Still Missing FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found alive on street), Miramar, 27 Jul 2020 #4 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Double post but they're saying the Ryan already went through.

They never connected the call. We don't know what happened. People are trying to figure out what happened

Edit: His lawyers asked for a 30 day extension

Last edited:
Where the heck is she? Dr. Phil Don't want to register to watch it.....sorry....
I keep watching for the hearing dates...
Think Covid has all the FL Courts running behind... Such a heartbreaking case for her family... Thankfully her son was found right away... I always check online to see if she was found, and keep her, and her family in my prayers... Glad this guy is off the streets;
I live in South Florida about 15 mins from where this occurred... SO TRAGIC

Last edited:
Leila Cavett was reported missing after her two-year-old son, Kamdyn Cavett, was found wandering around alone outside an apartment complex in Miramar, Florida on July 26, 2020. The 21-year-old Dawsonville, Georgia mother was last seen in Hollywood, Florida, on July 25, 2020, driving a white mid-to-late 90s Chevy Silverado 3500 pickup truck with a red tailgate and a “Baby on Board” sign on the passenger window. On July 28, Leila’s pickup truck was found abandoned in a Walmart parking lot in Hollywood, two miles from where her son had been found the day before. In August, federal agents arrested Shannon Demar Ryan in Florida and charged him with kidnapping in connection to Leila’s disappearance. Shortly before Ryan’s arrest, he posted a video online discussing how he met up with Leila at a RaceTrac gas station in Hollywood on July 25 to buy her truck before her disappearance. According to the arrest affidavit provided to Dateline, Ryan told investigators he paid $3,000 to Leila for her truck and the three of them left in his 2004 Gold Lexus ES 330 to spend the day at Ft. Lauderdale beach, leaving the truck behind. When they returned, he parked at the gas pumps at RaceTrac and told investigators that Leila and her son left in a dark sedan with several unknown men. He stated it was the last time he saw her. According to the affidavit, law enforcement reviewed the security footage from the RaceTrac gas station, but it did not show Ryan’s car at the pumps where he described it, nor did it show L.C. (Leila) leaving in a dark sedan. Investigators say a car resembling Ryan’s was spotted on security video in front of the apartment complex in Miramar just minutes before Leila’s son was found. On August 15, law enforcement officials searched Ryan’s Lexus and discovered a half-empty container of all-purpose cleaner with bleach, several black trash bags and a white powdery substance. U.S. Magistrate Judge Lurana S. Snow has ordered that Ryan should be kept in custody until his trial. In October, the FBI in Miami searched the Monarch Hill Landfill in Pompano Beach, but did not release further details in the investigation, or how they were able to zero in on the landfill. “The FBI continues to actively pursue every lead related to this investigation,” the department said in a statement. “We are still seeking information about Leila Cavett’s disappearance.” Leila is described as being 5 feet 4 inches tall and weighing about 110 pounds. She has brown, shoulder-length hair and brown eyes. She has a tattoo that reads “Kamdyn” on her right arm and a small tattoo of a Christian fish symbol on her right wrist. The case has been turned over to the FBI. Anyone who may have information on Leila’s whereabouts is asked to call FBI Miami at 800-CALL-FBI or go to FBI.GOV/TIPS.
Seven years of Dateline's Missing in America: 156 still missing

There’s been no sign of Cavett for nearly six months since the 21-year-old Georgia woman traveled to Florida, planning to work for Shannon Ryan, the 39-year-old self-proclaimed witch.
upload_2021-2-12_7-44-0.jpeg
Ryan was arrested in August on a federal kidnapping charge. He faces 20 years to life if found guilty. The new date of his arraignment is now Feb. 22.

In recent months, no family or friends have been contacted to say Cavett is OK after her child was found abandoned in a parking lot of an apartment complex in Miramar one steamy July morning. Cavett’s mother earlier this year told the South Florida Sun Sentinel that she fears her daughter is dead.
Self-described ‘witch’ asks for delay in missing-mom case

There’s been no sign of Cavett for nearly six months since the 21-year-old Georgia woman traveled to Florida, planning to work for Shannon Ryan, the 39-year-old self-proclaimed witch.
View attachment 283911
Ryan was arrested in August on a federal kidnapping charge. He faces 20 years to life if found guilty. The new date of his arraignment is now Feb. 22.

In recent months, no family or friends have been contacted to say Cavett is OK after her child was found abandoned in a parking lot of an apartment complex in Miramar one steamy July morning. Cavett’s mother earlier this year told the South Florida Sun Sentinel that she fears her daughter is dead.
Self-described ‘witch’ asks for delay in missing-mom case

There was an earlier post stating that her son was transferred to the state her family resides in; is there a confirmation to this information, or is he still in Florida away from his family?

There was an earlier post stating that her son was transferred to the state her family resides in; is there a confirmation to this information, or is he still in Florida away from his family?

i would like to know if he made it to his family:
Apparently Florida has a private child protection system, and it also has a huge child trafficking network...
I do not trust any child protection system;
especially if family is available as a placement,
or visitation option...
Worked in a state system before, did see many children abused, and neglected in the system..

Last edited:
Apparently Florida has a private child protection system, and it also has a huge child trafficking network...
or visitation option...
Worked in a state system before, did see many children abused, and neglected in the system..
Unfortunately, sometimes families are simply not a good fit for a child, and that could be for many reasons. Last we heard, we was still in foster care so I’m assuming his family does not meet the requirements for the child to be placed with them. Again, that could be for many reasons.

We all feel awful for them for losing Leila but if the baby was not placed with the family, that’s probably a good reason for that. That is probably not definitive too, they should have been offered to work to meet requirements, we’ll see I guess.

Unfortunately, sometimes families are simply not a good fit for a child, and that could be for many reasons. Last we heard, we was still in foster care so I’m assuming his family does not meet the requirements for the child to be placed with them. Again, that could be for many reasons.

We all feel awful for them for losing Leila but if the baby was not placed with the family, that’s probably a good reason for that. That is probably not definitive too, they should have been offered to work to meet requirements, we’ll see I guess.

What private agency; owns and operates Florida Department of Child Services?
Does anyone know where this information is registered?

I hope the child is no longer in Florida!
Lots of child trafficking and pervs here...
Child is adorable and needs to be in a safe place; hopefully with a family member...
Unfortunately, there are plenty of “pervs” everywhere in the World. He is not in Florida, it has been mentioned and discussed in this thread before.

or visitation option...
The private child care system in FL is fully funded by the state.

The private child care system in FL is fully funded by the state.

Exactly: I live in FL...
What private company owns and operates it?
Imagine they are a “non-profit”; for profit industry; similar to the private prison systems...
I tried looking it up and have been unable to find a link and board of directors!

Exactly: I live in FL...
What private company owns and operates it?
Imagine they are a “non-profit”; for profit industry; similar to the private prison systems...
I tried looking it up and have been unable to find a link and board of directors!
ChildNet: About ChildNet | ChildNet

ETA: ChildNet is the Palm Beach/Broward agency that is state-funded. They handle fosters, etc where Kam was found.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back