Found Alive FL - Kamiyah Mobley, newborn, Jacksonville, 10 July 1998 *guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
'I am your mother': Devastated biological mom of baby stolen at birth and raised by her kidnapper says she wants abductor to face the death penalty and confronts her daughter, now 19, in court for SUPPORTING her 'fake mom'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rth-screams-daughter-court.html#ixzz5EX0wNPAB

Yeah that isn't going to help the relationship with her daughter....

She is losing her daughter the 2nd time :-(

Yeah that isn't going to help the relationship with her daughter....

But it's understandable. Shanara went through hell and back continuously for 18 years. Kamiyah/Alexis asks for leniency because "it's not like she tortured me", but Gloria Williams did torture Shanara. Shanara did not know if her baby was alive or not, happy or not, being well taken care of or abused... and she wondered every day until the day K/A was found. Agonizing.

Shanara's relationship with her daughter, the most basic, fundamental parental right, was stolen from her by Gloria. Not by her emotional outburst in court. (MsF, I know that's not what you meant, please don't feel offended, it's not directed at what you said, but inspired by it).

My heart aches and breaks for K/A who (also) did nothing to deserve this, and grew up thinking in good faith that Gloria was her mom. I understand those feelings will not just disappear. But I am not in favor of leniency. Baby Kamiyah wasn't the only victim of this crime.

My son wants a little brother. There's no way that that will physically happen although I would love to. That doesn't mean I can just go steal someone else's child... that's not how it works. It wasn't the dark ages in 1998, Gloria had the option to foster or adopt. Instead she stole someone else's child. That's some twisted thinking right there... and I'm of the opinion she needs to seriously pay for what she did. I am concerned about K/A's mental health but hopefully Gloria goes away for a long, long time.

I don't disagree. I just believe that by making that type of statement in court, she's not helping her chances of a relationship with her daughter. The father is able to have a good relationship with her... I was hoping the mother could too. However, she would have to accept that her daughter will always have two mothers. Like The Face on the Milk Carton, but real life.

0 - 22 years jail on the table. What does everyone think she should get / will get?

I remember when Kamiyah was taken and it was just horrifying. I was pregnant at the time.

Gloria Williams took more than just their baby, she took away their joy, love & tears.
She took Kamiyah's first words, her first steps, her first potty experience, her first holidays, her first day of school, her elementary and HS graduations, she took away the parents comforting their child when she is scared of the dark, nursing her booboos and kissing her scrapes and cuts.
19 birthdays, and I can go on. . .

I think she should get 19 years for the kidnapping of Kamiyah and life for what she took from Craig and Shanara. JMO

Despite support from child she kidnapped in 1998, raised in SC, woman sentenced

Mobley has been reconnecting with her birth parents, Shanara Mobley and Craig Aiken, but has professed sadness that the only mother she ever knew faces years in a prison cell.

Mobley showed up in tears at Williams' first hearing. She has spent time with her biological parents since then, but still supports the only mother she knew.

According to news reports, Mobley did not attend Friday's sentencing hearing.

bbm

How much time does everyone think she will serve?

In Florida inmates are required to serve 85% of the sentence.

For crimes committed on or after October 1, 1995, inmates are required to serve 85% of each sentence imposed.

Aho said Williams will receive credit for the 511 days she has been held in jail since her arrest and that the sentence would be served concurrently, so her total time in prison would just under 17 years.

I'd wondered where Kamiyah was during sentencing.

'I am your mother': Case of newborn stolen from Florida hospital comes to climactic end

In the end, she stayed home in the little white house in Walterboro, where Gloria Williams raised her.

Home, where Kamiyah Mobley wouldn't see the joyful smiles of her biological parents when a judge sentenced Gloria. Or the stately tears of Gloria's family.

Home, where Gloria's essence remains, even though she won't come back for 18 years, unless she gets out early for good behavior, which Kamiyah figures she will given the kidnapping appeared so wholly out of character for the mother she knew.

ETA: This part of the story brings back the anguish of the young mother.

Wailing and cussing, Shanara flung herself onto the hard floor and crawled across the room. Velma tried to calm her, but the teenager writhed to the hallway and grabbed the handrails, trying to pull herself up, screaming.

Sorry if the video clips have already been posted.

Woman Who Kidnapped Kamiyah Mobley Receives 18 Year Sentence
Earlier this year, Kamiyah Mobley appeared on OWN’s Iyanla Fix My Life. The teen revisited her past but became agitated with Iyanla Vanzant’s methods of healing. Mobley and Vanzant’s interactions became heated throughout the process, specifically when the latter told Mobley she would be spending the night without any contact with her family or friends.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back