Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes , Dru's killer was convicted....

Love your posts Truth....

I still don't think she was 'abducted' (in the traditional sense) at all. She was a big girl, and she was very smart - when I was a LEO arresting a woman like that always made me nervous, because if they want to fight, they can brutal (even with myself and 2-3 guys, we'd still come out of a fight with someone like her pretty battered and exhausted). Frankly, I would have rather taken some gang-banger into custody than fight with someone like Jennifer. I go back to the person who last saw her alive... Whomever she was with, I think she went willingly, and then was taken; I don't think it was planned either - more likely heat of the moment. The issues that stand out for me was 1. her relationship with her current boyfriend, and 2. that an ex-boyfriend was staying at her condo that weekend that she had gone on vacation. If I were a detective on this case, I would start by re-interviewing those people, and looking for inconsistencies in their stories. As for her body, she was probably dumped in one of the many lakes in that area, and eaten by alligators.
BBM - Just for confirmation: Jennifer was 5'8" tall and weighed 125 lbs.

Does that fit your description of a big girl?

If someone came up from behind and put a knife to her throat or pressed it against her ribs and told her to walk; or if they pressed a gun against her head--how much chance do you think she would have had to fight?

None of us know how we will respond in those situations, none of us.

Good points especially since so few were living there.
However her allocated parking spot was a very short walk to the stairs accessing her condo. She was going to need to use her allocated parking spot at some stage so why not get into the routine from the get-go.
Oh, yes, I agree with this.

I just always find myself wondering if--say for any reason--she had parked it in front maybe where she could keep any eye on it that particular evening, maybe because she had left the DVD player strapped on the back seat.

What I'm trying to get at (and admittedly I'm not doing a very good job) is--I wonder if her car could have been parked there when Mr. & Mrs. Kesse called the condo managers and asked them to check if Jenn's car was in her spot. They said it was not, but what if it was parked around the other side?

But if she wasn't allowed to park there, that would rule out the part of my theory I have connected to those thoughts.

I still don't think she was 'abducted' (in the traditional sense) at all. She was a big girl, and she was very smart - when I was a LEO arresting a woman like that always made me nervous, because if they want to fight, they can brutal (even with myself and 2-3 guys, we'd still come out of a fight with someone like her pretty battered and exhausted). Frankly, I would have rather taken some gang-banger into custody than fight with someone like Jennifer. I go back to the person who last saw her alive... Whomever she was with, I think she went willingly, and then was taken; I don't think it was planned either - more likely heat of the moment. The issues that stand out for me was 1. her relationship with her current boyfriend, and 2. that an ex-boyfriend was staying at her condo that weekend that she had gone on vacation. If I were a detective on this case, I would start by re-interviewing those people, and looking for inconsistencies in their stories. As for her body, she was probably dumped in one of the many lakes in that area, and eaten by alligators.

My thoughts on this are that the prevailing thought (which I think is made invalid by Verizon's analysis) is that Jennifer would have had to be hidden in braod daylight in metro area Orlando within a relatively short distance from her condo. There are "lakes", yes, but accessing water of some depth containing man eating aligators in metro Orlando not far from Jennifer's condo is a real problem in practice.

In addition the body would need to be weighted down well and little to nothing float away that is bound to be noticed in busy areas. These are not deep lakes there. I'm not saying it's impossible but from shore or a low bridge in broad daylight in metro Orlando? Improbable.

This is an active case. After 12 years?

This case needs a cold case unit.
Every single person known to Jennifer needs to be reinterviewed. In depth.

Whilst it is unlikely the perpetrator could be hiding in plain sight. I can't count the number of times I have seen 'rock solid alibis' proven to be false in cold cases.
There may well be more than one perpetrator too.

Tracey Ocasio lived in Ocoee. JK worked there, and had also lived there. Both girls had 4 leaf clover tattoos ? I've seen too many "coincidences" here on WS to believe in coinkindinks any more...

Whilst it is unlikely the perpetrator could be hiding in plain sight. I can't count the number of times I have seen 'rock solid alibis' proven to be false in cold cases.
Yes, law enforcement still consider this case active.

Usually they say it remains active because they still receive tips that they supposedly do investigate; and I also heard a detective say during one of those videos on Jenn's case that a missing persons case will always remain open.

It's interesting because I wonder if Mr. Kesse might be able to petition the courts to have the status changed to anything besides just missing--I don't know if missing and endangered would do it. But if they could get that status changed maybe they could then have the case closed and Mr. Kesse would be able to have his own PI team look at Jennifer's file. (Maybe this way would be cheaper for them.)

My goodness, Mr. and Mrs. Kesse have even declared Jennifer legally dead. (They did that for financial reasons, but still.)

That new lawsuit that Mr. Kesse said he was going to move forward with at the last presser was to have the case declared cold, (for the above reason regarding his PI team).

He said he even has to put his home up to pay for the legal cost involved. It all just so sad.

For those of you who have followed Maura Murrays case who disappeared in New Hampshire in 2004, her father Fred sued the Haverhill ,NH Police Dept and petitioned the court to make Maura's case a cold case and to release the records on her case so that he and family members could go over them looking for clues and to hire a private detective to work on the case........The judge asked the detective on Mauras case what kind of a chance was there that Mauras case would be solved....The detective said he thought that there was a 75% chance that the case could be solved....That was the end of that and the petition and suit was dismissed....Now , 14 years later Maura is still missing and the Murrays are no closer to Maura than the day she went missing...

It is so time for laws to change on cases that are decades old and nothing being done on them....Any of us are only a heartbeat away from being right where the Murrays and Kesse's are today.....What a frightening thought....

Tracey Ocasio lived in Ocoee. JK worked there, and had also lived there. Both girls had 4 leaf clover tattoos ? I've seen too many "coincidences" here on WS to believe in coinkindinks any more...

She had only moved from close to there to her condo three months earlier if I'm not mistaken. Very good point. Going by memory. Correct my time and distance if necessary. :)

For those of you who have followed Maura Murrays case who disappeared in New Hampshire in 2004, her father Fred sued the Haverhill ,NH Police Dept and petitioned the court to make Maura's case a cold case and to release the records on her case so that he and family members could go over them looking for clues and to hire a private detective to work on the case........The judge asked the detective on Mauras case what kind of a chance was there that Mauras case would be solved....The detective said he thought that there was a 75% chance that the case could be solved....That was the end of that and the petition and suit was dismissed....Now , 14 years later Maura is still missing and the Murrays are no closer to Maura than the day she went missing...

It is so time for laws to change on cases that are decades old and nothing being done on them....Any of us are only a heartbeat away from being right where the Murrays and Kesse's are today.....What a frightening thought....

75% chance? What a bald faced lie from the police.

Yes, law enforcement still consider this case active.

Usually they say it remains active because they still receive tips that they supposedly do investigate; and I also heard a detective say during one of those videos on Jenn's case that a missing persons case will always remain open.

It's interesting because I wonder if Mr. Kesse might be able to petition the courts to have the status changed to anything besides just missing--I don't know if missing and endangered would do it. But if they could get that status changed maybe they could then have the case closed and Mr. Kesse would be able to have his own PI team look at Jennifer's file. (Maybe this way would be cheaper for them.)

My goodness, Mr. and Mrs. Kesse have even declared Jennifer legally dead. (They did that for financial reasons, but still.)

That new lawsuit that Mr. Kesse said he was going to move forward with at the last presser was to have the case declared cold, (for the above reason regarding his PI team).

He said he even has to put his home up to pay for the legal cost involved. It all just so sad.

That is inexcusable.

I think so. It's my understanding it was right across the hall, and it was kept unlocked.

Jennifer's brother and his friend were said to have quickly looked through it on the 24th, and Mrs. Kesse also said that LE checked it, too; but didn't follow-up with any forensic analysis or anything of the like.

Regarding the workers in the van, LK also said he banged on the van's windows. He was only 21 and, for obvious reasons, he was very upset at the time.

We don't know that the people in the van were fluent in English. We don't know if they had any idea that a woman was missing from the complex.

So, I ask, if a young, fairly large, white male suddenly started banging on the windows of your van and yelling at you, what would you do?

Thats a good point T P , do we know if it was a actual panel van , or a minibus type ?

Here we go again.

In the twelve years I have looked at this case I have read great ideas, theories and debates here at WS.
I have seen various websites on Jennifer's case come and go but this site has always been here.

After twelve years what have I learned that, for lack of a better term, are facts set in concrete.

1 Jennifer failed to arrive at work on the Tuesday morning and is still missing.

2 An individual known as the POI parked her car at HOTG about a mile down the road from her residence.

I would crawl over broken glass to look inside LE's case files for Jennifer Kesse. I feel there will be bits of information in those that would startle us.
If only.

Here we go again.

In the twelve years I have looked at this case I have read great ideas, theories and debates here at WS.
I have seen various websites on Jennifer's case come and go but this site has always been here.

After twelve years what have I learned that, for lack of a better term, are facts set in concrete.

1 Jennifer failed to arrive at work on the Tuesday morning and is still missing.

2 An individual known as the POI parked her car at HOTG about a mile down the road from her residence.

I would crawl over broken glass to look inside LE's case files for Jennifer Kesse. I feel there will be bits of information in those that would startle us.
If only.

Its crazy isn’t it , so little is known !

I don't buy the multiple-perpetrator theory unless you count accessories after the fact. I believe Jennifer was murdered by her co-worker and that he acted alone initially. I think his wife helped him cover his tracks, though.

I keep hoping that a Flordia lawsuit might have a different outcome, but I suppose that's just wishful thinking.

You know what scares me--I think we might be only a heartbeat away from being right where Jennifer is today.

She had only moved from close to there to her condo three months earlier if I'm not mistaken. Very good point. Going by memory. Correct my time and distance if necessary. :)
I'm not sure if this would help, but for people--like me--who are not from the area, it might be of interest. (Just click to enlarge).

Jenn, Tracy and Michelle.jpg

People and Places of Interest.jpg Jennifer.jpg https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dFczQr14UJRDEX3LZefAIMp5x_U&usp=sharing

The green "pins" show various places of interest for Michelle Parker and Tracy Ocasio (and a few for Jennifer). The red "pins" pertain only to Jennifer.

I'm not sure there is a connection with these cases, but I find the similarities of location quite startling. (Note the closeness of the "pins" for where he lived and where Tracy's car was found--they are practically on top of each other. In fact they are so close one is on top of the other in my screen shot. To get them separated, I have to make the image too large.)

For additional information, I added a link for my map which should open with only those two layers showing, (I hope). Also, if you click on the link and then open it in "Your Maps", you should be able to click on both the directory and the pins on the map themselves and get a little pop-up box with a few details.

I added the additional screen shots of the directories in my comment, though, so you can get a pretty good idea without have to do that.

75% chance? What a bald faced lie from the police.
I agree. Heavens, based on that, the OPD may give Jennifer's case a 95% chance.

That is inexcusable.
It really is. I don't understand why an agreement can't be reached between the parties so the expensive lawsuit would not be necessary.

I think there are instances where LE will allow their case files to be viewed by third parties--such as authors. I know Ann Rule always gave thanks to police departments for letting her have a look at their files. I'm pretty sure she was a former law enforcement officer, though.

Still, why couldn't a PI have a look at just the first two weeks of tips. Maybe allow him in--supervised, of course--with a cell phone and let him take some pics?

Mr. Kesse said that's all they are really interested in--the tips received in the first two weeks of Jennifer's disappearance.

I don't buy the multiple-perpetrator theory unless you count accessories after the fact. I believe Jennifer was murdered by her co-worker and that he acted alone initially. I think his wife helped him cover his tracks, though.
Just curious, has your opinion changed any since listening to the last episode of the Unconcluded podcast?

I find that pointed to the same place (Jen's workplace), but broadened the horizons a bit.

I'll link it for anyone who hasn't had time to listen yet.

https://audioboom.com/posts/6670938-fabrications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member