Found Deceased FL - Kelly Glover, 37, visiting from Utah, Ft Lauderdale, 9 Jan 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This one puzzles me. Brings to mind those who have been found tucked away behind industrial freezers etc. because if there is no footage of her leaving...but then why would LE be investing so much time in searching elsewhere (divers in the swamp, etc)?

Huh.

Seems like LE is focusing on the swamp because it covers most of the perimeter of the hotel. Since she was last seen heading towards a stairwell near an exit, guessing LE believes she did in fact leave and that stairwell is near the swampland.

Keep in mind too the quote about no evidence she left the hotel came from her cousin. He’s neither a LE member nor really qualified to make that determination. It’s just his opinion, like all of us.

Based on what we know so far, it does seem like her disappearance wasn’t force. Whether it’s sleepwalking or something else I have no idea. Way too early to tell but there’s nothing released so far to suggest foul play. Normally when LE thinks that, the quotes we get are much different.

Either way a scary scenario. My wife and I are nearly the same age as KG and both of us travel periodically for work. We’ve both freaked the other one out before by not returning texts or calls in a certain amount of time. Thankfully both times (once each), it turned out to be an innocent thing where phones were on silent, didn’t notice the message, etc. but even for that short period you feel totally helpless being thousands of miles away. Don’t want to imagine what her husband feels. :(

I think the idea of going to an ice machine on another floor is good.
I often take stairs vs the elavator in the thought of I would not want to risk getting stuck in the elavator if the distance is just several floors/flights. I may hesitate alone, at night.
I cannot imagine a female wearing only socks in a public stairwell or outside. The carpeted hallway maybe, but apparently, that is where she did head. Perhaps the ladies had some drinks or were slipped something at dinner.
I pray for a good outcome, but time is passing.
MOO

A red flag to me is the fact that the roommate said the door was ajar. No woman would leave another woman, sleeping and vulnerable in the middle of the night, and not close the door behind her! No way. Good Lord...anyone could have walked right in that room. I know even if I was just going down the hall, I would pull the door closed if someone was sleeping inside the room!

I find this very odd as well. Not just that I'd never leave a sleeping roomie with an open door, but also - I travel most of the year for work. It's VERY difficult to leave a hotel door "slightly open" - they're heavy and deliberately designed to almost slam behind you. The only way I know how to leave a door slightly open is to open the hatch on the catch lock thing you can only operate from inside the room and make that what prevents the door from closing. I can see doing that quietly enough not to wake the roomie, but I can't see leaving a Westin door "slightly open" without something blocking it from closing.

Either way a scary scenario. My wife and I are nearly the same age as KG and both of us travel periodically for work. We’ve both freaked the other one out before by not returning texts or calls in a certain amount of time. Thankfully both times (once each), it turned out to be an innocent thing where phones were on silent, didn’t notice the message, etc. but even for that short period you feel totally helpless being thousands of miles away. Don’t want to imagine what her husband feels. :(

Exactly what I was thinking - I'm guilty of that too. Poor man.

Definitely smells like Ambien or some other mild psychedelic she didn't regularly use and my first line of reasoning would be that perhaps the room mate shared a prescribed sleep aid and would probably be reluctant to volunteer that information.

By "ajar" do they mean standing open as an absent minded individual would do or do they mean she tucked the bolt into the door just to keep it from locking behind her because she intended to be right back? Small difference that means a lot.

I don't think the possibility is very high that she intended to meet up with someone though. Another unfortunate case of someone wandering off near a body of water. I already wasn't fond of large water bodies but websleuths is enough to make a person positively averse

One question I have is: are there cameras outside that exit door that WOULD have picked her up had she left? Or are there just no cameras outside that door, so therefore, they can't say for certain she actually left?

If it's the former, then I would be concerned about her going to another floor for ice or something (although, was she carrying an ice bucket with her??) and being intercepted by someone who harmed her. However, if it's the latter and there is no camera outside that door, then IMO, she left the hotel.

I also have questions like some of you about what it means the door was ajar. In big chain hotels like Westin, the doors pretty much always close automatically on you unless you put the flip lock in to keep it open.

I feel like this might be a sleeping aid situation, too. Maybe she never took one but the roommate/friend offered her one to be able to sleep in the hotel (some people don't sleep well not in their own bed). Or maybe she mentioned trouble sleeping in hotels to a co-worker at work before leaving on this trip and they gave her one and it wasn't something she mentioned to her husband.

Most hotel rooms close automatically with a loud “clang” - difficult to leave open.
I’m thinking she went to get ice/soda/snack and instead of looking for the room key (maybe no pockets in pajamas) decided to pull the door latch across the door so she could get back in. I have done that before if I’m only going down the hallway but never if I leave the floor I’m on.

She was staying with a friend in a hotel? Is this a co-worker friend?

Wouldn’t her job pay for a hotel room if she was out of town working?

I’ve stayed with a friend at their home while traveling with work and have shared a room with coworkers but it was under emergency (hurricane) situations.

I am also in agreement that it appears so far that it was not a situation where she was forced from the room. What does concern me, other than the water behind the hotel, it that the hotel sits on Corporate Drive which is right there at the ramp way of Cypress Creek Road and I95 (I live in within 1/2 hour of hotel and worked in an office building right near the hotel). IF she were to have been in some kind of sleepwalk state and wondered towards the ramp of Cypress Creek and I95, that a vehicle may have picked her up. I pray that is not the case and she is found soon.

Most hotel rooms close automatically with a loud “clang” - difficult to leave open.
I’m thinking she went to get ice/soda/snack and instead of looking for the room key (maybe no pockets in pajamas) decided to pull the door latch across the door so she could get back in. I have done that before if I’m only going down the hallway but never if I leave the floor I’m on.

Wouldn’t her job pay for a hotel room if she was out of town working?

I’ve stayed with a friend at their home while traveling with work and have shared a room with coworkers but it was under emergency (hurricane) situations.

I wondered some of the same on room sharing.
Is it common that a company asks coworkers to share a room?
My first thought, like several have already expressed, is that KG took a sleep aide.

JMO

According to the husband, yes.

Maybe I've just locked myself out too much, but I never leave my room without my phone at least - but I try to leave with phone and ID in case I need a new key. I'm curious about her key as well. Her leaving with a bottle of water makes me think she wasn't leaving for a beverage, and with no visible money - odd. Especially at 2 AM.

Westin is a nicer brand of hotels, I think it is quite possible they would have a camera on that exit.

I have stated in many hotels and agree with the latch or placing something heavy at the floor to keep the door ajar. That also makes the door very visibly cracked open to anyone passing. I really cannot imagine this woman placing the friend in that position under a normal circumstance for anything other than being down the hall quickly.

I think it is possible a friend traveled with her or met her from another area in Florida.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back