Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is that yes, JS went to the school -- at perhaps 4:30 -- and was told Maddy had not been at school the entire day. JS mentioned going into school. I don't remember any mention of checking with teachers or any kids still there. It appears to me that from the school, JS probably went to her mom's office thinking that was the most likely place Maddy would have walked to. Since Maddy wasn't at mom's office nor school, JS made the call to LE -- 4:45 if I remember correctly. There is another mention of going back to the school, which was locked by the time JS returned. -- from understanding and memory.

I don't recall her ever saying this. Would you point me to where she did? Thanks!

Touching on a few things here-

Apparently unless you are an OWNER, you cannot receive mail from the USPS there.

One of the reviews stated:
No, renters are not entitled to receive USPS mail.
Snipped and bolded for focus.

Well that makes a lot more sense as to why I couldn’t find her linked to this address since it’s in her father’s name. Although her ex-husband did come up linked to the address even though he isn’t an owner. As did SS.

Still weird that I can’t find her linked with any address - or anything else for that matter - anywhere.

according to SS statement to the press, "i even went out with the cops where I dropped her off', we looked all up and down the road...there was nothing helpful, none of the cameras were pointing the street..."

of course, he is a liar, but it appears this did happen with LE. BUT: when????? no time is indicated.
Moreover when did he scope the area to learn where the cameras were to know they weren’t going to be helpful?!?

If she went into the school, that’s news to me. That was one of the aspects of her account that has always bothered me. She talked about driving around looking for Madeline, and when she returned to the school it was closed.

ETA: Transcript provided by @Allabouttrial

MUM - Yes. I went to pick her up after school and she wasn't there, so I started driving around, maybe thinking she took a walk; maybe she decided to walk to my mum's office which is pretty close to the school as well, drove around and I didn't see anything. I drove back to the school, the school was closed. I emailed one of her teachers, they confirmed that she was absent all day. At that point is when I called 911 because I realised something was truly wrong.

I read or heard once that an LE said that people who are committing big crimes are more likely than most to also commit smaller crimes like driving with a brake light out etc. I always thought it odd that someone with a truck load of pot would risk driving with a light out or something like that but apparently it is very common and they know this.
I think the big time drug dealers really prey on the low hanging fruit of locals who act as the "runners" who see it as a means out of poverty or a dead-end life in a rural town. They typically aren't driving new or even new-ISH cars. They are just in a hurry to accomplish their "job" and get paid. At least do a walk around and make sure your lights work!

I always wondered what happens to the people who are running drugs and are intercepted by the police and the drugs seized. Do the people up the supply chain have a bounty out on their heads for the amount lost to them??

I am surprised that with so many lakes around which would have contained alligators , that SS left Madeline on land. Did he genuinely have a puncture and was forced to rethink his plans ,or were the woods somewhere her did know and chose the spot?
I thought this, too. Where he left her body was just a stone's throw from the Brick Lake Canal, which runs between Brick Lake and Alligator Lake. He must have just been in a complete panic and utterly disorganized because if he had put her in the canal, she probably wouldn't have been found as quickly as she was and Mother Nature would have gone a long way toward helping him destroy evidence. Not to mention how much more natural it would have looked for him to be stopped next to a waterway than just pulled off on the side of the road somewhere with nothing around. As we saw, that attracted attention. But a car pulled up next to water? Just a guy fishing, I reckon, nothing to see here.

I'm glad he's not a criminal mastermind.

Touching on a few things here-

Security at the complex:

It is a gated community, with a guard station and gate and apparently LOTS of cameras throughout the complex.
Mixed reviews about their "security" can be read on Google-

Venetian Bay VillagesCondominiums Association
(407) 343-4933

Venetian Bay VillagesCondominiums Association - Google Search

Was the guard station manned that morning as SS exited & reentered the premises? If so, I wonder what they may have seen, aside from what CCTV captured.

Secondly, someone upthread previously said they couldn't find either JS or SS on public data sources tied to this address.

Apparently unless you are an OWNER, you cannot receive mail from the USPS there.

One of the reviews stated:
No, renters are not entitled to receive USPS mail.

Just more food for thought.
So, there's no mail delivery there, then they would have to get a PO Box at the post office? I'd snap, lol. I had to get a PO Box for a while b/c my teenage daughter was taking detention notices from school out of the mailbox. Don't recommend. It's a pain!

I thought this, too. Where he left her body was just a stone's throw from the Brick Lake Canal, which runs between Brick Lake and Alligator Lake. He must have just been in a complete panic and utterly disorganized because if he had put her in the canal, she probably wouldn't have been found as quickly as she was and Mother Nature would have gone a long way toward helping him destroy evidence. Not to mention how much more natural it would have looked for him to be stopped next to a waterway than just pulled off on the side of the road somewhere with nothing around. As we saw, that attracted attention. But a car pulled up next to water? Just a guy fishing, I reckon, nothing to see here.

I'm glad he's not a criminal mastermind.
I feel that he was planning on stopping by water,but he actually did have a puncture so had to hastily remove Madeline from his car.

I too thought she went back to the school and it was closed so she emailed a teacher. I can see the school office being closed but would all teacher's have left . I would have thought there would be children doing after school activities and teachers working in their classrooms . I was a primary school teacher in the U.K and it would have been very rare for most staff not to still be in school half an hour after the children left.
In my wife's school once the admins are gone, the school is locked and you won't be able to call. Kids are hand-delivered to the bus or to their parent's cars and once that is complete teachers and admins are free to go. There may be teachers left in the building, but once the office is closed, the school is closed and you can only reach them if you know their cell number or via email.

So, there's no mail delivery there, then they would have to get a PO Box at the post office? I'd snap, lol. I had to get a PO Box for a while b/c my teenage daughter was taking detention notices from school out of the mailbox. Don't recommend. It's a pain!

I have never heard of mail not being deliverable because someone was a renter instead of the owner.

Ok so he made the alibi he drove her to school right? He’s got her propped up in the car. Ok. When he’s got back to the backpack dump site, what’s he done with her then? Is she still propped up? Ok. Does he leave her propped up and drive for awhile and find a spot to park with her dead in the seats propped up? Cover her up with a blanket or otherwise obscure her from view to get out of the area?
Shortened and bolded for focus.

This could be exactly what LE saw that made them so confident she was deceased. Before I considered being covered with a blanket it made no sense to me how they could be so confident she was deceased, if she just looked like she was sleeping. Looking like you're sleeping could mean several things. Sleeping, blacked out, or dead, etc.

But, if they caught him on cam and saw Maddie's body propped up "looking like she was sleeping", then saw him take a blanket and throw it over her head to cover her completely, and then she didn't pull it off her head... that would lead me to determine that someone was deceased and trying to be hidden from view. All MOO.

Last edited:
Well, let's talk crazy transfer in daylight hours.There's been mention of the "parrot" noise. I saw something somewhere that JS may had have a pet-sitting business at one point. So, immediately, in the dark, after the fact, the remains are placed in the car trunk. JS is pet-sitting a neighbor's animals and said neighbor has a garage for which JS has the garage door opener . . . . You pull in, rearrange the vehicle, and have a completely different scene . . .

Crazy is right, but . . .
DBM cuz I'm deferring to all those that know way more about automatic parrot feeder thingiemabobs than I do (since I never heard of one. lol)!!

That's what I love about groups like this! So much can be learned by others with different and broader experiences! :)

Last edited:
Moreover when did he scope the area to learn where the cameras were to know they weren’t going to be helpful?!?
Well, if he scoped the area to learn where all the cameras were he missed at least one (the dumpster), and possibly 2 (wherever LE caught something on cam @ 8:19am when they decided she was more than likely deceased). Due to that, I don't think he did that or he'd have driven somewhere to dispose of her backpack and laptop. Like with her body since that's one of the only places that wouldn't have a camera in them. And he's got to know there are cameras everywhere, dull knife in the drawer or not.

I've relistened to what's called "the parrot noise" over and over and IMO it's not a parrot, it's SS, which is weird. He was also banging and clanging something. A parrot isn't going to do that. At least not the sounds I heard. Then for Jenn to say "it's over" (or whatever her wording was), and for her to be correct and all the weird noises and banging had stopped... I just don't think she could call it when a parrot would stop chattering. They usually don't. lol

Due to that I think it was SS being... weird. Also, he knew she was in the middle of an interview about her missing (and deceased) daughter no less! WTH was that all about? Had she said something 'wrong' (not part of the script) and he wanted to interrupt to get her attention in any way other than walking in and saying "That's not what I told you to say", since he obviously couldn't do that. With that said, even though his spelling, grammar, and writing ability make him appear to be pretty smart (educated), I don't think he's the sharpest knife in the drawer.
This was theorized to be an automatic pet feeder saying “koda, come get your food” or something to that effect and IMO that’s the best explanation for it. I think JS closed her eyes the way she did because it was Maddie’s voice on the recording.

This was theorized to be an automatic pet feeder saying “koda, come get your food” or something to that effect and IMO that’s the best explanation for it. I think JS closed her eyes the way she did because it was Maddie’s voice on the recording.

That's what it sounded like to me. But it sounds to me like a parrot.

My own theory is that when the pet feeder drops the food, the parrot says "Koda, come get your food" imitating what it's heard the humans say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalalala