GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I took that as an LE tactic to either have Ruben confess or appeal to Ruben's family/friends to put pressure on him.
I also took this meaning from that sentence.

Ugh, I hate the way things sound after that press conference. It really sounds like the dirt bag boyfriend may have told them he dumped little Lonzie into a pond or something but maybe didn't know which one exactly. I really hope that isn't true, of course. But I think the only way this child could still be out there alive would be if he was given or sold to someone. But they said that they don't believe anyone else has him. So that's not a good sign. This makes me sick.

With the amount of kids missing here from Jacksonville in the past month, why do we not know this? Is it because most are near adults so it isnt as "important"? Even tho most are 17 this is a startling fact to me living here o_O Possibly all runaways besides the baby?

kids.jpg

"It could have been a mistake. A mistake that can be rectified." ??????

One of LE's possible scenarios is that poor Lonzie got hold of his drugs and overdosed. Ebron, with his record and history, has gone the route of disappearing him instead of manning up and doing the right thing?

One of LE's possible scenarios is that poor Lonzie got hold of his drugs and overdosed. Ebron, with his record and history, has gone the route of disappearing him instead of manning up and doing the right thing?

I can see this being a real possibility.

With a lot of the recent losses of young ones we've been seeing cycle through WS, it seems that most have been exactly this. Some sort of accident that the adult has decided to attempt to cover up instead of just facing the truth and dealing with the consequences.

While not acceptable, accidents do happen. It doesn't mean we're evil, it means we're stupid. Why take actions that add insult to injury?

So POI is biding his time so decomp will make it hard to prove abuse. Got to hold out for a sweet deal too. Then he can admit it was a mistake like hyperthermia from being left in a car or some other such "accident". POI already has been charged with assaulting several times and child cruelty. My patience is wearing thin.

I think this is just a carrot.

With a lot of the recent losses of young ones we've been seeing cycle through WS, it seems that most have been exactly this. Some sort of accident that the adult has decided to attempt to cover up instead of just facing the truth and dealing with the consequences.

While not acceptable, accidents do happen. It doesn't mean we're evil, it means we're stupid. Why take actions that add insult to injury?

Because he was on probation and wasn't supposed to be on drugs or around Lonzie's mother. Although that was one of the first things he mentioned: 'I'm on blow. I left them in the car to do blow. LOOK AT ALL MY COKE' Well, not really the last part, but he wasn't trying to hide that; in fact, it figured in his original 'i'm a carjacking/kidnapping vicitm' narrative.

Given that we know he thinks he's invincible and untouchable and that the cops could never pin anything on him, I think that whatever happened, he hid Lonzie's body because he thinks no body=no evidence=no jail for him. Not being the sharpest tool in the shed, he doesn't think about neglect or endangerment, or Florida's seemingly tough drug laws (not from there, so not sure). Now he's digging his heels in because he's mad and embarrassed that he's in jail so he's not saying anything.

I don't know if that makes sense as I've not had any coffee yet, but that is what I currently think. *subject to change*

So POI is biding his time so decomp will make it hard to prove abuse. Got to hold out for a sweet deal too. Then he can admit it was a mistake like hyperthermia from being left in a car or some other such "accident". POI already has been charged with assaulting several times and child cruelty. My patience is wearing thin.

That seems unlikely considering it's hot but you just got me thinking leaving a toddler in a car anywhere in July, much less FL , is very risky. When folks run off to do some dope, they lose track of time very ,very quickly. His ' two minutes' could easily have been an hour or two. Maybe the car was not running and windows up and Lonzie got too hot. **speculative**

AS I read along I can't get Haleigh Cummings from my mind or at least Ebron having heard of missing Haleigh.

This morning's press conference:

[video=youtube;8uOg0WNk4Qg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uOg0WNk4Qg[/video]

"He's lying to us... he's trying to manipulate investigators." I'd like to manipulate Ebron's face a little. :furious: Kudos to LE for their professional, organized investigation. I believe they will find Lonzie.

Police have not named Ebron a suspect, but police have issued an arrest warrant against him for violating his bond in an unrelated Baker County drug case.

Ebron and Lonzie’s mother, Lonna Lauramore, are co-defendants in that drug case. Ebron was arrested May 30 on five drug charges, for tampering with evidence and resisting arrest without violence. Lauramore was arrested on three drug charges.

As a condition of his bond, he wasn’t supposed to contact Lauramore. In fact, they are living together, the affidavit said.

