GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't buy the "test run" theory. Too risky in broad daylight, and the car was allegedly there for a long time. Either the neighbor was mistaken about the car or times (Hackney said that sighting was "unrelated'), OR, there is actually another reason. A new theory I'm tossing out....suppose there is a drug house nearby and Ruben spent time there earlier in the day using/buying...so he admits to the early visit and plants the seed that it may be related....now he has the perfect suspects to frame. A car found outside a dope house, who do you think they will blame? Other dealers/users. Or Maybe he hoped by leaving it there it would be quickly stolen.

I don't buy the "test run" theory. Too risky in broad daylight, and the car was allegedly there for a long time. Either the neighbor was mistaken about the car or times (Hackney said that sighting was "unrelated'), OR, there is actually another reason. A new theory I'm tossing out....suppose there is a drug house nearby and Ruben spent time there earlier in the day using/buying. he admits this indiscretion to the police, while planting the seed that the car was taken by one of the other dealers/users who frequent the house.

Another poster had a theory that WRE parked there to avoid detection. By whom? Not sure, but he had skipped a court date on Tuesday, Lonzie's Dad wasn't too happy with the situation, and WRE was also busy terrorizing his ex-gf. In any case, there were a number of people he may have been trying to avoid, so that might be another plausible reason for his parking a short distance away from the apartment. Then, when he had the Mensa-like idea to stage the faux-carjacking, he parked on the same street. That possibility, and your theory, make more sense than the test run. IMO.

Had the neighbor dude been on video/news before?
I really don't know that info.
Honestly things began to go sideways w/the media w/WRE's first interview w/the Florida Star (iirc), and they did teasers for a day or so before that, including some comments that were extremely anti-police and brought in some racial terms.
Then Ruben's dad spoke and seemed like a great guy. Next thing we know he is saying his son is not a monster and then we have the latest interview w/Ruben pointing his finger at CB.
So both sides are guilty of trying to tilt the truth back and forth.
In an absence of updates, gossip and speculation will fill the void. Some of it may be true.
I think LE has a whole lot more evidence than anyone knows.
And even if they do suspect Lonna, I also don't think they would arrest her yet. There is possible physical evidence that hasn't been returned from labs yet.
I would not want to be sitting on that powder keg. And I do so hope Lonna had zilch to do with this.
jmho

Hi 4senthia
Here is the article where the neighbour first talked about the car. It was published on July 24th.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/police-child-taken-during-car-theft/34330746

ETA: I Agree with you that the police know much more than they are letting on. I think that if WRE had help or could pin this on anyone else, he would. He seems like that kind of person. So when he starts pointing the finger at Lonzie's Dad, who lives a fair distance away and who can easily be ruled out and other BS that tells me that he's the only one involved. I could be wrong and will happily say I was wrong if I am, but right now it seems like this is all on him. IMO

Another poster had a theory that WRE parked there to avoid detection. By whom? Not sure, but he had skipped a court date on Tuesday, Lonzie's Dad wasn't too happy with the situation, and WRE was also busy terrorizing his ex-gf. In any case, there were a number of people he may have been trying to avoid, so that might be another plausible reason for his parking a short distance away from the apartment. Then, when he had the Mensa-like idea to stage the faux-carjacking, he parked on the same street. That possibility, and your theory, make more sense than the test run. IMO.

Was the court date the Tuesday right before Lonzie went missing? I hadn't heard about the avoiding detection theory. I agree it or the theory that Kiera proposed seem more plausible than the test-run theory, especially if the car was there for quite a while.

Was the court date the Tuesday right before Lonzie went missing? I hadn't heard about the avoiding detection theory. I agree it or the theory that Kiera proposed seem more plausible than the test-run theory, especially if the car was there for quite a while.

BBM

--sounds like it.

http://jacksonville.com/breaking-ne...nzie-barton-missing-charged-neglect-was-using
Man who reported Lonzie Barton missing charged with neglect; was using drugs at the time, affidavit says

July 24, 2015

--snip--

Duval County court documents reveal Ebron has a record of violence and abuse allegations. He was convicted of misdemeanor domestic battery related to a 2011 case when he was accused of beating his ex-girlfriend while she held their son. Three times, that ex-girlfriend and her family have filed domestic violence injunctions against him, according to the court documents.

On July 6, she filed a court document that said she was afraid of him. On July 10, her sister requested an injunction against him.

Her request said Ebron’s ex-girlfriend sought shelter with a family member to escape him. He stalked them, the report alleged. He cracked the ribs of one his ex-girlfriend’s sisters, the injunction said, and he threatened the life of his ex-girlfriend’s 12-year-old niece.

He also raped his ex-girlfriend, the injunction alleged, when she went to his home to pick up her children July 1.
He also “is now bragging that he is untouchable to the police and the court system,” the injunction said. He “claims he knows the system and he can get away with anything that he does to me, my children and my sister and her children.”

He left eight threatening voicemails, the injunction said.

He didn’t show up to a hearing Tuesday.

My theory is Lonzie got into their drug stash and OD'ed. Big panic ensued and then a cover up. RE can't talk and If LL knew as well then neither one of them can talk because it would implicate them both in drugs and cover up of Lonzie's death. LE have also been alluding to LL maybe knowing what happened, and that RE could of had help. I don't think its out of the realm of possibility.
I think there is definitely a lot more to this story than what we might think, JMO FWIW.

Also RE & LL still have to face the previous drug charges in court, so if this were to come out on top of everything else it would definitely land them prison time i would think, which RE is already there. For starters they weren't even meant to be in contact with one another, and then to be charged already with drug offenses, and then get together again and be found in this scenario, i think they definitely would of known the score.

There are 2 options for murder within the known timeline (which may well be very different).

1. Lonzie died/was killed and then hidden during the timeline.

Without any evidence (known to us) of decomp in the house, car, or on the suspect, this one is less likely.

2. Lonzie was taken somewhere and killed during the timeline.

This option explains better for me a few things we know. No signs of death or decomp thus far. Waiting till almost pick up time to report. The turned off phone (not seen that reference for a while though). Driving around (based on multiple search areas due to technical evidence= cell pings?). Drug taking (whilst this change in the story came from Ebron following arrest, I believe it was because he feared being tested).

It is possible that he dropped Lonnie at work, went home and used, at some point the baby irritated him and he left with the child, (maybe told the roomie he was off to make a 'purchase' )he drove somewhere and killed him, then drove around formulating or running through his cover story. Needed to fill up with gas following his ride and to allow car to be stolen. Back to house, possibly more use, leaves it till last possible moment to enact story (possibly so he can leave roomie with the 'off to get lonna' excuse).

The gaping hole is where did he tell roomie that Lonzie was? (LE may have that info, hence their confidence in building a case against him).
This also explains LE mentioning a 2 hour time frame missing or being examined.

I believe the baby was killed between 10 ish and before he got gas.
He must have had cash for drugs and gas in my scenario or he borrowed it knowing lonnie was working that night.

The calls and texts that night may further inform of others involvement.

This is all just my opinion and is probably full of holes.

Father of Lonzie Barton sends message to Ruben Ebron on Facebook

Hours after that video was released by police, Chris Barton sent a message on Facebook.

“Let these words sink into your sickass brain Rubin ...” the post read, followed by the heavy metal song "5 Minutes Alone," by the group Pantera.

Also on Facebook, Barton defended Lonzie’s mother Lonna Lauramore, posting a response to someone else’s comment:

“Yes me & mom talk every day and she is really a mess, she's with our daughter and her other son where she should be...If she was out beating the streets the Media wouldn't let her get anything done believe me she's tried. I know there are some negativity I feel it more than anyone but the resentment for her mistake will have to wait till BabyMan is found,” Barton posted.

LE reported Lonzie was last seen around the time LL was dropped off. I don't believe they said who reported seeing him @ that time. That was said early in the investigation & whoever reported it may have lost credibility since then. I still think LE gave out the info on WRE running back to the apt. to put pressure on those that have not been completely truthful. To show them WRE is not going to get away with what he's done. And I don't think that if LE thought Lonna was involved or was withholding info she would have already been arrested. It has been clear to me that LE was not happy with her from the get go. There is no reason to arrest her yet. The biggest threat is already locked up.

I agree 100% there is no reason to lock her up at this time, in fact, it may lead to Lonzie being found if she is still out. KWIM? I mention early on that I think Lonzie was left in a hot car, in a car seat. That would explain why there wasn't one in the car when LE found it, decomp is not a good thing for a K9 to hit on in a kidnapping case. Also that would explain the dry run, and others involved not coming forward, they are too blame too. If you don't want to lose all the kids in the house, some times you make sacrifices in cases like this. I am not being crude or insensitive, just keeping with rules here. So it will not surprise me that he has been dead much earlier than we think, and that this is why the body had to be hidden as to not implicate anyone else. Think of the family time schedule. You probably sleep late and lots of times, you may be a bit tipsy, would it be out of the ream of thinking that you just forgot, you were tired, and distracted? No. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt that this was an accident.

One thing I think about where WRE put Lonzie is that if this was an accident, then he would most likey put him someplace close to where momma could visit later on, or close to her home she has with family. If you are in a rage and kill a child, I think sentiment would go out the window, but if it is an accident and you regret it, you want to know you at least put the child someplace (in your mind) nice and you can go back at some point. I may be wrong in my thinking, maybe giving too much credit where none is deserved, but it is something to think about when searching.

I am thinking that LL did know what happened to L -- that she wasn't necessarily involved in what happened to L, but that she was encourged by WRE to go to work and he would take care of things. WRE probably scared her into thinking she could lose all her children AND go to jail, so suck it up. I also think that LE is crazy smart in that LE is playing super nice and even supportive of LL (even though he may have his doubts): playing good guy, bad guy. Strategically, it wouldn't be smart to arrest them both or name both as suspects. He needs LL to talk, to come clean. He is gaining her trust. IMO. But I think she damn well knows.

One thing I think about where WRE put Lonzie is that if this was an accident, then he would most likey put him someplace close to where momma could visit later on, or close to her home she has with family. If you are in a rage and kill a child, I think sentiment would go out the window, but if it is an accident and you regret it, you want to know you at least put the child someplace (in your mind) nice and you can go back at some point. I may be wrong in my thinking, maybe giving too much credit where none is deserved, but it is something to think about when searching.

Respectfully Skully, sociopaths and/or psychopaths, narcassists, anti-social personality disorder -- have no regret, compassion, empathy. None. Zero. Zippo. They don't 'feel' like we do. It is incomprehensible to imagine, but I know this is true.

Respectfully Skully, sociopaths and/or psychopaths, narcassists, anti-social personality disorder -- have no regret, compassion, empathy. None. Zero. Zippo. They don't 'feel' like we do. It is incomprehensible to imagine, but I know this is true.

I know, I have known them in my life. But I was thinking of someone else, maybe asking for Lonzie to be place somewhere in that area.

There are 2 options for murder within the known timeline (which may well be very different).

1. Lonzie died/was killed and then hidden during the timeline.

Without any evidence (known to us) of decomp in the house, car, or on the suspect, this one is less likely.

2. Lonzie was taken somewhere and killed during the timeline.

This option explains better for me a few things we know. No signs of death or decomp thus far. Waiting till almost pick up time to report. The turned off phone (not seen that reference for a while though). Driving around (based on multiple search areas due to technical evidence= cell pings?). Drug taking (whilst this change in the story came from Ebron following arrest, I believe it was because he feared being tested).

It is possible that he dropped Lonnie at work, went home and used, at some point the baby irritated him and he left with the child, (maybe told the roomie he was off to make a 'purchase' )he drove somewhere and killed him, then drove around formulating or running through his cover story. Needed to fill up with gas following his ride and to allow car to be stolen. Back to house, possibly more use, leaves it till last possible moment to enact story (possibly so he can leave roomie with the 'off to get lonna' excuse).

The gaping hole is where did he tell roomie that Lonzie was? (LE may have that info, hence their confidence in building a case against him).
This also explains LE mentioning a 2 hour time frame missing or being examined.

I believe the baby was killed between 10 ish and before he got gas.
He must have had cash for drugs and gas in my scenario or he borrowed it knowing lonnie was working that night.

The calls and texts that night may further inform of others involvement.

This is all just my opinion and is probably full of holes.

He could have easily told the roommate that he took Lonzie to a relative's house or something like that. I'm sure he's an "expert" liar and had an easy excuse if that was the case.

Interesting. I hadn't thought of that. IF Lonzie's mother was involved and it was an accident, I could definitely see his body being nearby. But if it's just WRE....I don't see it. He's probably pretty heartless.

At what point in time are things considered premeditated for murder charge purposes? Everyone and media site comments without a doubt believe maybe the baby accidentally od'd on their drugs or something. In my opinion I find this unlikely just due to the fact his car was there running the night before, like a practice run. Leaving his car there the night before to "do a test run" would rule out the baby od'd and this was premeditated. UNLESS the baby was perhaps already dead the night before and the story was concocted and tested and going to be put in place the next day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!