GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol....O'Mara walking back now saying he was misinterpreted, now says prob guilty
See? I should have kept reading. Thanks! That's what I get for having a real life and things to do. Shame on me! :blushing:

Now, THAT makes more sense to me.

That's why I've said that maybe we should rethink how we seat juries. If a random sample of average citizens can't figure out the difference between what's reasonable and unreasonable, then something needs to change.

Professional juries? That's something I've thought about.

I agree. There are some pretty stupid people out there. That is a whole other subject. :)

I am quite surprised at how this jury asks questions that get such detailed explanations. i have never seen that before. Can it because it is about jury instructions and not trial evidence, statements, etc, that they get these questions answered in such detail? Seems I remember other juries being told "we can't tell you that, you need to read your instructions and make your own conclusions"

Another thing about the instructions to the jury that I thought we usually heard, and I did not hear in this case: Jurors have the right to disregard any or all of a witness's testimony if they believe any portion is deliberately untruthful. (my paraphrase) Was this said?

YAY! I knew we would get there eventually!!!

Here is what I see.

I think that it is guilty on the AM and the shooting in the car.

I also believe that they are not arguing not guilty on the First count. I think they are stuck on what level of murder it is.

I don't think this is not guilty.

I just don't. They can not be that stupid.

The bullets where Jordan was are STRAIGHT IN THE CAR AT JORDAN. IF his door was open it would not be. It would be angled.

THUD!

I agree with every word!!!!

February 15th folks! Mark this down!!!
We agree totally and completely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watching Cnn...

Don Lemon needs to calm down...
He is trying to get folks rowdy...
He has no idea what the jury is thinking...

Take a deep breath [modsnip]

I am not a Florida lawyer, but I have a problem with a judge telling jurors so specifically how to deliberate. No one is supposed to tell a jury that. This judge seems a bit odd to me.

The Allen charge he read from was approved by the Florida Supreme Court. How do other StaTes Allen Charges compare? I never have ever seen this. :seeya:

I don't understand why so many of you think the jury is debating only guilty vs not guilty on count 1. It's possible they ALL think he is guilty of murder, but just disagree as to the degree. 7 might think it was premeditated and 5 might think it was not. I think they all know he murdered Jordan Davis, but are unable to agree on the level of the murder. Does that make sense?

That's why I've said that maybe we should rethink how we seat juries. If a random sample of average citizens can't figure out the difference between what's reasonable and unreasonable, then something needs to change.

Professional juries? That's something I've thought about.

I think we should just remove Florida...

the problem seems to lie with the jury's interpretation of what is reasonable vs unreasonable. Lately a lot of juries IMO have seemed to feel fears I would consider ridiculous and NOT reasonable - reasonable. Therein lie the rub IMO.

If this jury comes back with not guilty or is unable to find Dunn guilty of murder it suggests to me that people in general feel it is reasonable to fear young black men with loud music and who curse at you when you confront them are to be feared and therefore, its okay to shoot at them. This scares the hell out of me.

I hope I don't come across as mean but really, the MD's of this world and laws allowing SYG and self defense are not an issue. The cases of legal gun owners standing trial for illegal self defense is rare. Especially compared to oh I don't know, criminals with any given weapon, including illegal firearms, attack, raping, and murdering thousands of unarmed innocent citizens every year.
I think the laws of FL that govern self defense and SYG are just fine. Of course the media is very much on the gun control agenda so they play up rare cases like this, but it's not common for legal gun owners to be cowboys and think "Hey I'll just shoot this dude cause of SYG". That's emotional blather and stats just don't back it up.
The vast majority of self defense is legit and charges never filed after an investigation, and most legal gun owners are responsible and not cowboys itching to shoot someone.

Watching Cnn...

Don Lemon needs to calm down...
He is trying to get folks rowdy...
He has no idea what the jury is thinking...

Take a deep breath [modsnip].

JMO, BBM I have no problem with him speaking his mind.
[modsnip]

The jurors had a question about the law. It's the judges job to answer those questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, the Judge's job is to tell them to get back in and deliberate, that they know the facts better than anyone, that much time and expense has gone into this trial, and they need to continue to deliberate and get to a verdict. Telling them to go around the room, state your weakest point, etc. is absolutely not anywhere in the law. The judge made that one up himself. And I'm saying it's improper.

LOL My computer just scared the carp out of me!! I have the window up for the wildabouttrial live feed and suddenly a feed with the local news from outside the court house. My sound is on explode so I think I jumped a foot!!

MmmmHmmm.
Was going to ask if there was a feed with JUST the court proceedings....anyone know?

YAY! I knew we would get there eventually!!!

Here is what I see.

I think that it is guilty on the AM and the shooting in the car.

I also believe that they are not arguing not guilty on the First count. I think they are stuck on what level of murder it is.
I don't think this is not guilty.

I just don't. They can not be that stupid.

The bullets where Jordan was are STRAIGHT IN THE CAR AT JORDAN. IF his door was open it would not be. It would be angled.

I will try very hard to start thinking like you are instead of the way I am thinking. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member