Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, guns -- that sounds most likely. Don't know why I hadn't even thought of that.

I'm confused though on another part of that report. About the police hearing her yelling Maddie's name outside her house? That's what the commentator on the video thought that redacted part meant. But in the first mention of it, it says they pulled up to the house and Ms Stearns was outside yelling for a [redacted]. The way he said that, I thought he meant she was yelling for a dog, because he said "a" before the redacted part. But it wouldn't make sense that he would redact the word dog. Maaaaybe I could see him redacting the dog's name, but then there wouldn't be the "a" in front of a name.

But if the redacted part says Maddie, why is there an "a" in there? "yelling for a Maddie"?? OK well, now I can see that that might be possible after all. Seems weird to write it that way though, especially given that the cop would have recognized the name Maddie as the victim's name. But it's possible, I guess. Also I know it may have been just a typo and he didn't really even mean to type the "a" at all. So never mind that.

But also, it still doesn't make sense to me that that redacted part would say Maddie. Why would she be outside yelling for Maddie? They said maybe she thought SS had brought her back to their house and left her in the woods. Did they mean maybe she thought Maddie might be back there in the woods somewhere, alive? Like maybe he tied her up outside or left her injured or something? That's all so very weird. And how all this was happening just as LE showed up. Seems strange. Even though it was at 3 am when she woke up to the dogs barking and thought SS had come back.

And what happened with that also? Did she not get up to see if it was him? WAS it him? Was he or anyone else there when she got up in the morning? Why would she not think it would be her husband? Just because he's never awake at that hour probably. But she said her husband was supposed to be in Kissimee or wherever SS was, because he had to go help him with a "housing crisis". What was that about? And why would SS be coming back to her house while Dad was off supposedly helping SS?

And Maddie was already reported missing at this time, and CS had gone, as we know, to where SS was, but not for any housing crisis, but because of the missing Maddie. Did CS make up the "housing crisis" story as an excuse to go to SS, and avoid telling DS about Maddie?? But DS did know about Maddie, we know, because she talked to local LE about it. So why was DS still saying CS had gone to SS for some housing crisis issue, whatever that means? That part totally confused me.
I think the housing crisis was because they couldn’t return to the condo and needed a hotel room and CS had to pay for it as they couldnt

Of course, guns -- that sounds most likely. Don't know why I hadn't even thought of that.

I'm confused though on another part of that report. About the police hearing her yelling Maddie's name outside her house? That's what the commentator on the video thought that redacted part meant. But in the first mention of it, it says they pulled up to the house and Ms Stearns was outside yelling for a [redacted]. The way he said that, I thought he meant she was yelling for a dog, because he said "a" before the redacted part. But it wouldn't make sense that he would redact the word dog. Maaaaybe I could see him redacting the dog's name, but then there wouldn't be the "a" in front of a name.

But if the redacted part says Maddie, why is there an "a" in there? "yelling for a Maddie"?? OK well, now I can see that that might be possible after all. Seems weird to write it that way though, especially given that the cop would have recognized the name Maddie as the victim's name. But it's possible, I guess. Also I know it may have been just a typo and he didn't really even mean to type the "a" at all. So never mind that.

But also, it still doesn't make sense to me that that redacted part would say Maddie. Why would she be outside yelling for Maddie? They said maybe she thought SS had brought her back to their house and left her in the woods. Did they mean maybe she thought Maddie might be back there in the woods somewhere, alive? Like maybe he tied her up outside or left her injured or something? That's all so very weird. And how all this was happening just as LE showed up. Seems strange. Even though it was at 3 am when she woke up to the dogs barking and thought SS had come back.

And what happened with that also? Did she not get up to see if it was him? WAS it him? Was he or anyone else there when she got up in the morning? Why would she not think it would be her husband? Just because he's never awake at that hour probably. But she said her husband was supposed to be in Kissimee or wherever SS was, because he had to go help him with a "housing crisis". What was that about? And why would SS be coming back to her house while Dad was off supposedly helping SS?

And Maddie was already reported missing at this time, and CS had gone, as we know, to where SS was, but not for any housing crisis, but because of the missing Maddie. Did CS make up the "housing crisis" story as an excuse to go to SS, and avoid telling DS about Maddie?? But DS did know about Maddie, we know, because she talked to local LE about it. So why was DS still saying CS had gone to SS for some housing crisis issue, whatever that means? That part totally confused me.
I believe the "housing crisis" was SS and JS being kicked out of the condo on the 27th. That's when LE secured the home and kept SS' phone. CS then drove out to get them a hotel room apparently. Early the next morning, the 28th, SS left the hotel room and drove back to his parents' home in North Port in Jen's vehicle. For what, probably to destroy more evidence IMO

Yeah, I think the “housing crisis” was his nice way of saying SS was in trouble again. Perhaps there have been other incidents involving JS and SS in the past and good old Dad comes to the rescue.

I believe the "housing crisis" was SS and JS being kicked out of the condo on the 27th. That's when LE secured the home and kept SS' phone. CS then drove out to get them a hotel room apparently. Early the next morning, the 28th, SS left the hotel room and drove back to his parents' home in North Port in Jen's vehicle. For what, probably to destroy more evidence IMO
That’s makes sense.

Good find, @Seattle1. Very interesting stuff in the video you posted. For the life of me, I can't imagine what in the world SS could have gone back for, that wasn't cash, that had to be redacted. And whatever it was that she retrieved from his bedroom, it was more than one of whatever it was (she "secured them"). What would she have thought had to be secured in her bedroom, that was originally in his, especially because whatever it was had to be redacted? I can't even begin to imagine what it was, or even why. And secured them from whom? SS? Whatever it was was his to begin with, or they wouldn't have been in his bedroom. I hope we're privy to that info at some point!

View attachment 522742

Video source to keep things together:
Thinking “them” are firearms, maybe handguns. Didn’t we discuss sometime back on this thread that LE found a gun among Sterns things (in backpack?) in his room at JS’s?

MOO.

Added: read on and see a number of you agree.

Last edited:
I don't believe any Sterns attended MS birthday party.
That is my belief too. IIRC, it was GH that said that in one of his live videos that's posted upthread. I don't have the timestamp handy to post it for people, but off the top of my head (so it's my opinion), he had started to say that, then changed to saying something else. The best way to describe that is when someone is talking, and changes their mind mid-sentence, so things get jumbled up. That's my take at least. Maybe one of you have the actual timestamp to post it here.
Also, I understand that the husband/father traveled to be with SS/JS and had stayed at the same hotel. I think this is confirmed in the Court documents. MOO
That's correct. Pg 120:

On February 28, 2024, at approximately 0213 hours, Stephan, [JS], and Stephan's father check into the hotel at the front desk. Stephan and [JS] are given room #239 and Stephan's father is given room #203.

You warned me. But of course, I did it anyway. He had one of THOSE???? IN HIS PARENTS' HOUSE??? Given his history, I can't be shocked. But I am. He wasn't 14. Or 19.

Was the whole world for his personal, sick convenience?

Still ordering up books like he's off at summer camp.

It's like his CARE center is fried.

I mean the part where people are supposed to care about other people. It's just SS and his needs.

Everything about him, revolting.

JMO
I hated when he made that comment about getting away from his old crazy parents and the yapping poodles. So disrespectful. Does anyone know if he is an only child?

Sometimes have to just shake my head at this sad story of MS.

Is there evidence known of how many times or occurrences that JS had requested for MS to ‘sleep’ in another room with SS her ‘boyfriend’ - in order that she (JS) could get herself a good night of sleep? (Even saying that is frankly maddening and cringe-worthy IMO. And having happened even once seems improper in many respects.)

And let’s not forget that MS was relegated to a small corner of the living room IIUC? And she didn’t even have her own room or private space in which to be a child or growing adult. :(

IMO I hope that the extended time without any indication of charges for anyone aside from SS - is because authorities are carefully examining any and all evidence before proceeding. And that potential charges including child endangerment and endangering the welfare of a child and other offenses (FL state and federal) that seem to have led to this tragic and also IMO preventable outcome are also being considered. MOO
I pray for justice for that little girl.

But what's interesting to me now that you brought up the possibility it was guns... what possessed her to go into his room to "secure them" in her room? What was going through her head? It would have to be something because most parents aren't going to go into their son's room to retrieve guns and put them in "safekeeping". Not unless they have a good reason to. I'd think she would have had to think that he'd do something bad with them (kill himself? Did he call either of them and sound suicidal? That's me musing out loud as I haven't read that he was).
I think it possible SS could have had guns in his room that belonged to his father. Knowing SS was involved in a police investigation, securing weapons registered to her husband would be a good reason to go in his room. Also, given it's their home, she may have swept the room for contraband. And probably a good thing since Police apparently arrived with a search warrant! MOO

I
I think it possible SS could have had guns in his room that belonged to his father. Knowing SS was involved in a police investigation, securing weapons registered to her husband would be a good reason to go in his room. Also, given it's their home, she may have swept the room for contraband. And probably a good thing since Police apparently arrived with a search warrant! MOO
I could see them removing contraband like illegal drugs (eg: oxy) or whatever he may have had that perhaps he should not have. They’d worry about him getting caught for that and would want to ensure that he wasn’t and that they weren’t screwed for any (possible) drugs police might find in their home…. I wonder if they imagined LE might show up with a warrant at some point? MOOOOOO SPECULATIVE ONLY.

But why did CS have to drive out there IDGI? Couldn’t he have just booked a room for them online or over the phone?

But why did CS have to drive out there IDGI? Couldn’t he have just booked a room for them online or over the phone?
I don't think SS had ever dealt with anything on his own.

On the subject of the redacted items, I thought of SD cards first, but I agree firearms are a more likely guess. I don't think his mom would have thought to look for SD cards.

Maybe since SS' phone was confiscated, SS needed his dad to purchase him another phone (which would also end up being confiscated). Remember, SS took his dad's car from North Port up to Kissimee too. You kinda get the feeling SS' parents are always there to do him 'favors.'

I'm not sure he "had to" drive out there, but he did. What's interesting to me is what the 2 of them did in the early morning hours. SS left left the hotel a little than 3 hrs before his dad, but they returned to the hotel within 5 minutes of each other. So, SS did "something" for ~2.5 hrs, and then likely hooked with his father (that's JMO), and then they both returned to their hotel rooms. What was that about??? It sure feels like something.

Pg 120:

On February 28, 2024, at approximately 0442 hours, Stephan exits the hotel through the main front entrance. On February 28, 2024, at approximately 0728 hours, Stephan's father exits the hotel through the main front entrance.

On February 28, 2024, at approximately 1050 hours, Stephan's father re-enters the hotel through the main front entrance.

On February 28, 2024, at approximately 1055 hours, Stephan re-enters the hotel through the main front entrance. On February 28, 2024, at approximately 1507 hours, [CS] checks out of the hotel at the front desk.

I could be confused with another case, but I *think* he has an older half-brother. I am sure I read that in something linked here a couple of weeks ago. When one of GH videos was being discussed, two of his 'friends' from when he was younger mentioned his mother and an apparent accident he had as a child, resulting in a head injury.
If someone can reduce the search terms I would use (everything I wrote above), please help me find the source.

You might want to listen to this again. I did get a lot of info from these four friends of SS's. Their impressions. One of the four SS friends, Josh, said he never saw SS lose his temper, but Chase says a head injury made SS lost his temper super fast. Josh talked about visiting the condo at the 1:15:40. Said they had to go right upstairs to the bedroom to have the visit. Said some of Jenn's family lived there too. He seemed to think MS had her own room, but it could've been the little LR section.

Stephan Sterns - All Full Interviews With Chapters (my notes)
Ryan 1:19 (from back when they were preteens)
Frank 23:43 (more recent friend - a gamer friend)
Josh part 1 47:49 (16 when met SS in CA, SS hit on his ex wife) (1:02:00 Josh did meet MS once / 1:04:11 met JS, tells his impression.)
Josh part 2 1:13:31 (Josh met MS & JS. Josh went to condo 1:15:40)
Chase 1:36:50 (friend from high school, lived in same room for five yrs. Knew SS when he was 17-27 yrs. old. SS pulled a gun on him. Now he says after SS got hit in head he lost his temper quick!)

Found it.

Without going through the whole video, I believe it was Chase and Ryan that mentioned an older half-brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member