GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else bouncing between live feed for this trial as well as Amanda Hayes trial?

Couple of items I am thinking about...
If DM could not hear out of his left ear and his window was up and Jason was behind/above him and music and bass were rattling windows, how did DM hear anything?
How could DM see the other kid in back seat from his window. DM's car is lower and DM was sitting in the front seat.
Finally, if DM was REALLY concerned and scared, why didn't he call police and at least alert them to the marauding black men with a gun shooting people? Wasn't he concerned at all about his fellow citizens?
Why? NO GUN! RACIST!
Floridians...lock up your seventeen year old male child...not safe!

I think Dunn said his right ear had hearing loss, so his left ear was more sensitive to noise. IIRC

I have been thinking a lot about this case and why Dunn felt compelled to shoot into the car. He said Jordan was "disrespectful" and the prosecutor and detectives called Jordan a "mouthy" teenager.

I have dealt with my own "mouthy" teenager" and she has had her cell phone, keys and door removed. Never once did I threaten to kill her. I have on occasion threatened my male German shepherd with going to the pound when he chewed a very expensive pair of shoes.

In the ER, I experienced my fair share of disrespectful patients of all races, mostly young males. I have been called all kinds of names, including "chalk faced *advertiser censored*". I have been spit on and had equipment thrown at me. Never once did I take an IV pole and whack them in the head or use the largest bore needle I could find. Typically, I just got quiet and simply asked them if they wanted my help or not. If it escalated, Security was called. Despite the threats, names and disrespect, I never once threatened anyone in return.

This is where I have a problem understanding Dunn's actions that night. He had a choice to de-escalate or simply not engage. Did he really feel threatened? To the point where he thought his life was in danger? Was he truly scared?

With complicated jury instructions, I wonder if Dunn will be convicted of lesser charges like manslaughter. I will be shocked if he is convicted of 1st degree. I think the jury may consider the actions of Jordan Davis and render a lesser verdict. He certainly deserves a higher conviction, but this is a Florida jury and I am not sure what they will do. Hopefully, Mr. Guy will deliver an excellent closing and show the jury why Dunn deserves 1st degree.

IMO, JMO, JMV

When I worked at the hospital I was amazed at what nurses had to put up with. There's an express lane to heaven for you guys! :angel: :hug:

What is going on now???

I see the judge reading things?

Going over Jury instructions and charges?

Thanks so much Steely. Hope you are feeling better today.

I'm coughing a lot less and only have two more pills to take from the Z pack. The problem now is my right eye has a type of infection I think. My sight keeps going cloudy in that eye and I've had to pick crust off of my eyelashes. My right eye looks like Bob Costas' except I don't have pink eye. It's clear the vast majority of the time and the reason it's bloodshot is because I have to keep rubbing it to clear it. :scared:

I have been thinking a lot about this case and why Dunn felt compelled to shoot into the car. He said Jordan was "disrespectful" and the prosecutor and detectives called Jordan a "mouthy" teenager.

I have dealt with my own "mouthy" teenager" and she has had her cell phone, keys and door removed. Never once did I threaten to kill her. I have on occasion threatened my male German shepherd with going to the pound when he chewed a very expensive pair of shoes.

In the ER, I experienced my fair share of disrespectful patients of all races, mostly young males. I have been called all kinds of names, including "chalk faced *advertiser censored*". I have been spit on and had equipment thrown at me. Never once did I take an IV pole and whack them in the head or use the largest bore needle I could find. Typically, I just got quiet and simply asked them if they wanted my help or not. If it escalated, Security was called. Despite the threats, names and disrespect, I never once threatened anyone in return.

This is where I have a problem understanding Dunn's actions that night. He had a choice to de-escalate or simply not engage. Did he really feel threatened? To the point where he thought his life was in danger? Was he truly scared?

With complicated jury instructions, I wonder if Dunn will be convicted of lesser charges like manslaughter. I will be shocked if he is convicted of 1st degree. I think the jury may consider the actions of Jordan Davis and render a lesser verdict. He certainly deserves a higher conviction, but this is a Florida jury and I am not sure what they will do. Hopefully, Mr. Guy will deliver an excellent closing and show the jury why Dunn deserves 1st degree.

IMO, JMO, JMV

This is exactly right, Zuri. I think everyone can think of similar instances in our own lives where we have done pretty much anything besides shoot someone. Dunn had a whole lot of alternatives. His choice to shoot was just crazy. Hopefully this is already in the juror's minds and they'll only need about 25 minutes to agree that this man needs to be punished. The courts don't need to encourage any more concealed-carrying hot heads in Florida—or anywhere else.

I'm coughing a lot less and only have two more pills to take from the Z pack. The problem now is my right eye has a type of infection I think. My sight keeps going cloudy in that eye and I've had to pick crust off of my eyelashes. My right eye looks like Bob Costas' except I don't have pink eye. It's clear the vast majority of the time and the reason it's bloodshot is because I have to keep rubbing it to clear it. :scared:

Z packs are the bomb~ I hope you are feeling better soon.

See if you can get some eye drops?!

That should help.

It is a crappy winter season. I am so over the same stinking sicknesses going around..

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 6m
To give you an idea of how meticulous the review of jury instructions is, Healey just removed a comma #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 7m
Healey is circling back now to justifiable use of deadly force in the jury instructions #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 8m
Judge Healey again asking #MichaelDunn if he's comfortable w/ proceedings, representation so far. He is. #DunnTrial

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 2m
Debate now on attempting to attempt murder- and whether that's too confusing #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Thanks everyone for your comments and the tweets. I can't watch the trial, but I do follow along with you here. Those in the path of this storm, stay safe! I'm in metro Atlanta and it's all ice out there.

:snowball: :coldout:

I was thinking earlier about the 4 charges. Even if the jury believes that Jordan threatened MD, that definitely cannot justify shooting at the other kids, right?

Can someone remind me of how long they have for closing statements? TIA!

Popsicle,
Sincere thanks for keeping us informed!

((((Popsicle)))))

Vic Micolucci (WJXT) ‏@WJXTvic 2m
RT “@x Judge opines how jury instructions, in general, need to be simplified for juries. #DunnTrial”

Anyone else concerned about the jury instructions? Much of the court's time has been spent complaining on the record about how bad the guidelines are and that they can't do their job...meantime they admit a layperson can't understand them...it is now time for closing arguments and they are still wrangling. The jury instructions were very problematic Arias trial and pretty much the reason why they are having to repeat the penalty phase.

The crust can be the first sign of pink eye, but considering you have an upper respiratory infection, that could be the cause since tear ducts are in very close proximity to sinuses.

I was thinking earlier about the 4 charges. Even if the jury believes that Jordan threatened MD, that definitely cannot justify shooting at the other kids, right?

Can someone remind me of how long they have for closing statements? TIA!

Might come down to depending on how the instructions are worded. Corey wants the charges to list the individual names followed by "or another person" It has/could be argued that he was shooting at Jordan and not the other kids... or another person. Hope that makes sense.

Anyone else concerned about the jury instructions? Much of the court's time has been spent complaining on the record about how bad the guidelines are and that they can't do their job...meantime they admit a layperson can't understand them...it is now time for closing arguments and they are still wrangling. The jury instructions were very problematic Arias trial and pretty much the reason why they are having to repeat the penalty phase.
I think this is a huge problem in Florida right now. You have laypeople who have not been exposed to legal language. The language isn't clear, and it wasn't written in a way to assist your typical juror's understanding. They can make of it whatever they choose, or they can throw their hands up and just find defendants not guilty, because the instructions were too befuddling.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 3m
Corey wants to make sure "deadly weapon" is defined so defense can't argue #JordanDavis hands, any possible stick be considered #DunnTrial

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 3m
Stand your ground will be in the jury instruction. Just like it was in Zimmerman. #dunntrial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denie67