GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hackney: he didn't need to be disposed like some kind of trash. His voice is breaking. :tears:

"that little boy did not deserve to be disposed of like trash"

"remains found in what is basically a garbage heap"

:(

Hackney: this community is like Lonzie's family.

Angela Corey: We may not be able to give all answers today. Discovery starts a whole new set of investigation.

Sounds like Corey is defending her plea agreement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angela Corey: Public, don't jump to conclusions. Explaining what happened to today's hearing. "We set in motion another series of events" that will play out in the upcoming weeks.

"Urge some, in the public who want to jump to conclusions, to be patient"

Maybe Lonna will be charged too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Live Stream:

Chief Hackney:
I don't want to jeopardize the judicial process...justice is sometimes slow....today is just a piece of that justice...this family of community is really Lonzie's family...our efforts aren't through...will still continue until this can be fully completed.

Angela Corey: Working with LE is critical...working to find Lonzie's body of paramount importance...one piece in an ongoing process of finding Lonzie...we will have more answers in the following weeks...what got us here today was necessary for justice and safety of the community...decisions were made jointly...there is a comfort level that the LE and state attorney always work together for the same reasons...public needs to be careful not to jump to conclusions...because we worked together with the defense, we set into motion another process that will be coming together in the following weeks.

*I think what she's saying is that now that Lonzie's body is found, they have more time to bring WRE to justice.*

BELOW IS TOTAL PARAPHRASING OF THE PRESSER. NO DIRECT QUOTES SHOULD BE EXPECTED IN THIS POST.

Hackney speaking. Lots of legalities to work out and about how we came to be out here today.

Lack of specificity is because I don't want to jeopardize the case.

Today is just another piece, one of many.

Community is Lonzie's family, LE have taken him to heart.

Today is not the end

Today is just another step.

Angela COrey now speaking

this case illustrates working with LE. Cannot seek justice if you don't work together. Finding the body was of utmost importance to all of us.

May not be able to give you all answer you seek today.

DO believe that the remains of Lonzie Barton

What got us here was critical and necessary. (talking of possible plea agreement I think)

My office and sheriff have ultimate responsibility to the public. We work together to achieve what is best for public.

Waiving speedy trial allowed continuance of case.

Another series of events will happen in the next few weeks. Can't comment on specifics but will comment in future. Give us time to get things done that need done.

Don't need to remind any of you standing here how difficult the Casey Anthony case was. Bear with us, all will eventually be explained.

BACK TO SHERIFF

Live Stream:
Does this effect LB's case?
AC: That's part of the ongoing part...working with WRE...that's going to take a couple of days to sort through...

Thanks to the community.

Next, questions.

Does this affect LB's case? - That's part of ongoing... justice we're seeking. Lots to talk, including with Ebrons Lawyers, next couple of days. Due process to be done

What about Lonna Barton? Part of the ongoing justice...that's going to take a couple of days, her own set of lawyers, etc.

Angela Corey: We're looking at how events of this week affect the Lonna Barton case...

WONT ANSWER IF lONZIE WAS BURIED OR NOT BUT DID ANSWER THAT eBRON WAS ON THAT SCENE

How was Lonzie found?

He was nowhere where you would want a child to be.

So you believe Lonzie was there from that day?

Sheriff: Yes

Karla RayVerified account ‏@KRayWFTV 3m3 minutes ago
Woah. Lonna Barton's plea deal could be impacted by today's events leading up to finding of #LonzieBarton's remains. #WFTV #ActionNewsJax

https://twitter.com/KRayWFTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members