GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want it retried but even a hundred guilty verdicts for Murder 1 will never prove to the people you see saying Jordan deserved what he got otherwise. Those opinions are not based on evidence IMO and so will not change no matter what.

You are absolutely right. It won't shut people like that up, they'll continue to be hateful. But I do hope to see it proven in a court of law. I think it would mean so much to Jordan's loved ones, and to his supporters. Having that M1 verdict checked off as "guilty" will prove (in the court, anyway) that there was no reasonable doubt, that MD is a murderer, and that this young man did not threaten his life.

I hope I'm making sense. Emotions are a bit conflicted right now.

So do you think if we had only had M2 we would have had a verdict? I have to say I believe M1 but would have voted with M2 to prevent a hung jury. Is premeditation throughly defined in jury instructions?

I think M2 was a more fitting charge for what happened in this case, myself. I think MD acted with total disregard for human life when he shot his gun into that car and basically that is 2nd degree murder.

Salem

So do you think if we had only had M2 we would have had a verdict? I have to say I believe M1 but would have voted with M2 to prevent a hung jury. Is premeditation throughly defined in jury instructions?

I think if some thought self-defense they would not have come back with 2nd degree on the other charges. But I could be wrong. I would have been a M1 juror because he lied and that said a lot to me. jmo

Whoever held out for 1st degree should have just gone with 2nd degree because he is never getting out of prison.

The jury doesn't know the possible sentence nor are they allowed to consider it in their deliberations. IMHO, I don't think it's fair to fault someone for holding true to their beliefs especially when the matter is about a person's life (in the case of a 1st degree holdout that person's life is Jordan's).

It was about the music....for Dunn, Rap=Thugs. And he choice to confront. If they were playing the Beach Boys would he have reacted the same??

Umm what happened to Sunny H's comment that this was a jury question.. she doesn't know what she is talking about. Everyone was saying it was a verdict and she cuts in on CNN and says no, I am told this is a question. whatever

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 1m
Because jurors are declining to speak, we won't know for now how close decision on Murder charge in #DunnTrial was #MichaelDunn

I'm going by what the eye witness said MD yelled as he was grabbing his gun. Some like: "You're not talking to me that way...." Whole different meaning than "Are you talking to ME."

Bright side! Dunn will be spending Jordans BD in Jail. Jordon will be free once again. I think he is smiling down at us. 65 more years IS a life sentence, and the jury got that. :loveyou:

Yes and Jordan Davis is forever 17. Dunn will grow old behind bars and live his angry life behind bars Forever the MURDERER

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 2m
Expect to hear prosecutors asked whether there will be another trial for murder, if will be First Degree again #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

I think if some thought self-defense they would not have come back with 2nd degree on the other charges. But I could be wrong. I would have been a M1 juror because he lied and that said a lot to me. jmo
I believe M1 because I think MD had plenty of time for premeditation. I feel he thought I'm going to teach these thugs a lesson. It also appears that he has gotten away with a lot in the past. People who are never held accountable have this air about them that they can do as they please. I also wouldn't rule out the race issue especially after reading those letters.

JD Mother speaking to media. Very nice lady! I feel sorry for her.

Lucia McBath: I will pray for #MichaelDunn, but we are so grateful for the charges against him and the truth #DunnTrial

#JordanDavis' mother is now speaking: it's been a long, long road. We're happy to have a little bit of closure #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 23s
Ron Davis: I had to hold in my want to lash out. #JordanDavis was a good kid, even though that wasn't said a lot in trial #DunnTrial

#JordanDavis' father Ron Davis now speaking: we have stood strong #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

McBath: We will continue to wait for Justice for Jordan #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Ron Davis: I had to hold in my want to lash out. #JordanDavis was a good kid, even though that wasn't said a lot in trial #DunnTrial

:clap: Jordan's dad!

I missed mom, but :clap: for her too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads