GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes me want to vomit. We need to start charging Mothers when they leave their babies with boyfriends that do these little ones harm. For me it cut and dried. I am sick over this.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I saw a billboard for Lonzie in Palm Harbor, FL about an hour ago. We are about 3.5 hours from Jacksonville.

I am so sad for this poor child and his sister. What a life.

Baker County Sheriff Joey Dobson said Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office investigators were in Baker County Friday to interview Chris Barton. Dobson said JSO has cleared him.

Jimmy Barton says Lonzie, Lonzie’s sister, and Lonzie’s mom and dad lived in a house just a few hundred yards down a dirt road from him.

A relative told an Action News reporter that Lonzie’s mom, Lonna Lauramore, 25, took the two children from the home a couple of months ago to be with another man in Jacksonville.

Relatives say they didn’t know if it was William Ebron – Lonzie’s caretaker and the last person to see him – who she left with.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/n...e-barton-stretches-across-county-lines/nm6TZ/

This makes me want to vomit. We need to start charging Mothers when they leave their babies with boyfriends that do these little ones harm. For me it cut and dried. I am sick over this.

They do charge moms with criminal neglect in cases like this. Often, moms get stiffer sentences than the murdering boyfriends.

Sorry if this has already been discussed. I may have missed a post or two. So he says that he put the kids in the car ... Went to the laundromat and put in a load of clothes...went back home and left the kids in the car to go inside and use cocaine. Then the load of laundry must still have been at the laundromat. NOT in the dumpster, IN the washer or maybe in a basket if someone took it out of the washer.
He says he can work the system, saying he did drugs can be an excuse for court. Wondering if the clothes had a strong bleach odor. :( What is this about a computer found, is that from the laundromat dumpster? Has someone made a timeline to date of what he's said?

Also, he thinks he's untouchable. He must know how to get rid of evidence or he thinks he does. JMO

I think he controlled her. Dropped her off to make some money for him & then would pick her up. I'm guessing he had no job & lived off his girlfriends.

I just wanted to say, seeing this time and again in so many cases, they're not controlled. This is a lifestyle, drugs, boyfriends like him, and kids are drug along and this happens too often. They have choices, they're grown women, if they choose this lifestyle, people around them should take the responsibility of getting the kids in a safe environment. I'm sorry, but this makes me mad, poor Haleigh, and now this beautiful little boy related to her.

They do charge moms with criminal neglect in cases like this. Often, moms get stiffer sentences than the murdering boyfriends.

And sometimes the moms get off scott free. Helen Reyes (Teghan Skiba's mom) and Tania Grogan (Bella's mom) come to mind. I still get angry over those cases. Grr. :furious:

10 o'clock news:

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/s/watchlive/

ETA: Not much new.

Search scaled back but still heavy police presence. Forensics team will be inside apartment tonight – referring to that “in the dark” comment from earlier.

Arrest warrant issued. Revoking bond. Reiterating the DV and no contact orders.

When he's arrested he'll be taken to Baker county jail.

Parents split up about two months ago, mom took kids back to Jacksonville. Interview with bio father's family.

Talked to law and safety expert about luminol. Things indicating child wasn't in apartment that night, looking for blood.

I just wanted to say, seeing this time and again in so many cases, they're not controlled. This is a lifestyle, drugs, boyfriends like him, and kids are drug along and this happens too often. They have choices, they're grown women, if they choose this lifestyle, people around them should take the responsibility of getting the kids in a safe environment. I'm sorry, but this makes me mad, poor Haleigh, and now this beautiful little boy related to her.

And what about the biological father? Does he have no responsibility to the child here?

Forensics team going into apt. The man just arrested goes by his middle and last name on facebook.

2yrs old & 20 lbs?? Praying he is just "naturally" a small child!!!! [emoji120][emoji120] Because of the marks on his face and the hopeless look in his eyes, his weight stands out to me. But it could completely just be me!

I wonder if LE got a warrant to enter now? sigh.

And what about the biological father? Does he have no responsibility to the child here?
According to the news, the reporter just said she left the father recently to go live with the man that was just arrested. She had the kids with her, and living with a man who has a violent record, and drug record, and she has a drug record with him in the same incident. The father is not a suspect here, and didn't lose his child.

I think this is unfair. It seems like this happens frequently because we are on this and other sites but I think the reality is that most men in relationships COULD be trusted because they have a conscience and know what is right. And there are many who love children. If single women didn't trust anyone with their kids, we would have no step-fathers, and there are some amazing ones out there. Yes, I speak from personal experience.

Lonzie was only wearing a diaper? No blanket in the car, nothing else? No clothing to look for as evidence, how perfect. JMO

I think this is unfair. It seems like this happens frequently because we are on this and other sites but I think the reality is that most men in relationships COULD be trusted because they have a conscience and know what is right. And there are many who love children. If single women didn't trust anyone with their kids, we would have no step-fathers, and there are some amazing ones out there. Yes, I speak from personal experience.

Its not about MOST men. It is about mothers who allow known violent criminals around their young children. Usually because it benefits the mother- she is going out, she is off drinking/ doing drugs, etc- not because it is actual good care for her child. As parents, we are required to protect our children. That is why they are not allowed to be home alone at 2- they need care and protection. To give them to a violent man that she has been living with for a couple of months is inexcusable. I, too, am sick of it. As a single mother, I get the desire for companionship. As a mother, I understand even more the need to protect my child from harm at the hands of someone I invite into his life. It is not to down men or step-dads. The issue is not men, as much as it is men that are either not known very well or have a violent past or are just getting out of prison. How about you date the man and keep your kids out of it for a while??? Novel idea. Mothers should 100% be held responsible for leaving their children in the care of someone who is not trustworthy. (Of course, that person should 1000% percent be held responsible, too!). I'm not making excuses for bad mothering. You signed up for difficult when you decided to have children. Now, take CARE of them. Stop pawning them off on men who could care less if they are alive or dead. I see it over and over on these forums. I'm real tired of the innocent babies paying the price.

Just adding that I have not read far enough to see this man's past. I just see comments saying he has a violent past. I am catching up now.

Hi Sunflowerchick,
I'm sorry if you misunderstood me, I guess I was too vague. I am referring to women who knowingly leave their babies and children with drug addicts and felons. I know of many warm, caring, boyfriends that are great with kids!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member