GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All of these are great points. I don't know if you are from the area or not, I am assuming not based on your reference to the maps. There's some things these maps don't show, now don't get me wrong....the maps are great but there are many access points to the water that no map would necessarily show or it wouldn't be obvious to the viewer how secluded an area near the water may be. Here's the thing; if you grew up in the area as I did, or even after living there long enough you begin to learn that there are numerous secluded areas that provide access to the water that won't necessarily put you in danger and that are secluded enough that you may never be noticed. For instance, I can think of numerous little back country sort of two lane roads that are completely bordered by water on at least one side. I'm talking roads where you could drive miles at night and never pass a car and could easily park your car on the side of the road and walk directly up to the river bank. There are also bridges, such as the shands bridge, where tons of people park and fish at both ends of the bridge or they will park and trek through the woods to a more secluded fishing spot. These are not areas that people would be surprised to see a car stopped or someone pushing a cooler or whatever the case may be, they are also secluded enough that there's a great possibility of no one even passing by for 20/30 minutes that late at night. The area I specifically referred to is not an area WRE was known to have gone, however, the two hour time frame unaccounted for means he literally could have gone anywhere and there are NUMEROUS areas like this.....ESPECIALLY on Jacksonville's Northside.

This is spot on. WRE has lived at about 10 different addresses spread throughout Duval and Baker Counties. Baker County is positively rural and Duval is sparsely populated in some areas. The places he would have been familiar with are infinite. Yes, he did live with his parents on and off over the years and would have become familiar with the more rural Northside areas just from driving back and forth. Lots of preservation land.

The weather is another factor. It was raining hard enough that night to keep ME from driving anywhere. I was monitoring the weather radar watching a line of back to back storms coming in from the northeast . I was waiting for it to pass over, but it kept coming so I ended up staying home. There probably were not many cars on the road.

Has the presser started yet? I see a number of officers talking, that doesn't look good.

Noon update:

Short statement from Sheriff Williams. Then Chief Hackney gives update.

70 people out looking. Things wrapping up at end of today.

Very, very active investigation still. At any given time search can ramp back up.

$12,800 – someone can do a lot with that money.

No more noon updates. Will update if any breaks.

Talks about how personal it is to everyone. Thanks community for support.

Q & A

Investigative team will comb through all the information that has come in. Building case against man responsible for Lonzie”s disappearance.

Evidence all points to Ebron. He lied.

Hackney has tried to share as much as he can. Doesn't want to build Ebron's defense for him.

Plea for information – can remain anonymous.

Lonna still cooperating. Reporter asks if she could be covering for Ebron – Hackney says “she better not be.” Reiterates anyone involved will be arrested.

Ebron holds the key.

Any other people JSO is looking into? Hackney kind of sidesteps and says focus is on Ebron.

End

So sad. :(

You can watch the presser archived here:

https://www.periscope.tv/w/aI41njE5NTkzMTR8NTIzOTEzNjl9Q7IlCwBS5X9IWjHLAPWoU4Ye4md_CT8DvhJJ9KuV3A==

The water area in the photo a couple of posts back is probably part of the paper mill nearby, I would guess it is some sort of water treatment pond for the effluent from the paper mill. It is probably fenced off.

Yes the Northside has the most potential places to hide a body, but my understanding is he spent more time on the Southside that night, so it is hard to tell where he would have taken him. The Westside is also very rural and he would have to go through the Westside to get to and from Baker County. The possibilities are truly endless.

For the person who wanted to know where to look on the map, the area of the Northside they were looking at would be everything in the 32226 area code, so look north of the St. Johns, east of I-95 all the way to the Nassau River, which is the county line. He previously lived near the Nassau River

Noon update:

Thank you, I just turned it on and saw a number of them talking together with no sound. I thought they were getting ready to tell some bad news. :( This is so sad, they should just go ahead and start proceedings on Ebron.

After his last few pressers, I think his opinion is getting more obvious.

Especially if what Ebron's parents said about Lonna visiting him at the jail is true; that's got to burn Hackney's butt. Badly. :furious:

Another thing crossed my mind, i hope this was not some kind of warning for Ebron & LL from one of the drug related associations they had going on that could of been PO'ed in a bad way, owing a lot of money or some such thing? Those type of people don't play nice if they get screwed over. I don't think Ebron would come clean about that either, especially not being in the prison system etc. Who knows it seems such a convoluted case. Poor Lonzie, :(

Another thing crossed my mind, i hope this was not some kind of warning for Ebron & LL from one of the drug related associations they had going on that could of been PO'ed in a bad way, owing a lot of money or some such thing? Those type of people don't play nice if they get screwed over. I don't think Ebron would come clean about that either, especially not being in the prison system etc. Who knows it seems such a convoluted case. Poor Lonzie, :(

It was some serious drugs they had in the May drug bust, and it's looking like he's a dealer. I'm sure all his drug friends are really worried what he might spill in jail.

From what I've read/understood, the charges he is being held for don't have anything to do with Lonzie's disappearance. He's still only a "suspect". He legally can't be held for longer than 72 hrs (iirc) without an arrest.

BBM

--he's currently charged, by the JSO, w/ 2 counts of child neglect (not charged w/ the disappearance of lonzie, but is their "primary suspect".) and held on a $100,006 bond.

--the child neglect X2 (is obviously, IMO, due to the neglect of Lonzie and his sister, leaving one or more alone in the car etc.)

http://www.wfmynews2.com/story/news...ng-toddlers-moms-boyfriend-is-lying/30662703/

Huh. I had assumed that the 2x counts of child neglect were in regard to Lonzie and his sister, but the presser linked above from 25 July states otherwise. Thanks for finding that info.
I wonder what other children WRE had been neglecting? Certainly not the 15-20 that his parents say he cares for. :rolleyes:

"she better not be"
so sad
jmho

It is sad. And its sad that the searches are wrapping up today without having found Lonzie.

Especially if what Ebron's parents said about Lonna visiting him at the jail is true; that's got to burn Hackney's butt. Badly. :furious:

Are you saying that JSO allowed Lonzies own mother to visit Ebron in Jail.?

It was some serious drugs they had in the May drug bust, and it's looking like he's a dealer. I'm sure all his drug friends are really worried what he might spill in jail.

Exactly.

This is just thinking outloud, so to be speak but I wonder if LE have talked to Ronald Cummings to find out if he knows WE.

WE is most likely a drug dealer and hangs around strip clubs. (Drug use is very common for these girls.) Did he meet Cummings and through that connection every see Haliegh?

Not everyone has the skill, for lack of a better word, to hide a body. Could WE have done this before? Are there bodies of water in the middle maybe not looked at yet? With lots of alligators or wildlife? Is there knowledge from the criminal subculture of where a body can disappear?

Just thinking, no facts.

Wonder if he worked at Millennium metals?

I can't see an angry dealer taking Lonzie, let alone murdering him over a money debt. There's no guarantee that Ebron wouldn't tell LE all about it. Besides there being no evidence of such an occurrence what dealer would risk a murder charge of a baby, which screams "death penalty case," over money owed? It makes more sense that he'd beat Ebron or Lonna up.

If she really visited him in jail, then they could hold her for violating the no contact order. I think that the news had footage of Lonna going to the jail to talk to investigators and purposely showed that at the same time as his parents said Lonna and WRE saw each other. Even if she did visit him, there would be no hugging and kissing. This isn't OITNB...it is real life.

While I agree that Hackney seems to have changed his tune with regard to Lonna, I choose not to believe the visit story unless there is proof. I do think that something happened to cause Hackney to see her differently (and I would like to know what it is!), it just isn't this supposed romantic visit.

Are you saying that JSO allowed Lonzies own mother to visit Ebron in Jail.?

I'm saying Ebron's parents claimed Lonna visited Ebron in jail. I don't know if they were only saying what Ebron had told them or if they knew it for a fact. Hard to tell.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story...2--abc-25-at-6-rubens-parents-speak/30952975/
Ruben Ebron's parents speak with Jeannie Blaylock

--at approx.: 4:47

Reporter: "Today, the parents of the suspect, Mr. and Mrs Ebron, told me that Lonzie's Mom was also was in seeing their son in jail, and the 2 of them were allowed to hug and kiss yesterday. According to the Ebron's , ruben and Lonzie's Mom, were in the process of getting matching tattoos, and they love each other."

-BBM
--no, we got that from the reporter, who said she was told that by ruben's parents.

I can't see an angry dealer taking Lonzie, let alone murdering him over a money debt. There's no guarantee that Ebron wouldn't tell LE all about it. Besides there being no evidence of such an occurrence what dealer would risk a murder charge of a baby, which screams "death penalty case," over money owed? It makes more sense that he'd beat Ebron or Lonna up.

I was just speculating about it and don't really know what lengths druggies go to when they want to teach someone a lesson, and if high on drugs they are not operating on a normal and rational level, but they do some pretty nasty stuff from what i have heard and read. It may or may not be out of the realm of possibilities? This case makes me think of Haleigh Cummings.

I'm saying Ebron's parents claimed Lonna visited Ebron in jail. I don't know if they were only saying what Ebron had told them or if they knew it for a fact. Hard to tell.

His parents are full of BS....you can not kiss or hug in Duval Jail at all....Ebron is being held in a protective cell there. Ebron is feeding his parents and reporters load of BS....Duval Jail has a visiting room that has phones that you use to talk to prisoners...you can not touch them though the heavy plexi glass that is up....you have a stool too sit on while you talk to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo