GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a general question. If caregivers of minors are arrested for drugs, does CPS get involved? Do they investigate the welfare of the children living with people charged with drugs? I don't know.

Yes, is his mother and/or father alive? Siblings, grandparents? Hopefully they are all urging him to tell the truth about Lonzie. Maybe even a pastor that is willing to try to reason with him.

Hi father is, because Ebron assaulted him when he assaulted his ex-gf. And when Ebron tried to kidnap his children from his ex, it was Ebron's father who stopped it. Other than that, which is discussed in the article linked below (and throughout the thread), I don't know about other family members. He definitely has some around, and they do seem aware of how he acts and how violent he can be.

Here is a snippet from the article:
"He was arrested again in late 2011 on a domestic battery charge. He would’ve had a 3-year-old and a 2-year-old at the time. The Duval County Clerk’s Office hasn’t yet made the arrest report available, but a domestic violence injunction his ex-girlfriend filed said he punched her in the jaw while she was driving, he wrestled his father and he beat her while she was holding their son.

In September 2013, a judge lifted the restraining order, allowing him access to the ex-girlfriend and the kids.

In November 2014, she filed another injunction. He had shown up and tried to take the children away from her. His father and his ex-girlfriend stopped him, but then he tried to intercept the kids from a bus."

The article also mentions that Ebron was supposed to show up for a hearing on Tuesday, but didn't. Then all this with Lonzie goes down a few days later.

http://jacksonville.com/breaking-ne...harged-neglect-was-using#.VbLiQOlBcxU.twitter

Did anybody else find it odd that Ebron was ordered to stay away from Lonna after their joint drug arrest?

I have a general question. If caregivers of minors are arrested for drugs, does CPS get involved? Do they investigate the welfare of the children living with people charged with drugs? I don't know.

DCF and CPS generally only get involved if someone involves them or if a charge against a parent warrants their getting involved. My mother works for DCF in Jax and I can tell you right now that they do not have the time, people, or resources to follow up on every parent with bad habits. She works in the childcare division and often works with CPI's on cases and in the past 3 years or so they have cut their division alone in half and it keeps getting worse.

Anything ever reported about whether or not LE ever searched the home "after dark" and conducted luminol testing?

This POI is not going to "get it off his chest". He isn't going to "give it up". When are women going to quit leaving their children with men like this.....

Never. That is why these cases come up with shocking frequency. <modsnip>. There is a reason we see these cases on WS all the time.

And these are just the children who die. There are a great many out there who are being abused.

I haven't seen on this thread much bashing of Lonzie's mother or any of the bio-dad. Most posts are against Ebron & IMO are deserved based on his past violent arrest records & what LE has said about him. JMO

People are going to hate me for saying this but....I see a lot of assumptions being made regarding the lack of concern coming from Lonna and Chris Barton as well as their parenting abilities or lack thereof ect...

That being said, I am certain he could have and probably did share his concerns with Lonzie's families. If he genuinely thought this was an abduction from the start, in my opinion, this entire investigation would have played out differently with regards to asking for assistance in search efforts from the public as well as pleas made to the public by Lonna and Chris for whomever had Lonzie to return him unharmed.

Furthermore, while I agree that the issues of domestic violence on part of the Chris Barton, drugs on Lonna's part, as well as Lonna neglectfully allowing someone like Ebron to care for her children are issues that should have been addressed and dealt with; the simple fact is that they weren't and as a result they will not likely ever see their sweet baby boys face again...at least not as it was before.

SBM
I agree with pretty much everything you said, I just snipped the post because I didn't need to quote it all.

If you look at the news article I posted in my previous reply, you will see that Ebron has been known to police since at least 2005. He has essentially been terrorizing his ex-gf and her family for many, many years and she kept reporting him and getting restraining orders, etc. He allegedly threatened her, and threatened to kidnap her kids, assaulted and raped her, assaulted her family members and his own father. I could go on.

We don't know how long Lonzie's mom knew this guy, but it seems like he showed up in her life around March-ish. I am not a gambler, but i would bet a lot of money that she didn't know the extent of what a terrible person he is. I really don't think she knew all of what he has been accused of and what he is capable of doing. This is not to excuse her obviously questionable and reckless behaviour, but I just don't think she knew the extent of it.

tl;dr: this guy was bad, and has been bad for a long time and while his ex-gf has been going through the proper channels for a long time, he was out and about and I don't think Lonna or Lonzie stood a chance.

JMO
IMO
etc.

I haven't seen on this thread much bashing of Lonzie's mother or any of the bio-dad. Most posts are against Ebron & IMO are deserved based on his past violent arrest records & what LE has said about him. JMO

There are quite a few mentions of the mom and a few of the dad if you read back through the comments. As for Ebron, yes I agree.

DCF and CPS generally only get involved if someone involves them or if a charge against a parent warrants their getting involved. My mother works for DCF in Jax and I can tell you right now that they do not have the time, people, or resources to follow up on every parent with bad habits. She works in the childcare division and often works with CPI's on cases and in the past 3 years or so they have cut their division alone in half and it keeps getting worse.

This I can agree with. We called police/animal control last week because a dog was chasing and biting kids in our community. We captured dog and gave it food and water and put it in our garage until someone could remove it. Took two days. Sheriff said with all the budget cuts there isn't a lot of resources to move fast on anything. I stated "that explains why people here in Jacksonville can get away with robbing stores and banks with bikes and get away?" He said "exactly". I stated "oh that's comforting NOT."

thank you for this helpful post! I had no idea what would determine their investigation.

SBM
I agree with pretty much everything you said, I just snipped the post because I didn't need to quote it all.

If you look at the news article I posted in my previous reply, you will see that Ebron has been known to police since at least 2005. He has essentially been terrorizing his ex-gf and her family for many, many years and she kept reporting him and getting restraining orders, etc. He allegedly threatened her, and threatened to kidnap her kids, assaulted and raped her, assaulted her family members and his own father. I could go on.

We don't know how long Lonzie's mom knew this guy, but it seems like he showed up in her life around March-ish. I am not a gambler, but i would bet a lot of money that she didn't know the extent of what a terrible person he is. I really don't think she knew all of what he has been accused of and what he is capable of doing. This is not to excuse her obviously questionable and reckless behaviour, but I just don't think she knew the extent of it.

tl;dr: this guy was bad, and has been bad for a long time and while his ex-gf has been going through the proper channels for a long time, he was out and about and I don't think Lonna or Lonzie stood a chance.

JMO
IMO
etc.

Agreed....that's how I feel also.

It's so sad, I have watched my mom go from being in a position she loves to being completely stressed out constantly.

This I can agree with. We called police/animal control last week because a dog was chasing and biting kids in our community. We captured dog and gave it food and water and put it in our garage until someone could remove it. Took two days. Sheriff said with all the budget cuts there isn't a lot of resources to move fast on anything. I stated "that explains why people here in Jacksonville can get away with robbing stores and banks with bikes and get away?" He said "exactly". I stated "oh that's comforting NOT."

Definitely not comforting. Please, please complain to your elected officials. THEY are the ones who cut budgets to these ridiculous points. It will not change unless you complain about the budget cuts.

SBM

JMO
IMO
etc.

BBM-
Wow! if mom maybe just got involved with him around March, then she gets arrested with him by March 30- that's just awful! He got her involved so fast in his bad behavior. Based on his past, she was going to be terrorized by him like his ex was! Now, look what happened!

This is exactly why mothers should not have men they do not know watching their kids.

It is why men shouldn't disappear or kill kids under their care. It is why domestic violence needs to be taken more seriously. It is why more funding needs to be given to social services and police budgets.

BBM-
Wow! if mom maybe just got involved with him around March, then she gets arrested with him by March 30- that's just awful! He got her involved so fast in his bad behavior. Based on his past, she was going to be terrorized by him like his ex was! Now, look what happened!

Pretty sure their arrests were in June? I can't go back and look. Maybe someone else can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo