Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to agree with you. I am just still quite curious how the police are so confident her body was moved. I feel like they have to have some sort of evidence at the OG crime scene or video of body moving.
@MassGuy, I have a new question for us to think about on crime scene:

Madeline Soto’s body was recovered around 4:30 p.m. in a wooded area in Osceola County. Earlier, Orange County Sheriff John Mina said investigators were “confident” that a missing 13-year-old Florida girl is dead.

How did they know she was dead before they found her?

I'm not MassGuy (last I checked. lol) but I'm thinking they knew she was dead by how they observed her/how she looked. It wasn't so much that they knew, but what they felt/observed from whatever it is they saw. But! I defer to MassGuy. :)

Or called her, rather than waste time driving around. I'm sure she had her cell phone in her vehicle with her.
Well, she couldn’t have emailed the teacher from the car while driving around looking for Maddie if she didn’t have a device from which to do so right? Or did she go home and use a device from home?

If JS lied to LE when she said she saw Maddie getting dressed that morning at 8, she could be in BIG trouble.

(2) A person who knowingly gives false information to a law enforcement officer concerning the alleged commission of a capital felony, commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

Would they throw the book at a grieving mother who’s bf she just learned SA’d her daughter over a few years and likely killed her? Or would they just say that finding all that out is punishment enough?

Not only did they know she was dead before they found her, but they knew she was already dead when he returned to the apartment at 8:19, when Madeline was supposedly visible inside the vehicle. Perhaps they have video of SS carrying her to the vehicle hours earlier, under the cover of darkness. Or maybe they have video of her being placed in the trunk, and her being visible during the return trip was communicated poorly. Maybe there was something on his phone that proved her death. They knew, somehow, and the million dollar question is what the hell that evidence is.

I'm not MassGuy (last I checked. lol) but I'm thinking they knew she was dead by how they observed her/how she looked. It wasn't so much that they knew, but what they felt/observed from whatever it is they saw. But! I defer to MassGuy. :)
Thank you! That makes sense but I have rhetorical questions that are practical but indelicate.

If the confidence that she was dead came from video where she appeared propped in the car deceased, wouldn’t you have to look *really dead* for them to notice that? I really wonder what they saw that they could draw that much confidence from.

Would they throw the book at a grieving mother who’s bf she just learned SA’d her daughter over a few years and likely killed her? Or would they just say that finding all that out is punishment enough?

If that were the situation, why would she lie about when she last saw her daughter?

I have wondered if he assaulted her then coerced her to walk out to the car in the dark. That wouldn't initially raise suspicion as it could be an ER trip or something. But then took her somewhere nearby and murdered her, probably strangulation, drugs, but not a gun, too messy.

Thank you! That makes sense but I have rhetorical questions that are practical but indelicate.

If the confidence that she was dead came from video where she appeared propped in the car deceased, wouldn’t you have to look *really dead* for them to notice that? I really wonder what they saw that they could draw that much confidence from.
Yeah, that's precisely why I have a hard time believing the video alone could prove that. We know that surveillance footage can be all over the place in terms of quality. But even if you had a really, really, good one, I just don't see how they could have made that determination from that. Whose to say she wasn't just sleeping, even if she was in an awkward position?

Not only did they know she was dead before they found her, but they knew she was already dead when he returned to the apartment at 8:19, when Madeline was supposedly visible inside the vehicle. Perhaps they have video of SS carrying her to the vehicle hours earlier, under the cover of darkness. Or maybe they have video of her being placed in the trunk, and her being visible during the return trip was communicated poorly. Maybe there was something on his phone that proved her death. They knew, somehow, and the million dollar question is what the hell that evidence is.
Totally agree. I was originally terrified they had found other video on his phone that gave them confidence but did see the arrest warrant crime dates were from 3/20/22 to 12/3/23. I hope the fact there are no February dates is a small blessing in this pile of nightmares.

So her sister went to “location” and couldn’t see the video they let her know what was on it.

Which location was this supposed to have been at? The police station where they may have reviewed the footage? The church when they went to find out if they had footage?

Would LE allow the aunt (or anyone) to be on location at the last place a missing child was last seen? Which day was this supposed to have happened on?
she said it in the first interview tuesday 2/27, believe it was at 10pm. she didnt explain 'the location' her sister was at. she was also lamenting she hadnt heard anything from LE since the morning. IMO, SS's statement probably already tanked and her's was on the edge.

Yeah, that's precisely why I have a hard time believing the video alone could prove that. We know that surveillance footage can be all over the place in terms of quality. But even if you had a really, really, good one, I just don't see how they could have made that determination from that. Whose to say she wasn't just sleeping, even if she was in an awkward position?
I have the best Ring camera on the market and I still cannot tell the people in the cars driving by from Lizard Man! I can’t even see passengers faces well in phone camera recordings.

www.courttv.com

Murder of Madeline Soto: Three Big Things Happening In the Case

Several big things happening in the Murder of Madeline Soto case, including an inappropriate image being posted on social media.
www.courttv.com
www.courttv.com

Like Quote
Thank You for posting this, @twall.
The body language expert’s take on JS in this video is really interesting…
Bingo! The body expert said it! I may not be allowed to here, but when you listen to the body expert know that I'm nodding my head yes, yes, yes.

Thanks for carrying the video forward, @bdawk20.

Court TV Video-- Murder of Madeline Soto: Three Big Things Happening In the Case

it was mentioned in both pressers. first presser: Sheriff Mina says friends, mom, BF etc were interviewed. he stated they were able to access Madeline's phone and there is information on her phone that she TOLD PEOPLE (but he doesnt say who) that when she turned 13 she actually wanted to go live in the woods. which is why they were searching areas like that. he then answered the media question and said: it was either through text msgs or social media msgs.

second interview: he states the same thing: text msgs/social media msgs.

wondering if they recovered that msg because it was deleted or it was still on the phone.
I wonder if Le have asked for access to Maddie’s friends texts /social media exchanges with Maddie from THEIR devices to compare against what hers looked like on her end? Some apps you can delete something on your end but it’s still visible to someone else you’re communicating with (eg: fb messenger I think you can delete for you or for everyone). Might end up a very interesting part of the investigation.

I’d like to know if police have reviewed or are likely to review Maddie’s school attendance history over the years? Any long periods of “illness”? Any pattern of days missed? Days late? Those are the days before which I’d be looking for any possible evidence of abuse be it SA, a fight between anyone in the household that involved her or not etc. How about any behaviors noted at school? Or days when maybe a teacher noted she was acting or dressed differently? Maybe suddenly she stopped caring about her work or her appearance or became withdrawn?

I hope they find everything they can and no only nail the b******(s?) who are responsible but also consider making a training excercise out of it for school staff. Eg: if you notice X, Y, Z these are good reasons to be concerned!

I can't wrap my head around what JS was doing between showing up at the school at 4:30 and finding no Madeline to contacting law enforcement at 8:00 p.m.? I can understand swinging by grandma's office to see if she had gone there, and if it were me I would have immediately called SS to verify he'd seen her go into the school in the morning, but after that? What else would it occur to you to do? I can't imagine futzing around with emailing a teacher and waiting for a reply. Especially after getting the automatic notification at 6 p.m. that she'd been absent. At that point, you've already wasted an hour and a half and now you know for sure she wasn't in school, so what else is there to do except call 911?
I wanna know at what point bio dad was notified his daughter was absent from school and now considered a missing child?? Who called him? Her? Police? Ss?

Bingo! The body expert said it! I may not be allowed to here, but when you listen to the body expert know that I'm nodding my head yes, yes, yes.
I also find it interesting that during some parts, she looks up when speaking. During others, she looks into the camera. Similarly, during some parts she sounds like your average human speaking, during others, there is IMO a very flat tone, like lack of all these little high and low nuances in voice when we speak, lack of emotion so to say.
I have no idea what if anything that means, but it does stand out to me that there are different modes she uses when speaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member