Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 6s
Strolla: unclear how Rhonda Rouer (#MichaelDunn's fiancée) testimony played in to this verdict #DunnTrial

I believe that the jury was hung not as to whether the shooting was self defense but were hung up as to murder 1 or 2 and as to premeditation. The laws on what constitutes premeditation and where exactly those lines are drawn as to whether something it is 1st or 2nd degree are confusing for may juries IMO and I think that is what happened in this case.

It's not that confusing to me and I'm just an average guy with a high school education that has been called for jury duty numerous times.

Should we "dumb" things down for juries so they can convict? I'm not sure that is the best solution. How about getting smarter jurors? MOO.

Which is just sad and a complete miscarriage of justice. Marissa Alexander, IMHO, was convicted of being black and having a gun, which is NOT a crime in this country.

If you've ever seen how the system treats white DV victims then you know that race alone doesn't explain Marissa's case (although I readily agree it may have been part of the equation). Our system needs to do better for these women in general regardless of what race they are.

What about the question from the jury earlier today when they asked if they could believe self-defense on one charge, but not on the others?
I really believe that some jurors believed self defense. (How they believed that, I will never understand)

I'm very pleased with the guilty verdicts on counts 2-5. Dunn will never be free to kill again.
I will be front and center on the retrial for 1st degree murder, and hope for justice in that count as well.

you raise a good point. Maybe I just cannot believe they could truly have reasonable doubt on self defense. Now I wish I had a handy link so I could hear/read the exact wording of that question again. This thread flew so fast though I am not interested enough to try to go back and dig it up.

Trial watching is emotionally exhausting.

ETA NM just found it on youtube

[video=youtube;CcxLd-ye5K0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcxLd-ye5K0[/video]

Dear Strolla, your 15 mins called, time to walk away from the podium.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 18s
Strolla: #MichaelDunn is in disbelief, thinking "how is this happening" #DunnTrial

Wha??

Was camera on Dunn at all when verdicts were read? Thanks.

Strolla: One basis for appeal is that if the jury found self defense on count 1, then they would HAVE to find self defense on the other 3 counts of attempted murder.

Did I hear that right?

What? That's nuts.

Foreperson was Juror 7 - Female, Asian, Married.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 58s
Strolla is done #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

you raise a good point. Maybe I just cannot believe they could truly have reasonable doubt on self defense. Now I wish I had a handy link so I could hear/read the exact wording of that question again. This thread flew so fast though I am not interested enough to try to go back and dig it up.

Trial watching is emotionally exhausting.

ETA NM just found it on youtube

Michael Dunn Trial - Jury Question #8 - YouTube
I posted it on this thread earlier, but here it is again: :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcxLd-ye5K0

My heart goes out to the Davis Family...to Lucy McBath and Ron Davis...and all of their friends and family. I thank God that Michael Dunn will have a long time to think about just how "right" he was to shoot an innocent kid (even one with a big mouth)

The only bright side to all this is that Michael Dunn destroyed his own life while trying to be a "big old white guy with a gun". He will never again have the kissy kissy life on the beach with his girlfriend and his dog...or fly another airplane into the clouds...or attend another wedding of any of his children. He took away so much from the Davis family, but he took away so much from his own. Though it will never equal out...it does make the bitter just a little easier. Even knowing that his family will see him on visits, they are such angry people hopped up on fear and Fox news, there will never be peace for any of them. Their life of hell is just beginning...the Davis family can move on and try to rejoice in the short years they had with their son. Michael Dunn will die a slow death, waking up every morning knowing that he has done this to himself.

And so it goes...

And it is good to know that Jordan Davis can never be hurt again. He is safe in spirit.

At least Mr Strolla is being quite respectful civil. I appreciate that. Seems to be rare after a guilty verdict for a defendant.
So far Mr. Strolla has showed class unlike the Casey Anthony defense team. I hope he remains respectful so I am not proven wrong. Do attorneys who represent the defendant have to believe they are innocent personally not just in a court of law?

I don't understand why the protestors are wanting Corey's resignation? Huh?

Strolla: One basis for appeal is that if the jury found self defense on count 1, then they would HAVE to find self defense on the other 3 counts of attempted murder.

Did I hear that right?

He needs to hush. His client stated that Jordan was the one who "threatened" him (IMO - nope, didn't happen). The other three young men did not. So, MD could only claim self defense against the person "threatening".

I would love to see him try to appeal with that nonsense. Plus, he doesn't know if the jury bought the self defense claim or not - nobody but them know what they were hung on.

The more I hear this question the more it sounds like someone WAS dug in about self defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobkat107