Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so he made the alibi he drove her to school right? He’s got her propped up in the car. Ok. When he’s got back to the backpack dump site, what’s he done with her then? Is she still propped up? Ok. Does he leave her propped up and drive for awhile and find a spot to park with her dead in the seats propped up? Cover her up with a blanket or otherwise obscure her from view to get out of the area? I don’t mean to be seeming like I’m picking at your post. I am not at all! Your post just made me think of a way this may have gone down is all.

Maybe this is how they came to believe she was dead at 8:19. It could be as simple as he did the perp drive to / away from the school with her propped. Can’t drop her. She can’t move. So goes to the home having made the alibi… gets a blanket or whatever and drapes it over her. If he did that - it would have been pretty sus that she was dead.

Driving along with a literal corpse has got to be a weird thing! Maybe he needed some “space” or to depersonalize her a bit in order to make the drive?

Just a theory. Not fact.
Thats the problem. We hardly have any details. I'm wondering if he was driving around to create the alibi of taking her to school then he didn't know what to do after that. He came back to the apartment but we dont know if he got out of the car there or how long he was there. I haven't seen anything about a time that he left with her body again. I'm not sure what time the witness saw him on the side of the road with the supposed flat tire. There isnt much of a verified timeline at all.

Someone up thread might have been hulk (new member name escapes me) pointed out something about the police report. That they were called by 4:43pm. But it seemed the call may have been from grandma’s office which is right near the school.

The address noted on the report was not mom’s or the schools. Is that where she called them from or where they met with her? I don’t know. But that may mean she didn’t have her cell phone with her at the time for whatever reason. She forgot it. Couldn’t find it? He hid it from her? It was low on battery and she didn’t have a charger in the car? Could be any number of reasons if she didn’t have / use her cell to call police.

We don’t know where she emailed the teacher from either. Could be she emailed from Grandma’s.

If she usually had her cell on her and suddenly didn’t for a period of time that day / evening that may also help cook a goose if there is a goose to be cooked. MOo
That report also stated that SS was there at the school and he gave a statement, so maybe he was with JS the entire time from 4:43 on. Maybe she called him first and he came rushing over "to help". So he would have his cell phone also. MOO.
ETA: I'm assuming SS was at the school when the sheriff took the report because it said he was questioned and he gave his version of the morning drop off.

Which would also explain his return to the house. The issue is the timing though, if he was hoping to be caught on camera to establish an alibi (both of them visible in vehicle near school).

It’s just too early.
Hey, I didn't say he was smart lol
In an interview, he said something along the lines of, "I dropped her off too early" or something. Like he felt so bad something happened to her because he dropped her off so early.

Last edited:
Someone up thread might have been hulk (new member name escapes me) pointed out something about the police report. That they were called by 4:43pm. But it seemed the call may have been from grandma’s office which is right near the school.

The address noted on the report was not mom’s or the schools. Is that where she called them from or where they met with her? I don’t know. But that may mean she didn’t have her cell phone with her at the time for whatever reason. She forgot it. Couldn’t find it? He hid it from her? It was low on battery and she didn’t have a charger in the car? Could be any number of reasons if she didn’t have / use her cell to call police.

We don’t know where she emailed the teacher from either. Could be she emailed from Grandma’s.

If she usually had her cell on her and suddenly didn’t for a period of time that day / evening that may also help cook a goose if there is a goose to be cooked. MOo
I believe earlier someone said that address was the Grandma's office

Could be. The sheriff made it sound like the 8:19 video was the source but they're trying to inform the public without sharing anything vital so it may have come off wrong.

For reference:
”At 8.19am, we have evidence that shows Stephan Sterns returning to the complex and Madeline was visible in that vehicle. We believe she was already dead at that time,” the sheriff said.
Actually a question. Genuinely asking cause I don’t know. It’s about 17-22 mins roughly to drive the complex to the school. He dumped her things at 7:35.

Was HE seen driving away from the area of the school or his CAR was seen? Is it possible — that he wasn’t driving it at the time (8:10am).

And then LE say he returned to the complex and Maddie was visible in the car.
8:19.

I’ve assumed this meant he rolled into the complex with her visible somehow in the car likely already dead.

Any chance the plate scanner caught the car but not him driving it? I don’t know how visible car occupants might be so any insight appreciated.

I can summarize, IIRC.

Mom knows something, but she may or may not have been involved in Maddie's death.
Well, we have already figured that out ourselves. We didn't need TBP to tell us this.
I do enjoy watching their analysis though.
I haven't watched the whole episode but they're talking about that funny sound in the background being a parrot, not a dog feeder.
IMO.

Last edited:
Actually a question. Genuinely asking cause I don’t know. It’s about 17-22 mins roughly to drive the complex to the school. He dumped her things at 7:35.

Was HE seen driving away from the area of the school or his CAR was seen? Is it possible — that he wasn’t driving it at the time (8:10am).

I’ve assumed this meant he rolled into the complex with her visible somehow in the car likely already dead.

Any chance the plate scanner caught the car but not him driving it? I don’t know how visible car occupants might be so any insight appreciated.
I’m gonna elaborate a bit here: he dumped her things at 7:35 but then what happened? Are we sure he drove out of the complex WITH Maddie (dead)? Or. Do they have only his CAR returning with a dead body in it at 8:19?

There is something really bothersome here and I can’t put my finger on it. But I hope police have him driving away with her, in the 8:10 bit as driving and or in the car with her and at 8:19 driving in with her body. I hope no one else involved here.ugh.

I'm not sure how he could not be driving when near the school and then be driving at home 9 minutes later. No time to switch drivers.

Are you thinking it was somebody else driving his car at 8:10, and he drove into the complex in another vehicle w Maddie visible at 8:19?

You're welcome. This is the first I've encountered this particular group before. Their analysis rang true to me, but at the same time I don't think any of their methods are considered scientifically sound. So I'm not taking anything they say as being anything other than...interesting. Hmm.

Podcasts are a literal lifesaver for me. Without being able to listen to them I would die of boredom at work. There are so many good ones out there.

I'm not sure how he could not be driving when near the school and then be driving at home 9 minutes later. No time to switch drivers.
Depends if started out as the driver when the car left. He may not have been the driver. That’s what I am asking. Could the scanner have caught HiM driving or just his plate?

Are you thinking it was somebody else driving his car at 8:10, and he drove into the complex in another vehicle w Maddie visible at 8:19?
This crossed my mind as well. But then how would you transfer her in daylight at that hour? Surely that didn’t happen? Right? Occam’s razor says that’s crazy! But SS is well, crazy!

Does he get out and switch so now he’s the driver? What time does he leave the complex? Where’s his car and Maddie between 8:19 -1pm-2:30 when he’s seen on video in area of body location?

Here's a thought.

1. SS dumping Maddie's stuff caught on camera at 7:45.

2. Maddie seen deceased in SS car at 8:19.

SPECULATION FOLLOWS

Maybe Maddie was deceased in the car at 7:45, but the camera range did not pick that up because it was aimed at the dumpster, not the car.

If it had been, it might have shown the same definitive evidence that the other camera showed at 8:19

The list I have in my head of serial killers caught by traffic/patrol cops somehow is edging into double figures, I think. I'll have to write them all down at some point. And there are notorious names in there. Bundy. Sutcliffe.

MOO

Please share that list when you've compiled it. I'd love to see it.

This crossed my mind as well. But then how would you transfer her in daylight at that hour? Surely that didn’t happen? Right? Occam’s razor says that’s crazy! But SS is well, crazy!
He could have put her in the car in the dark. I've always thought he killed her in the middle of the night. Didnt take her out until he got to the place he left her body. Depending how he had her placed in car she was either hidden or appeared to be sleeping to anyone that may have noticed her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member