GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 2m2 minutes ago
Boyle also points out that Lonna and Ebron only lived together for five weeks. #FINDLONZIE

Ken Amaro ‏@kangel6 now4 seconds ago Florida, USA
Does it matter whether the defendant engaged in drug activity ? Asked judge Borello

Boyle argues that just because Ebron sold drugs in past, it doesn't mean he was selling drugs that night. #findlonzie

WTH? Am I nuts or did Ebron make a sale after bathing Lonzie and putting him to bed (according to him anyway)? The guy who shorted him and had to come back with more money. It's in the interview.

ETA: Ah, I think I get it now - Boyle's just saying that Ebron's past behavior isn't relevant to his behavior that night. Stupid argument IMO since it's all about the same behavior - drug sales.

It's irreleveant whether Ebron sold drugs in the past, Boyle said. #findlonzie

WEAK argument here, Boyle. JMO

Ken Amaro ‏@kangel6 2m2 minutes ago Florida, USA
Lonna Barton doesn't know if any of these drug deals took place argues Boyle

Ken Amaro ‏@kangel6 26s27 seconds ago Florida, USA
Defendant was running a pharmaceutical enterprise says prosecutor Mantei

https://twitter.com/kangel6

I'm out. See y'all later!

Where was everyone living before they moved in together? Did they rent the apartment together or was it one of theirs prior and the other moved in?

arry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 2m2 minutes ago
Borello will take this under advisement and rule on Monday. #findlonzie

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 1m1 minute ago
Looks like jury selection won't start until 2 p.m. Monday. If that's the case we may not have opening statements until Wednesday.#findlonzie

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 17s17 seconds ago
Borello says fact that Barton and Ebron first met because of drugs will be a factor in his ruling. #findlonzie

Kaitlyn Chana ‏@KaitlynANjax 1m1 minute ago
Ruben Ebron appears to be looking at the judge and has been whispering a few times to his attorney. @ActionNewsJax

Nope. 10 a.m. Monday. Never mind.

(jury selection?)

WTH? Am I nuts or did Ebron make a sale after bathing Lonzie and putting him to bed (according to him anyway)? The guy who shorted him and had to come back with more money. It's in the interview.

ETA: Ah, I think I get it now - Boyle's just saying that Ebron's past behavior isn't relevant to his behavior that night. Stupid argument IMO since it's all about the same behavior - drug sales.

What does that person say about where Lonzie and his sister were that night? Are we to believe that RE left them in the apt and ran downstairs to make this deal...twice? When Lonna claims that these deals were made in the apt at times? Where was the roomate at this time?

Once again, thank you for your dedication to "our Lonzie", and keeping us all updated PJFL, MsMarple and matou.

Where was everyone living before they moved in together? Did they rent the apartment together or was it one of theirs prior and the other moved in?

From what I remember, Lonna was living in Mcclenny (not with Chris) during the May 30 drug bust. Ebron was there but I think he was living in Jacksonville - maybe with his parents? After that (I have no date) the two of them rented a bedroom in the apartment where Lonzie went missing from.

Chris Parenteau ‏@WJXTChris 11m11 minutes ago
In recess until 10 am Monday. Judge says jury selection set for 10:30 Monday morning.

Chris Parenteau ‏@WJXTChris 13m13 minutes ago
Again, no ruling today. That will be issued Monday.

Chris Parenteau ‏@WJXTChris 13m13 minutes ago
Judge says he doesn't see a way that discussing "bulk" drug sales is relevant to trial. Says it is unduly prejudicial given charges.

Chris Parenteau ‏@WJXTChris 14m14 minutes ago
Judge: the burden is on state to make sure evidence does not become a feature of the trial. Says that is a concern.

I think she only identified some of the people in the texts as Ebron's drug customers. As she explained the drug-talk stuff I think it was obvious that those texts were about drug buys.

Samantha Manning ‏@SamanthaANjax 52m52 minutes ago
Lonna is identifying some of the people in the text messages as people Ebron completed drug transactions with @ActionNewsJax

Samantha Manning ‏@SamanthaANjax 51m51 minutes ago
Lonna explains some of the messages refer to drugs, like 30's is a type of morphine she says @ActionNewsJax

ETA: Just a stray thought: I wonder what the significance is of the particular dates Boyle asked Lonna about. I don't believe he chose them at random.
I'm wondering about the dates also......

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Video of Lonna's testimony today:

http://www.news4jax.com/video/n4jlonnatestify

News4Jax was told there would be 127 potential jurors in a pool to choose a panel of six jurors and three alternates for the trial.

"That is double the number that we would typically have," said Rhonda Peoples Waters. "Remember, it’s a third-degree felony, so you would typically have about 40 jurors, and each of those jurors is going to have to be individually questioned. Their background will have to be gone into, so that means this process will take at least two to three days."

News4Jax will have crews in the courtroom all next week and report developments in the case. Once a jury is seated, you can watch gavel-to-gavel coverage on News4Jax.com.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/local/jacksonville/lonna-barton-likely-to-testify-in-ebron-hearing

From what I remember, Lonna was living in Mcclenny (not with Chris) during the May 30 drug bust. Ebron was there but I think he was living in Jacksonville - maybe with his parents? After that (I have no date) the two of them rented a bedroom in the apartment where Lonzie went missing from.

I have to go back and double check but I remember when looking at RE's older court documents on the Duval County CORE site that the Ravenwood Apartments address was listed on some of them. My guess is that is where he was staying/living whenever he wasn't living with his parents and/or his ex. I'll go back and try to pinpoint dates he used that address.

I have to go back and double check but I remember when looking at RE's older court documents on the Duval County CORE site that the Ravenwood Apartments address was listed on some of them. My guess is that is where he was staying/living whenever he wasn't living with his parents and/or his ex. I'll go back and try to pinpoint dates he used that address.

Thanks! I'm hazy on it so whatever you can find will help clear it up. I'm watching Lonna's testimony and she said she and Ebron were living together in May. I thought msm said Ebron didn't live at the Mcclenny apartment at the time of the May drug bust. She also said she hooked up with Ebron in February but msm said March. Argh!

P.S. I wish they'd adjust the damn mic on the witness stand!

After some digging around, it looks like the earliest date I can find that showed that address is August 2012. It is the address listed on a traffic citation so it had to be what was on his drivers license at the time. The two addresses listed most frequently from 2012 - today are Ravenwood Apartments and his parent's house. There is no consistency...my guess is he bounced between the two (probably frequently). Not sure if this is helpful or really means anything other than he has been associated with that apartment for much longer than early 2015.

A few older cases that listed the Ravenwood Apartment address:
Case - 2012-TR-082470-CIXX-MA filed 9/6/2012 (ticket was dated 8/31/12)
Case - 2012-DR-000273-DVAX-MA filed 11/25/2014

After some digging around, it looks like the earliest date I can find that showed that address is August 2012. It is the address listed on a traffic citation so it had to be what was on his drivers license at the time. The two addresses listed most frequently from 2012 - today are Ravenwood Apartments and his parent's house. There is no consistency...my guess is he bounced between the two (probably frequently). Not sure if this is helpful or really means anything other than he has been associated with that apartment for much longer than early 2015.

A few older cases that listed the Ravenwood Apartment address:
Case - 2012-TR-082470-CIXX-MA filed 9/6/2012 (ticket was dated 8/31/12)
Case - 2012-DR-000273-DVAX-MA filed 11/25/2014

I am soooooo sorry everyone...it was a different Old Kings Rd. address. I am such a ditz. I apologize for any confusion. The old address was 8859 and the current address is 8030. I can't believe I posted that without double-checking. Again I apologize - this is why I usually just lurk and read instead of posting!! I think I will go back to lurking now :truce:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
siblingminds