GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhh jury CAN talk to media! Please talk to media, jury.

Someone break this down please. Are these the charges against the other 3?

Dunn was found guilty of the attempted murder of all surviving occupants of the SUV.

Jury deadlocked on the murder charge in the death of Jordan Davis.

A number of Florida attorneys have expressed the belief that State Attorney Angela Corey once again overcharged in the Michael Dunn case.

How maddening would it be if a mistrial on the top count is declared because one or two jurors held out for first degree murder as opposed to M2?

Having said this, I do think it is more likely the holdout is over at least one juror convinced that MD 'reasonably' believed that a shotgun was pointed at him.

Jury won't be able to talk to media because of the mistrial on count 1, correct?

No that is not correct, the judge declared a mistrial on count 1.

Once the jurors are released they can speak to whomever they want.

So they didn't find him guilty on any charge actually related to Jordan's murder? Nothing about 1st degree, 2nd degree, or manslaughter in regards to his death?

Right. There were several choices of degree of verdict there, and apparently they couldn't unanimously agree on all those options.

I absolutely love Judge Healey and his final instructions to the jury!! I am extremely bummed about the mistrial on count 1, but I am happy about the convictions of guilty on the other charges.

So they didn't find him guilty on any charge actually related to Jordan's murder? Nothing about 1st degree, 2nd degree, or manslaughter in regards to his death?

correct, so that is likely to be retried IMO and I am glad, another bite at the MURDER 1 apple.

but they could be split of self defense which they may have felt applied only to Jordan Davis so that he had no right to shoot wildly at the car containing the other three and since there was a significant time lapse between the initial and later shots. I sincerely hope not but it is possible that someone actually felt he was justified in killing Jordan Davis...

I truly don't understand this.

They found him guilty of attempting to murder those he never killed?

But they can't find him guilty of murdering the one he did kill?

'Night all! I have a birthday dinner to attend. Whew. So glad that Dunn will be locked up for a very long time.

A number of Florida attorneys have expressed the belief that State Attorney Angela Corey once again overcharged in the Michael Dunn case.

How maddening would it be if a mistrial on the top count is declared because one or two jurors held out for first degree murder as opposed to M2?

Having said this, I do think it is more likely the holdout is over at least one juror convinced that MD 'reasonably' believed that a shotgun was pointed at him.

I disagree. IMO it was over premeditation...

Hope we get an answer!

And this is what is going on so much here. She is overcharging and the defendants are walking!

Rachel Leitão ‏@RachelLeitao 1m
No visible reactions from courtroom when #MichaeDunn verdicts announced. #JordanDavis #DunnTrial

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 1m
Jury identities will remain confidential. Jurors will be allowed to speak with media if they wish #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

This will likely shake out to a group of jurors who would not find Dunn guilty of anything less than 1st degree, premeditated murder, and those who wouldn't go that far.

So relieved! :yesss:

I hope all his letters are admitted in the sentencing phase! March 24th.

This is a good thing. Really.. Now they can go back and redo First degree. Justice for Jordan WILL come.

He will never get out of prison.. No matter what happens on the next case.. But he needs to be found guilty of murder for Jordan.

That will be up to the state. Do you think that they will retry on the murder one or settle for Dunn being incarcerated until he is very old?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member