GUILTY FL - Lisa Story, 32, & Robin Cornell, 11, slain, Cape Coral, 10 May 1990 *Arrest in 2016*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can see Addis being surprised, tbh. What I can't see is the delay ruling him out if they have DNA. Perhaps he doesn't have any on file?

Upgrade to Flash Player 10 for improved playback performance. Upgrade Now or More Info. close
1,556 Like Add toShare Loading... Sign In or Sign Up now!
Uploaded by CerealJusticeAvenger on Dec 22, 2010

UPDATE: In 1997, investigators learned that Addis had been living in Guadalajara, Mexico and had taken up with a 26-year-old woman named Laura Liliana Padilla. Laura's family told detectives that she had fallen in love with the handsome American and ran off with him.

For the past nine years, her family and authorities in the United States had feared that she might one day meet the same horrible fate as Joanne Albanese. Sadly, on October 18th, 2006, those fears came true. Laura, along with her two children, who are believed to have been fathered by Addis, were found murdered in their home in Chiapas, Mexico. The children were ages four and seven. Mexican authorities found fake identification cards and documents belonging to John Addis in the home. The family had apparently been living there for some time.

This article is below youtube snuffa's linked above.

Addis's body was found in the hotel room on the 16th. His death is a suspected suicide pending further post-mortem reports and is being investigated by police in Guatemala City. The murder of Addis's family in Chiapas is being investigated by Mexican authorities. John Addis is believed to the prime suspect in the murder of Laura and the two children. Officials from the U.S. State Department are assisting the Mexican and Guatemalan authorities. Addis's true identity in death was proven through a post-mortem fingerprint comparison.

From the same article Youtube link

I wonder if killing the children, who might have been his was more than he could handle. Obviously, killing women didn't bother him.

I hope the rest of the report from the Vidocq Society proves it was him so Jan can rest knowing the murderer is dead.

To be honest, I rest better knowing that man is dead. He was a total psychopath and a predator in every sense of the word. There were signs that something wasn't right with him long before he started killing people. Hopefully he can definitively be connected to the murders in some way. I agree, it would be nice for Jan to have at least some measure of closure in the death of her daughter. Also, think of all the women who have had encounters with him who can consider themselves lucky they they are still among the living.

I too would like for them to prove it was Addis. Then Jan could put it to rest and move on knowing he can never hurt her or her other daughter again.

If only DNA testing had come sooner!

Is there any way LE can get DNA from the Mexican Government? I'm sure they tried. They at least have fingerprints. How do we find out about this stuff? :banghead:

Is there any way LE can get DNA from the Mexican Government? I'm sure they tried. They at least have fingerprints. How do we find out about this stuff? :banghead:

That's a good question and I bet Believe09 would know. I suspect the Vidocq Society got the DNA from his body. In the report they produced they said they had "new", or DNA that had not been tested, or something like that and I believe Fla was waiting for the test results from that DNA. I'll have to go back and read the report again.

Knowing what we now know I bet it was Addis' DNA. It is just so sad that he got away with all these murders. Sure he committed suicide but only when he knew he would either go to a Mexican Prison and die or do it himself....of course it could have been Mexican justice...........lol :banghead:

Sorrrrry..........shame on me. Mexican LE would never do that!

:truce:

Can someone point me to where it says their was 2 set of DNA found please-Thank you
I hope they solve this soon,its been way to long for both families!

Do we know how well Lisa Story and Jan Cornell knew each other prior to becoming roommates?

I am conflicted.

From reading about this case, it really feels to me as if Lisa Story was the target. If Robin or Jan were the target, the killer would have taken items belonging to Robin and/or Jan, and not just Lisa. I wondered if maybe Lisa moved in with Jan because Lisa was leaving a relationship, but realize Lisa had a boyfriend when she moved in- as evidenced by the ring she'd bought for him (that was taken by the killer). So I guess that shoots that theory down.

I am shocked that Jan lived her day-to-day life in such close proximity to a killer/woman-hater like John Addis- and ultimately her roommate and daughter were brutally murdered. What are the odds that she worked out with this psycho several times a week, but ultimately suffered the effects of a double homicide at the hands of someone altogether different from the killer she had ties to? Not likely, I'd think. I think it almost has to be him. Did she talk to any of her friends about Addis? Did he make any particular impression on her?

Is it possible that John Addis met Lisa Story through Jan? Perhaps John Addis initially had a romantic interest in Jan, but Jan turned him down because she already had a boyfriend. If Jan and Lisa were friends prior to becoming roommates, he may have asked her friend Lisa out, only to be rejected- again- because Lisa had a boyfriend. If they were friends before moving in together, Addis could have learned through the gym that Stacy was going to be moving in with Jan. We already know Addis doesn't handle rejection well, so maybe that's at the heart of this entire case.

???

It's making my head hurt!

It *feels* to me like Lisa was the target.

Upgrade to Flash Player 10 for improved playback performance. Upgrade Now or More Info. close
1,556 Like Add toShare Loading... Sign In or Sign Up now!
Uploaded by CerealJusticeAvenger on Dec 22, 2010

UPDATE: In 1997, investigators learned that Addis had been living in Guadalajara, Mexico and had taken up with a 26-year-old woman named Laura Liliana Padilla. Laura's family told detectives that she had fallen in love with the handsome American and ran off with him.

