Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that what it's specifically saying? I never thought it was a bird myself, and she knew exactly when it would turn off whatever it was. MOO, she had more fondness in her look then than she had when she'd talk about her daughter. Usually, a parent shows some kind of affection remembering the last time they saw their child. Nope, sent her off to bed without mentioning any kiss or affection and "that was it".

Yes, she gets that smile like it's so endearing to hear that squawk interrupt the interview. All her worries about her missing daughter lift while she listens to that thingy.

She also was able to laugh about Madeline not having tattoos with the officer. No confusion even then. She has a quick response time to what's going on. She's a faster thinker than she lets on. When SS was trying to push her phone at her, she didn't have to look over to take the phone from him and she was able to keep talking while doing so. She's very aware, and yet wasn't aware of what was going on with SS molesting MS for years? Yes, I do keep bringing it up. It matters if JS had any inkling of that going on.

Now, why a mother of a 13 yr. old girls would not know if her child knows how to get home, or maybe even her address, but would know how to get to grandma's office is kind of odd. Didn't she teach her child basic info that's common to teach even a very young child?

Mother also knows Maddie has a friend from school that lives near there, but mother acts like Maddie wouldn't know where that is either. In my world, parents sometimes do know more about their kid's friends. MOO, just seems like JS doesn't take much interest and keeps her child in a vacuum. Makes Maddie sound much younger and doesn't seem to expect her to know what's going on. Plus, both JS & SS using the excuse she's ADHD, and maybe on the spectrum. All I heard positive was Maddie was a sweet happy happy girl when she was alive, but don't ask what happened because you'll get evasive answers.
All this time I thought it was SS's voice. Not his normal talking voice, obviously. lol But a silly voice.

SS staying in a hotel does fit with JS calling him to "pick MS up." SS also could "be there for the weekend" without technically have stayed the night at the condo Sunday.

Sunday night is so blurry for everyone. It would clarify a lot to know if SS picked MS up from the party. We have heard he wasn't "there", but that implies as a guest. I thought I saw photos where he appeared to be at the party, so he could have just showed up near the end as MS ride home?

JS not attending the party is also weird, IMO unless her new position had her working every weekend and it really was the only time the rest of the family could get together and celebrate MS. It seems like grandmother is pretty career focused, and she hosted the party, so this does make sense to me.

I believe he was in his car, but it gets a bit murky as to if MS was with him on the earliest dumpster trip with the laptop and backpack. Anyone?

Driving around, "Killing time", easting danishes and trying to talk a "sleeping" MS into McDonalds. I believe he WAS seen near the McDonalds, but heading in the opposite direction of where he said he was going, which is when he admitted returning to the condo..."for the clicker"

He claims he dropped her off for school and headed to a local vape shop, which was closed, so then went back to the condo and waited a bit before trying again. The vape shop was open, then a bunch of vague SS babble (depending on police interview or media interview) He then gave some stories about going to a Target and some random comic/game/geek stores and getting a flat tire, and not being able to connect with JS in time for a BJs warehouse trip she had planned OR in time to pick up MS from school that afternoon. So, most likely this is when he was out dumping poor MS, and seen getting the flat tire by a witness near the spot he dumped MS.

JS said in her interview they were home all morning and most of the day except SS went to the vape shop and then the pick up. (I think I have remembered their stories correctly.). I found it confusing. SS had also said JS had an appointment to have some blood work during the day. Doesn't sound like either JS or SS were home very much to me.

So much to unpack, so many questions we don’t have answers to. I do wonder between “the school drop off at the church”, actually re-entering the complex at 8:19 for the clicker, leaving again, the vape shop somewhere between all that being closed, returning according to him and going back out, where was MS kept hidden all this time? Assuming he went to all these places with her still in the car as he wasn’t seen at her final place until mid afternoon. Got a flat, hurt his hand boo hoo and was late for school pick up with JS. Was he even at home at all that day…Apart from when he “accidentally” reset his phone… I’m not surprised “poor” SS needs so much sleep with all that bizarre activity and all those tales to keep up with… JMO as I know he’s on camera all over the place really but wow. What a morning/day “spent at home”.

I found it interesting when JS says she doesn’t think Maddie’s laptop is trackable to the officer, and then a few of the girls chime in immediately saying it should be! I’m glad they offered up their opinion in that moment, drawing more attention to the laptop. If your daughter was missing, surely the answer wouldn’t be “I don’t think it’s trackable” but rather “let’s try it.” Maddy had her laptop - if they locate that, they locate the missing child. What mother wouldn’t be desperate to try that option? MOO
Isn't it interesting that Jenn thought Maddy had the laptop when we know SS had tossed it in the trash at 7:35 a.m.?

Oh! There's two video clips, from two different officers. Now, I hear and see why people say Jen's swaying starts after the laptop is brought up.

1717634415161.png
1717633753648.png 19:26 Officer asks, Laptop? JS says she doesn't think it's trackable. 1717634174895.png She's told it would be trackable.1717634510413.png
Swaying has started. Someone please, help me to understand what makes her nervous about the laptop that she starts swaying? I think she's answering those questions sincerely wanting to give the officer info. Does she seem deceptive at that point? I don't think she knows SS had dumped the laptop early that morning before the school trip. Do you?

New bodycam footage shows the first day 13-year-old MadelineSoto was reported missing.

OK...keep in mind I have been, and am suspicious of JS all along.

I do want to say this much: the officers also have a very casual tone, so I will give JS a bit of a pass here on the cam with the "Hey there" and "Sooooo..."

I still personally find it all off, since JS (and others) have then painted the picture for us as MS as not mature or capable for her age, but the overall tone here from everyone is still pretty calm. I think LE really though MS HAD skipped school. and gone off with friends initially. It even sounds a bit at the very beginning when just the officers were talking to one another like there was another child who was missing? Did anyone else catch that? It sounds like MS was the second call. I heard him say "another..."
It may be that LE gets lots of calls where the kids have played hooky for a day then turn back up.

I don't understand Jenn not meeting LE in the parking lot as they pull in with "Where HAVE you been?"

Swaying has started. Someone please, help me to understand what makes her nervous about the laptop that she starts swaying? I think she's answering those questions sincerely wanting to give the officer info. Does she seem deceptive at that point? I don't think she knows SS had dumped the laptop early that morning before the school trip. Do you?
Snipped for focus.

I think she's nervous about the laptop because she knows very well that SS put it in the dumpster.

I've watched a lot of youtube videos made by creators who are former LE, etc., and a common theme they have about the case, which we've noticed here too, is how JS and SS's stories sound so rehearsed.

For example, if you watch the video where the dog bowl interrupts right after JS starts describing the day, she picks up again after the noise stops with the EXACT same wording as before.

Rehearsed. IMO.

So many people found significance in Jen swaying right after the laptop was brought up. So, what's your theory? Can you explain what you think makes her nervous about the laptop that she starts swaying? I don't think she knows SS had dumped the laptop early that morning before the school trip. Do you? Or maybe I don't want to believe JS was involved to that degree.

Watching the latest Court TV panel and all the talk is whether she will and can be charged.

So many people found significance in Jen swaying right after the laptop was brought up. So, what's your theory? Can you explain what you think makes her nervous about the laptop that she starts swaying? I don't think she knows SS had dumped the laptop early that morning before the school trip. Do you?

I already answered lol but yes I do. Something set that off. She'd been talking with the officers for a while before with no swaying.

So many people found significance in Jen swaying right after the laptop was brought up. So, what's your theory? Can you explain what you think makes her nervous about the laptop that she starts swaying? I don't think she knows SS had dumped the laptop early that morning before the school trip. Do you? Or maybe I don't want to believe JS was involved to that degree.

Watching the latest Court TV panel and all the talk is whether she will and can be charged.
Well obviously the truth is that none of us knows. But one recent event we have to base our record-screech upon is that is exactly what Chris Watts did, the moment they made him view the neighbor's surveillance footage which he didn't know existed, and which clearly showed him loading his truck (with his deceased wife and doomed daughters). He didn't know what he'd see on that, only that it could be very, very bad for him. His swaying was sudden and very nearly out of control, when he became aware of a situation/piece of evidence that could sink him.

This is what we're seeing here, at least that's it, for me. It doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it's a pattern we've seen: otherwise relative calm, then suddenly one event (the fact that the laptop can be tracked) that seems to bring this on. Is it proof she's involved? No, but it does seem to indicate something, to those who've seen at least one similar situation.

I don't have an opinion yet on her involvement, actually, but it certainly does add to the peculiarity pile, for me.

Well obviously the truth is that none of us knows. But one recent event we have to base our record-screech upon is that is exactly what Chris Watts did, the moment they made him view the neighbor's surveillance footage which he didn't know existed, and which clearly showed him loading his truck (with his deceased wife and doomed daughters). He didn't know what he'd see on that, only that it could be very, very bad for him. His swaying was sudden and very nearly out of control, when he became aware of a situation/piece of evidence that could sink him.

This is what we're seeing here, at least that's it, for me. It doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it's a pattern we've seen: otherwise relative calm, then suddenly one event (the fact that the laptop can be tracked) that seems to bring this on. Is it proof she's involved? No, but it does seem to indicate something, to those who've seen at least one similar situation.

I don't have an opinion yet on her involvement, actually, but it certainly does add to the peculiarity pile, for me.

"His swaying was sudden and very nearly out of control, when he became aware of a situation/piece of evidence that could sink him."

Yes, that's what I saw too with JS: everything's going as planned and then suddenly OH CRAP.

I'm not familiar with the Chris Watts case but I've seen the same comparison quite a few times.

"His swaying was sudden and very nearly out of control, when he became aware of a situation/piece of evidence that could sink him."

Yes, that's what I saw too: everything's going as planned and then suddenly OH CRAP.