He also wasn’t supposed to be out after 7 p.m. or use drugs.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...ing-drugs-time-affidavit#.VbLiQOlBcxU.twitter

Thanks for this post! I thought I read where the mother was arrested along with the BF- but then, confused things when BF was only arrested.
So, they both were arrested in May on drug charges.
People were wondering about a connection between Haleigh & Lonzie as cousins. The blaring connection to me is DRUGS! These poor children!

This link:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story...rking-possible-child-abduction-case/30607457/

has the May 30 drug arrest report and motion to revoke bond at the bottom of the page. You can also go here where it's a little easier to read. Click on Full View:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/272513056/Drug-Arrest-Report-Ebron

Motion to revoke bond:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/272516491/Ebron-Motion-to-revoke-bond

MsMarple posted the arrest report from the June incident with Lonzie's mother and Ebron. I just went back to look at it again, but it is coming up as deleted. I knew I should have saved it. Anyone else able to pull it up (i.e. I'm bad at technology and internetting)?

[video=twitter;625299649319038978]https://twitter.com/jsopio/status/625299649319038978[/video]

Yes, is his mother and/or father alive? Siblings, grandparents? Hopefully they are all urging him to tell the truth about Lonzie. Maybe even a pastor that is willing to try to reason with him.

Right. No way do I believe this was an "accident" unless by that one means, "Well I meant I beat him brutally but i didn't actually mean to beat him to death."

MsMarple posted the arrest report from the June incident with Lonzie's mother and Ebron. I just went back to look at it again, but it is coming up as deleted. I knew I should have saved it. Anyone else able to pull it up (i.e. I'm bad at technology and internetting)?

I'll join you in the "wish I woulda" club. Argh. There were additional files attached also - a real treasure trove of info. What surprised me is that they were all posted by msm and then deleted. They may surface again - I'm keeping an eye out.

That seems unlikely considering it's hot but you just got me thinking leaving a toddler in a car anywhere in July, much less FL , is very risky. When folks run off to do some dope, they lose track of time very ,very quickly. His ' two minutes' could easily have been an hour or two. Maybe the car was not running and windows up and Lonzie got too hot. **speculative**

yes, so following this scenario, along with LE not believing the 'abduction' story, means that this did not happen between 2-2:30am. Much earlier in the day. But that is the time Lonzie's mother was to be home, so POI had to get a story to explain the disappearance to mother. Since the 'car was stolen' theory was a lie, The 5 yr. old probably wasn't even around.

Hyperthermia. Not hypothermia.

People are going to hate me for saying this but....I see a lot of assumptions being made regarding the lack of concern coming from Lonna and Chris Barton as well as their parenting abilities or lack thereof ect...

I think it is important to note that Cheif Hackney has been concerned all along about providing them with answers. I also think there is something to be said about his decision not to involve the public in search efforts as I'm sure he had his own suspicions about Ebron from the start but could not voice that suspicion to the public without evidence to back it up.

That being said, I am certain he could have and probably did share his concerns with Lonzie's families. If he genuinely thought this was an abduction from the start, in my opinion, this entire investigation would have played out differently with regards to asking for assistance in search efforts from the public as well as pleas made to the public by Lonna and Chris for whomever had Lonzie to return him unharmed.

Furthermore, while I agree that the issues of domestic violence on part of the Chris Barton, drugs on Lonna's part, as well as Lonna neglectfully allowing someone like Ebron to care for her children are issues that should have been addressed and dealt with; the simple fact is that they weren't and as a result they will not likely ever see their sweet baby boys face again...at least not as it was before.

No, they were not smart or great caregivers and yes, they lived selfishly with a mindset that things couldn't or wouldn't happen to them BUT that does not mean they do not love their children. It simply means that they have not had to learn hard lessons in life and probably did not have the best upbringing themselves.

We don't need to keep bashing them right now because I guarantee you, based on the impression I am getting from Cheif Hackney, the end result here is going to crush them beyond comprehension. I believe Detective Hackney sees that these parents do care or he wouldn't keep making personal reference to getting them answers. Just my opinion but we've all made mistakes in life and it is not our place to judge....as long as they are innocent in Lonzie's disappearance, then anything and everything else can be addressed later. My heart goes out to them, I can't even imagine the hurt they are experiencing right now....this is the ultimate price for anyone to have to pay for mistakes made along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654