GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are so many twists and turns in this case I have trouble keeping up. I do believe at one time I saw that RE possibly lived in the area where Lonzie was found but I could be mistaken.

I'm sure WE gave his account of what happened to Lonzie to le as part of his plea deal. If there is nothing in the autopsy to refute his version I believe le will accept it. I don't believe le would go with his story if they had proof that something different happened. The question is whether we will ever be told his story.

I'm sure WE gave his account of what happened to Lonzie to le as part of his plea deal. If there is nothing in the autopsy to refute his version I believe le will accept it. I don't believe le would go with his story if they had proof that something different happened. The question is whether we will ever be told his story.

I agree too that unless the ME can determine a cause of death for Lonzie it will be difficult to know exactly how he died and that might make it more difficult to prove murder for the state, IMO.
If there is a fractured skull as many speculated on Lonzie's condition about him having signs of that, it will show up on the autopsy examination and easier to prove what he died of, :(

#JusticeForLonzie!!!
:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are so many twists and turns in this case I have trouble keeping up. I do believe at one time I saw that RE possibly lived in the area where Lonzie was found but I could be mistaken.

IIRC he lived at the trailer park off Timberwood Drive, which is about 3 miles north, back up Philips Highway, from where the remains were found.

Ruben Ebron waived his appearance in court Tuesday morning. He was supposed to have a status hearing but the judge postponed it until Feb. 9.

It remains to be seen whether Judge Borello will approve a proposed plea deal that would have Ebron plead guilty to an aggravated manslaughter charge that would carry a 20-year prison sentence.

Borello, sources told First Coast News, is waiting to see whether human remains uncovered on Jacksonville's Southside last week are confirmed to be those of Barton and whether an autopsy sheds any light on Barton's manner of death. If the toddler's death is determined to have been cruel or vicious, those sources said, Borello would be unlikely to accept the deal.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story...ebron-hearing-postponed-until-feb-9/79002004/

I don't know how I could live with myself if I ever laid eyes on a mortally wounded toddler :(

I don't know how I could live with myself if I ever laid eyes on a mortally wounded toddler :(

You would hold that memory tight in your heart and keep on loving. Hugs to you my dear friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking up the definition of aggravated manslaughter in Florida:

The killing of a human being by the act, procurement, or culpable negligence of another, without lawful justification according to the provisions of chapter 776 and in cases in which such killing shall not be excusable homicide or murder,

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...tute&URL=0700-0799/0782/Sections/0782.07.html

"culpable negligence" I'm thinking Ruben is stating that Lonzie died due to failure to provide him with medical care. Neglect. Maybe this is the reason LE is saying more charges may come about. Ruben is the one that brought Lonzie's injuries to LE attention, he was leading them in that direction from the start. I get ill thinking how sick that baby was. How could they!

The way LLB lied in the police interview about how her mother saw the bruise and told LLB to take little Lonzie to the doctor. She was so adamant that her mother saw the bruise Mon or Tues, and when she was told her mother said she never saw a bruise, Lonna said her mother is having problems with her memory. Not much later in the interview LLB then said the first time she saw the bruise was on Thursday. So everything she was saying about asking her mother about Lonzie's bruise was a lie. Example of LLB outright lies.

"An attorney not affiliated with the case said the negotiated deal could cause problems for the prosecution if the case ever goes to trial."

"If he decided not to accept the plea and Ruben Ebron gave this information only on the conditions of a plea, then again the state attorney's office would not be able to legally use that information because Ruben Ebron has already gained his immunity by giving them information that is truthful," said Rhonda Peoples-Waters.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/local/jacksonville/next-step-in-prosecution-of-ruben-ebron

Classito

"An attorney not affiliated with the case said the negotiated deal could cause problems for the prosecution if the case ever goes to trial."

"If he decided not to accept the plea and Ruben Ebron gave this information only on the conditions of a plea, then again the state attorney's office would not be able to legally use that information because Ruben Ebron has already gained his immunity by giving them information that is truthful," said Rhonda Peoples-Waters.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/local/jacksonville/next-step-in-prosecution-of-ruben-ebron

Classito

Except that the case would only go to trial if the judge deems, based on the medical examiner's report, that information that RE gave was NOT truthful.

MOO

I have a feeling that information is truthful...and we will most likely hear that LB was present when Lonzie passed...The photos RE took of Lonzie were before LB went to work...

"Ebron, who became "visibly upset and was crying," told investigators they needed to see cell phone pictures he took of Lonzie "an hour before" [redacted] went to Wacko's. Ebron said detectives would be able to see in those pictures, which showed the front and profile views of Lonzie, that "something was wrong with" him, according to the report. "
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story...groundbreaking-details-ebron-barton/76816922/

and in the drug video there is a part with LB saying to the CI

“Well, when he died, you know how they told me to slow my heart rate down? Like how to calm yourself or whatever? Start at like 60 and just start counting backwards,” Lonna Barton says."
http://www.news4jax.com/news/local/...unty-drug-case-against-lonzie-bartons-parents

Classito

That's right. I almost forgot about the pictures of sweet Lonzie, and at one time I was so focused on them. Again, why did he take those pictures. And being the first one to mention the injuries to LE. That is what was on his mind. He took pictures of a sick baby, did he know Lonzie was not going to make it?

I have a feeling that information is truthful...and we will most likely hear that LB was present when Lonzie passed...The photos RE took of Lonzie were before LB went to work...

"Ebron, who became "visibly upset and was crying," told investigators they needed to see cell phone pictures he took of Lonzie "an hour before" [redacted] went to Wacko's. Ebron said detectives would be able to see in those pictures, which showed the front and profile views of Lonzie, that "something was wrong with" him, according to the report. "
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story...groundbreaking-details-ebron-barton/76816922/

and in the drug video there is a part with LB saying to the CI

“Well, when he died, you know how they told me to slow my heart rate down? Like how to calm yourself or whatever? Start at like 60 and just start counting backwards,” Lonna Barton says."
http://www.news4jax.com/news/local/...unty-drug-case-against-lonzie-bartons-parents

Classito

That's right. I almost forgot about the pictures of sweet Lonzie, and at one time I was so focused on them. Again, why did he take those pictures. And being the first one to mention the injuries to LE. That is what was on his mind. He took pictures of a sick baby, did he know Lonzie was not going to make it?

No telling why he took the photos. Maybe he was going to turn her in for neglect but changed his mind and deleted them. Hard to know what he was thinking. But it sure sounds like she knew how sick Lonzie was and was there when Lonzie died. I wonder who the 'they' are. Sounds like more than RE was with her.

Classito

Was anyone else able to read the part of Ebron's statement to police that the TV station put up? I typed out what I could read of it.

I saw a page somewhere that was clearly readable except for the redacitons

No telling why he took the photos. Maybe he was going to turn her in for neglect but changed his mind and deleted them. Hard to know what he was thinking. But it sure sounds like she knew how sick Lonzie was and was there when Lonzie died. I wonder who the 'they' are. Sounds like more than RE was with her.

Classito

And in this case I am trying to keep an open mind to all possibilities. A huge impact on me was watching Lonna lie to LE in the interview about Lonna's mother seeing the bruise on Mon or Tues. LLB was adamant and convincing, to me, that she pointed out the bruise to LLB's mother Mon/Tues, then later on in the interview say she (LLB) didn't see the bruise until Thursday. She is a very good liar and I can't believe anything from her since then.

So, IMO there are two situations. First, Lonzie crossed over due to injuries and lack of medical care. This would explain, to me, why RE took those pictures and why he told LE of the injuries. Regarding the amount of blood found in the apartment. If Lonzie died from injuries and was bleeding that heavy, then I'd wish to see LLB charged with some degree of murder.

The other situation is that Lonzie's injuries were not fatal. Being sick he could have had to have his diaper changed often, including his clothing from vomit. This baby would have been cranky and fussy. Would that have caused RE to lose his temper and hit this baby? IDK.

As far as LLB say 'they' told her how to slow her breathing down, I had thought she was referring to LE when LE told her that Lonzie may not be alive. Now, I'm not sure. Which video has LLB saying this? I tried and could not find it. TIA

Chief Hackney you are the voice of Lonzie.....when Lonzie couldn't ask for help you spoke for him..you stood up for him....you helped bring our Blue Eyed Baby Boy home....thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member