GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lay off Stornes. He was not on trial here. He was a victim and some of the posts here are going way beyond what is victim friendly. Knock it off. If you can't tie it into evidence presented at the trial, then it doesn't need to be posted.

Salem

She must have lead a very sheltered life, IMHO. I'd also like to know why there was not a single AA male. All the males were white, except for one listed as white/Hispanic.

I think because the defendant has more of a right to have jurors he wants. I think? Not sure of the exact legal stuff, but usually, in the cases I've watched, the jury is always more "like" the defendant than the victim.

MD has the worst wimpy, whiny, high pitched, nasal voice with overtones of dripping arrogance. It matches the pouty, turned downed mouth and the condescending look on his face.

I better give myself a slap, I'm not usually this critical. lol

I didn't "like" him the first time I ever saw his face. There is something about his face and expressions that is just so off-putting.

And it's not just because of what he did, because I don't get the same feeling about other defendants just from looking at their faces.

CBS reports that Ron Davis wants to be put on Michael Dunn's visitor list. He wants to try to see if he can make him understand what he did. My guess that MD will not have the courage to go face to face with the father of the boy he murdered.

Maybe he wants to tell him face-to-face that he forgives him, as kind of a healing thing for himself. So that he is able to move on. He seems like the kind of person who would do something like that. He doesn't want to live the rest of his life with hate in his heart, IMO.

You're right, MD is too much of a chicken.

Both Dunn and his son had some legal issues in the past, too, if I heard correctly on the jailhouse visit video. I'm not sure why TS would be considered a bad influence because people do make mistakes. Dunn for DUI and he would still drink and drive. We know he did drink at the wedding and drove afterwards even though he says he never does that.

Is it possible that Dunn mistakenly thought JD's door was opened when it was, in fact, Tommy's door that was opened. Or that the word "killer" which was in the rap song was being sung by TS as he entered the car (TS did say he was dancing before entering the car so was he singing, too). What MD might have heard was a car door open (by TS) and he assumed it was JD and he heard "killer" and assumed it was JD saying it. It is possible. We know by Dunn's own admission that he could not open his door because he was parked too close to the SUV but wants us to believe JD fully opened his door and got out. Is it also possible with the lighting at the Gate that what MD thought was a gun barrel was actually light bouncing off of JD's cell phone since cell phones are about 4 inches in length?

Could this have happened because MD was drinking and did not process what was actually happening and was only focused on the fact that JD was being disrespectful and panicked when he heard a door open? jmo

Good post.

This "stand your ground" seems to have many problems. Such as, the "threat" might not be reasonable at all, but the person perceiving the threat might be in an altered state of mind and so perceive a "reasonable threat." So then, is it Jordan's fault that MD was drunk and couldn't process the reality of the situation? But MD can say, I reasonably thought there was a threat to my life, even though it was likely he was in a state where he could not process reality.

It just seems to me like MD needed an excuse to get out of what he did. And there is only one way to get out of what he did. Say he felt fear for his life - self-defense. That is really the only way he could get out of what he did. And that's why he claims he saw a gun.

JMO.

I'd like to see the wedding bill and get the bartenders as witnesses.

Regardless, isn't it legal in Florida to carry "Under the Influence" for "self-defense"?
Therefore it would not be considered illegal to shoot while under the influence in fear for your life? If so, that law should be revised.

I wish the prosecution would of stressed more on the alcohol consumption prior to this negligent, avoidable incident.

bbm

THey didn't do this?? What was this prosecution doing?! :banghead::banghead:

From a USA Today article written by Lucia McBath, Jordan's mother on 2/20/14 as to why Jordan was in Jacksonville with his father:

The last Mother's Day card I received from Jordan was just after he moved to Jacksonville from our home in Atlanta. My breast cancer had returned, and I had sent Jordan to live with his father as I underwent treatment. In the card, Jordan wrote, "Thanks for being my number one cheerleader, my number one fan, and for never giving up on me. You believed in me when nobody else did. Even though I don't let you kiss me anymore, I love you and you have been the best mother."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...und-michael-dunn-jordan-davis-column/5655819/

From a USA Today article written by Lucia McBath, Jordan's mother on 2/20/14 as to why Jordan was in Jacksonville with his father:

The last Mother's Day card I received from Jordan was just after he moved to Jacksonville from our home in Atlanta. My breast cancer had returned, and I had sent Jordan to live with his father as I underwent treatment. In the card, Jordan wrote, "Thanks for being my number one cheerleader, my number one fan, and for never giving up on me. You believed in me when nobody else did. Even though I don't let you kiss me anymore, I love you and you have been the best mother."

Wow...that is the first time I have heard that...breast cancer returning...so I think we can assume the last years have been pretty tough on mother and son and the fact that Jordan may have been making some poor choices in friends etc. is totally understandable. None of this really makes a difference in terms of the guilt of MD. but to look at her Lucia looks so good...and now this battle...well as they say "life is just not fair" and these parents are getting way too much to deal with. Thank you for posting that information.

And, alot of teenagers commit theft and get caught and learn their lesson.

It has nothing to do with race, or having guns. He did not rob people at gunpoint, did he?

The only person who had a gun here, was Michael Dunn.

And as we know now from Dunn's neighbor, Dunn had a history of threatening violence and wielding his gun if he didn't get his way and was arrogant. An arrogant, entitled personality + a gun + alcohol do not mix. Unfortunately, the jury heard none of this.

Tommie Storns is nothing more than a scapegoat. That, and assumptions about who Jordan was.

I apologize if this link has been posted before. I don't think Tommy Stornes is a hardened, gun-toting type even though he is a "convicted criminal". He seemed genuinely remorseful for his first time offense, and you have to admit that he comes across as being very honest. Hopefully some jurors will share their opinions with the State prosecutors.

http://avenuesdeercreek.firstcoastnews.com/news/crime/18-year-old-arrested-stealing-6-cars/56665

18-year old Arrested for Stealing from 6 Cars
Submitted by Rachel Leitao, First Coast News Staff
Wednesday, July 13th, 2011, 9:38am
Topics: Crime
Share on printPrint Share on emailE-mail
18-year old Arrested for Stealing from 6 CarsTommie Stornes

Tommie Stornes Jr. was arrested Tuesday after witnesses reported seeing him load stolen goods into a vehicle and police found stolen property in his car.

Police were called to the Avistele Apartments on Creekfront Road where witnesses said they saw Stornes, 18, loading up a speaker box and two subwoofers into a Dodge Durango, according to a Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office report. They also saw him go into a vehicle and take a car battery.

Police located the Durango and arrested Stornes, who said someone told him how easy it was to get into cars, according to JSO. He told police he tried to get in 30 cars and was able to get into six.

He showed police where he had dumped the stolen property, the report said. Stornes also told police he had never done anything like this and was having a difficult time dealing with his father's death.

Police said he admitted it and apologized to the victims in a written statement, which said he would never do something like this again.

Other items police found included credit cards, an iPod, a backpack, a camera and several wallets.

At least he didn't kill anyone!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...und-michael-dunn-jordan-davis-column/5655819/

Oh, my goodness...

:tears:

He just went to hang out with friends, girl shop, have fun, be dumb. And just like that, he was dead.

I can't believe some people can't see how senseless this all is.

bbm

THey didn't do this?? What was this prosecution doing?! :banghead::banghead:

Prosecution only gets one chance at MD after his initial statement. They did bring out how many drinks MD had through RR, more than MD admitted to in his statement to LE initially. MD tried to downplay it by saying there was only a half shot in each drink, which is hard to believe because bartenders want those tips and the stronger the drink the better. If you ask them to put less in I'm sure a bartender would do that. Unless things have changed over the years I'd say MD had a shot in each of those drinks since the liquor was provided by the family. Not sure why a jury would not catch that considering MD took off and never called 911. However now that the State knows MD was claiming he had weak drinks they may want to call the bartender next time to testify. jmo

That just breaks my heart.

Bears repeating ((((Mare)))).( <<<<---- Pan says that is a 20 second hug ya know!) Let us at WS know of any other more specific ways to support your friends.

" People ask me what they can do to honor Jordan's memory. The answer is simple: They can join me and other moms who are calling on Florida and 25 other states to repeal "stand your ground" laws. There is a difference between feeling threatened and being in a life-threatening situation. That distinction should be clear under the law. In many states, it isn't."

Prosecution only gets one chance at MD after his initial statement. They did bring out how many drinks MD had through RR, more than MD admitted to in his statement to LE initially. MD tried to downplay it by saying there was only a half shot in each drink, which is hard to believe because bartenders want those tips and the stronger the drink the better. If you ask them to put less in I'm sure a bartender would do that. Unless things have changed over the years I'd say MD had a shot in each of those drinks since the liquor was provided by the family. Not sure why a jury would not catch that considering MD took off and never called 911. However now that the State knows MD was claiming he had weak drinks they may want to call the bartender next time to testify. jmo

BBM ~ I can picture him drinking doubles at the wedding or had his own on him and was adding it to the glass. :drink:​

He comes across as the type of person who does not have just "1" drink and 1/2 shots? :floorlaugh: You're right LambChop, who on this Mother Earth has 1/2 shots? And, correct, I also believe bartenders tend to free pour at these type of events.

Someone out there who has witnessed MD's reckless, arrogant behavior needs to come forward and speak.

Of course, jmo.

BBM ~ I can picture him drinking doubles at the wedding or had his own on him and was adding it to the glass. :drink:​

He comes across as the type of person who does not have just "1" drink and 1/2 shots? :floorlaugh: You're right LambChop, who on this Mother Earth has 1/2 shots? And, correct, I also believe bartenders tend to free pour at these type of events.

Someone out there who has witnessed MD's reckless, arrogant needs to come forward and speak.

Of course, jmo.

I just imagine this. He comes to the wedding of the son he almost never sees, he and his girlfriend drink way more than anyone else and leave early then stop at a gas station to buy more alcohol then go back to their hotel room after killing someone and drink EVEN MORE alcohol. What's going on here? I find it very hard to believe Dunn wasn't completely inebriated that night. They were partying it up. Jordan was just girl shopping with his buds. His system was clean. Let's keep our eyes on the prize, I think.

I just imagine this. He comes to the wedding of the son he almost never sees, he and his girlfriend drink way more than anyone else and leave early then stop at a gas station to buy more alcohol then go back to their hotel room after killing someone and drink EVEN MORE alcohol. What's going on here? I find it very hard to believe Dunn wasn't completely inebriated that night. They were partying it up. Jordan was just girl shopping with his buds. His system was clean. Let's keep our eyes on the prize, I think.

Yes, the girlfriend needs to speak up and quit standing up for him. :banghead:

She knew exactly what happened pre and post shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
youngluteplayer