GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Lonzie's mom break up with this Ebron loser by now, or is she standing by him?

So he's not even 2 years old yet. He is an okay weight for 21 months old.

On the growth chart, 20 pounds at 21 months old (for a boy) is below the 0% range. So it is a bit underweight actually. But I think it's hard to say if it's 'okay' for him or not since we don't know how his growth has been for the last 21 months. If he's always been smaller, many doctors won't be super concerned, I don't think. I could be wrong though. My only experience is with a child in the higher percentile range.

Also, do we really know if 20 pounds is even accurate? I doubt they pulled his medical records (though I am new to this whole missing person world, so maybe they do?) And many parents probably don't know their kids exact weight at any given time. So maybe they just said "20 pounds" to authorities but in reality he is larger.

I think the focus should be on dumpsters and The St John's. The St John's is like swimming in root beer. You can't even see your own legs. Uggggh, I can't believe this is happening. The look of hopelessness in that child's eyes is haunting.

Vic Micolucci - WJXT (@WJXTvic): https://twitter.com/WJXTvic?s=09

So sad there are no public vigils for #LonzieBarton, no family press conferences, no candles or balloons. #FINDLONZIE http://t.co/8JgsvUGOCJ

But police, press, social media folks have poured hearts out into finding #LonzieBarton. People do care. #FINDLONZIE http://t.co/QksfPj7QgY

This is just so very heartbreaking!!!

1437834132261886.jpg

As the search for Lonzie Barton moves into its second day, members of the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office K-9 team search the woods around the athletic fields at Baker Skinner Park off Powers Avenue.

http://jacksonville.com/breaking-news/2015-07-24/story/live-blog-search-lonzie-barton

Why on earth would you live with a man like that? Why would you subject your children to potential child abuse? I am just shaking my head. O my gosh....

Is that not endangering the welfare of a child?

If they organize a volunteer search, I'll gladly go as I am off this weekend and I'm only 60 miles away. But I've heard nothing thus far.
This is what I am waiting for. We had to go to the "main spot near the area he was "abducted"" where police are (is it called a command center?) sheriff will write your name and number in a book. If they have a public search said they will call. I live a couple miles from where it happened.

There was mention of WalMart earlier in this case. I think someone mentioned that he could have been buying items to help in the disposal of the boy. JMO

I wonder too if the height/weight are correct. So often in missing children's cases we all say "WHAT? There's no way that child is that height and weight!"

At 30 inches, he's very small, and 20 pounds is extremely thin. Rule of thumb is, you double a boy's height at 2 years old, and that's their adult height prediction. He was headed for an adult height of just over 5' at this rate.

The truth is, abuse stunts a child's growth, for a variety of reasons.
It can be off, especially if a drug addicted mom is giving height and weight info. She may not know these things. That makes me sad to type but it may be true.

EDITED TO ADD: I have no way of knowing if she's drug addicted so sorry for that, but she's been arrested, ordered not to live with this and works nights in a gentleman's club...I'd say keeping up to date on babies height and weight charts may not be her strong suite.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

On the growth chart, 20 pounds at 21 months old (for a boy) is below the 0% range. So it is a bit underweight actually. But I think it's hard to say if it's 'okay' for him or not since we don't know how his growth has been for the last 21 months. If he's always been smaller, many doctors won't be super concerned, I don't think. I could be wrong though. My only experience is with a child in the higher percentile range.

Also, do we really know if 20 pounds is even accurate? I doubt they pulled his medical records (though I am new to this whole missing person world, so maybe they do?) And many parents probably don't know their kids exact weight at any given time. So maybe they just said "20 pounds" to authorities but in reality he is larger.

Yes, the average weight range for a 21-month-old boy is:

21 months
Boys: 23.6 - 27.5 pounds
http://www.babycenter.com/0_your-childs-size-and-growth-timeline_10357633.bc

He surely doesn't look emaciated in the photo. I'm sure the parents just said 20-something pounds when asked his weight.

Is that not endangering the welfare of a child?

I'm going to tentatively cut the mother a bit of slack because:

a) she is cooperating with the police and is considered a victim

b) we don't know that she even knew about this guy's background. Who knows what he told her?!

c) we don't know a lot about her background but it seems like something weird happened in the last few months. Up until a few months ago, she was living with her husband (CB) and two kids in Mcclenny. I'm sure it wasn't exactly Leave it to Beaver, but it seems like they may have had a regular existence. Then something happened and she's left CB to live with Ebron and she is working infrequently at a gentleman's club. When they were arrested last month, Ebron had a number of drugs on him including meth. We have all seen or heard of the ways meth can mess a person up, and fast.

Not making excuses, just observations. Of course, I am not a good judge of character and I could be totally misreading things. I reserve the right to change my opinion at anytime lol, but that is how I see things right now.

b) we don't know that she even knew about this guy's background. Who knows what he told her?!

c) we don't know a lot about her background but it seems like something weird happened in the last few months. Up until a few months ago, she was living with her husband (CB) and two kids in Mcclenny. I'm sure it wasn't exactly Leave it to Beaver, but it seems like they may have had a regular existence. Then something happened and she's left CB to live with Ebron and she is working infrequently at a gentleman's club. When they were arrested last month, Ebron had a number of drugs on him including meth. We have all seen or heard of the ways meth can mess a person up, and fast.

Not making excuses, just observations. Of course, I am not a good judge of character and I could be totally misreading things. I reserve the right to change my opinion at anytime lol, but that is how I see things right now.

A lot of women in these situations feel 100% trapped and it's very easy for all us to say ' why would you stay or let this man be around your kids'. But the reality is she was likely terrified to ' disobey' his orders. You heard him per the x saying nothing can touch him. If he believes that and he's able to convey that in a believable way, then people probably are going to fear him. He probably told her if you try to leave, try to tell, try to call the cops, I'll do xyz to you , your family, your kids, etc. Doesn't mean it's right. Just probably how it went. **speculative **

ETA For the record, I'm not saying she's blamless or that she should not be charged with negligence or endangering the child. I'm just speculating why so many women stay in dangerous situations. I wonder what the mother(s)? of his own 3 children have to say about his ' parenting' skills.

But we know she was arrested with him and WAS NOT supposed to be anywhere NEAR him.....

They were arrested for drugs and recently!
To me that's endangerment

I don't believe that she felt trapped, or anyway, I don't believe that she was in fact, trapped. She has family, the kid's dad has family.

There's no reason to bring this felon and abuser into the picture, except she wanted him there. IMHO.

A lot of women in these situations feel 100% trapped and it's very easy for all us to say ' why would you stay or let this man be around your kids'. But the reality is she was likely terrified to ' disobey' his orders. You heard him per the x saying nothing can touch him. If he believes that and he's able to convey that in a believable way, then people probably are going to fear him. He probably told her if you try to leave, try to tell, try to call the cops, I'll do xyz to you , your family, your kids, etc. Doesn't mean it's right. Just probably how it went. **speculative **

ETA For the record, I'm not saying she's blamless or that she should not be charged with negligence or endangering the child. I'm just speculating why so many women stay in dangerous situations. I wonder what the mother(s)? of his own 3 children have to say about his ' parenting' skills.
All of what you say is true Schmae, but also it could be that she stays with him because he provides her drugs. I guess I'm just tired of all the reasons why a mother would put her babies in the way of danger and unspeakable horrors.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members