GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure if this part of the article has been discussed yet. I am confused at this part.. My mind keeps getting thrown for a loop on this case. Person (Dave, Chris's best friend) who gathered the audio from Lonna and also has been organizing search crews lately did the interview with Florida Time Union.

"Brittany Pembelton and her husband were called upon again a few months ago, this time to help get Lonzie and his 5-year-old sister Lily away from Lauramore Barton and Ebron and bring the children back to Baker County to be with their father.And then again, in late July, Chris Barton called the Pembeltons one last time, asking for help to get the children back to Baker County. This time though, the Pembeltons were in Las Vegas. Days later, on July 24 and while still out west, they learned that Lonzie vanished". http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...ter-still-searching-lonzie-barton-not-silence

Why would Chris be asking them to help get his kids back to Baker County? How would them two be of any help, they are NOT child protection services (shes a stripper,hes unemployed).. What kind of help was he asking from them? Just curious to know this. Seems if he called twice in a cpl months he was desperate for their help. What help from them was he expecting? Only for Lonzie to disappear a couple days later? Strange to me.

From the beginning my mind has said its 100% Ruben that did this to Lonzie, without a doubt. Plenty of evidence. Then sometimes after reading stuff my mind gets thrown for a loop and says.. wait was he set up? Could there be multiple people that did this and framed him and Lonna. Got to far in and didnt know how to back out? Could it be possible even? Cant be possible. Can it?

You know... That is a very strange coincidence? Plus, didn't LL's mother have custody of Lonzie, and was getting paid by the state to do so?

I am not sure if this part of the article has been discussed yet. I am confused at this part.. My mind keeps getting thrown for a loop on this case. Person (Dave, Chris's best friend) who gathered the audio from Lonna and also has been organizing search crews lately did the interview with Florida Time Union.

"Brittany Pembelton and her husband were called upon again a few months ago, this time to help get Lonzie and his 5-year-old sister Lily away from Lauramore Barton and Ebron and bring the children back to Baker County to be with their father.And then again, in late July, Chris Barton called the Pembeltons one last time, asking for help to get the children back to Baker County. This time though, the Pembeltons were in Las Vegas. Days later, on July 24 and while still out west, they learned that Lonzie vanished". http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...ter-still-searching-lonzie-barton-not-silence

Why would Chris be asking them to help get his kids back to Baker County? How would them two be of any help, they are NOT child protection services (shes a stripper,hes unemployed).. What kind of help was he asking from them? Just curious to know this. Seems if he called twice in a cpl months he was desperate for their help. What help from them was he expecting? Only for Lonzie to disappear a couple days later? Strange to me.

From the beginning my mind has said its 100% Ruben that did this to Lonzie, without a doubt. Plenty of evidence. Then sometimes after reading stuff my mind gets thrown for a loop and says.. wait was he set up? Could there be multiple people that did this and framed him and Lonna. Got to far in and didnt know how to back out? Could it be possible even? Cant be possible. Can it?

Just my opinion, but I don't think it is possible. I don't see CB and the Pembletons being able to pull that off and keep it quiet this long. Also, Lonzie was seen, alive, on the 23rd. He was with RE and then in a matter of hours he was gone. For those 3 to have somehow gotten Lonzie away from Ebron without the sister seeing them and then Ebron to concoct anstory about a carjacking to cover up Lonize being missing? Nope.
RE and LL were neglectful or abusive or both. The abuse or neglect led to something happening to Lonzie on the 23rd. (Either he was hit hard or fell hard enough to cause the bruise and leaking fluid and/or he got into the drugs) By 2 pm he was sick and had fluid coming from his ears. By 2 am on the 24th he was gone. RE and LL know what happened. One or both of them know where he is.

oh good grief, he met the ex at Wacko's too---she also has R U B E N tattooed down her body.

--and CB had the idea that LL go to work there, bring in some cash-----where she then met ruben, in the V.I.P. lounge, private dancer area..
http://nonprofitquarterly.org/2014/...s-help-sex-traffic-survivors-remove-markings/

"Sex traffickers entice their victims with promises of illegal drugs, luxuries, high-paying jobs, and romantic relationships. Once trapped in their web, victims are subject to crushing control, physical and emotional abuse, sexual assault, and isolation. Victims are treated as property of the pimp or gang. Tattoos are systematically used to identify ownership as well as status as “best” provider of sexual acts."

RE promises to get a matching tattoo, but never actually does. Think on it.

I believe that is of the older girl?

The way I understand it Lonna's mother had the 5 year old gi and Lonzie. She was supposed to be the one caring for them. The older boy was in the custody of his father. (Father is not CB)
For whatever reason the grandma let Lonna take the kids. Now they have given the 5 year old back to grandma. A mistake IMHO.

Edited to clarify that it hasn't been made clear who exactly had custody of the kids in July. Lonzie's sister (and maybe Lonzie?) had been staying with the grandmother frequently.

All the redness around the flowers indicates fresh work. They also appear slightly raised. The actual name is not reddened or raised. She may have gotten his name a while ago, and added the flowers after his arrest.

news story re: Lonna's arrest/charges, and other tidbits

[video=youtube;UVJw6P5Tvw8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVJw6P5Tvw8[/video]

Lonzie's big Sister, getting away from LL is a silver lining in this tragedy.

IIRC, the maternal grandmother indicated in the custody hearing that she's always had the little girl the majority of the time so it's possible she may never have spent a lot of time with her parents. Possibly that was true of Lonzie as well although I don't remember reading about his circumstances.

The way I understand it Lonna's mother had the 5 year old gi and Lonzie. She was supposed to be the one caring for them. The older boy was in the custody of his father. (Father is not CB)
For whatever reason the grandma let Lonna take the kids. Now they have given the 5 year old back to grandma. A mistake IMHO.

I don't recall reading anything that claimed that the grandmother had legal guardianship of the two children, Lonzie and his sister. I believe she said that had been with her most of the summer up until that point. The drug bust and subsequent eviction was in May. Most likely the grandmother had the children that night and just continued to care for them while LL and WRE sorted out the legal issues, the move of items to storage likely, and the process of finding somewhere else to live. Probably taking the kids overnight at times for short visits, either at WRE's parent's place or a motel etc. Or maybe even in the friend's apt. We have no idea how long the children had actually been staying there, or how often, before this happened. This may have happened on what was supposed to be a short visit until they could find a place of their own. It's possible LL was on some kind of waiting list for housing? They just decided to get out of Baker County because of the court order and the "smallness" of it. Everyone knows everyone's business?

MOO

when kids Lonzie's age are teething, they are so crabby, whiney and have loose bowels. I have heard of parents/caregivers giving them drugs to get them to sleep to avoid being bothered. (I had a child in my daycare that was Lonzie's age and a recovering drug addict; She screamed all the time. So dang sad.)

JSO reported "Lonzie was lethargic" - I suspect he was drugged and possibly more often than not.

And yes, he could very well have lost his balance under those circumstances.

Remember the "lazy day ... watching movies" comment? they all lived in ONE room. I hope the girl was drug tested by JSO.

I know it is hard for us to imagine a person drugging their child; it happens more often than we think. These are irresponsible parents not wanting to be bothered with the inconvenience of a child. I don't get why they have them in the first place, guess they want "someone to love them." JMO

"Didn't do nothing" is a double negative. Ergo .. he is saying she did do something.

I think he's just ignorant....uneducated. None of these people speak coherently or with proper grammar. I wouldn't read too much into it other than that.

I don't recall reading anything that claimed that the grandmother had legal guardianship of the two children, Lonzie and his sister. I believe she said that had been with her most of the summer up until that point. The drug bust and subsequent eviction was in May. Most likely the grandmother had the children that night and just continued to care for them while LL and WRE sorted out the legal issues, the move of items to storage likely, and the process of finding somewhere else to live. Probably taking the kids overnight at times for short visits, either at WRE's parent's place or a motel etc. Or maybe even in the friend's apt. We have no idea how long the children had actually been staying there, or how often, before this happened. This may have happened on what was supposed to be a short visit until they could find a place of their own. It's possible LL was on some kind of waiting list for housing? They just decided to get out of Baker County because of the court order and the "smallness" of it. Everyone knows everyone's business?

MOO

I agree. I think Lonna just dumped her kids on her mother as often as possible so that she could party. If only she left them with their grandmother when she went to Jax.

MOO
Thank you. I went back and read the article and see that there was no clear mentiom of who exactly had custody in July.

Since DP is described as a friend of CB and BP is described as having known LL for half her life, I suspect that the two couples were all friends. Possibly CB was attempting to find out from them the current residence or location of LL and the children so that he could go and retrieve them. This would also align with EB's statements early on that CB was looking for them. Sounds as if on that issue EB was not lying.

CB was looking for the kids and trying to enlist friends and family to help. That is how I took the recent comments by the P couple.

You know... That is a very strange coincidence? Plus, didn't LL's mother have custody of Lonzie, and was getting paid by the state to do so?

If she had custody, she should be charged with negligence.

What if we were to look at this from a different perspective. A lot of what I'm reading here implies that LB was sleeping around, playing some men and that she knows what RE did which implies he killed the child.

We also have this recording LB's friend made, which also implies RE's guilt. It was turned over to police and subsequently made its way to the media. Isn't the recording just a wee bit too convenient?

I'm looking at her history in terms of relationships, she as some of you have said "plays" men. She manipulates in order to control, get her way and do what she wants. In my opinion that is what she's done with the police and this case which the police are aware of. We then have to wonder why she would protect the man she has in not so many words said killed her son? Before we all rush to the conclusion that she suffers from victim mentality hear me out or should I say read this and chew on it for a bit.

I believe it was LB who administered the fatal blow to her own son and not RE. RE is an easy target for everyone to point the finger at because of his past and current legal issues. His past makes it easy for LB to manipulate and control him. I don't believe they are so much lying to protect the other, they are lying to protect themselves from the other and RE knows if he were to tell the truth and police confront LB with it, she'll lie, play being another victim of RE's thus gaining control again. Besides we are driven by our own personal belief system, we find it difficult to believe a mother would harm her own child. It's easier to believe a man with a criminal past did it. Hence if RE told the truth, because of his past would anyone believe him, really?

Sure RE knows what happened and helped cover it up, still the same I believe LB is the person who killed her very own child. We women do things sometimes in an effort to control the direction of the relationships we are in. Sad but true, women who manipulate men like LB does pick men like RE. She picked him the same way an abusive man would pick his victim. It's all power and control.

At this point if the police can't get him trusting them and the system, they will not get him talking. He's the key if they want the truth.

At any rate this is just all my opinion of the case.

Since DP is described as a friend of CB and BP is described as having known LL for half her life, I suspect that the P couple and CB and LL and the two couples were all friends. Possibly CB was attempting to find out from them the current residence or location of LL and the children so that he could go and retrieve them. This would also align with EB's statements early on that CB was looking for them. Sounds as if on that issue EB was not lying.

CB was looking for the kids and trying to enlist friends and family to help. That is how I took the recent comments by the P couple.

I agree. Also, in one of the very first articles posted, it says CB does not have a car. he may have been getting his friends to help because he couldn't drive places himself. IDK
I think we need some help with this one...

Attachments

• maury.jpg
    maury.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 175
If Lonna wanted to party she would leave both kids with her mom. If her mom had them most of the summer, Chis would have known where they were at & not needed help to find them. Not buying moms story that she had them most of the summer. I think she's trying to get custody of the girl for Lonna.

I came across a longer video (about 15 minutes) of Lonna's co-worker, who gave her the ride home the night Lonzie went missing. I'm only a quarter of the way through and have to step away for a bit so I don't know if there's any additional information beyond what was quoted in articles.

[video=youtube;p9N5AQ1Qo-g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9N5AQ1Qo-g[/video]

If she had custody, she should be charged with negligence.

Several posters have been looking through the Baker County records and the only custody issue found has been that of Lonna's older son - nothing pertaining to Lonzie or the 5 year old girl. Lonna's mom didn't have custody - Lonna just left her kids - at least the 5 year old - with her mother a lot. It also means that Lonna could take them back whenever she wanted and the grandmother couldn't really do anything about it. Considering the judge in the recent custody hearing had positive things to say about Lonna's mother taking the 5 year old, I don't think anyone is going to charge her with negligence.

IMO

ETA: I just saw your latest post. Yeah, that is weird that CB didn't know where they were if they were with Lonna's mom. hmmm. I'm suspicious of the friends' motives more than the grandma's motives at this point, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson