FL FL - Jennifer Odom, 12, Blanton, 19 Feb 1993

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
by: Nathaniel Rodriguez Posted: Feb 19, 2023 rbbm.
''Six days after her disappearance, her body was found in an abandoned orange grove in southeast Hernando County. However, her clothing was not with her body.

“Jennifer was last seen wearing a white zip-up ‘Hooters’ sweat jacket with orange lettering on the left sleeve, a red long sleeve pullover sweater, possible cashmere or angora, a white turtleneck shirt, white denim pants and black lace-up style boots,”
the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office said.

About two years after that, a couple looking for scrap metal found Jennifer’s backpack and clarinet case were found in a rural part of the county.''

''According to investigators, Jennifer may have been followed by someone in “a full-size faded blue pickup truck which was observed travelling slowly behind her as she walked toward her home from the bus stop.”

If you know anything, call Detective George Loydgren at 352-754-6830.''
1676845557404.png

Several years ago there was a comment in one of the articles about potentially trying to extract DNA from the items recovered. I think it might have been a side note in another local case, that it could be possible in this case. Has anyone come across anything to follow up on this? I have looked and was not able to find anything. This is one of those cases I would do anything to see solved.

Hernando County was back out at Billy Mansfields familys property today. There was an arrest in a "high profile case" related to this. HCSO will be having a press conference tomorrow with more info. There is speculation that this is about Jennifer Odom and when people where asking about if it was about certain cases Pasco News said no. They did not say no about Jennifer Odom. I hope there is closure for her family and justice from this event. Keeping fingers crossed.

Pasco News

ndepSotrsocm17uughf1af66all02a0ia7atmuhi0992ic78cu5ufu65gf42 ·

BREAKING NEWS: Hernando County Sheriff Al Nienhuis will hold a news conference Thursday morning with details on a “high-profile” cold case homicide investigation.
According to the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office, Nienhuis will also announce an arrest in the case.
The Sheriff’s office will not provide details about the high-profile cold case, but detectives were at the property in Spring Hill known as “The house of Horrors” that is connected to the family of Serial Killer Billy Mansfield.
Pasco News has not been able to confirm if the arrest announcement and police activity are related.
The Press conference begins at 10am and we will have more information when it’s released.

Billy Mansfield and his family info FL - William "Billy" Mansfield Tampa Bay

Hernando County was back out at Billy Mansfields familys property today. There was an arrest in a "high profile case" related to this. HCSO will be having a press conference tomorrow with more info. There is speculation that this is about Jennifer Odom and when people where asking about if it was about certain cases Pasco News said no. They did not say no about Jennifer Odom. I hope there is closure for her family and justice from this event. Keeping fingers crossed.

Pasco News

ndepSotrsocm17uughf1af66all02a0ia7atmuhi0992ic78cu5ufu65gf42 ·

BREAKING NEWS: Hernando County Sheriff Al Nienhuis will hold a news conference Thursday morning with details on a “high-profile” cold case homicide investigation.
According to the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office, Nienhuis will also announce an arrest in the case.
The Sheriff’s office will not provide details about the high-profile cold case, but detectives were at the property in Spring Hill known as “The house of Horrors” that is connected to the family of Serial Killer Billy Mansfield.
Pasco News has not been able to confirm if the arrest announcement and police activity are related.
The Press conference begins at 10am and we will have more information when it’s released.

Billy Mansfield and his family info FL - William "Billy" Mansfield Tampa Bay
I checked the arrest reports this morning, there isn't anything suspicious from yesterday

I'm trying to watch this live on Facebook but reception is going in/out. It says DNA advancement was instrumental in solving the case. They showed a photo of the perp who is already incarcerated, but I haven't heard his full name yet.

ETA: His name is Jeffrey Crum, owned a blue truck, familiar with the area and lived in Pasco County, did drywall work.

Jeffrey Norman Crum, 61, has been indicted on charges of first-degree murder, kidnapping and sexual battery in the case, Hernando County Sheriff Al Nienhuis announced at news conference on Thursday.

Crum is already serving two life sentences for sexual battery and attempted murder convictions in a similar case in Pasco Countythat Nienhuis said helped investigators link him to the Odom case that has stumped investigators for 30 years.

ty I just came here to post. Wow abcaction jumped the gun before the press conference. Now we know that there was an arrest and I hope a conviction for justice.
Did they even cover the press conference?
I found it on Fox, which seemed to be the only one covering it. Which is incredibly disappointing. There was a lot of information provided.
He should have his first appearance today. If so, I will post it.

Did they even cover the press conference?
I found it on Fox, which seemed to be the only one covering it. Which is incredibly disappointing. There was a lot of information provided.
He should have his first appearance today. If so, I will post it.
I watched it on Facebook and at the very end, someone must have asked about a court appearance. The officers response was 1pm today or 1pm tomorrow, he wasn't sure.

I watched it on Facebook and at the very end, someone must have asked about a court appearance. The officers response was 1pm today or 1pm tomorrow, he wasn't sure.
I wish they let you have cameras in the court room...I'd run up there and record it! They upload a stream to YouTube, but the quality is terrible.

Its disingenuous for Police to say they solved the case and give themselves a pat on the back. It was Science that did what they never could. That's like in Basketball a player passes the ball to another who does incredible moves and nails the game winning 3 and the passer takes full credit.

Its disingenuous for Police to say they solved the case and give themselves a pat on the back. It was Science that did what they never could. That's like in Basketball a player passes the ball to another who does incredible moves and nails the game winning 3 and the passer takes full credit.
I don’t understand…what science solved this case? This is one of the few where they really deserve a pat on the back for the good old fashioned detective work.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warden2024
Back