Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two hours early for school? Wouldn’t JS have wondered why SS was even up so early? Didn’t he himself say he isn’t a morning person? No link so mooo
Not if he waited until 8 o'clock to send it. But I don't think he's smart enough never mind -- he's been good at hiding things and manipulating people for years now.

He repeats that Maddie was rummaging through her backpack and he thought she was looking for her headphones and it was just like every other day.

Well, you rarely drop her off according to you, so how do you know what every other day is like?

did SS have his phone with him? never saw him take it out.
SBMFF

Unsure but it looks like SS was scrolling through a phone at this part of the video here:

Might not be a phone and if it is, it might not even be his. But he was doing something that looked like he was going through a phone showing someone whatever was on it.

I have been trying to give the mom the biggest benefit of the doubt in all this because I can't imagine what it would be like to be in this situation if you are not guilty of something.

However, watching the body cam something jumped out to me as very very very odd. When giving the description of Madeline's clothes she was last seen wearing, SS says she had on blue or black pants and VERY quickly and confidently JS corrects him and says black shorts. I get that maybe she had some reason to lie about seeing her that morning, but to correct SS about what she was wearing, and so quickly and confidently when she hadn't actually seen her and SS would be the one that would know what she was wearing since he supposedly dropped her off and was the last person who saw her strikes me as VERY ODD!

I dont know what it is, but something stinks here.

SBMFF

Unsure but it looks like SS was scrolling through a phone at this part of the video here:

Might not be a phone and if it is, it might not even be his. But he was doing something that looked like he was going through a phone showing someone whatever was on it.
It seemed as though the phone was MS? I thought the officer asked if "she had any social?" while he was scrolling, and the cousins (?) sitting on the sidelines all chimed in "She has Instagram."

I have been trying to give the mom the biggest benefit of the doubt in all this because I can't imagine what it would be like to be in this situation if you are not guilty of something.

However, watching the body cam something jumped out to me as very very very odd. When giving the description of Madeline's clothes she was last seen wearing, SS says she had on blue or black pants and VERY quickly and confidently JS corrects him and says black shorts. I get that maybe she had some reason to lie about seeing her that morning, but to correct SS about what she was wearing, and so quickly and confidently when she hadn't actually seen her and SS would be the one that would know what she was wearing since he supposedly dropped her off and was the last person who saw her strikes me as VERY ODD!

Could it be that she knew that M always wore the black shorts at school that day for example, without needing to see her to know which of the two she was wearing. Speculating of course but it is possible that as a mum she would know a detail about her that SS wouldn’t.

I was just thinking this exact thing! I think it will be very telling if when MS was found if she was in the shorts vs pants. I believe she is found in the shorts then how would JS know that?!

When there was the outcry about MS remains being posted to social media, I believe the body was shown in jeans and a green top. (I did not view them, but remember GH and others discussing this.)

So it is possible MS was last seen by JS wearing black shorts, and then SS pulled on pants over the shorts, or dressed MS in something else depending on timeline, involvement and exactly what happened when.

Since the temps were in the 50s, jeans and a hoodie seems more likely to me, with shorts possibly being what MS wore to bed Sunday night.

JMO though!

If your child is missing, you want them found. Safe, alive. BEFORE anyone can call you and yell you they're not.

She did say in a mumble they'd already checked with friends but it was noncommittal at best IMO. It appears Maddie wasn't maybe encouraged TO have friends, outside of school. Because otherwise that would be an exhaustive first ring search, no? 1st, known friends. 2nd, friends of friends. 3rd, friends of friends' friends 4th anyone agree may have spoken to, spoken of. Anyone with a car. A bike. A bus pass. You don't stop until you run out of ideas. You don't run out of ideas. Because if you run out of ideas, the only thing left is bad. Very bad.

SS's "and then we got the call" sits wrong. In the same way standing around waiting does.

Waiting for what?

Looked at the school (not in). So many places left! Movie theaters, high schools, malls, their own neighborhood, and the path between school and home... what if she were lying injured somewhere?

And no one checking to see if she'd made it back home?

Make that make sense.
This ! Yes. What if she was injured somewhere? And they could have had time to save her. Why is there no initiative to search?

I was just thinking this exact thing! I think it will be very telling if when MS was found if she was in the shorts vs pants. I believe she is found in the shorts then how would JS know that?!
Maybe because MS didn't own/wear black pants but black shorts were her favorite and she wore them all the time?

Mom of 6 girls here. We know what our kids wear.

ETA: Maybe she assumed those were the shorts she put on that day, even though we already know she didn't actually see her getting ready for school, as she thought she did.

It could be as simple as that.

jmo

This ! Yes. What if she was injured somewhere? And they could have had time to save her. Why is there no initiative to search?
In fact, JS said quite early on in her interviews that she thought in her heart Maddi was taken. I think especially with the way JS played up Madeline’s health situation, you’d think she’d be concerned she might have had an anxiety attack or be laying somewhere hurt. It’s hard to consider JS innocent in this. MOO

RSBM

It definitely is if you're assuming the worst.
Which I totally get, as followers of true crime we see THE worst.

jmo
Yea I understand you consider her naive and innocent and a complete victim of life and SS but I can’t agree with your point of view, based on the facts as they’ve been presented to date. MOO

If your child is missing, you want them found. Safe, alive. BEFORE anyone can call you and yell you they're not.

She did say in a mumble they'd already checked with friends but it was noncommittal at best IMO. It appears Maddie wasn't maybe encouraged TO have friends, outside of school. Because otherwise that would be an exhaustive first ring search, no? 1st, known friends. 2nd, friends of friends. 3rd, friends of friends' friends 4th anyone agree may have spoken to, spoken of. Anyone with a car. A bike. A bus pass. You don't stop until you run out of ideas. You don't run out of ideas. Because if you run out of ideas, the only thing left is bad. Very bad.

SS's "and then we got the call" sits wrong. In the same way standing around waiting does.

Waiting for what?

Looked at the school (not in). So many places left! Movie theaters, high schools, malls, their own neighborhood, and the path between school and home... what if she were lying injured somewhere?

And no one checking to see if she'd made it back home?

Make that make sense.
Family went to the office to sit with JS but no friends parents or friends that we know of. You know if this were me as a parent I would ask them all to come help. Like NOW. Start a calling tree. Put someone on social media to get the word out. Have someone man the phones.

Yea I understand you consider her naive and innocent and a complete victim of life and SS but I can’t agree with your point of view, based on the facts as they’ve been presented to date. MOO
I've never stated that I consider her either naive, or a victim of life and/or SS.

I have however stated repeatedly, that the facts we currently have show there isn't any actionable evidence that the public is aware of, to charge her with a crime.

jmo

Article with Video

Yikes, I'm watching this on Court TV for the first time. Did this just appear today? Jen is swaying. I think it's nerves and anxiety. The whole family is there. I've got to watch this a few more times.

(It just reminds me so much of Chris Watts when he had to watch the neighbor's video. Chris put his hands on top of his head and swayed. Looked like a snake coming out of the basket. His swaying was all from guilt.)

Just the Video

Article with Video

Yikes, I'm watching this on Court TV for the first time. Did this just appear today? Jen is swaying. I think it's nerves and anxiety. The whole family is there. I've got to watch this a few more times.

(It just reminds me so much of Chris Watts when he had to watch the neighbor's video. Chris put his hands on top of his head and swayed. Looked like a snake coming out of the basket. His swaying was all from guilt.)

Just the Video
Yes I think it’s been newly released.

Anyone else felt sick watching that?

Article with Video

Just the Video
MassGuy posted it yesterday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members