I'm not familiar with the Chris Watts case but I've heard the same comparison quite a few times.
Dreading has a 5-part playlist on YouTube that is outstanding. Alllll the footage, some commentary. Great stuff, if you are interested. A parallel to this case besides the swaying is one particular line "and that was it." The series is particularly respectful to Shanann (the deceased wife), also.

Article with Video
Yikes, I'm watching this on Court TV for the first time. Did this just appear today? Jen is swaying. I think it's nerves and anxiety. The whole family is there. I've got to watch this a few more times.
(It just reminds me so much of Chris Watts when he had to watch the neighbor's video. Chris put his hands on top of his head and swayed. Looked like a snake coming out of the basket. His swaying was all from guilt.)
But one recent event we have to base our record-screech upon is that is exactly what Chris Watts did, the moment they made him view the neighbor's surveillance footage which he didn't know existed, and which clearly showed him loading his truck (with his deceased wife and doomed daughters). He didn't know what he'd see on that, only that it could be very, very bad for him.​
I already said that yesterday, @Anika. lol Chris Watts like a snake coming out of the snake charmer's basket is what I said. First thing I thought of when I saw Jen swaying.

Today's show, one of the panel on Court TV didn't think it was a nervous swaying, but was pointing out how calm the whole reporting of MS missing was and the swaying seemed nonchalant to them. I disagree with that though. Nerves and the need to soothe self. I'm big on body language. There's always some "tells" and that swaying says something. Agree?

There are times in the bodycam clips where Jen isn't swaying, she stops when answering questions. Maybe she is comfortable telling the scripted info, but she gets afraid if it's challenged or requires more than, going off script may make her nervous? "She's not sure what she's allowed to discuss"... remember that time? The laptop topic made her nervous for some reason, and she needed the soothing of swaying. Remember how her leg was shaking in the news interviews? She has lots of tells, but we don't know all of what she may be hiding or covering up. All MOO here.

1717641042790.png Where's Janine Driver, one of my fav experts? I'd love to get her take on the swaying.

Posting the full quote because it doesn't come across to me in the same way. What I'm reading is "last night" as in the evening Maddie went missing (Monday). So Monday night, as soon as it got dark, they started falling apart after getting hit with waves of "the reality" (Maddie "missing" IMO). So no change in time of death (Sunday evening until 7:30-ish Monday morning. And yes, I've seen reports as late as Tuesday but I just can't wrap my head around it being the day after. Not with what LE is telling us). All MOO

"A living nightmare. It started off like any other, and I just want to wake up and just get hit with waves of the reality. It's just setting in. As soon as it got dark last night, we started falling apart because we knew it wasn't going to come to an end. "
Yes I believe that the ‘last night’ is in reference to the night she had ‘gone missing’

Oh! There's two video clips, from two different officers. Now, I hear and see why people say Jen's swaying starts after the laptop is brought up.

View attachment 508203
View attachment 508199 19:26 Officer asks, Laptop? JS says she doesn't think it's trackable. View attachment 508200 She's told it would be trackable.View attachment 508204
Swaying has started. Someone please, help me to understand what makes her nervous about the laptop that she starts swaying?

I believe that she was found with her backpack and laptop.. I need to find the article

greets the officer with 'hey there". o_O and is asked whats going on....her response is prefaced with soooooooooooooo....and then she doesnt make eye contact as she begins informing about being dropped off....LE is interrupted by radio....then she maintains eye contact when she begins again....but when asked what she was last seen wearing....she was about to respond...LE was interrupted by radio, and then SS answers for her. but she clarifies 'she thinks black shorts.'

the scrunching of her eyes stands out to me when she is giving specific answers...such as the friends question...eyes scrunch and says...madeline doesnt know where her friends live.

from the moment she meets with LE that nite, she presented a UNITED FRONT by not stating from the onset SS dropped her off, she wasnt with him....she doesnt OFFER HIM UP to answer all the questions concerning the times, place, etc. instead, she begins to answers questions and he jumps in.

still wondering what the officer's response was when asked why it wasnt a Code 3 when first called in. cant hear his answer.
Right? Why doesn’t HE answer about where he dropped her precisely and when? And why so damn early???

Today's show, one of the panel on Court TV didn't think it was a nervous swaying, but was pointing out how calm the whole reporting of MS missing was and the swaying seemed nonchalant to them. I disagree with that though. Nerves and the need to soothe self. I'm big on body language. There's always some "tells" and that swaying says something. Agree?
Yeah I agree there's something off about it, for sure. It does seem nerves-related. I think we're all just looking for answers, here, and who knows which of what we ponder is right (yet :). (And lol I probably even upvoted your post yesterday, sorry if I've forgotten that!) So what's your theory, if you have one?

"she knows what's allowed to discuss"... remember that time?
Do you know if that was before or after she had met with police? I'm guessing it was probably after, so maybe the police had told her something about holding a portion of the info back? That's all I can think of, for that. The reporter misunderstood her at the time, though, if that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3