GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I already don't like this defense attorney. He talks so fast and sounds so challenging. If I was in the jury I wouldn't like him harassing these innocent bystanders. He could ask these same questions in a friendlier tone.

I have yet to see a defense attorney in one of these trials that I like. Everybody deserves a vigorous defense, but unfortunately these guys have to act like :butthead: in order to do their jobs. I couldn't be a defense attorney unless I was positive the guy was innocent.

@RachelLeitao: Atkins was living in his car with his girlfriend 11/23/12. Went to Gate at Southside and Baymeadows so g/f could use bathroom.

Strolla focused much of his questioning on political influences and feelings about gun control. Jurors expressed a range of opinions from those who believed there should be no limits on gun control, to one who said she didn't believe guns should even exist. A male juror told Strolla that he chose not to own a gun because he has a son with schizophrenia. "I'd hate to have a Sandy Hook or an Aurora Colorado," he said.

Another said she supported guns insofar as "they are easier to clean up after than a machete" -- an answer that drew a huge laugh from the jury pool, and even bailiffs, but caused the parents of Jordan Davis to visibly wince. His mother, Lucia McBath, shook her head slightly and looked away.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story...02/05/jury-seated-michael-dunn-trial/5236223/

http://www.scribd.com/doc/205029253/Dunn-Juror-Profiles

I have yet to see a defense attorney in one of these trials that I like. Everybody deserves a vigorous defense, but unfortunately these guys have to act like :butthead: in order to do their jobs. I couldn't be a defense attorney unless I was positive the guy was innocent.

I liked Mark O'Mara.

"Dunn and Davis exchanged F-bombs back and forth.The defendant rolled down his window again and said, 'Are you talking to me?' And Davis said 'Yeah, I am.' The defendant said, 'You're not going to talk to me like that' while reaching in his glove box, and grabbed the gun and pulled the trigger three times," Guy said.

Strolla also raised the possibility that when the SUV backed out of the parking space and stopped more than 100 feet away before returning, the teenagers might have ditched a shotgun or other weapon that Dunn thought he saw through the window.

Strolla also noted that none of the teenagers in the vehicle called 911 until they returned to the front of the Gate station.

"Dunn had every right under the law to not be a victim, to be judged by 12, not carried by six," Strolla said.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/questi...usic/-/475880/24305178/-/79ua66z/-/index.html

More than 100 feet away?
Um, if I was going to ditch a weapon I'd probably want to do it a LOT more than 100 ft away...

@WJXTPulliam: Atkins saw SUV drive off while a man continued shooting. Man had white hair and was crouched down shooting in a police stance. #michaeldunn

Um, wow. Did he get out of his car to continue firing?

Vic Micolucci (WJXT) ‏@WJXTvic 1m
Witness Atkins wrote #MichaelDunn license tag number of paper bag at Gate. First fled (was absconded) then returned.

I will be glad when this witness is done. I feel like I am listening to charlie brown.

@RachelLeitao: .@strollalaw questioning Atkins about sentencing requests in exchange for testimony.

@WJXTPulliam: Atkins says he is testifying today to do the right thing. Saying he is not expecting any offers for his testimony. #michaeldunn trial

So much for that.

Vic Micolucci (WJXT) ‏@WJXTvic 48s
Strolla asking very simple questions of witness Atkins. Not getting much to go on #MichaelDunn

Anybody got a picture? I gotta see this guy.

I have a screen shot of him but the board isn't letting me add an attachment to my comment. Grrrrrrr.

This trial is moving along well. Not a lot of objections or salad bars. I'm not used to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member