GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am soooooo sorry everyone...it was a different Old Kings Rd. address. I am such a ditz. I apologize for any confusion. The old address was 8859 and the current address is 8030. I can't believe I posted that without double-checking. Again I apologize - this is why I usually just lurk and read instead of posting!! I think I will go back to lurking now :truce:

Oh, no worries whatsoever! It's confusing. I've managed to organize a few files but it's really hard to keep track of so many details.

In the July 24 arrest report it said that:

...he [Ebron] and Ms Barton are residing together in a rented room at friend's apartment [8030 Ravenwood, apt. 66]. William Ebron, jr. rented the room after Ms. Barton lost her apartment in Baker county due to the pending case in which the defendant and Ms. Barton are co-defendants. [The May 30 drug bust]

The detective verified with [DA] this information of the residence being shared by William Ebron, jr. and Ms. Barton. Mr. [A] is charging rent of $250 a month and half the cost of utilities.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/2179096/ebronwarrant.pdf

Your info was actually helpful - I wonder what his older connection to 8859 was - another friend or Ebron's own place? Maybe it was his until he ran home to mummy and daddy. ;)

Oh, no worries whatsoever! It's confusing. I've managed to organize a few files but it's really hard to keep track of so many details.

In the July 24 arrest report it said that:

...he [Ebron] and Ms Barton are residing together in a rented room at friend's apartment [8030 Ravenwood, apt. 66]. William Ebron, jr. rented the room after Ms. Barton lost her apartment in Baker county due to the pending case in which the defendant and Ms. Barton are co-defendants. [The May 30 drug bust]

The detective verified with [DA] this information of the residence being shared by William Ebron, jr. and Ms. Barton. Mr. [A] is charging rent of $250 a month and half the cost of utilities.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/2179096/ebronwarrant.pdf

Your info was actually helpful - I wonder what his older connection to 8859 was - another friend or Ebron's own place? Maybe it was his until he ran home to mummy and daddy. ;)

Wouldn't be anywhere close to where they found his car after the "hijacking" would it? (His car being there the day before parked, is still a knot in my craw btw.)

[/B]
Wouldn't be anywhere close to where they found his car after the "hijacking" would it? (His car being there the day before parked, is still a knot in my craw btw.)

Wrong direction. The car was found on Cesperdes Ave. But of course I just had to Google map it. :blushing: While I doubt there's any connection it turns out that there's a small aerated lake just behind that apartment building. I think the apartment building is Deer Meadow apartments.

I'm still curious about the pine needles found on the underside of the car.

Wrong direction. The car was found on Cesperdes Ave. But of course I just had to Google map it. :blushing: While I doubt there's any connection it turns out that there's a small aerated lake just behind that apartment building. I think the apartment building is Deer Meadow apartments.

MsMarple you are amazing! (And many thanks to you and others for the tweeting updates!)

Like you, the underbelly of his car looked like it had been rode hard and put up wet and not something that happened on streets and/or highways in town. I live in the country in the Ozarks and if I wind up with such as that under my truck, it's normal, but I probably didn't want to do it.

MsMarple you are amazing! (And many thanks to you and others for the tweeting updates!)

Like you, the underbelly of his car looked like it had been rode hard and put up wet and not something that happened on streets and/or highways in town. I live in the country in the Ozarks and if I wind up with such as that under my truck, it's normal, but I probably didn't want to do it.

I wonder if LE ever looked into the kind of pine needles they found. That plus what you said about the underside might yield a clue. I assume they did and if they were something like slash pine it wouldn't help much. But I know some pines are region specific. And then there are the exotics, like Australian pine.

It seems like knowing the kind of pine the car drove around combined with the kind of mud/dirt found on the undercarriage would help a little. Then again, I think I've watched too many episodes of Bones. :rolleyes:

Have we heard of any searches that took place near this prior residence? People usually go to a familiar place to hide a body. Surely LE would have considered this?

@ActionNewsJax

ETA: Just a stray thought: I wonder what the significance is of the particular dates Boyle asked Lonna about. I don't believe he chose them at random.

I believe he was trying to show that LB did not know if the children were there on the dates she stated drug transactions took place according to the phone records...It could be the children were with CB or their grandmother on some of those records the prosecution asked about..

Chris Parenteau ‏@WJXTChris 7s8 seconds ago
State ended by asking Barton of all the days she lived with Ebron how many days no drug deals happened. She said none.

Good counter to Boyle asking about specific dates.

She said "probably none"....

Classito

So RE is going to trial on the drug charges from the past for which he was bonded out?

What other charges against him are on the docket? Are we into the child endangerment issue yet?

Now, the question is - what did Lonna get for her testimony?

So RE is going to trial on the drug charges from the past for which he was bonded out?

What other charges against him are on the docket? Are we into the child endangerment issue yet?

Now, the question is - what did Lonna get for her testimony?

The charges for the upcoming trial are child neglect, lying to police and tampering with evidence. No drug charges - he's got another case in Baker county along with Lonna from the May 30 drug bust but that's separate from this trial.

Yesterday's motion hearing was about whether or not the cell phone data could be used as evidence (the judge said it could) and whether or not Ebron's prior criminal behavior could be included. The judge will rule on that Monday morning.

The judge is concerned that the prosecution will try and make it too much about Ebron's drug dealing which could prejudice his case so it'll be interesting to see what he rules.

As for Lonna I don't see that she got anything for pleading guilty other than maybe it'll be taken into consideration during her sentencing next month.

Man who claims to be Lonzie Barton's father arrested after fight

The Baker County Sheriff's Office arrested a man early Saturday morning after a fight at a liquor store.

When deputies arrived at Mac's Liquors at 2 a.m., Elvis Myers was found laying on his back with blood coming from his nose and mouth. Employees of Mac's told authorities the man was attacked by Ransom Barefoot, 25.
More Baker County Headlines

Jury selection starts Monday in Ruben Ebron trial
Lonna Barton testifies Ruben Ebron sold drugs in front of Lonzie
Lonna Barton tells detectives Lonzie may have accidentally overdosed
New video evidence in Baker County drug case against Lonzie Barton's parents
New documents point finger at Ebron in Lonzie case

Deputies questioned Barefoot at a duck pond. Barefoot told them he was hit in the back of the head and he was defending himself.

Deputies who reviewed surveillance footage from Mac's security cameras say the footage shows Barefoot walk outside with Myers and a group of other men then hit Myers from behind his head several times. Authorities say there is no video evidence that Barefoot was attacked.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/florid...e-bartons-biological-dad-arrested-after-fight

LB cannot say for a fact that RE did drug transactions while children were in his care...Text and phone calls do not insure a transaction went down..only that it was talked about...She was not there...If they are counting on this testimony for a conviction in neglect/abuse...they have no case...If drug transactions took place when she and children were present..as custodial parent they were in her care...

In my opinion...She has an off the record deal..The prosecution has more than likely told her they will recommend an easier sentence for her...I say that as she did not have to agree to testify to plead guilty ... She has been coached well by prosecution...When she said 'Cell technology' it gave me the clue...

Classito

I suppose not one "customer" of RE would be willing to tell the truth on the stand that the children were with him during a drug transaction if they were subpoenaed? I think Lonna is just being used as a means to get that information in to the hearing to show RE's neglect while "babysitting". I would hope the prosecution has worked to get corroborating witnesses if that information is allowed in to the trialby the judge.

MOO

How random unless I missed this guy in all the threads but this Ransom Barefoot gets into a fight and during his arrest or fight is stating he is Lonzies dad? So very random.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose not one "customer" of RE would be willing to tell the truth on the stand that the children were with him during a drug transaction if they were subpoenaed? I think Lonna is just being used as a means to get that information in to the hearing to show RE's neglect while "babysitting". I would hope the prosecution has worked to get corroborating witnesses if that information is allowed in to the trialby the judge.

MOO

I wonder if his ex would go on the record to say he sold drugs in front of their children if he did?

How random unless I missed this guy in all the threads but this Ransom Barefoot gets into a fight and during his arrest or fight is stating he is Lonzies dad? So very random.

He's claimed to be Lonzies bio dad since the beginning. I think it was mentioned in MSM at one time, but I think it was just the 1 article, so easy to miss.

He has stated for few months on FB page that is dedicated too Lonzie he is the father....but as far as anyone knows no DNA test has been done yet or shown for fact he is....all though right now its being stated by a few of his backers he has had a DNA test done and given too JSO now...he hasn't been posting for last 2 months on the site ..but it would seem from the talk he just got out of jail on another matter of child custody, it would seem he already has 5+ kids that he claims are his and only 25 yrs old too boot.

RB has had a fb page online for a long time (since the disappearance of Lonzie) claiming to be the bio-dad. We couldn't post it here due to it being social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shablee