For the past nine years, her family and authorities in the United States had feared that she might one day meet the same horrible fate as Joanne Albanese. Sadly, on October 18th, 2006, those fears came true. Laura, along with her two children, who are believed to have been fathered by Addis, were found murdered in their home in Chiapas, Mexico. The children were ages four and seven. Mexican authorities found fake identification cards and documents belonging to John Addis in the home. The family had apparently been living there for some time.

This article is below youtube snuffa's linked above.

Looks like my link didn't work. Now I'll have to try again...............Hope I can find it!

Can someone point me to where it says their was 2 set of DNA found please-Thank you
I hope they solve this soon,its been way to long for both families!

I think, I might have misconstrued what the Vidocq Society stated. They said the had "New" DNA for testing. I think I mistakenly stated a second set of DNA evidence. My GUESS is that they now have DNA from John Addis that they didn't have before and that is the DNA they are testing. That is just a guess..........

Do we know how well Lisa Story and Jan Cornell knew each other prior to becoming roommates?

I am conflicted.

From reading about this case, it really feels to me as if Lisa Story was the target. If Robin or Jan were the target, the killer would have taken items belonging to Robin and/or Jan, and not just Lisa. I wondered if maybe Lisa moved in with Jan because Lisa was leaving a relationship, but realize Lisa had a boyfriend when she moved in- as evidenced by the ring she'd bought for him (that was taken by the killer). So I guess that shoots that theory down.

I am shocked that Jan lived her day-to-day life in such close proximity to a killer/woman-hater like John Addis- and ultimately her roommate and daughter were brutally murdered. What are the odds that she worked out with this psycho several times a week, but ultimately suffered the effects of a double homicide at the hands of someone altogether different from the killer she had ties to? Not likely, I'd think. I think it almost has to be him. Did she talk to any of her friends about Addis? Did he make any particular impression on her?

Is it possible that John Addis met Lisa Story through Jan? Perhaps John Addis initially had a romantic interest in Jan, but Jan turned him down because she already had a boyfriend. If Jan and Lisa were friends prior to becoming roommates, he may have asked her friend Lisa out, only to be rejected- again- because Lisa had a boyfriend. If they were friends before moving in together, Addis could have learned through the gym that Stacy was going to be moving in with Jan. We already know Addis doesn't handle rejection well, so maybe that's at the heart of this entire case.

???

It's making my head hurt!

Lisa and Jan were both nurses and worked together. Both worked out at the gym where Addis worked. I think it is believed that Lisa dated Addis and had moved on. I'm not positive on that point.

They believe Lisa was the target and possibly Robyn woke up and he killed her too.

i lived in the area at the time of this crime. very scary. i actually worked in cape coral across the street from the hospital that jan and lisa worked at.

i have never heard of this addis guy and had no idea they had any suspects at all.

but what i DO remember: i worked at a doctors office and a new x-ray tech had been recently hired. maybe a month or two before the murder. he was quite...unusual? anyhow, the office rumour was that he had been questioned by LE regarding this case. something about a cigarette butt? anyhow, he suddenly quit and never came back to work. no two week notice or anything. i just remember we were all kinda relieved that he quit because he was just so strange.

i can't remember his name. i just remember that he was in his late 20's, had a beard and smoked a lot. his fingers and thumbs were stained. i think that he also worked at the hospital.

probably nothing, but...

Sometimes I wonder if police officers use the media to bait suspects. Like this:

“The fact that we still receive information proves that this case is very much alive,” Detective Ellis said. “The DNA Profile is a vital piece of evidence. It’s as if we have a key to the car, we just need to figure out who the car belongs to.”

http://www.winknews.com/Local-Flori...continue-to-investigate-Cornell-Story-murders

In this particular case, detectives literally DO have a key to the car, and just need to figure out who the car belongs to!

i lived in the area at the time of this crime. very scary. i actually worked in cape coral across the street from the hospital that jan and lisa worked at.

i have never heard of this addis guy and had no idea they had any suspects at all.

but what i DO remember: i worked at a doctors office and a new x-ray tech had been recently hired. maybe a month or two before the murder. he was quite...unusual? anyhow, the office rumour was that he had been questioned by LE regarding this case. something about a cigarette butt? anyhow, he suddenly quit and never came back to work. no two week notice or anything. i just remember we were all kinda relieved that he quit because he was just so strange.

i can't remember his name. i just remember that he was in his late 20's, had a beard and smoked a lot. his fingers and thumbs were stained. i think that he also worked at the hospital.

probably nothing, but...

Welcome! Great to have someone who worked and lived around there. What else can you tell us. We're all ears................

Welcome! Great to have someone who worked and lived around there. What else can you tell us. We're all ears................

unfortunately, not a lot. cape coral was quite a bit smaller back then.

if i am remembering correctly: cape coral police was "small town", don't know if they had a lot of "experience" in big crimes.

i still keep in touch with some girls that work in cape coral. (as a matter of fact one of them just joined WS.) i will talk with them and see if they can think of anything else.

as a matter of fact, i think i will send her an e mail and ask her to take a look at this thread.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katgneal
Back