GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to know what Mr. Dunn's girlfriend was purchasing in the store at the time of the shooting? Also, did she just jump back into the car with someone who just unloaded a gun at a gas station?? What was she thinking? She should have stayed in the store.

I would love to know what the driver of the SUV was buying also.

She was buying wine. Or that's what's been reported on HLN on different shows and news segments.

Nothing nefarious about buying wine or anything, but I assumed they had stopped to get alcohol.

I do not believe that Mr. Dunn was sober at the time of the shooting. He may not have been plastered, but I have a feeling he had more than just a little toast at the reception. I wonder what time the reception started? How many hours was he there?

I am sure ATF will be investigating that.

I would love to know what the driver of the SUV was buying also.

How old was he? Do we know? Would he be old enough to buy any kind of rolling devices? Just asking because curfew's ussually apply to teens who have had a run in with the law?

Not to say that all gas station workers ID correctly.

Nothing nefarious about buying wine or anything, but I assumed they had stopped to get alcohol.

I do not believe that Mr. Dunn was sober at the time of the shooting. He may not have been plastered, but I have a feeling he had more than just a little toast at the reception. I wonder what time the reception started? How many hours was he there?

I am sure ATF will be investigating that.

I highly doubt th ATF will get involved, that's federal. This will be JSO and the FDLE.

How old was he? Do we know? Would he be old enough to buy any kind of rolling devices? Just asking because curfew's ussually apply to teens who have had a run in with the law?

Not to say that all gas station workers ID correctly.

Don't Know

This info was apparently relayed to defense atty by shooter. I believe he make the statement about height of his vehicle as compared to the other to allow for the probaility that no shotgun will be found and the possibility that he was in error and none existed in the first place. This statement implies that he is very aware of the fact that he doesn't need to prove there was a shotgun but only that he believed there was one and his life was in iminent danger.

Very convenient and IMO very self serving.

See below how I think the height of the vehicle enters into it. The post you were responding to was after this post.

I find this quote from Dunn's attorney fascinating. I've transcribed it from the video as best I could. If anyone finds errors please correct me.

After saying the kids made threats to kill him and telling someone to kill that MFer and stuff like that. She says; "And he sees that much of a shotgun coming up over the rim of the SUV which is up higher than his Jetta. All he sees are heavily tinted front windows that are up, back windows that are down and the car has at least four black men in it, and he doesn't know how old anybody is, he doesn't know anything, but he knows a shotgun when he sees one."

Obviously, this is his story being repeated by his lawyer. So this had to be coming from him.

Here's are my problems with that statement;

"All he sees are heavily tinted front windows that are up, back windows that are down and the car has at least four black men in it." This statement is also telling; "...over the rim of the SUV which is up higher than his Jetta."

From what she's saying it seems he's sitting in the front seat of his car talking to a kid in the back of the SUV who had a rolled down window. He would have been looking at an angle and back in order to do this. (If they were parked next to each other with the SUV's passenger door next to the Jetta's drivers side door. Which is how most people park, and in the video the SUV is parked straight with the front pointed to the curb.)

So how did he know there were "at least" four black men in it? If the front windows are heavily tinted. How can he see into the car on the passenger side window? If he can only see into the back of the cars open window then how did he know that there were "at least" four black men in the car?
She says; "he sees that much of a shotgun coming up over the rim of the SUV which is up higher than his Jetta" That seems to imply he was sitting in his car when the alleged gun was raised. However, it just doesn't make sense.

He must have gotten up and exited his car and approached the back window of the SUV. While having his gun. It seems to me that it's most likely that he could only know both back windows were open by seeing the window from one side to the other. He could only have known the race of the two front occupants (I believe there were four people in the SUV, maybe I'm wrong) If he was standing at the back window and could see into the car.

Then the statement; "the car has at least four black men in it," is totally unnecessary, unless you're paranoid of black people. JMO

The other question I have is when did his girlfriend come out and get into his car? What's her story?

I would love to know what Mr. Dunn's girlfriend was purchasing in the store at the time of the shooting? Also, did she just jump back into the car with someone who just unloaded a gun at a gas station?? What was she thinking? She should have stayed in the store.

Exactly how I feel.

BTW, Jordan's dad will be interviewed on HLN's Evening Express tomorrow.

Really you would rather be left at a gas station in Jacksonville FL. after the person you rode to that station with was just in a gun fight! You need to think about that!

Really you would rather be left at a gas station in Jacksonville FL. after the person you rode to that station with was just in a gun fight! You need to think about that!

If something like that happened with my family or any of my friends we would stick around to talk to the police.

I highly doubt th ATF will get involved, that's federal. This will be JSO and the FDLE.

As a bartender, if a crime happens after someone leaves my bar and I had served that person, ATF will open an investigation into the establishment I work at. They would want to know how much I served them. Did I over serve them, etc...

I know this because we have meetings every three months with a woman who respresents area clubs and she goes over all the laws, changing laws, etc... that ATF puts into place. That way, we are all up-to-date on everything. These meetings are mandatory.

I am sure the establishment that this reception was held at has some form of representation that serves the same purpose. So, if the family of the victim wants an investigation into the establishment who held the reception to see if Mr. Dunn was overserved, etc... then ATF can and most likely will open an investigation.

MOO

He seems like such a nice man. Hearing nothing but good about this family. My heart breaks for them.
If the shooter has no criminal record and been active in his community and charitable would you concider him to be a nice man?

I have heard no reports of there being a gun fight. All we have heard is that it was Mr. Dunn who fired all 8/9 shots. I don't know if I would even leave the gas station at all after hearing that many gunshots. I would be ducked down behind an aisle scared for my life. Unable to move.

But, alcohol does make some people braver?

I have heard no reports of there being a gun fight. All we have heard is that it was Mr. Dunn who fired all 8/9 shots. I don't know if I would even leave the gas station at all after hearing that many gunshots. I would be ducked down behind an aisle scared for my life. Unable to move.

But, alcohol does make some people braver?
8/9 shots sounds like a gun fight to me.

New york maybe, Jacksonville noway. There's been 3 murders after this shooting.

A little off topic ,......but we get up on Sunday morning turn on news and say let's see how many people got shot last night. It does seem like its all you hear anymore.

Oddly, I can't find any articles online that have anyone but Dunn's daughter telling what a great guy he is. The son says he seemed great, but that's from that one afternoon of the wedding, and he qualifies it that way.

There are articles about him flying into a no-fly zone where the FBI got involved, and recent articles mention anti-government FB posts of Dunn's. But not so many folks are calling up reporters to tell how surprised they are that he did this, apparently. Hmmmm.

Well, his lawyer thinks he's a great guy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member