GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Being disrespectful in a public place (and we don't know if they were disrespectful. What is too loud? Who determines that?) warrants a death penalty by a random citizen? That's crazy. When I see something outside that looks questionable, I call the police. They can determine what is allowed or not. Who is he to be judge and jury? It sounds to me that Mr. Dunn was the one with little respect for his fellow man.

Possiblely everyone involved!

I see in the article at the link that Dunn and his girlfriend heard on the news that someone was killed as a result of the shooting and returned to Brevard. Was Dunn on the run?

It appears so. Luckily, an eye witness wrote down his license plate number. I do believe that him fleeing the area after the shooting and then again after hearing of the death is why he is being held without bond. He is a flight risk.

You know who I also feel sorry for? I feel sorry for Mr. Dunn's son. His son's anniversary is going to be the same day his father shot and killed a 17-year-old boy after leaving the reception for his wedding.

It's being reported on the news tonight (firstcoastnews.com) the driver if the SUV has a record is on a curfew. Was not suppose to be out after7 pm.

IMO and I don't know, just thinking I think the conflict was with the driver and unfortunately someone innocent was killed.

According to what is being reported, Mr. Dunn pulled up next to the SUV with the teenagers inside.

I do not know what happened at the wedding, but have been to plenty to know that the music is not played lightly and it can become very, very loud with the right crowd.

Yes, the private property is open to the public, but it is still private property and Mr. Dunn should have talked to the person/s responsible for that private property at the time instead of being an aggressive <modslip> with a gun.

So, when I blast a country song in my car, I should expect to get shot because someone has anger issues and thinks he's a big tough guy with a gun? I think not!

I will play my music how I like. If a cop wants to pull me over and issue me a ticket for violating the city ordinance on loud music, then he has every right to because that is his/her job. Not the job of some random guy who thinks firing 8/9 shots into a car full of teenagers makes him a bada**.
If you have Hank up too loud in the wrong place I sure there are people who would bust a cap in your butt!

Since this happened at 7:40pm I wonder if he even went to his kids wedding. :waitasec:

The son of Dunn was on news tonight said his dad did leave wedding early at 7 cause he had a puppy to go tend to. Son also said he didn't see his dad drinking at wedding.

Since this happened at 7:40pm I wonder if he even went to his kids wedding. :waitasec:

I thought his lawyer stated that he had been at the reception and made a point to say that he had only drank to a toast (yeah right).

ALERT!! I will be ASSUMING here:

Maybe Dad and Son were not on the best of terms. It's obviously the dad is divorced from the mother since he was with a girlfriend. Could something at the reception have made dad mad? I think he pulled up to the station mad about something and took it out on the kids because he felt he was a tough guy?

Who knows. There is just so much that we don't know.

It's being reported on the news tonight (firstcoastnews.com) the driver if the SUV has a record is on a curfew. Was not suppose to be out after7 pm.

IMO and I don't know, just thinking I think the conflict was with the driver and unfortunately someone innocent was killed.

The article linked at the beginning of the thread stated that the driver of the SUV and the gun shooter's girlfriend were both inside the store at the gas station at the time of the shooting.

The son of Dunn was on news tonight said his dad did leave wedding early at 7 cause he had a puppy to go tend to. Son also said he didn't see his dad drinking at wedding.

Was the puppy at the hotel?

Here's my question:

If this happened so fast and was just in self-defense, then why was the gun out? I mean, was he just driving around with a loaded gun?

Or did he get it out when he went to confront the teens? In which case, he entered into a confrontation armed BEFORE he saw the alleged shotgun.

Why did he feel the need to be armed? If he thought it might turn violent, why didn't he just drive away?

Everything we know so far, including the shooter's own statements and those of his lawyer, points to this guy starting the confrontation, escalating it, and finishing it.

If he is not held accountable, then no one is safe.
It's Jacksonville FL. With a Murder rate 2-1/2 times that of NYC!

You do understand that if the shooter were LE and he/she claimed they saw a weapon this would already be in the Justified homicide bracket!

Teens are not famous for great behavior; should they be shot for it?

Then why make the comment about the SUV being higher than the Jetta?

ETA: Where did you see he was pumping gas?

This info was apparently relayed to defense atty by shooter. I believe he make the statement about height of his vehicle as compared to the other to allow for the probaility that no shotgun will be found and the possibility that he was in error and none existed in the first place. This statement implies that he is very aware of the fact that he doesn't need to prove there was a shotgun but only that he believed there was one and his life was in iminent danger.

Very convenient and IMO very self serving.

I can't figure out if the teens had a shotgun, how on earth this man was able to get his gun out and shoot before they could even get a shot off? Was it pointed at him? Was it imagined? Where did it go when the police came?

He drove away and never called the cops? That's odd. If I'm in the right and believe I have defended myself, I will call the cops. Criminals break into the my home, if I shoot them, I'll call the cops. Someone attacks me on the street, if I shoot them, I'm going to call the police. I really can't think of a time where I would shoot at people, leave the scene and go about my day as if it didn't happen. Color me confused. lol

Most likely it wasn't a shotgun or any gun just the representation or perception of a gun.

Someone just stated that the driver and the girlfriend of Mr. Dunn were in the store at the time of the shooting.

It's Jacksonville FL. With a Murder rate 2-1/2 times that of NYC! ...

I do think this murder rate raises the probability of anyone involved having criminal records. It also adds to the fear factor.

Still, you can't shoot someone because you are afraid of something that isn't happening. It has to be reasonable if you are claiming self-defense or SYG.

Police are different, but their jobs are very different than the average person going about their business.

There are certainly cases where 'I thought I saw a gun' could be a valid excuse for a citizen. But riding around locked-and-loaded (my opinion), pulling up and starting a confrontation 1st, fleeing, not calling 911, mentioning a weapon for the first time so much later after the incident, etc, all diminish the credibility of that defense.

That sounds plausable!

i thought his lawyer stated that he had been at the reception and made a point to say that he had only drank to a toast (yeah right).

Alert!! I will be assuming here:

Maybe dad and son were not on the best of terms. It's obviously the dad is divorced from the mother since he was with a girlfriend. Could something at the reception have made dad mad? I think he pulled up to the station mad about something and took it out on the kids because he felt he was a tough guy?

Who knows. there is just so much that we don't know.

b.i.n.g.o

I would love to know what Mr. Dunn's girlfriend was purchasing in the store at the time of the shooting? Also, did she just jump back into the car with someone who just unloaded a gun at a gas station?? What was she thinking? She should have stayed in the store.

She was buying wine. Or that's what's been reported on HLN on different shows and news segments.

This info was apparently relayed to defense atty by shooter. I believe he make the statement about height of his vehicle as compared to the other to allow for the probaility that no shotgun will be found and the possibility that he was in error and none existed in the first place. This statement implies that he is very aware of the fact that he doesn't need to prove there was a shotgun but only that he believed there was one and his life was in iminent danger.

Very convenient and IMO very self serving.
Someone that gets it.

Was the puppy at the hotel?

Not sure news nor son said. I was wondering the same. The so did say he and his dad were suppose to hook back up the next morning and didn't hear about what happened till about 11:30 next evening after his grandmother seen it on the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine