Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s nice to see a news channel confirming that the confusion is not just all in our minds.
From the news report:

"Before she was found dead, SS told investigators that Maddie got out of his car, she looked in the backpack before he drove away (but he told media himself in his own interview wherein he was crying that he watched her walk away toward the school. Mom said in her interview that she was seen on video waiting around the parking lot for awhile before proceeding toward the school -- just highlighting some discrepancies - this was NOT mentioned in this particular news report).....The backpack was found in the dumpster. After her death, he then told police that he went home for about an hour after going to the vape store and running errands.

Oh man.

MS would be in middle school and I doubt that there is a pick up list for kids that age.
Where I work, yes there is a list. There is even an alert if there is a custody dispute. Parents must also show ID to pick up kids. An adult can't just walk in a school and ask for a child to leave with them. The legal guardian who enrolls them is the one who controls who can pick them up and who is listed as contacts, in what order, and whether they should be contacted for emergencies.

So we have this article that says mom told:

“deputies Feb. 26 that she saw her daughter getting dressed for school at 8 a.m. Monday, and Sterns then took her to school.”

And this article that says:

“Although it was believed that Madeline was last seen on her way to school, Orange County Sheriff John W. Mina said during the press conference that detectives determined that Madeline was never dropped off by her mother's boyfriend, Stephan Sterns, 37.

"Instead, we believe she was already dead at the time and that Stephan Sterns moved her body in the early morning hours on that day. We have video evidence that shows Stephen Sterns discarding items in a dumpster in that apartment complex in Kissimmee at 7:35 a.m. on Monday, Feb. 26," Mina said”

Was there video of camera footage of SS being seen? Was it posted?
I don't think they've made the actual video public, but the guy who called the tip in has talked to the media.

This new information is very upsetting. I just have to trust that law enforcement are taking these conflicting statements serious and will pursue it if something is there.
LE will have been looking very carefully at everything which was said in all of the interviews and checking not only what was said ,but the body language shown. They will have other evidence and will check every inconsistency and re interview to clarify statements in the light of any new evidence. We only know a fraction of the evidence LE have .

So we have this article that says mom told:

“deputies Feb. 26 that she saw her daughter getting dressed for school at 8 a.m. Monday, and Sterns then took her to school.”

And this article that says:

“Although it was believed that Madeline was last seen on her way to school, Orange County Sheriff John W. Mina said during the press conference that detectives determined that Madeline was never dropped off by her mother's boyfriend, Stephan Sterns, 37.

"Instead, we believe she was already dead at the time and that Stephan Sterns moved her body in the early morning hours on that day. We have video evidence that shows Stephen Sterns discarding items in a dumpster in that apartment complex in Kissimmee at 7:35 a.m. on Monday, Feb. 26," Mina said”
Ugh. Mom’s statement that she saw her get dressed for school at 8am cannot be true. SS on video dumping things at 7:35. Seen driving away from school (I forget the time but between 7:35 & 8:19am). And seen on video with her possibly dead body in his car. 8am she could not have seen her kid getting ready for school.

I wouldn't be surprised he began long before he started capturing it on camera. Likely started soon into the relationship. MOO.
I've been wondering if he got into the relationship with Jenn before he knew she had a young daughter, or did he meet/see Maddie first and then get into a relationship with the mother?

Snip
Newly obtained documents show that the girl’s mother told deputies Feb. 26 that she saw her daughter getting dressed for school at 8 a.m. Monday, and Sterns then took her to school.

Sources tell Channel 9 that Jennifer Soto has been interviewed multiple times by detectives from two agencies and that they are looking closely at all the statements she has made.
Sounds like this may be getting interesting (not in a good way). I'm glad they are doing such a thorough investigation. I want to see the justice Madeline deserves. My heart breaks for this girl and for all who love her.

MS would be in middle school and I doubt that there is a pick up list for kids that age.
They have an ID system in place for car riders.
Car Pick-up:

• All car riders will wait inside the cafeteria.
  • Adults picking up the students must display the number on their dashboard as they go through the car line. As the car approaches the building, the number will be called into the cafeteria. Students will then exit the cafeteria and meet their car under the awning.
  • If an adult does not have the number displayed in their car, they will be asked to park and enter the office to present identification and sign out the child.
  • Parents driving through the drop off lanes or anywhere in the school parking lot should not be on cell phones. Parents need to drive slowly and should always be focused on safety. Please do not use cell phones while driving on campus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand