Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
2024 CF 001293
STERNS, STEPHAN MICHAEL
FIRST DEGREE MURDER (CAPITAL) (782.04 1a1)

No changes to the calendar. The Notice of Intent to Rely on Certified Records appears to be very similar as the last Google document listing. Nothing stands out to me. Just routine .zip files on SS's accounts, billing info, etc.

The Notice of Provision of Discovery shows a number of lines related to interviewing JS (1, 3, 21, 22, 32, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40) and one of transporting her (50). These could be clips of a recording or interview transcripts but it shows to me they've dug deep in regards to the mother.

Comparatively, SS is listed on lines 2, 4, 25, 26, 46, 47. Considering the amount of evidence they have, I'm not surprised there's less of him.

I wonder if JS was also seen at Orlando Psychiatric Associates.

It would seem logical to me that the hotel, hotel key pass and parking garage are related to JS's work. She may have been onsite for training in that location? A key pass is access to many things, not just a room.

1717187846977.png

Attachments

• Provision Discovery Sterns.pdf
    88 KB · Views: 11
2024 CF 001293
STERNS, STEPHAN MICHAEL

No changes to the calendar. The Notice of Intent to Rely on Certified Records appears to be very similar as the last Google document listing. Nothing stands out to me. Just routine .zip files on SS's accounts, billing info, etc.

The Notice of Provision of Discovery shows a number of lines related to interviewing JS (1, 3, 21, 22, 32, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40) and one of transporting her (50). These could be clips of a recording or interview transcripts but it shows to me they've dug deep in regards to the mother.

Comparatively, SS is listed on lines 2, 4, 25, 26, 46, 47. Considering the amount of evidence they have, I'm not surprised there's less of him.

It would seem logical to me that the hotel, hotel key pass and parking garage are related to JS's work. She may have been onsite for training in that location? A key pass is access to many things, not just a room.

View attachment 507165
That makes sense, confirming her parking, maybe? ... man, the rabbit holes you can go down. I hope you're right but this is about SS, is that standard to have another person's (Jenn') info in that discovery?

Last edited:
That makes sense, confirming her parking, maybe? ... man, the rabbit holes you can go down. I hope you're right but this is about SS, is that standard to have another person's (Jenn') info in that discovery?
Good question. I think it's a compilation of the case discovery, not necessarily just perp specific discovery. The other witness interviews are listed. I'm assuming the one that says Chris Sterns is SS's father.

2024 CF 001293
STERNS, STEPHAN MICHAEL

View attachment 507165
it specifically says hotel room key log though

IMG_4287.jpeg

It sure is interesting after all this time and all the investigation, and all the evidence... that JS herself has still not been named by LE as a suspect, not been accused, not been arrested and not been charged. Wondering if folks think that's still coming, or that she's some sort of criminal mastermind that wiped all trace of her involvement in the horrific abuse and death of her own child?
I don't actually care if she is charged or not. She has to live with herself and without Madeline for the rest of her life. She has to live with knowing what decisions she made, what things she observed or noticed or did not. Nothing else matters. No amount of jail time is going to make any of that right again for her. No matter what she does, or where she lives out her days, these are never going to change / get better. Doesn't matter to me if she rots in jail or in a hospital or a house.

View attachment 507185
Also curious as to why they included video of JS transport to the precinct
So her body language can be evaluated, did she gesture, pretend to be ill, was actually ill, talking, quiet, rolling her eyes, angry, crying, etc. All kinds of behaviors that could be clues to where she is mentally during the worst trauma of her life.

So her body language can be evaluated, did she gesture, pretend to be ill, was actually ill, talking, quiet, rolling her eyes, angry, crying, etc. All kinds of behaviors that could be clues to where she is mentally during the worst trauma of her life.
Sure, yeah, I was more curious as to why it would be pertinent to the case if she wasn’t a suspect.

Does their home/condo have a parking garage or would that be a parking garage for the un-named hotel that was also listed or some other place entirely?

The hotel info is bothersome. He clearly had full access to Madeline at home (the known/allowed strange sleeping arrangements and content from his phone matching the room/home) so there was no need for hotels for SS... I really hope this case isn't going to take another nosedive into more terribly awful things.
Could it be JS workplace? Maybe they were trying to verify she was there / her car was there? Or if his car(s?) were there at all? The other hotel in a prior document was named as Holiday Inn Club Vacations (I think). I don’t have it handy so MoO for now

l
They had hotel key log info though - to me that suggests someone had a room booked.
I wonder why they interviewed CS (the father of SS) and how many times they did so? He was listed a few times in the document and I was unsure - is that one interview broken into segments or more than one interview? Is it possible his father may have had a hotel nearby? Maybe to bring his son the car to use? Not sure how long a drive it is to his own home from the home of Js but maybe it is a long drive? Just a thought.

l

I wonder why they interviewed CS (the father of SS) and how many times they did so? He was listed a few times in the document and I was unsure - is that one interview broken into segments or more than one interview? Is it possible his father may have had a hotel nearby? Maybe to bring his son the car to use? Not sure how long a drive it is to his own home from the home of Js but maybe it is a long drive? Just a thought.
About 2-2 1/2 hrs it looks like. My guess is they interviewed SS dad to verify timeline and SS version of events. As well as how often SS went to Kissimmee, when he was living at home versus living with JS, etc.

IMG_4291.jpeg

I wonder if it had to be included based on being part of the investigation of him / maddie as a missing child and victim of SS while in the care of JS?

Interesting observations from the new doc:

There is no mention of:
- ss mother. Was she interviewed or not? If not, why not?
- no mention of the McD SS spoke about (no video from, no witness listed from there that we know of).
- No mention of JS father. Only her mother and “aunt” (assume is JS sister… in quoted because they only named her as “aunt” in the doc).
- no mention of a “blood apt” for JS

What is:
- OPS? Psych facility were MS was apparently followed by medical professional(s)? Why transport JS to there on March 4? This is after MS body was found. So after she didn’t recognize anything in photo Le showed of her daughter’s SA by SS.
- no mention of a search warrant for the hotel room (key log mentioned, not search warrant).
- no mention of JS in terms of what she said she did for the day when she thought Ms was in school or where she went after to look for her.
- no mention of any doc for SS (eg: psychiatrist for mental health and possible meds for same).

Regarding the witnesses named:
- one is the person who reported having seen SS changing a tire (this person outted themselves on social media the day LE found MS body — no link per TOS).
- The couple listed: they seem to have been interviewed & provided a statement (so in writing?). Wonder what they said?! Looks like they spoke alone with the male of the couple as well maybe?

What are:
OPS where they took Js to?
-
Lola 1 & 2?

Do we have any independent verification JS was even HOME that night?

If she was away for work, she needed someone to stay with Maddie, get her to school.

If JS was staying at a hotel, she was getting her information from SS. He could have sent her a video of MS getting ready for school, from his personal archive, so "I saw her getting dressed" could have been "I saw (a video of) her getting dressed". The night before, Maddie was "happy", no phone, "and that was it". Her (JS's) own observation? Or relayed to her by SS? Same as the morning events. "And that was it" is SS language, perhaps she used it because it's what she'd been told.

SS had no credible activity for JS in his interviews. Could it be, she simply wasn't home? Was at a hotel. While SS had unfettered access to Maddie which culminated, after years and years of horrid abuse, in murder.

This case breaks me. For Maddie.

JMO

4/12/24

4/16/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics