Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is so difficult for me to find ANY compassion for JS. There is no *advertiser censored******* way that that child never, ever once said something to her mother about what he does to her. She was 8! Innocent. Unknowing. Questions had to come up in her mind. The sheer grotesque acts that she was forced to perform on him and most likely, he on she, HAD to be difficult and confusing! No way, she never said a word to anyone. It literally sickens me to my stomach that this little girl, since age 8, as far as we know, was used and abused and this was her life. Then at 13 years old, she declares she wants to “live in the woods”. She was growing up by then and better
understood exactly how wrong and unnatural the abuse she had suffered, while Mother just looked away, really was. I believe she told them both that she was going to expose them or something to that affect that made them both decide that something had to be done with her. Just my opinion and I wish I was wrong.
It sickens me, too, almost to the point of actual physical illness, and I understand your anger -- certainly toward SS and to some extent toward JS. At best, her maternal instincts and taste in men were terrible; at worst, she knowingly perpetuated the abuse and murder of her daughter. Right now, though, she has been charged with nothing; having bad taste in men is not criminal (thankfully for me, LOL). We simply DO NOT KNOW enough to say JS was aware of what was going on, even if we can all agree that she probably should've been. But again, being a clueless parent, while obviously bad, is not criminal. As many people here have said, the guilt and shame of being sexually abused/assaulted is incomprehensible if you haven't experienced it. I was 22 when I was raped, not a child, and I still didn't tell anyone (I told my friends first; I didn't tell my mom until 20 years later) for a very long time because I was so ashamed and sure I'd caused it in some way and because I still cared deeply about the man who hurt me, even though his actions were awful. A child, old enough to know this isn't right but not old enough to know what to do about it, maybe threatened by the abuser, maybe even loyal toward him, is going to be overwhelmed with conflicting and terrifying emotions. Some kids tell right away, some kids tell years later, and some kids don't tell even as adults. IF MS told her mom and her mom didn't believe her or believed her but did nothing or -- God forbid -- participated in some way, THEN yes, condemn her, lock her up, throw away the key. But until that's known and/or JS is charged with something, I'm going to reserve the majority of my anger for SS and try to find some compassion for JS as a grieving mother, even if she was not the mother MS deserved.

I was just trying to say that even if Maddi never told, sometimes you notice indicators that something isn't right, ( like she couldn't sleep alone at 13). I wonder if Jenn ever looked into getting help for Maddi about that.
As a parent, I would be very surprised if sleep hygiene never came up at pediatrician visits. Ours always asked, and even though I thought it was a bit silly, some providers had strong opinions about occasional cosleeping with toddlers.

IMO, poor MS was told to lie about what went on in her household. :( Which means JS KNEW it wasn't right/normal.

When do they begin teaching human sexuality in the schools these days? With girls getting periods earlier I’m thinking it could be 5th or 6th grade? But definitely after age 8, which is about third grade, right?
It was 6th grade for me back in the early 1980s and same for my kids. They do have very general discussions about proper touching from a much younger age, in addition to pediatricians also mentioning same during appointments--at least where I live.

Parents/guardians need to give consent for participation in any type of "sex ed" class in school though, so who knows what MS may have known of outside the home?

It was 6th grade for me back in the early 1980s and same for my kids. They do have very general discussions about proper touching from a much younger age, in addition to pediatricians also mentioning same during appointments--at least where I live.

Parents/guardians need to give consent for participation in any type of "sex ed" class in school though, so who knows what MS may have known of outside the home?
I learned about it in the 80s from after-school specials on tv. They were probably cringy, but I leaned about inappropriate touch, alcoholism, drug use, etc from them. I'll be honest - the shows were very helpful to me in recognizing issues and I know for a fact what I learned on that tv show saved me from an SA situation before it got bad (well, it was bad enough, but I stopped it - I will always be grateful for that show!).

I doubt there is program like that now that kids would watch.

We had sex-ed classes in school, but they weren't very good. Judy Blume was a better teacher - thank goodness for the library.

jmo

Thanks for this as I had not heard this term before. I wonder what SS typically drove? I believe SS was driving his dad's Lincoln which I think is a respectable sedan as shown here per the Orange County Sheriff's Office FB. Also, as opposed to mismatched tires, I think this is with the temporary spare following the flat tire.

View attachment 508528

I've never heard the term before either. That car doesn't look that bad? I mean I'm not 13 but it's just a regular car.

I learned about it in the 80s from after-school specials on tv. They were probably cringy, but I leaned about inappropriate touch, alcoholism, drug use, etc from them. I'll be honest - the shows were very helpful to me in recognizing issues and I know for a fact what I learned on that tv show saved me from an SA situation before it got bad (well, it was bad enough, but I stopped it - I will always be grateful for that show!).

I doubt there is program like that now that kids would watch.

We had sex-ed classes in school, but they weren't very good. Judy Blume was a better teacher - thank goodness for the library.

jmo
Ah yes, Judy Blume, come to think of it I bet I learned more reading " are you there god, it's me Margaret" We didn't have any courses like that when I was in school. I think the closest thing we had to sex ed was CALM career and life management, it was more about life/ career planning, and budgeting, That was high school in the 80s, way too late in the game by then.

Last edited:

Wow grade 6, The US was way ahead of Canada, They were pretty buttoned up here back then. Kids need to learn much earlier than my generation ever did.

Last edited:
2024 CF 001293
STERNS, STEPHAN MICHAEL

Supplemental Discovery 5-22-24, not sure what CDR Details stands for?
View attachment 508583

I'm pretty sure it stands for Call Detail Records. Although I could be wrong. :)

Mobile phone data are often made available to researchers in the form of call detail records (CDR) by mobile phone providers. These records typically contain interactions in the form of either SMSs, calls or Internet usage, alongside a time stamp and location of when and where the interaction took place. For privacy reasons, the data are often released at an aggregate level, both temporally and spatially. However, a key aspect to consider is that mobile phone data is inherently dependent on our behaviour. As our behaviour changes, we may stop sending SMSs and start making more phone calls, or use services via the Internet such as instant messaging apps. These changes in behaviour would be reflected in CDR data which are made available to researchers. It may also be the case that pricing plans may favour the use of one form of communication over the other, thus encouraging subset of users to either make more phone calls or send more SMSs. Finally, biases in the population generating the data, both in terms of different cultures as well as biases in the population of users of different mobile phone providers, may also contribute to observed behavioural differences in CDR data. If there are differences between how we use our phones, it is clear that researchers should be aware of the limitations of using mobile phone data which have been derived, for instance, only from text messaging activity. Indeed, existing studies in the literature often rely, due to data availability, on only one form of CDR data [25,26]. Additionally, there is still no conclusive answer to the issue of how different CDR data, such as those derived from SMS or calls, can be incorporated into one simple measure, since there are inherent biases in each form of communication [16,27]. Models based on new forms of data have already shown the importance of training and calibrating [28,29], so a better understanding on the limitations of mobile phone data is crucial for researchers and stakeholders alike.

Last edited:
I've never heard the term before either. That car doesn't look that bad? I mean I'm not 13 but it's just a regular car.
It started back in the 60s. I remember hearing about hoopty cars in the 80s.

The earliest known use of the noun hooptie is in the 1960s. OED's earliest evidence for hooptie is from 1968, in Current Slang.

Wow grade 6, The US was way ahead of Canada, They were pretty buttoned up here back then. Kids need to learn much earlier than my generation ever did.
It was fairly basic, from what I remember. Very much based around what can cause a pregnancy, the basic biology of men and women, simple information of contraception. I imagine today it is far more complicated.

We had to carry around "babies", which were hardboiled eggs we decorated and kept in a shoebox, and had a journal of how we cared for them, with all kinds of rules, for a week. I know more recently,kids have "babies" that "cry" in the middle of the night and so on. We were on an honor system if we have a sports practice or something and had someone "babysit" our egg babies lol. The "robot babies" actually need to be "soothed" and record how long it takes to respond to their needs.

I personally think it should be ongoing. It doesn't really make a lot of sense to me to just pick an age around puberty and blurt out some info when some kids might be receptive and others are like "Whhaaaat?"

I bet the classes are probably really difficult for kids who are abused. :(

I'm pretty sure it stands for Call Detail Records. Although I could be wrong. :)

Mobile phone data are often made available to researchers in the form of call detail records (CDR) by mobile phone providers. These records typically contain interactions in the form of either SMSs, calls or Internet usage, alongside a time stamp and location of when and where the interaction took place. For privacy reasons, the data are often released at an aggregate level, both temporally and spatially. However, a key aspect to consider is that mobile phone data is inherently dependent on our behaviour. As our behaviour changes, we may stop sending SMSs and start making more phone calls, or use services via the Internet such as instant messaging apps. These changes in behaviour would be reflected in CDR data which are made available to researchers. It may also be the case that pricing plans may favour the use of one form of communication over the other, thus encouraging subset of users to either make more phone calls or send more SMSs. Finally, biases in the population generating the data, both in terms of different cultures as well as biases in the population of users of different mobile phone providers, may also contribute to observed behavioural differences in CDR data. If there are differences between how we use our phones, it is clear that researchers should be aware of the limitations of using mobile phone data which have been derived, for instance, only from text messaging activity. Indeed, existing studies in the literature often rely, due to data availability, on only one form of CDR data [25,26]. Additionally, there is still no conclusive answer to the issue of how different CDR data, such as those derived from SMS or calls, can be incorporated into one simple measure, since there are inherent biases in each form of communication [16,27]. Models based on new forms of data have already shown the importance of training and calibrating [28,29], so a better understanding on the limitations of mobile phone data is crucial for researchers and stakeholders alike.

That makes sense. I was noting the time is all evenings, 7pm to after 9pm. That’s not the times you would call your attorney. Maybe his parents? But if they’re elderly, are they awake after 9pm?

Surely he hasn’t got a friend left on earth. I can’t imagine it’s JS, I’m guessing she’s in seclusion, a treatment facility or somewhere far away.

I guess it could be internet usage tho.

That makes sense. I was noting the time is all evenings, 7pm to after 9pm. That’s not the times you would call your attorney. Maybe his parents? But if they’re elderly, are they awake after 9pm?

Surely he hasn’t got a friend left on earth. I can’t imagine it’s JS, I’m guessing she’s in seclusion, a treatment facility or somewhere far away.

I guess it could be internet usage tho.
Are they allowed to make calls at that time of night? What time is lights out!

I believe JS knew SS was behaving inappropriately with her daughter. I think the dynamic in the house changed. SS began treating MS like his GF and JS became the 3rd wheel. JS admits knowledge of SS and MS sleeping in the same bed. She admitted it. She knew and that’s probably why they “broke up” and why SS moved out. Instead of supporting her daughter, JS resented her. She saw her as a rival, not an innocent child who was preyed upon. All parents aren’t good parents. JS didn’t have 1 photo of her daughter to give the officer. Not.A.Single.Photo. She had to search social media for one. I believe JS blamed MS for “ruining” her relationship with SS. Watching SS on those videos, proves how bad an actor he is. He wouldn’t be able to hide his “inappropriate feelings” towards MS from JS…not for 8 years!
If her extended family had a feeling something was going on, then, JS had to know! She knew, but still chose to lie to police and cover for him. This is what I believe! JMHO.

It was fairly basic, from what I remember. Very much based around what can cause a pregnancy, the basic biology of men and women, simple information of contraception. I imagine today it is far more complicated.

We had to carry around "babies", which were hardboiled eggs we decorated and kept in a shoebox, and had a journal of how we cared for them, with all kinds of rules, for a week. I know more recently,kids have "babies" that "cry" in the middle of the night and so on. We were on an honor system if we have a sports practice or something and had someone "babysit" our egg babies lol. The "robot babies" actually need to be "soothed" and record how long it takes to respond to their needs.

I personally think it should be ongoing. It doesn't really make a lot of sense to me to just pick an age around puberty and blurt out some info when some kids might be receptive and others are like "Whhaaaat?"

I bet the classes are probably really difficult for kids who are abused. :(
Anyone familiar with current Florida school curriculum? And what Maddie might have gotten?

In ninth grade my kid’s biology class had them practice putting condoms on cucumbers. :eek: I think it would have been better to start the program with kids taking home the robot babydoll that cries at night and needs feeding or a nappy change every two hours.

I can remember when TV shows would have a Very Special Episode about a character who tries to do something inappropriate with children... like the Diff'rnt Strokes episode where some guy tries to take pictures of the kids unclothed.... I think there was Mr Belvedere episode about molestation, too? We also had an assembly or two during middle school.

It seems they need to make a comeback, even though they cheesy. It's been addressed with my kids at pediatrician appointments, but never at school anymore.

Tbh for litle Maddie she probably finally realised this was effed up but didn't know where to turn. Just seeing the bags under her eyes in those party photos... tells us so much.

Children are smart. They pick up on everything from a very young age. I believe parents need to have open and honest conversations with their children and relying on tv or some after school special isn’t gonna cut it. The world is at their fingertips now. One click and they can be lured outside, by the worst this world has to offer. Is that how you want them to learn about the birds and the bees? I had custody of my niece from when she was 3 yr old until she graduated High school. I had difficult but honest conversations with her about everything. I spoke with her about things my parents never spoke to me about, but wish they had. I’ve been in Maddie’s shoes. But 7 yr old me was to afraid to tell my mom and dad. I grew up watching those after school specials. They didn’t help me at all. That’s why it’s so important to educate yourself and your children. If you’re child doesn’t feel comfortable speaking to you about everything, they will definitely not tell you when something like this happens to them. I didn’t tell my parents until I was in my 20’s. We need our children to come to us right away so these predators are caught sooner rather than later. Just my opinion.

Prosecutors entering Jenn's icloud and google account now. I wonder what that is?
Possibly photos she may have or things he may have stored to her device or cloud service / drive? Maybe her location data to show where she was during commission of crimes? Maybe texts between them? I don’t think it would be regarding crimes she may have engaged in since she has not (yet) been charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj