Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So many people found significance in Jen swaying right after the laptop was brought up. So, what's your theory? Can you explain what you think makes her nervous about the laptop that she starts swaying? I don't think she knows SS had dumped the laptop early that morning before the school trip. Do you? Or maybe I don't want to believe JS was involved to that degree.

Watching the latest Court TV panel and all the talk is whether she will and can be charged.
Could the swaying have been excitement. Yeah, they might have a way to find her.

Well obviously the truth is that none of us knows. But one recent event we have to base our record-screech upon is that is exactly what Chris Watts did, the moment they made him view the neighbor's surveillance footage which he didn't know existed, and which clearly showed him loading his truck (with his deceased wife and doomed daughters). He didn't know what he'd see on that, only that it could be very, very bad for him. His swaying was sudden and very nearly out of control, when he became aware of a situation/piece of evidence that could sink him.

This is what we're seeing here, at least that's it, for me. It doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it's a pattern we've seen: otherwise relative calm, then suddenly one event (the fact that the laptop can be tracked) that seems to bring this on. Is it proof she's involved? No, but it does seem to indicate something, to those who've seen at least one similar situation.

I don't have an opinion yet on her involvement, actually, but it certainly does add to the peculiarity pile, for me.
Inductive reasoning.

Apart from statutes of limitations, which we're far away from because they are usually measured in years, there's no deadline on when to complete an investigation or when to make an arrest.

I am 100% positive that this is an ongoing investigation.

So: perhaps they haven't yet found evidence to charge her with anything.

Or perhaps they've found evidence to charge her with, but are looking for additional evidence to allow them to charge her with a more serious offense.

Perhaps she is cooperating to put away SS in exchange for a lesser charge.

Perhaps she's completely innocent. But I'm inclined to listen to my common sense and gut's opinions about everything I've seen, so I think this is unlikely.

I'm sure there are many things going on in the investigation that we know nothing about, as it should be.

Arrests can come a long time, even years, after the crime. We're only three months out.
I know what you mean. I’ve followed the Delphi murder case for seven years now and still no verdict. It’s become a circus, imo.

Dreading has a 5-part playlist on YouTube that is outstanding. Alllll the footage, some commentary. Great stuff, if you are interested. A parallel to this case besides the swaying is one particular line "and that was it." The series is particularly respectful to Shanann (the deceased wife), also.
Plus her lying about seeing her getting dressed that morning. Going through her phone messages.Hmmmmm Amazing Madeline could not take her phone with her,or get dressed since she was already deceased. Her talking on news interview about showing them her gifts,then going straight to sleep without getting on her laptop which was tossed in the dumpster. Per LE Madeline was deceased in the early morning hrs before the laptop was dumped Ooooops no wonder she's shaking like a leaf. MOO

. 2:06
"I went to pick her up from school today, and she never came out, They announced it over the speaker and I'm just like maybe she walked here because sometimes she'll walk here to this office, came here... nothing..., so I went back to the school, they were closed, I got an email from the school saying she was absent, but I also messaged her teacher and he looked at her entire attendance today and saw that she was completely not at school today either, so she never made it. "
What kind of announcement would the school have made?
and what did it have to do with Maddi?

Last edited:
"I went to pick her up from school today, and she never came out, They announced it over the speaker and I'm just like maybe she walked here because sometimes she'll walk here to this office, came here... nothing..., so I went back to the school, they were closed, I got an email from the school saying she was absent, but I also messaged her teacher and he looked at her entire attendance today and saw that she was completely not at school today either, so she never made it. "

Why did the school announce it over the speaker if they had recorded her as absent that day? Would they not just tell JS they had recorded her as absent when she went to pick her up?

Why did MS sometimes walk to this office? Was it because no one would go pick her up?

Maybe MS’ defensiveness comes from a place of knowing she wasn’t the best parent and was at times negligent. Her “cover up” could be covering up for herself from the police for maybe her questionable parenting and nothing more. For MS’ sake, I hope she wasn’t part of the sexual abuse or in any way responsible for her death.

Posting the full quote because it doesn't come across to me in the same way. What I'm reading is "last night" as in the evening Maddie went missing (Monday). So Monday night, as soon as it got dark, they started falling apart after getting hit with waves of "the reality" (Maddie "missing" IMO). So no change in time of death (Sunday evening until 7:30-ish Monday morning. And yes, I've seen reports as late as Tuesday but I just can't wrap my head around it being the day after. Not with what LE is telling us). All MOO

"A living nightmare. It started off like any other, and I just want to wake up and just get hit with waves of the reality. It's just setting in. As soon as it got dark last night, we started falling apart because we knew it wasn't going to come to an end. "

What do you guys think about this statement 27:44
"reality keeps hitting"
I'm pages behind but two things strike me:

Monday night..... Maddie had been "missing" for hours, not days.

This is the same night SS claims he alternated between crying jags and Ativan naps, um, when? He was at the business until LE arrived....

But in any case, they were already accepting "reality"? Waves of reality? Parents of missing person hold out hope FOR YEEARS. SS basically confesses. How else could he know already that there was no hope, it was already over. He couldn't even FAKE a credible facsimile of a loved one, expecting, demanding, wishing for a happy outcome.

JMO

Yes, and she knew (or thought she knew) that MS had her school laptop with her, so that should have been the very first (easiest) thing they should have tried. Find the laptop, find MS.

Yes, WE know the laptop was in the dumpster by then, but JS didn't (supposedly), so she should have found out first thing about tracking the laptop. We learn in the video in Gma's office later that night with the police, that she never even tried tracking it or checking that out or asking about that at all.

Why hadn't anyone else done that or suggested that? Like even her cousins? They just didn't think of it? Or assumed they'd already done it?

Why did the school announce it over the speaker if they had recorded her as absent that day? Would they not just tell JS they had recorded her as absent when she went to pick her up?

Why did MS sometimes walk to this office? Was it because no one would go pick her up?
This is when she first arrived to pick up Maddi, an announcement saying what? How is it relevant enough to even mention? Jenn hadn't even gone into the school?

Swaying... in regard to the laptop....

Did JS know where the laptop/tablet was?

Rhetorical question....

You'd think a parent would want to try every possible means to find a lost child, even if you didn't think it likely to work.

If the laptop can help find the child.....

But what if the laptop/tablet is by itself and you don't want it found?

jmo

This is when she first arrived to pick up Maddi, an announcement saying what? How is it relevant enough to even mention? Jenn hadn't even gone into the school?
The school would just tell her, she was never here today. The panic would then start both from JS AND the school to try to find her.

Nothing else makes sense!

The school not telling her. Her walking away. The school closing.

What the heck.

Maybe MS’ defensiveness comes from a place of knowing she wasn’t the best parent and was at times negligent. Her “cover up” could be covering up for herself from the police for maybe her questionable parenting and nothing more. For MS’ sake, I hope she wasn’t part of the sexual abuse or in any way responsible for her death.
The videos on SS phone of him abusing Maddie would all be time and date stamped. LE can find out (or at least get an idea of) if JS was at the home when they were taken. Crosscheck it with her work schedule and appointments, etc. And who knows? JS may actually even be SEEN in some video or pic from his phone. That would be the worst thing, and I don't think LE would necessarily have publicly released that info if so.

I don't know, I thought maybe they routinely make some announcement that can be heard outside at the end of the school day, like The school doors will be closing in 5 minutes, or All students have now left the building, or whatever. Like a store that makes loudspeaker announcements at closing time. But I don't know.

Just a guess:

Phone call: I'm here to pick up, Maddie, but she hasn't come out.

School: I'll use the P.A. "Maddie, if you're in the building, your ride/mom is waiting for you". (That person may not have had info that Maddie hadn't even been in school that day, so just a courtesy announcement. Assuming Maddie was lollygagging.)

Why JS didn't go in, I'll never understand that!

JMO

Swaying... in regard to the laptop....

Did JS know where the laptop/tablet was?

Rhetorical question....

You'd think a parent would want to try every possible means to find a lost child, even if you didn't think it likely to work.

If the laptop can help find the child.....

But what if the laptop/tablet is by itself and you don't want it found?

jmo
was it her personal laptop or school-issued? Im sure the school would have tracking capability on their property. Even if it was off, why not try to see if it logged in anywhere or tried to log in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB