GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything ever reported about whether or not LE ever searched the home "after dark" and conducted luminol testing?

Yes Friday night they did that and it was stated in a presser earlier in day they would be doing a night search of apt.

It is why men shouldn't disappear or kill kids under their care. It is why domestic violence needs to be taken more seriously. It is why more funding needs to be given to social services and police budgets.

Domestic violence is taken very seriously, and there are loads of resources available to women who are the victims of it. I do not think that the average person understands the kind of people who are out there in this world. Their lives revolve around chaos and drug abuse. You can offer them all the resources in the world but it makes no difference.

No mother should have some guy she just met caring for her children. Of course the man who commits these crimes is 100% in the wrong, but the mother who negligently placed her kids in harm's way is also in the wrong.

I have a few questions if anyone can remember.
The Kangaroo stop is verified right? I thought I remembered that the timing of that stop was somewhere between midnight and 1AM. Didn't LE remove a computer from that gas station?
Did someone have information that the POI used to live in a trailer park on Phillips Highway? There are several. I'm getting confused.
Where was that little girl the whole time?

I'm becoming very jaundiced in my dealings with drugs, child abuse and neglect, and munchausen by proxy cases, so please forgive me. But the decomp worked for Casey Anthony and perps are very cagey and smart. No one could dispute an accident. He's biding his time.

Pretty sure their arrests were in June? I can't go back and look. Maybe someone else can.

thanks, it was May. Still within 2 mon., she got arrested with him. That was a sign that her future was going to be negative.
twitter is posting #findlonzie that divers are in the pond & using sonar. I am so sad.

www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/26/florida-police-id-suspect-in-toddler-disappearance/?intcmp=hpbt4

The Barton family confirmed that Lonzie's father is related to the mother of Haleigh Cummings, who disappeared from her Putnam County, Fla., home in February 2009.

It certainly is a "small world".

Seems to happen over and over again... with these innocents falling prey to their mothers' boyfriends. Wish little Lonzie was fine and just being cared for by someone. :(

:moo:

It is why men shouldn't disappear or kill kids under their care. It is why domestic violence needs to be taken more seriously. It is why more funding needs to be given to social services and police budgets.

And why family members ( aunts, cousins, siblings, parents , etc ) who KNOW your family member is mistreating a child need to call 911 every time you see it. This has not been the case in this case, that we've heard as of yet, at least. But so many of these cases, some cousin will come out after the fact and say ' i saw them beating on the baby and told them to stop last month''. WHY ? How long can a 20 or 30 lb kid taking a beating from an adult? Not to mention if they're smacking them around in front of you , what do you think they're doing when no one is watching? Quit protecting these adults ! If you're too afraid to turn them in , then imagine the fear of that baby !!!!!! Stepping away because rants are backing up in my fingers that I cannot contain.

Find baby Lonzie !

Right. No way do I believe this was an "accident" unless by that one means, "Well I meant I beat him brutally but i didn't actually mean to beat him to death."
Amen Gitana1 !!!! :'(

I'm becoming very jaundiced in my dealings with drugs, child abuse and neglect, and munchausen by proxy cases, so please forgive me. But the decomp worked for Casey Anthony and perps are very cagey and smart. No one could dispute an accident. He's biding his time.

Although we are pretty much always sure as to who caused the child's death, there is definitely always a strong reasonable doubt in these cases that it was first degree murder. I actually generally believe that in most of these "baby abduction" cases that the reason the child died was from an accident stemming from severe neglect (i.e. Caylee Anthony).

I have a few questions if anyone can remember.
The Kangaroo stop is verified right? I thought I remembered that the timing of that stop was somewhere between midnight and 1AM. Didn't LE remove a computer from that gas station?
Did someone have information that the POI used to live in a trailer park on Phillips Highway? There are several. I'm getting confused.
Where was that little girl the whole time?

http://jacksonville.com/breaking-ne...nt-affidavit-william-ruben-ebron-jr-drug-case , at the affidavit's page 4 it says about Kangaroo stop.

www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/26/florida-police-id-suspect-in-toddler-disappearance/?intcmp=hpbt4

The Barton family confirmed that Lonzie's father is related to the mother of Haleigh Cummings, who disappeared from her Putnam County, Fla., home in February 2009.

Seems to happen over and over again... with these innocents falling prey to their mothers' boyfriends. Wish little Lonzie was fine and just being cared for by someone. :(

There is a reason they call all this stuff a cycle. I have always had a soft spot for children who live in that world.

And why family members ( aunts, cousins, siblings, parents , etc ) who KNOW your family member is mistreating a child need to call 911 every time you see it. This has not been the case in this case, that we've heard as of yet, at least. But so many of these cases, some cousin will come out after the fact and say ' i saw them beating on the baby and told them to stop last month''. WHY ? How long can a 20 or 30 lb kid taking a beating from an adult? Not to mention if they're smacking them around in front of you , what do you think they're doing when no one is watching? Quit protecting these adults ! If you're too afraid to turn them in , then imagine the fear of that baby !!!!!! Stepping away because rants are backing up in my fingers that I cannot contain.

Find baby Lonzie !
I've had to back off too Schmae because the rage I feel is so powerful. I have held countless infants going through withdrawal. Mom gets Subutex or methadone. Infant is seizing or screeching for days/weeks. I've cuddled abuse cases and been heartbroken to have to relinquish them back to abusive families. It's demoralizing and I need to retire soon!!!

I've had to back off too Schmae because the rage I feel is so powerful. I have held countless infant's going through withdrawal. Mom gets Subutex or methadone. Infant is seizing or screeching for days/weeks. I've cuddled abuse cases and been heartbroken to have to relinquish them back to abusive families. It's demoralizing and I need to retire soon!!!

This is the thing. A lot of people wonder why no one got the kids help. It is the same thing when a mentally ill person murders people - the public is demanding to know why the family members never got help. I have seen this first hand and there is not much help you can get a child or a mentally ill person. A friend of mine with schizophrenia cannot be placed anywhere for more than a few days and her child whom she neglected and took along with her on her highly risky escapades was taken away and given back numerous times. It took years of this nonsense for the paternal grandmother to finally get control of the situation and get the child. Meanwhile the poor child went through hell.

The problem is that we as society decided that keeping the family together is more important than a child's safety and well-being, and so now parents are given countless chances to straighten up. I sometimes think that we as adults forget that three or four years is not a lot of time to us but it is a crucial amount of time for a child's development. My mentally ill friend's daughter is eight years old now and she is just now finally getting some stability in her life.

For all those here demanding to know why no one called CPS or anything, keep in mind that it is entirely possible that people did.

That seems unlikely considering it's hot but you just got me thinking leaving a toddler in a car anywhere in July, much less FL , is very risky. When folks run off to do some dope, they lose track of time very ,very quickly. His ' two minutes' could easily have been an hour or two. Maybe the car was not running and windows up and Lonzie got too hot. **speculative**
I just hope that's all he was doing when he "left" baby in car.

This is the thing. A lot of people wonder why no one got the kids help. It is the same thing when a mentally ill person murders people - the public is demanding to know why the family members never got help. I have seen this first hand and there is not much help you can get a child or a mentally ill person. A friend of mine with schizophrenia cannot be placed anywhere for more than a few days and her child whom she neglected and took along with her on her highly risky escapades was taken away and given back numerous times. It took years of this nonsense for the paternal grandmother to finally get control of the situation and get the child. Meanwhile the poor child went through hell.

The problem is that we as society decided that keeping the family together is more important than a child's safety and well-being, and so now parents are given countless chances to straighten up. I sometimes think that we as adults forget that three or four years is not a lot of time to us but it is a crucial amount of time for a child's development. My mentally ill friend's daughter is eight years old now and she is just now finally getting some stability in her life.

For all those here demanding to know why no one called CPS or anything, keep in mind that it is entirely possible that people did.
I'm so with you there Fireweed. Even medical reporting is ignored.

Both Lonie's parents are related to Haleigh?

Domestic violence is taken very seriously, and there are loads of resources available to women who are the victims of it. I do not think that the average person understands the kind of people who are out there in this world. Their lives revolve around chaos and drug abuse. You can offer them all the resources in the world but it makes no difference.

No mother should have some guy she just met caring for her children. Of course the man who commits these crimes is 100% in the wrong, but the mother who negligently placed her kids in harm's way is also in the wrong.

RBBM

Yes, I see how seriously Domestic Violence was taken in this case: So seriously that the suspect, who had a lengthy and ongoing history of domestic violence against females, against his own and others' children, against his own father, combined with drug use, did not appear for his hearing on Tuesday, and yet was still walking around on Friday.

Yes, DV is taken very seriously, but obvi not in all cases and in all parts of the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966