GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 44s
Corey: we always make changes, ask how could do better (for a re-trial) #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 21s
Corey: we will revisit "justifiable use of deadly force" instructions #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 7s
Corey: until we know why jury hung on murder charge, we won't know how to adjust. Hope to hear from them. #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

how appropriate that this posting from you was the first on the thread revealing the verdict.............i have followed along in the shadows and played catchup and YOUR posts are the ones i search for.....

thank you sooooooo much popsicle for keeping me up to date when my days were :scared:

you're the best :D

The motion to dismiss can be used if the defense feels that the defendant is being overcharged. Of course this requires the defense attorney to actually file the necessary paperwork and to make his case in a court of law, rather than repeatedly cry "overcharge" in the media.

Seems too logical to me. I mean if you file the motion to dismiss and it's denied, what are you going to cry about in the media to get the attention you're seeking?

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 1m
Corey: we assume at least some of the jurors were "convinced" of the First Degree Murder charge #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Glad they intend to retry on the murder 1 charge for Jordan Davis's death. I believe they should.

That is the exact charge and conviction that Marissa Alexander got.

Which is just sad and a complete miscarriage of justice. Marissa Alexander, IMHO, was convicted of being black and having a gun, which is NOT a crime in this country.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 30s
Corey again saying how complicated jury instructions were. They has to change them mid-trial #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 1m
Corey asked about quality of police investigation: "I can't imagine there was fault, at all" #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

how appropriate that this posting from you was the first on the thread revealing the verdict.............i have followed along in the shadows and played catchup and YOUR posts are the ones i search for.....

thank you sooooooo much popsicle for keeping me up to date when my days were :scared:

Thank you! So glad I was able to help keep you up to date on the trial.

Would LOVE to hear the new phone calls between Dunn and Daddy now!!

I suspect they are of the same cloth.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 19s
Q: why not seek death penalty? Corey: weighed the factors, they weren't there #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

I've never heard the term "turned to mistrial" before. What exactly does that mean?

If it goes to appeal, and the appeal judge finds that attorney's, The judge, or jury instructions were written wrong, it can be determined that the guilty charges would then be changed to a mistrial, and they would have to be retried.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 22s
Corey's press conference done. Defense Attorney Corey Strolla up soon #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Here's what Davis will be singing to Dunn for the rest of his sentence. I just hope Dunn hears it. :) Please love our black youth. Here at WS, you matter. R.I.P. sweetheart!

[video=youtube;JzKf18E1nsc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzKf18E1nsc[/video]

ETA, I am friends with Que. He has followed this case closely, just not here at WS.

Love and miss you more than you know...as do many.

Which is just sad and a complete miscarriage of justice. Marissa Alexander, IMHO, was convicted of being black and having a gun, which is NOT a crime in this country.

So if you are black and randomly shoot in someone direction it's not a bad as if you are white and shoot randomly in someone direction. Got It!

So do you think if we had only had M2 we would have had a verdict? I have to say I believe M1 but would have voted with M2 to prevent a hung jury. Is premeditation throughly defined in jury instructions?

they could have gone with m2 in my opinion...i think one wanted to believe the self defense and frankly i don't understand the verdict...

If it goes to appeal, and the appeal judge finds that attorney's, The judge, or jury instructions were written wrong, it can be determined that the guilty charges would then be changed to a mistrial, and they would have to be retried.

That sounds like an overturned conviction. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth