GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 23s
Strolla: there are grounds for an appeal- some of the evidence, jury instructions, etc #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 56s
Strolla: we almost would have to" change venue for a retrial #DunnTrial

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 22s
Strolla: #MichaelDunn's family is "devastated" and they still feel bad there was no winners" #DunnTrial

I think many of us are not happy with the verdict (myself included). I'm just glad that the conversations on these threads have remained civil and respectful :grouphug:

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 20s
Strolla: I'd love to get in to the jurors minds to find out what was going on #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

So if you are black and randomly shoot in someone direction it's not a bad as if you are white and shoot randomly in someone direction. Got It!

The difference is that Marissa Alexander had a real reason to fear for her life or great bodily harm, the boyfriend admitted as much and the restraining order was further evidence of that. The boyfriend should thank his lucky stars because she had every right to shoot him and instead she took what I would call a reasonable step by firing a warning shot high into the wall where no one was in the trajectory of the bullet. Sadly, what I, and many people consider reasonable, is more of a crime than killing someone.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom now
Strolla: Healey could likely make the sentences consecutive (minimum 60yrs on attempted murder charges) #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

It seems as though the difference with the jurors was Murder 1 against Murder 2 because of the 2nd degree charges on the others. So it does not appear they ever thought he was not guilty. And now all that other stuff is out there. Hope they offer him a plea so they don't retry him. He'll never get out and if he did there is always a Federal case to be made. jmo
What about the question from the jury earlier today when they asked if they could believe self-defense on one charge, but not on the others?
I really believe that some jurors believed self defense. (How they believed that, I will never understand)

I'm very pleased with the guilty verdicts on counts 2-5. Dunn will never be free to kill again.
I will be front and center on the retrial for 1st degree murder, and hope for justice in that count as well.

I hope Cory Strolla takes the Dunn's to the cleaners...$100,000: peanuts!!

Happy early birthday to you Jordan!

:bdsong: :partyguy:

:cake4u:

I believe that the jury was hung not as to whether the shooting was self defense but were hung up as to murder 1 or 2 and as to premeditation. The laws on what constitutes premeditation and where exactly those lines are drawn as to whether something it is 1st or 2nd degree are confusing for may juries IMO and I think that is what happened in this case.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 31s
Strolla: #MichaelDunn will already get what amounts to a life sentence #DunnTrial

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 13s
Strolla: "I have no regrets, and at the same time I have all the regrets" re long delib leading to conviction #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom now
Strolla: I have no earthly clue what I could have done differently #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 4s
Strolla: those 30 hours (of deliberations) were probably the most stressful of my life #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 31s
Strolla: I have no earthly clue what I could have done differently #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

At least Mr Strolla is being quite respectful civil. I appreciate that. Seems to be rare after a guilty verdict for a defendant.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 18s
Strolla: #MichaelDunn is in disbelief, thinking "how is this happening" #DunnTrial

Wha??

My heart goes out to the Davis Family...to Lucy McBath and Ron Davis...and all of their friends and family. I thank God that Michael Dunn will have a long time to think about just how "right" he was to shoot an innocent kid (even one with a big mouth)

The only bright side to all this is that Michael Dunn destroyed his own life while trying to be a "big old white guy with a gun". He will never again have the kissy kissy life on the beach with his girlfriend and his dog...or fly another airplane into the clouds...or attend another wedding of any of his children. He took away so much from the Davis family, but he took away so much from his own. Though it will never equal out...it does make the bitter just a little easier. Even knowing that his family will see him on visits, they are such angry people hopped up on fear and Fox news, there will never be peace for any of them. Their life of hell is just beginning...the Davis family can move on and try to rejoice in the short years they had with their son. Michael Dunn will die a slow death, waking up every morning knowing that he has done this to himself.

And so it goes...

Oh puleaseeeeee MD is in disbelief!

:drama:

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 41s
Strolla: I told #MichaelDunn to stay strong and that I'm still with him in this fight #DunnTrial

As long as he pays in advance lol

Strolla: One basis for appeal is that if the jury found self defense on count 1, then they would HAVE to find self defense on the other 3 counts of attempted murder.

Did I hear that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member