GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A UNF Assistant Professor of Sociology says race is definitely a factor in the Michael Dunn trial and the social implications of the case are on the minds of many people not just in Jacksonville but also around the nation.

Sociology Analyst Dr. JeffriAnne Wilder says even though people don't want to talk about it, the Michael Dunn trial is being viewed through a racial lens.

"The irony is Jordan Davis' parents have been very clear on not making this about race," said Wilder. "Where as Michael Dunn has made this very much about race."

In letters written by Michael Dunn from jail, he says he's not sure if he should feel like the victim of reverse discrimination. He goes on to say, "the blacks seem to be calling the shots in the media and the courts."
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/news/local/2014/02/04/race-dunn-trial-unf/5196119/

And quite likely that's the idea that went into his decision that night to confront and use deadly force on the car of loud blacks. Do we know yet if these letters will be allowed in trial? I hope so. It's pretty much evidence that he's racist and has an issue with black people in general.

Dunn was dumb to take on a car load of males, no matter their color. Probably dumb to take on 4 of females too. They were dumb to entangle themselves with him. It is a tragedy all round.

Dunn wrote, "I have been around firearms most of my life and have never had cause to draw a weapon on someone, let alone fire one at anyone. Deadly force is only to be used in circumstances of self-defense! After multiple threats of death by Jordan Davis and his brandishing of a weapon, I was convinced that my life was in danger. When Mr. Davis opened his door and said 'You're DEAD expletive! This expletive is going down NOW,' I was convinced that the loss of my life was imminent, I had no choice but to defend myself, I am NOT a murderer. I am a survivor."

http://archive.firstcoastnews.com/n...is-was-killed-in-a-letter-to-First-Coast-News

Investigators say the teens had no weapons ... McBath said childproof locks prevented her son from getting out.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/news/crime/jordan-davis/2014/01/17/4562829/

What do these jail house letters have to do with the event. Dunn was crazy to take on a car load of teenagers, no matter their color. And they were crazy to entangle themselves with him. It is a tragedy all round.

As I mentioned earlier, the letters could show that Dunn has animosity towards black people and that he shot Jordan in anger and/or hate, not out of fear or self defense. In one of the letters he says something along the lines, and I paraphrase: if more white people shot and killed these black thugs then maybe they would stop being thugs. IMO, that's an incredibly racist and hateful thing to say. And it really shows Dunn's state of mind. He has shown no remorse for the young life he so callously took. He comes across as a self-absorbed, angry, and hateful man. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Dunn was dumb to take on a car load of males, no matter their color. Probably dumb to take on 4 of females too. They were dumb to entangle themselves with him. It is a tragedy all round.

"They were dumb enough to entangle themselves with him." How do you even know they did? Were you there? We know that after the driver turned the volume down, Davis told him to turn it back up. Other than that, we don't know what was said, if anything at all by the kids to Dunn after he returned to his car. They did not get out of their car, even. Dunn did, though. It seems you want to put just as much blame on Davis as Dunn for his death. The moral of the story is not, don't trifle with men in case they have a gun. That a simplistic view. And a victim blaming one, at that. It's also from the view that Dunn simply did what he had to do. How about, Dunn shouldn't have turned it deadly. Again, they didn't leave their car, didn't make a move to, and, of course, did not have any weapons. How did he feel threatened enough to fire several shots at a car of teenagers instead of just driving away? That's what I don't understand. What do you know that we don't?

MOO.

As I mentioned earlier, the letters could show that Dunn has animosity towards black people and that he shot Jordan in anger and/or hate, not out of fear or self defense. In one of the letters he says something along the lines, and I paraphrase: if more white people shot and killed these black thugs then maybe they would stop being thugs. IMO, that's an incredibly racist and hateful thing to say. And it really shows Dunn's state of mind. He has shown no remorse for the young life he so callously took. He comes across as a self-absorbed, angry, and hateful man. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Wasn't he also drunk that night? When people are drunk, their true natures and feelings come out.

This is very interesting. His story has gotten more and more elaborate. From he thought he saw a barrel in the car, to they shouted threats from the car, to Davis getting out and shouting death threats, presumably with a weapon in his hand. All this from a kid without a history of violence and a good record at school. So angry he was, that he was ready to kill? And Dunn, who has expressed racist and murderous views, was just an innocent guy bothered by noise pollution. GMAB.

Also, multiple threats of death? All that threatening and Dunn didn't have any time to drive away?

MOO.

This is very interesting. His story has gotten more and more elaborate. From he thought he saw a barrel in the car, to they shouted threats from the car, to Davis getting out and shouting death threats, presumably with a weapon in his hand. All this from a kid without a history of violence and a good record at school. So angry he was, that he was ready to kill? And Dunn, who has expressed racist and murderous views, was just an innocent guy bothered by noise pollution. GMAB.

Also, multiple threats of death? All that threatening and Dunn didn't have any time to drive away?

MOO.

Next will be that they almost killed him by beating him close to death. Fortunately, he had a can of spinach and was revitalized enough to grab his gun!! :rolleyes:

I'm not a fan of Corey. I think she picked this case to argue because she believes she'll win it (which she needs after having her behind handed to her in the GZ trial) but I'm worried she'll just make a mess. But folks are saying that she was a good trial lawyer so hopefully she'll surprise me.

I'm not a fan of Corey. I think she picked this case to argue because she believes she'll win it (which she needs after having her behind handed to her in the GZ trial) but I'm worried she'll just make a mess. But folks are saying that she was a good trial lawyer so hopefully she'll surprise me.

I'm hoping she can get the job done. Interesting to see a state attorney take on a case like this. Never seen that before.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 5m

Healey reiterates he is "very confident" the trial will be done by next Feb, Fri 14 #DunnTrial

https://twitter.com/NewsAndNom

Sorry, I don't know how to embed tweets here. I thought this one was interesting enough to share. Some of the prospective jurors are nervous about being sequestered and this was the judge's response.

I'm hoping she can get the job done. Interesting to see a state attorney take on a case like this. Never seen that before.

Yeah, I just about fell out of my chair when I read that she would be arguing the case!

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 5m

Healey reiterates he is "very confident" the trial will be done by next Feb, Fri 14 #DunnTrial

https://twitter.com/NewsAndNom

Sorry, I don't know how to embed tweets here. I thought this one was interesting enough to share. Some of the prospective jurors are nervous about being sequestered and this was the judge's response.

They expect to be finished with this trial in less than TWO WEEKS? I don't think so. Or maybe i am reading wrong.

:wave: hi everyone

They expect to be finished with this trial in less than TWO WEEKS? I don't think so. Or maybe i am reading wrong.

:wave: hi everyone

I find that pretty likely. Not a lot of evidence/things to be heard in this case That's how long murder trials like this typically take. Didn't Zimmerman's trial take about that much time?

Hi Seattle! Welcome!

I find that pretty likely. Not a lot of evidence/things to be heard in this case That's how long murder trials like this typically take. Didn't Zimmerman's trial take about that much time?

Hi Seattle! Welcome!

True. I just feel they last more than that :floorlaugh:

Reading the jail house letters. Two funny things:

1. The bird in the stamp? :floorlaugh: + :tantrum:
2. Anyone has ideas as to what the code he is using to chat up with his lady loooove means?

True. I just feel they last more than that :floorlaugh:

Reading the jail house letters. Two funny things:

1. The bird in the stamp? :floorlaugh: + :tantrum:
2. Anyone has ideas as to what the code he is using to chat up with his lady loooove means?

BBM

Can't imagine why *cough* Jodi...

'All you black kids with the pumped up sound, better turn it down, turn it down...

All you black kids better turn it down, because I'm Michael Dunn,...

and you won't outrun my gun!'

I expect Dunn will get his just deserts.

This case is going to a Court of Law for a jury of Dunn's peers to decide the truth of the matter in this sad event including but not limited to who was the aggressor. His Civil Rights include a presumption of innocence till proven guilty and that has not happened to date. My opinion is as good as anyone else and as informed with what we all know now. Dunn says he shot in self - defense and maybe he did.
We'll see when all the evidence comes out and the jury has a verdict.

I am interested in this trial, but not interested enough to read jail house letters. Do we have Cliff notes on them or a summary? :jail:

bbm.....One of these thing's is not like the other, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor