GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"He did something that there was no defense for," the father said of the suspect.
Ron Davis said his son didn't own any guns, wasn't part of a gang and was a good kid. When Dunn pulled out the gun, the teens' initially thought it was a fake then frantically tried to back up the car before being caught in the gunfire, Ron Davis said.
The father said he talked to two of the teens who were in the car, and they are "really shaken."

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/28/us/florida-music-shooting/

How would the attorney for Mr. Dunn know that teens from the car had left the scene and came back shortly after? Based on Mr. Dunn's word? How would he know if he fled the scene himself?

I can see the kids running from gun shots flying at their heads. Who wouldn't try and run from some maniac unloading a weapon in the parking lot of a gas station. He's lucky he didn't hit a gas pump and the whole station went up in flames. I am sure there were other people running from the scene too. Not just the teens.

Honestly, if one of the teens had a shotgun, then why did he not fire back at the shooter? Mr. Dunn expects me to believe that these teens had the thought process to run and hide a gun, but not fire back at someone shooting at them?? Nope. Not buying it.

I really hope there is video.

Maybe from a police report? I haven't seen it reported anywhere else that they teens left and came back.
We may just have to wait until all the info comes out. jmo:seeya:

Why are those chances good?

For those of you who don't know Jacksonville is one of the murder capitals of the country. Jacksonville has lead the State of Florida's Murder rate 11 years out of the last 12 years. There will be about 110 Murders in Jacksonville this year, Population, around 850,000. NYC will have about 400 murders, population about 8,500,000. Most of them happen within 5 miles of the center of Jacksonville (75sq miles). The city of Jacksonville covers 885sq miles, NYC covers 468.5 sq miles! If you go anywhere near downtown Jacksonville you are at a high risk of being found dead!

I'm leaving room for the possibility that there was a shotgun. I'd need to know more. But I'm leaning heavily on suspecting the known gunman of murder because of his own actions.

I don't know beans about any of the people involved, except for the fleeing part and what the cops say they found or didn't. Oh, and it is rude to play music loudly, but my God. My brother better wear a bullet-proof vest everywhere he goes if that's worth being shot at (and he prefers Rap, btw, so he needs to be extra careful!).

It doersn't have to be a shotgun or even a weapon. Jusrt something that resembles one!

Something tells me Drugs will also play a part in this case!

I am so confused why we think the chances are good that these teens had a gun or a criminal record? Why is it that we take the victim and try to make them into a bad guy? Because of statistics about certain people? Is that it? If so, it's damn sad.

I am so confused why we think the chances are good that these teens had a gun or a criminal weapon? Why is it that we take the victim and try to make them into a bad guy? Because of statistics about certain people? Is that it? If so, it's damn sad.

1st it's Jacksonville
2nd statistics usually are a foundation of/for our biases! In other words we have them (biases/discrimation) for a reason!

1st it's Jacksonville
2nd statistics usually are a foundation of/for our biases! In other words we have them (biases/discrimation) for a reason!

And it's sad. And IMO, a big problem.
If this man pulled a gun based on his prejudices, he deserves the same punishment he gave.

"He did something that there was no defense for," the father said of the suspect.
Ron Davis said his son didn't own any guns, wasn't part of a gang and was a good kid. When Dunn pulled out the gun, the teens' initially thought it was a fake then frantically tried to back up the car before being caught in the gunfire, Ron Davis said.
The father said he talked to two of the teens who were in the car, and they are "really shaken."

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/28/us/florida-music-shooting/

I find this quote from Dunn's attorney fascinating. I've transcribed it from the video as best I could. If anyone finds errors please correct me.

After saying the kids made threats to kill him and telling someone to kill that MFer and stuff like that. She says; "And he sees that much of a shotgun coming up over the rim of the SUV which is up higher than his Jetta. All he sees are heavily tinted front windows that are up, back windows that are down and the car has at least four black men in it, and he doesn't know how old anybody is, he doesn't know anything, but he knows a shotgun when he sees one."

Obviously, this is his story being repeated by his lawyer. So this had to be coming from him.

Here's are my problems with that statement;

"All he sees are heavily tinted front windows that are up, back windows that are down and the car has at least four black men in it." This statement is also telling; "...over the rim of the SUV which is up higher than his Jetta."

From what she's saying it seems he's sitting in the front seat of his car talking to a kid in the back of the SUV who had a rolled down window. He would have been looking at an angle and back in order to do this. (If they were parked next to each other with the SUV's passenger door next to the Jetta's drivers side door. Which is how most people park, and in the video the SUV is parked straight with the front pointed to the curb.)

So how did he know there were "at least" four black men in it? If the front windows are heavily tinted. How can he see into the car on the passenger side window? If he can only see into the back of the cars open window then how did he know that there were "at least" four black men in the car?
She says; "he sees that much of a shotgun coming up over the rim of the SUV which is up higher than his Jetta" That seems to imply he was sitting in his car when the alleged gun was raised. However, it just doesn't make sense.

He must have gotten up and exited his car and approached the back window of the SUV. While having his gun. It seems to me that it's most likely that he could only know both back windows were open by seeing the window from one side to the other. He could only have known the race of the two front occupants (I believe there were four people in the SUV, maybe I'm wrong) If he was standing at the back window and could see into the car.

Then the statement; "the car has at least four black men in it," is totally unnecessary, unless you're paranoid of black people. JMO

The other question I have is when did his girlfriend come out and get into his car? What's her story?

Attention Please!

Please remember that Websleuths is a 'victim friendly' website. Jordan Davis was the victim of a senseless tragedy. Whether it was a misunderstanding, accident, or murder, it's going to be up to a judge and jury to decide.

Until this case comes to a conclusion and until there's any PROOF there was a weapon shown by the victims, (ie all the teenagers in that car were victims of this crime,) then the only person saying there was a weapon in the SUV is the shooter; therefore, it's alleged shotgun.

Until it's given by officials, there's nothing to say the teenagers left the scene of the incident prior to LE arriving. But the shooter did, that is left the scene.

There us not ONE iota of evidence that this boy was involved in drugs or gangs, therefore, let's NOT even go there.

Please, before you hit that submit button, be sure what you say isn't against any of our TOS and gives dignity to the victims of this case, as well as their friends and family. In other words, be sure you wouldn't mind if any involved read your words.

I recommend watching the video embedded in the article linked below. I think you'll get a sense of what type of child Jordan was as well as his family. This was a group of teenagers coming back from shopping at the mall on Black Friday and then tragedy struck. My condolences to all.

JMHO
fran

1st person: Inside the Jordan Davis tragedy

http://www.news4jax.com/news/1st-pe...91818/-/format/rsss_2.0/-/g8rb7l/-/index.html

Attention Please!

Please remember that Websleuths is a 'victim friendly' website. Jordan Davis was the victim of a senseless tragedy. Whether it was a misunderstanding, accident, or murder, it's going to be up to a judge and jury to decide.

Until this case comes to a conclusion and until there's any PROOF there was a weapon shown by the victims, (ie all the teenagers in that car were victims of this crime,) then the only person saying there was a weapon in the SUV is the shooter; therefore, it's alleged shotgun.

Until it's given by officials, there's nothing to say the teenagers left the scene of the incident prior to LE arriving. But the shooter did, that is left the scene.

There us not ONE iota of evidence that this boy was involved in drugs or gangs, therefore, let's NOT even go there.

Please, before you hit that submit button, be sure what you say isn't against any of our TOS and gives dignity to the victims of this case, as well as their friends and family. In other words, be sure you wouldn't mind if any involved read your words.

I recommend watching the video embedded in the article linked below. I think you'll get a sense of what type of child Jordan was as well as his family. This was a group of teenagers coming back from shopping at the mall on Black Friday and then tragedy struck. My condolences to all.

JMHO
fran

1st person: Inside the Jordan Davis tragedy

http://www.news4jax.com/news/1st-pe...91818/-/format/rsss_2.0/-/g8rb7l/-/index.html

I get the local Jacksonville news channels. I live in Southeast GA. Just like all the people claiming the 2 teenagers in Minn. were good kids just to find out no they are not, this could clearly turn being it happend in Jacksonville FL. At this point proclaiming one person a Victim and the other not is jumping to conclusions, the shooter just my be the victim here!

I find this quote from Dunn's attorney fascinating. I've transcribed it from the video as best I could. If anyone finds errors please correct me.

After saying the kids made threats to kill him and telling someone to kill that MFer and stuff like that. She says; "And he sees that much of a shotgun coming up over the rim of the SUV which is up higher than his Jetta. All he sees are heavily tinted front windows that are up, back windows that are down and the car has at least four black men in it, and he doesn't know how old anybody is, he doesn't know anything, but he knows a shotgun when he sees one."

Obviously, this is his story being repeated by his lawyer. So this had to be coming from him.

Here's are my problems with that statement;

"All he sees are heavily tinted front windows that are up, back windows that are down and the car has at least four black men in it." This statement is also telling; "...over the rim of the SUV which is up higher than his Jetta."

From what she's saying it seems he's sitting in the front seat of his car talking to a kid in the back of the SUV who had a rolled down window. He would have been looking at an angle and back in order to do this. (If they were parked next to each other with the SUV's passenger door next to the Jetta's drivers side door. Which is how most people park, and in the video the SUV is parked straight with the front pointed to the curb.)

So how did he know there were "at least" four black men in it? If the front windows are heavily tinted. How can he see into the car on the passenger side window? If he can only see into the back of the cars open window then how did he know that there were "at least" four black men in the car?
She says; "he sees that much of a shotgun coming up over the rim of the SUV which is up higher than his Jetta" That seems to imply he was sitting in his car when the alleged gun was raised. However, it just doesn't make sense.

He must have gotten up and exited his car and approached the back window of the SUV. While having his gun. It seems to me that it's most likely that he could only know both back windows were open by seeing the window from one side to the other. He could only have known the race of the two front occupants (I believe there were four people in the SUV, maybe I'm wrong) If he was standing at the back window and could see into the car.

Then the statement; "the car has at least four black men in it," is totally unnecessary, unless you're paranoid of black people. JMO

The other question I have is when did his girlfriend come out and get into his car? What's her story?
His lady friend along with at least one person from the SUV were in the store at some that means he had exited his vehicle (most likely top pump fuel) and could most like have seen inside it at eye level at some point!

His lady friend along with at least one person from the SUV were in the store at some that means he had exited his vehicle (most likely top pump fuel) and could most like have seen inside it at eye level at some point!

Then why make the comment about the SUV being higher than the Jetta?

ETA: Where did you see he was pumping gas?

Then why make the comment about the SUV being higher than the Jetta?

ETA: Where did you see he was pumping gas?
I think that comment was made about what he precieved as a weapon rising above the rim of the window and It happened at a gas station!

I get the local Jacksonville news channels. I live in Southeast GA. Just like all the people claiming the 2 teenagers in Minn. were good kids just to find out no they are not, this could clearly turn being it happend in Jacksonville FL. At this point proclaiming one person a Victim and the other not is jumping to conclusions, the shooter just my be the victim here!

Because the teens were black, right?
If they weren't, then we could call them victims and not declare them violent thugs?

It happened at a gas station!

It was at a gas station/convenience store. If you look at the video the kids SUV isn't parked at the gas pumps. It's not unusual at all for people to go to gas station/convenience stores in order to just get something from the store. I think moreso if you're an out of towner. At least that's what I do while visiting my sister.

Because the teens were black, right?
If they weren't, then we could call them victims and not declare them violent thugs?
No, because we don't have enough information to make a statement who or who is not is the victim in this case!

Hey Mobey - first, please do argue with the Mods in the threads when they are laying out the rules for case discussion.

Second - this "could" turn into anything. Operative word is "could." We will need to wait for MSM and LE to give us the facts.

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members