GUILTY FL - Kristina French, 53, Neptune Beach, 21 Nov 2017 *Minor Grandson Arrested* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Mott's defense attorney Charlie Cofer pushes back on any threat of teens in the Communist chat rooms as posturing, asking Det. Chandler if he ever felt the need to notify Homeland Security. "Nothing to it." Cofer argues."
@FCN2go" I don't under stand why this isn't a threat when they were telling someone how to cover up a murder and dispose of a body.

WATCH LIVE | Graphic testimony heard during sentencing phase for teen who confessed to murdering grandmother
WATCH LIVE | Graphic testimony heard during sentencing phase for teen who confessed to murdering grandmother

Dad Lt. Eric Mott
anne schindler‏ @schindy 1h1 hour ago
Logan Mott's dad Lt. Eric Mott testifying now @FCN2go

"My mom was just nice to everyone all," Eric Mott testifies about his mother, Kristina French. "She looked for the positive even if it was hard to find. She was just kind." @FCN2go

anne schindler‏ @schindy 3m3 minutes ago
Logan Mott's dad testifies about his toxic relationship with Logan's mom, which included 911 calls for domestic violence allegations, and multiple child neglect investigations, some stemming from health problems that attended Logan's diabetes. @FCN2go

anne schindler‏ @schindy 55s55 seconds ago
"It was a completely normal healthy grandson/grandmother relationship" Logan Mott's father testifies about Logan and Kristina French @FCN2go

Logan Mott's therapist

Therapist says she never discussed Logan Mott's grandmother with him during counseling sessions. @FCN2go
  1. anne schindler‏ @schindy 1h1 hour ago
    Therapist says despite his problems, Logan Mott "was very very very bright. ...he was caring and kind, he had good moral values." Never saw any signs of violence @FCN2go
  2. anne schindler‏ @schindy 1h1 hour ago
    A month before the murder, Logan Mott's therapist saw him for the last time. He "shut down and wouldn’t speak. He refused to engage at all. Would not speak. It alarmed me. I was concerned about his anger … about his mood at home." @FCN2go
  3. anne schindler‏ @schindy 2h2 hours ago
    She says Mott had problems with lying and drinking. He pretended he was a German exchange student. @FCN2go
  4. anne schindler‏ @schindy 2h2 hours ago
    Beenen testifies she counseled Mott's dad about "very harsh" discipline including spanking the then 13-year-old, and giving "all of his possessions away to Goodwill including his Xbox and all of this games." @FCN2go
  5. anne schindler‏ @schindy 2h2 hours ago
    Now hearing from adolescent psychologist Selina Beenen. She began counseling Logan Mott in 2015 following a DCF investigation of Mott's father. She saw him 11 times. @FCN2go

Thursday, October 17th:
*Sentencing Hearing Continues (Day 2) (@ 10:30am ET) – FL – Kristina June French (53) (Nov. 21, 2017, Neptune Beach) – *Logan Tyler Mott (15/now 17) – arrested (12/6/17), arraigned (12/18/17) & charged (3/27/18) “as an adult” with 2nd degree murder (of his grandmother) & grand theft auto. Plead not guilty. No bond.
Trial was set to begin 8/12/19-cancelled-now set to begin with jury selection on 10/7/19-cancelled after he plead guilty.
Court information from 8/16/18 thru 9/12/19 reference post #54 here:
GUILTY - FL - Kristina French, 53, Neptune Beach, 21 Nov 2017 *Minor Grandson Arrested* #2

9/18/19 Update: Mott plead guilty to 2nd degree murder. In exchange for his guilty plea, prosecutors have dropped the grand theft auto charge. Prosecutors and Mott’s defense attorneys came to an agreement that the court could give a sentence lower than the mandatory minimum of 25 years. The judge will now be allowed to impose a sentence anywhere between 15 and 40 years. Status hearing on 10/10 & sentencing on 10/16 thru 10/18/19.
10/16/19 Update: Witnesses: JSO Homicide Detective Neil Chandler (lead homicide detective). Lt. Eric Mott (Logan's father). Adolescent psychologist Selina Beenen (Logan's therapist). As part of his plea, prosecutors and defense lawyers agreed to ask Circuit Judge Bruce Anderson for a prison sentence in the range of 15 to 40 years. Mott’s defense attorney also wants Mott to be able to continue to serve his sentence in juvenile jail before he has to move to adult prison. The judge will hear both sides present arguments about how long Mott should serve on Wednesday. The hearing is expected to run through Friday, with a final state witness scheduled to appear Monday. The judge will pronounce the sentence at a later date. Sentencing hearing continues on 10/17.

Thought I'd post these tweets - to save time for SeesSeas! :)

anne schindler
‏ @schindy
16h16 hours ago

We are back in court for day 2 of Logan Mott's sentencing hearing. Up today is a psychologist who spent many hours evaluating the teen. She will testify on his behalf and may be today's only witness. His mom is scheduled to appear Friday. @FCN2go

Therapist testifying on behalf of Logan Mott, Marty Beyer, also consulted in the Cristian Fernandez case

He lived in a battleground" Marty Beyer testifies about Logan Mott's childhood amid his parent's bitter marriage and divorce. Logan seems to be paying attention to this testimony, which is a departure from the past several witnesses.

Judge Bruce Anderson interjects a question, wondering if Logan's diabetes (and management) impacted his already adolescent/primitive brain -- specifically his brain being dominated by the amygdala

Dr. Beyer says Logan Mott "ended up being much more depressed than his family was aware of ...it was chronic and worsening as he experienced the feeling of rejection by his father and then public humiliation by his first love ... he turned to alcohol"

Logan Mott text to father July 2017 "You're right I'm a jerk. I really don’t care about a lot anymore & I haven’t for some time. No one can fix me if I'm part of the problem...I have more bad qualities than good ones & that is what really makes me feel like crap."

"Nothing... suggests sociopathy or a lack of concern for social values or moral right and wrong," Dr. Beyer says of her evaluation of Logan Mott. "In the moment a teenager may be unable to do the right thing."

"He told me what happened and his face lost all of its color and he began sobbing," Dr. Beyer testifies. "He described being in shock that was the word that he used. He thought it was a nightmare and he couldn't register what had just happened and that it was so awful"

"Burying her was the right thing to do," Dr. Beyer recalls Logan Mott telling her. He burned sage and removed her clothes because "it would be disrespectful" to bury her in bloody clothes." He added, "I'll never be able to forgive myself. I killed my own grandmother."

link: anne schindler (@schindy) | Twitter

Friday, October 18th:
*Sentencing Hearing Continues (Day 3) (@ 10:30am ET) – FL – Kristina June French (53) (Nov. 21, 2017, Neptune Beach) – *Logan Tyler Mott (15/now 17) – arrested (12/6/17), arraigned (12/18/17) & charged (3/27/18) “as an adult” with 2nd degree murder (of his grandmother) & grand theft auto. Plead not guilty. No bond.
Trial was set to begin 8/12/19-cancelled-was set to begin with jury selection on 10/7/19-cancelled.
GUILTY - FL - Kristina French, 53, Neptune Beach, 21 Nov 2017 *Minor Grandson Arrested* #2

9/18/19 Update: Mott plead guilty to 2nd degree murder. In exchange for his guilty plea, prosecutors have dropped the grand theft auto charge. Prosecutors and Mott’s defense attorneys came to an agreement that the court could give a sentence lower than the mandatory minimum of 25 years. The judge will now be allowed to impose a sentence anywhere between 15 and 40 years. Status hearing on 10/10 & sentencing on 10/16 thru 10/18/19.
10/16/19 Sentencing (Day 1): Witnesses: JSO Homicide Detective Neil Chandler (lead homicide detective). Lt. Eric Mott (Logan's father). Adolescent psychologist Selina Beenen (Logan's therapist). As part of his plea, prosecutors and defense lawyers agreed to ask Circuit Judge Bruce Anderson for a prison sentence in the range of 15 to 40 years. Mott’s defense attorney also wants Mott to be able to continue to serve his sentence in juvenile jail before he has to move to adult prison. The judge will hear both sides present arguments about how long Mott should serve on Wednesday. The hearing is expected to run through Friday, with a final state witness scheduled to appear Monday. The judge will pronounce the sentence at a later date. Sentencing hearing continues on 10/17.
10/17/19 Sentencing (Day 2): Witnesses: Dr. Marty Beyer, psychologist therapist. Sentencing hearing continues on 10/18.

Thought I'd post these tweets - to save time for SeesSeas! :)
anne schindler
‏ @schindy
16h16 hours ago
Thanks Niner.
O/T: Thursday, I was engrossed in the Sievers case - Hitman CWW testified yesterday afternoon and cross is this morning.
Watch Live: Jimmy Ray Rodgers on Trial for Murder in Death of Dr. Teresa Sievers

For Mott's case, dad testified Wednesday. Expecting Logan's mother to testify today.
Graphic testimony heard during sentencing phase for teen who confessed to murdering grandmother
His mother is expected to appear on Friday.

I'm going to try to watch the hearing LIVE today. I haven't found archived videos of the hearings. Here are some video snips from Thursday:
Logan Mott sentencing continues: Teen "lived in a battleground"
Oct 17, 2019

Child welfare consultant testifies on second day of trial for Logan Mott
Oct 17, 2019

SeesSeas said:
Thanks Niner.
O/T: Thursday, I was engrossed in the Sievers case - Hitman CWW testified yesterday afternoon and cross is this morning.

I'm only reading the tweets - but want to watch that testimony sometime!!

and thanks for the videos!

I believe the judge said they would resume at 3pm today. Possible sentencing today, but unlikely with starting late in the afternoon. I did watch yesterday till almost 6pm and teared up a few times when the psychologist shared statements Logan gave about killing Kristina. I was shocked when the camera did zoom in on Logan a few times, he never cried. She never made mention that he did cry at all when she interviewed him over 4 days, but I might have missed a mention of it. When court did recess, he immediately looked at his attorney and smiled and smirked. This after the psychologist talked for hours about how remorseful he is that he killed her.

Question for those that do follow trial guidelines. They mention that he stabbed her, but the psychiatrist was not asked why he stabbed her. Stated the shooting was accidental. Nothing about why he stabbed her in the head and hands. Is that because the gunshot was what killed her and they don't discuss the stab wounds?

'I’ll never be able to forgive myself... I killed my own grandmother': Day 2 of sentencing continues for Logan Mott
Updated: 6:56 PM EDT October 17, 2019
[...]
Beyer described the weeks before Logan murdered his grandmother as a “tragic slide downhill” but said the shooting itself was accidental and "reflexive." She said Logan was attempting to run away when he went to retrieve a gun from the room where his grandmother was sleeping. She said he was drunk, and his blood sugar was out of whack and he wasn’t thinking clearly. When his grandmother woke, he shot her.

Beyer described Logan recounting the crime, saying his face lost all color and he sobbed. She testified that he told her, "Burying her was the right thing to do the only thing I could do." He said he burned sage and removed her clothes because it would be "disrespectful" to bury her in bloody clothes.

[...]
The hearing continues Friday at 2 p.m. with testimony from Logan’s mother.

Question for those that do follow trial guidelines. They mention that he stabbed her, but the psychiatrist was not asked why he stabbed her. Stated the shooting was accidental. Nothing about why he stabbed her in the head and hands. Is that because the gunshot was what killed her and they don't discuss the stab wounds?
That does seem odd. . ."the psychiatrist was not asked why he stabbed her".
I did not watch the LIVE testimony yesterday.
Is there a link for a replay of that 10/17 testimony?

anne schindler‏ @schindy 10m10 minutes ago
Ms. D -- the nurse at Fletcher Middle -- formed a close bond with Logan Mott. He spent lunch with her most days. "There's something about Logan's eyes -- they are just full of life and intelligence." @FCN2go

anne schindler‏ @schindy 18s18 seconds ago
Ms D does a lot to humanize the teen. "If Logan could go back to that second it never would occur -- no no. The Logan that I know doesn’t have the capacity to harm anyone. He’s about love and peace and giving. That’s the Logan that I know." @FCN2go

anne schindler‏ @schindy 3m3 minutes ago
Now on the stand -- Logan Mott's mother Carrie Mott @FCN2go

EHLxh01XUAEAfts.png

The LIVE video feed cut out, right when Logan's mother returned to the witness box after a break at about 4PM.

I don't find the full sentencing hearings on the YouTube playlist for First Coast News:
First Coast News

Third day of sentencing phase for teen who confessed to murdering grandmother

Updated: 4:51 PM EDT October 18, 2019

Two more tweets:
anne schindler‏ @schindy 2h2 hours ago
Logan Mott's mother has sent him over 330 books since he's been in jail, including books by Plato, Socretes and the works of Shakespeare. "He's read every one," she says. @FCN2go

anne schindler‏ @schindy 2h2 hours ago
Logan Mott finished his high school degree in jail and was accepted into Adams State University in Colorado. @FCN2go

Docket:
10/18/2019 JUDGE ANDERSON JR, BRUCE R
214 -- 10/18/2019

10/18/2019 ASST. STATE ATTY. LICANDRO, JOSEPH RUDOLPH
215 -- 10/18/2019

10/18/2019 ASST. PUB. DEF. COFER, CHARLES GILBERT
216 -- 10/18/2019

10/18/2019 OTHERS PRESENT: PD- A. CHIPPERFIELD
217 -- 10/18/2019

10/18/2019 DEFENDANT PRESENT IN JAIL
218 -- 10/18/2019

10/18/2019 STATUS HEARING 10/22/2019 9:00 AM - 508 5TH FLOOR, 501 W ADAMS ST JACKSONVILLE FL 32202
219 -- 10/18/2019
10/18/2019 @8:30AM

Hearings:
10/18/2019 9:00 AM SENTENCING 5th Floor 508

10/22/2019 9:00 AM STATUS HEARING 5th Floor 508

link: CORE - Clerk Online Resource ePortal

*Status Hearing (@ 9am ET) – FL – Kristina June French (53) (Nov. 21, 2017, Neptune Beach) – *Logan Tyler Mott (15/now 17) – arrested (12/6/17), arraigned (12/18/17) & charged (3/27/18) “as an adult” with 2nd degree murder (of his grandmother) & grand theft auto. Plead not guilty. No bond.
Trial was set to begin 8/12/19-cancelled-now set to begin with jury selection on 10/7/19-cancelled as he plead guilty.

10/16/19 Sentencing (Day 1): Witnesses: JSO Homicide Detective Neil Chandler (lead homicide detective). Lt. Eric Mott (Logan's father). Adolescent psychologist Selina Beenen (Logan's therapist). As part of his plea, prosecutors and defense lawyers agreed to ask Circuit Judge Bruce Anderson for a prison sentence in the range of 15 to 40 years. Mott’s defense attorney also wants Mott to be able to continue to serve his sentence in juvenile jail before he has to move to adult prison. The judge will hear both sides present arguments about how long Mott should serve on Wednesday. The hearing is expected to run through Friday, with a final state witness scheduled to appear Monday. The judge will pronounce the sentence at a later date. Sentencing hearing continues on 10/17.
10/17/19 Sentencing (Day 2): Witnesses: Dr. Marty Beyer, psychologist therapist. Sentencing continues on 10/18.
10/18/10 Sentencing (Day 3): Watched video interview detectives did with Canadian teen who was part of Logan Mott's Instagram chat group. Witnesses: Ms. Barbara Delifus (nurse at Fletcher Middle). Carrie Mott (Logan's mother). Next is Status hearing on 10/22. The Judge will still need to hear from another witness before he imposes the sentence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back