GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not about MOST men. It is about mothers who allow known violent criminals around their young children. Usually because it benefits the mother- she is going out, she is off drinking/ doing drugs, etc- not because it is actual good care for her child. As parents, we are required to protect our children. That is why they are not allowed to be home alone at 2- they need care and protection. To give them to a violent man that she has been living with for a couple of months is inexcusable. I, too, am sick of it. As a single mother, I get the desire for companionship. As a mother, I understand even more the need to protect my child from harm at the hands of someone I invite into his life. It is not to down men or step-dads. The issue is not men, as much as it is men that are either not known very well or have a violent past or are just getting out of prison. How about you date the man and keep your kids out of it for a while??? Novel idea. Mothers should 100% be held responsible for leaving their children in the care of someone who is not trustworthy. (Of course, that person should 1000% percent be held responsible, too!). I'm not making excuses for bad mothering. You signed up for difficult when you decided to have children. Now, take CARE of them. Stop pawning them off on men who could care less if they are alive or dead. I see it over and over on these forums. I'm real tired of the innocent babies paying the price.

Just adding that I have not read far enough to see this man's past. I just see comments saying he has a violent past. I am catching up now.
Good post. Very well said.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I think this is unfair. It seems like this happens frequently because we are on this and other sites but I think the reality is that most men in relationships COULD be trusted because they have a conscience and know what is right. And there are many who love children. If single women didn't trust anyone with their kids, we would have no step-fathers, and there are some amazing ones out there. Yes, I speak from personal experience.

I TOTALLY agree - most men are reliable, and sweet, and responsible.

This guy wasn't, and she knew it full well.

It's as if she left her lambs in the care of a wolf. These children would have been MUCH better off left alone for her shift, although that's illegal. It's likely had she left them alone in the apartment after having a nice dinner and kissing them goodbye and locking the door, they would survive.

Sad. Often kids are so much better left alone than with a known predator.

I hope they get the 5 year old medically tested for signs of abuse of any kind. I hope social services finds a safe haven for this child and doesn't return her to her saintly mother.

Just adding that I have not read far enough to see this man's past. I just see comments saying he has a violent past. I am catching up now.
You are not going to like what you read...

I'm not getting too wrapped up in a bruised forehead or a scrape on his chin. Boyfriend's past makes me skeptical, but I've had 3 toddlers and all have had their fair share of bumps and bruises through the years. Foreheads and mouths seem to be the most popular areas to bang up. I'm also not that worried about his listed weight. He looks thin but healthy, and likely weighs more than 20 lbs.

That being said, the boyfriend sounds like a real piece of work. Sad that so many monsters are roaming the streets free to harm whomever they please.

I think if someone stole this car with a child in it, they would be coming forward to say they dumped it as soon as they saw a baby in the back seat. Car theft would be pretty minor compared to a homicide/kidnapping charge. *IF* someone tried to steal the car, maybe they tried to return in back to where they found it, hence it being so close to where they stole it from. If there intention was to kidnap the child, they would NOT take a car that easy to identify. They would take the child and go.

I don't think a drug deal gone bad would cause someone to kidnap a kid. Too much at risk.

I do think owing someone a ton of money for drugs could possibly cause a parent to sell a child, but (warning-sad thoughts) I think the 5 year old girl would probably be the likely victim, and I don't think it would be a one-time transaction.

I don't think this poor baby will be found alive.

Geeze why didn't they just open up their own pharmacy?
Those legal documents are horrifying, especially for Lonzie.
Just makes me so angry and almost ready to burst out screaming/crying.
WTH are "parents" thinking these days?
SMH
jmo

You are not going to like what you read...

You are right. I just read the newest arrest report that y'all posted. I won't be taking back my opinion that she had no business allowing this man around children and that she is also responsible. Of course, she probably didnt have any business being around children, either. She can't claim ignorance to his background since she was there for the one I read!

Also, I didnt see mention of the kids in that report. It was her home- were they not there??

Hi Sunflowerchick,
I'm sorry if you misunderstood me, I guess I was too vague. I am referring to women who knowingly leave their babies and children with drug addicts and felons. I know of many warm, caring, boyfriends that are great with kids!!

Thanks. I can agree with that!

My problem is this: Sometimes it is impossible to do better and I don't think in all cases, the mother should be punished for that. If you can't afford child care, you can't leave them alone, you need to work and everyone you know is a convicted felon or drug user, what then? What are your options? I think sometimes we tend to judge based on our own experiences and I do not think that is always fair.

I'm not saying that is the case here and I'm not attacking you personally. I just don't think in all cases that the mother should be punished because sometimes I think they have no other choice. It sounds like in this case, the kids should have been with bio-dad though.

You are right. I just read the newest arrest report that y'all posted. I won't be taking back my opinion that she had no business allowing this man around children and that she is also responsible. Of course, she probably didnt have any business being around children, either. She can't claim ignorance to his background since she was there for the one I read!

Also, I didnt see mention of the kids in that report. It was her home- were they not there??

I'm guessing with their dad. It sounds like the Mom lived with him until very recently (i.e. a few months ago).

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story...rking-possible-child-abduction-case/30607457/
Mom's boyfriend with child neglect in Lonzie Barton's disappearance

--snip--

The boyfriend to the mother of a missing 21-month-old boy was arrested at some point Friday and charged with two counts of child neglect, according to the Duval County Jail.

William Ebron Jr. is being held without bond at the jail. He's due in court Saturday afternoon, authorities said.

"Ebron has not been charged with a crime relating to the abduction of Lonzie at this time."

So he is behind bars for now but not charged with abductiom....which doesn't resolve the issue of where the little guy is :(

(BTW, noobie here. Hello all!)

"Ebron has not been charged with a crime relating to the abduction of Lonzie at this time."

So he is behind bars for now but not charged with abductiom....which doesn't resolve the issue of where the little guy is :(

(BTW, noobie here. Hello all!)

Welcome to WS, Sika! :welcome:

See that's dumb too. Oh my car and girlfriends baby were stolen instead of knocking on doors asking for help let me charge my phone....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How and where did he charge his phone?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Bumps and bruises are a touchy subject with me. When my son about 18 mos old he climbed into a chair and got an apple off of the table. He then threw the apple up in the air and it came down on his nose at the corner of his eye. After a few hours he had a huge bump and his entire eye began looking bloody. I panicked and carried him to the ER where he was checked out and I was told while it would continue to look horrible for several days and would be bruised for several weeks he would be fine. By day 2-3 he looked like that side of his face had been beaten, bashed, smashed etc. Someone called CPS, along with police and reported possible abuse. Of course the 18 mos old boy did not learn his lesson, he had "I show," the officers what he had done, this time the apple being caught by the officer before it could hit anyone. Police were satisfied, but CPS still wanted to followup with his pediatrician before closing the case. His doctor simply told them, "He's a toddler, a very curious little boy, bumps, scrapes and bruises are his job." Case closed.

Also sad eyes and unhappy faces in photos do nothing for me either. Same kid would turn on the pouty face with sad eyes every time he was aware of a picture being taken and if you dared to take more than 2-3 pictures, you would get a full-on temper tantrum. He hated taking pictures. He's 22 now and still dislikes having his picture taken and has been known to throw a 2 year old fit about it.

Another thing, I have seen a few asking the question who would leave young children unattended in a running car – (inhale) I have never done it, however, I see it happening all of the time. Running into the post office, going into convenience stores (at the gas pump with car running or not, but with keys left in,) just going to be at minute at Walmart, and (quite possibly the most popular) going through the drive-thru at whichever fast food to pull around, park, go inside to get extra napkins, ketchup etc.

About a month ago lady locked her newborn inside the car with her keys and phone inside at a storage facility and had to leave the car and run about 1/4 mile down the highway to a business to get help. Fortunately, she had left the car running with the AC on in the 100ish F heat.

As for leaving kids in the car to go back inside of the house/apartment, I don't know, it's like there's something about being at "home" that doesn't always register in the mind about the possibility of someone taking your car with kids inside. (Not that I am convinced of the claims being made in this case.)

That said, I had best slip back into lurk mode before I find myself in time out from my fingers typing what I would really like to say in regards to this entire situation.

Wait... what??

From your link:

The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office received a report of a car theft and abduction around 2:20 a.m. Friday.

Police say the boyfriend, William Ebron Jr., of the mother, Lonna Lauramore Barton, was getting ready to take Lonzie and his 5-year-old sister to pick up their mom work. The boyfriend put the children in the car and ran back into the apartment for something. The 5-year-old then came into the apartment and told the man "she's scared." The boyfriend went back outside and that's when he saw the orange 1995 Honda Civic being driven away with Lonzie inside.

And also this:

Ebron told detectives Friday that he dropped off Lonna Barton at Wacko's Gentlemen's Club around 8:30 p.m. Thursday. Ebron said he put a load of clothes in at a nearby laundromat and then went back to the apartment to use powder cocaine. That's when he left the children in the car with the car running. He said two minutes later he heard the vehicle leaving and ran outside to see it exiting onto Old Kings Road.

Detectives found video from 12:33 a.m. Friday which shows Ebron going into a Kangaroo gas station at Baymeadows and Old Kings Road.

That's a heck of a time gap. Is this an msm error or did he tell two different stories? :confused:
How far is the gas station from the house and mom's work?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Sorry to see another case of drugs/children/boyfriends. If these kids ever get sold for drug debts or money to buy more drugs - I have to hope they are with a family who really wants a child and will love them even if they paid a fortune to get them illegally. These kids just might be better off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo