FL FL - Justin Walker & Brian McCluney, overdue fishermen on boat, Port Canaveral, 16 Aug 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And some reports say wife of Brian says he's
been towed in by Coast guard before due to
ongoing mechanical problems the boat has had.
It's not unusual that guys push the limits of
these boats, I've heard of locals who go all
the way to the Bahamas in boats similar to this.
For some boats, it doesn't take much in rough weather to upset these boats and flip them over. We see them stranded upside down in
sand near the beach many times. For guys who've grown up near the ocean/beach here in
Florida, they don't have any fear of the water.
A boat would reach the Bahamas from Port of Palm Beach but not from Port Canaveral.Would not have enough fuel for a boat of this size.
The only way I could see that happening is if they hugged the coast to Port of Palm Beach, stopping to Fuel.

Last edited:
I have the awful feeling that today may be the
last day of the search. Hope I'm wrong.

the coast Guard guy said they haven't had any
reliable items from the boat since 2 days ago when the tackle bag was found. So they're not
considering the styrofoam cooler top to be from
the victims' boat.
He also said they've had several spotted debris
fields reported but they've been checked out.

my gut is saying they capsized and not much has floated to surface yet. Ugh, I hate saying that.

I have the awful feeling that today may be the
last day of the search. Hope I'm wrong.

the coast Guard guy said they haven't had any
reliable items from the boat since 2 days ago when the tackle bag was found. So they're not
considering the styrofoam cooler top to be from
the victims' boat.
He also said they've had several spotted debris
fields reported but they've been checked out.

my gut is saying they capsized and not much has floated to surface yet. Ugh, I hate saying that.

Coast Guard to re-evaluate Wednesday evening if search will continue for two missing firemen

The U.S. Coast Guard said that they'll decide Wednesday evening if the search for two missing boaters will continue.

The next news briefing on the search is scheduled for 5 p.m. Wednesday.

My husband mostly fishes alone in a 21 ft. Sea Hunt bay boat. He carries a Verizon phone and a cheater phone on AT&T, a Spot (satellite service) and a marine radio. My greatest fear is that he hits a submerged log.

For those who fish in open waters, what kind of mechanical problems could cause a boat to sink?

My husband mostly fishes alone in a 21 ft. Sea Hunt bay boat. He carries a Verizon phone and a cheater phone on AT&T, a Spot (satellite service) and a marine radio. My greatest fear is that he hits a submerged log.

For those who fish in open waters, what kind of mechanical problems could cause a boat to sink?
I believe it wouldn’t be the mechanical problems that caused it to sink specifically, rather the fact the boat would be without the ability to maneuver against waves, as in steer into any that night hit it from the side and turn it over. Also how to keep from drifting in the currents. As in Gulf Stream.

AUG 21, 2019
Rescue teams battle against time, Gulf Stream in search for overdue firefighters who left Port Canaveral Friday
Rescue workers searching for two missing firefighters lost at sea said they are in a battle against the formidable Gulf Stream and weather as they push north to find the pair.

[…]

"The drift ... the Gulf Stream is working against us," he said, adding that the water beneath some of the search fields is moving further to the north and expanding outward.

[…]

So far, only a tackle bag from the pair's boat has been recovered, located in St. Augustine.

People lost at sea typically deal with a number of factors, from the blazing sun to whether there is adequate drinking water. Both men have been described by family as being resourceful.

The FBI was also offering assistance along with various local agencies, including Brevard County Sheriff's Office.

[…]

'In a race against time': Massive search for missing boaters stretches from Florida to S.C.
[...]

Vlaun said the search is becoming "spectacularly large and complex."

Jacksonville Fire Rescue Chief Keith Powers said more than 100 people in 40 boats were out surveying 5,000 square miles of ocean in search of the men Wednesday.

Family members and first responders gathered in Jacksonville for a private vigil for the boaters on Tuesday.

[…]

AUG 21, 2019
Time an enemy as search for missing firefighters moves further north
[…]

The Coast Guard said it will reevaluate its search efforts Thursday morning, but admitted that time is really becoming an enemy.

The search is expected to move as far north as North Carolina.

If you would like to donate to the search effort, you can do so by going to JFRD.com.

Search for firefighters missing at sea reaches as far north as Cape Hatteras - OBX Today
The U.S. Coast Guard, partner agencies and volunteers have searched as far north as Cape Hatteras for two firefighters missing at sea since Friday, but the scope of the effort is becoming “untenable,” officials said Wednesday evening.

[…]

A life ring found Wednesday turned out not to belong to either of the missing men, and a call about people on a life raft near the Georgia coast was an unrelated rescue call, the Coast Guard said.

Search efforts on Wednesday were focusing on Georgia and the Carolinas, with a Coast Guard search plane traveling as far north as Cape Hatteras, Weimers said.

[...]

“We’re rapidly reaching a size of a search grid that becomes untenable,” Weimers said. “It’s after our first light search tomorrow that we’ll have our next set of conversations about what the future may look like.”

Boats are leaving this evening out of Savannah and Charleston to continue the search through the night, The Coast Guard said.

[…]

USCGSoutheast on Twitter
#UPDATE 16: @USCG and partner agency crews continue to search for the overdue @PortCanaveral boaters. A #USCG HC-130 search plane, 2 Coast Guard cutters and 3 @CBP aircraft are actively searching. Crews have searched 90,286 sq. miles since Friday. #HappeningNow
ECg9XlkXkAgOQqe.jpg

3:03 PM - 21 Aug 2019

USCGSoutheast on Twitter
#UPDATE 17: @USCG crews will be searching through the night for the overdue @PortCanaveral boaters. The search has covered 90,306 sq miles with an est 249 hrs of active searches. Image shows today’s searches.
ECiIj1sWwAEP5cU.png

8:31 PM - 21 Aug 2019

Update on missing Florida boaters search.

I have been waiting to say what I think happened because there have been so many people still positive about outcome.I imagine the boats motor failed and they were not able to steer into the waves and rolled over.
I doubt they had life jackets on and could have drowned quickly in high winds/waves. If they did have jackets or was able to hang on to debris, hypothermia would overtake them eventually even in warm waters.This kind of tragedy has played out on Florida's coast over and over with boaters ill prepared or running into bad weather.
Bless their families and Bless those who searched.

Courtney Cole on Twitter
#RIGHTNOW We’re at Mayport Marina. You can see the @JFRDJAX Command Center set-up. On @ActionNewsJax At 6, we’re expecting to learn the latest details on search efforts & how they plan to move forward. #RIGHTNOW we have #teamcoverage w/the latest details on CBS47/FOX30 at 5:
EChbUovXoAAFV4-.jpg

EChbUouWsAAuO2F.jpg

4:59 PM - 21 Aug 2019

Courtney Cole on Twitter (Video)
#RIGHTNOW volunteers who assisted with the search are making their way back to Mayport Marina. I spoke to one man who came up from Ocala this morning. He showed us his grid and explained they covered a lot of ground ...determined to help bring Brian & Justin home...@ActionNewsJax
7:05 PM - 21 Aug 2019

Courtney Cole on Twitter
I asked Ken Moncrief, one of the volunteers, why he came out today to help with the search. This is what the Navy Veteran told me: “I saw your full story yesterday...and it just kind of touched my heart yesterday.” This is why I do what I do. Warmed my heart. @ActionNewsJax
ECiBPoPXYAEUe4a.jpg

7:45 PM - 21 Aug 2019

Courtney Cole on Twitter (Video)
Steve Maynard, a Captain with the @AlachuaSheriff ‘s Office told me he drove 3 1/2 hours to be here and be able to help search for Brian & Justin. He told me today was pretty somber, but wanted to do this for “his brothers.” @ActionNewsJax
7:52 PM - 21 Aug 2019

MyJFRD on Twitter
Our help and needs has moved north...boats capable of 60 mile runs needed to depart from Savannah and Charleston tomorrow ....call Chief Barrow at 7 am tomorrow morning 904-813-5315 with boat size, capabilities, name, and he will give you instructions #bringthemhome #ourbrothers
8:55 PM - 21 Aug 2019

MyJFRD on Twitter
JFRD Chaplin stopped by the command center today to check on the crews and to pray for the safe return of our brothers... #BringThemHome #teamwork #jfrd @USCGSoutheast @ffxfirerescue
ECi9YCsX4AAv5Z4.jpg

12:08 AM - 22 Aug 2019

Mark Lehman on Twitter
After another day of disappointment, today could be the day a difficult decision is made about the search for missing firefighters Brian McCluney and Justin Walker. We’re live in Titusville where Walker’s wife will begin another search of her own.
ECkNXUrXUAESndq.jpg

5:57 AM - 22 Aug 2019

Jennifer Ready on Twitter
The weather conditions stay favorable as the search continues for the 2 missing firefighters
6:10 AM - 22 Aug 2019

Phil Amato on Twitter
It’s Day 7 of the search for the missing firefighters. Rescuers are moving north to cover areas off the coast of Savannah and Charleston.
6:11 AM - 22 Aug 2019

First Coast News on Twitter
Whoever finds missing firefighters Brian McCluney and Justin Walker will be rewarded $30,000 thanks to three separate offers made by three Florida businesses.
6:14 AM - 22 Aug 2019

Kailey Tracy on Twitter
Sunrise above marina at @CHSHarborResort Thursday. Search crews are shifting north looking for missing boaters, @JFRDJAX firefighter Brian McCluney and Fairfax, VA firefighter Justin Walker. More from volunteers heading out from Charleston to search later today. @TheVaPFF
ECkSu4FWwAIhMgN.jpg

6:20 AM - 22 Aug 2019

Robert Bradfield on Twitter
We are live in Savannah and Charleston this morning as hundreds of volunteers and the ⁦@USCGSoutheast⁩ continue the search for missing boaters/firefighters Brian McCluney and Justin Walker. ⁦@KaileyTracy⁩ ⁦@FCN2go#BringThemHome
ECkKVuxW4AAc2DO.jpg

6:44 AM - 22 Aug 2019

Mark Lehman on Twitter
HAPPENING NOW: Capt. Joe Hurston is prepping another search flight for the two firefighters, missing since Friday. Natasha Walker will be on board again in an effort to find her husband. https://www.clickorlando.com/news/life-vest-found-but-it-didnt-belong-to-missing-boaters …
ECkbvgUWsAE8sCY.jpg

7:00 AM - 22 Aug 2019

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member