Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never heard the term before either. That car doesn't look that bad? I mean I'm not 13 but it's just a regular car.
I had expected an eye-catching car, with all the trimmings you can think of, when SS said, MS didn't like to be driven in that car. - Now, I think, my English was failing once more, and I understood at least one word completely wrong. Though it was not "hooptie", I am sure. :confused:

I had expected an eye-catching car, with all the trimmings you can think of, when SS said, MS didn't like to be driven in that car. - Now, I think, my English was failing once more, and I understood at least one word completely wrong. Though it was not "hooptie", I am sure. :confused:
Yes. Hooptie- for me it a Southern California word, referring to a "janky" car that is "embarrassing". As a teen we were just lucky to get a car at age 16 so we didn't speak derisively towards cars but if cars were super janky/a beater/ on its last legs you could use 'hooptie'...

I don't know the socioeconomic status of the area (lots of Teslas? Cybertrucks? Mercedes suvs?) - so maybe SS felt self conscious.

No matter. It never happened anyway, this is just more blah blah from SS and JS.

No matter. It never happened anyway, this is just more blah blah from SS and JS.

Exactly! It never happened that way anyway and was simply their excuse for saying they dropped her off away from the school. If Madeline ever did say something like that, I'm certain it was because she didn't want to be seen with HIM - because at that age, we think every single person who sees us knows our deepest secrets. I believe she'd be feeling deep shame for what he'd been doing to her. MOO.

Where is this information from please? Is it prosecutors or LE entering her accounts?
@Forest_Wood

See above for confirmation courtesy of @PayrollNerd

The State turned over JS's Google account and iCloud to the Defense.

Re: SS car and hoopties

I personally think there is SOME truth to this statement. Not as it relates to that particular morning, and not to the car. MS likely did not want to be seen with SS. He was probably super creepy when he dropped her off, and an overall embarrassment.

Think of it: "I told her I loved her, and she said I love you too." SS is such a creep. He was probably all over the poor kid on any other occasion he dropped her off, and MS was probably relieved to be at school and in a normal situation with peers. She wouldn't have wanted anyone to see that. :( It was SS, not his "hooptie."

Re: SS car and hoopties

I personally think there is SOME truth to this statement. Not as it relates to that particular morning, and not to the car. MS likely did not want to be seen with SS. He was probably super creepy when he dropped her off, and an overall embarrassment.

Think of it: "I told her I loved her, and she said I love you too." SS is such a creep. He was probably all over the poor kid on any other occasion he dropped her off, and MS was probably relieved to be at school and in a normal situation with peers. She wouldn't have wanted anyone to see that. :( It was SS, not his "hooptie."
All MOO— Exactly! The car is a non-issue to me, I don’t think she would’ve cared that much. My stepfather used to drop me off in a rusty pickup truck, sure it was a little embarrassing but not to the point where I’d vocalise it so we’d take another car.

Also wasn’t she half asleep that morning? It sounds to me like she didn’t have enough energy to even care about which car they drove. To me, it was all SS decision.

If it’s true, it means MS was embarrassed of ‘something’ about that car…
If it’s not true and she didn’t care about the car, I always assumed SS just lied about this to excuse his own decision of driving a different car. I think he thought this would get him out of being noticed on CCTV… mainly because I don’t actually think he thought the police would look twice at him. Therefore, use a separate car, and even if the cops do check the CCTV, they won’t recognise his car. Moron.

It’s another example of which, IMO, shows SS and JS are aware that MS is dead from the beginning. They say certain things, certain descriptions, which they know can now never, ever be proved wrong. Realistically, none of us will ever know how MS displayed her anxiety. We won’t know the extent to which her ADHD and poor memory went. We won’t know if she was sleepy that morning, we won’t know if she was happy after her birthday. Every way in which these parents describe MS is only to fit their narrative — and they know no one can prove otherwise, because they know she’s gone. IMO.

I've never heard the term before either. That car doesn't look that bad? I mean I'm not 13 but it's just a regular car.
IMO, SS had to come up with a reason she wasnt dropped off where she should be, on school property. both of them gave that reason to LE in the event they were asked WHY so early and why at that location. they got ahead of the questions.

rehearsed versions. media interview with HMcKenzie: JS: states she wasnt there, she drove around, maybe she took a a walk, maybe went to her mom's office, went back to school, it was closed. she emailed one of her teachers, finds out she was absent all day, "at that point is when "I CALLED 911 because I realized something was truly wrong<-----she did not call 911. someone else did. she finally uses the correct terminology, instead of WE she says "I", and its a lie.

... "I CALLED 911 because I realized something was truly wrong<-----she did not call 911. someone else did. she finally uses the correct terminology, instead of WE she says "I", and its a lie.
I wonder if a lot of her vocab is "good mom" visibility efforts: like, trying to show she is one by taking credit for things others did which she seems to know she should have been the one to do. "We" took her to school, "we" dropped her off at the church (no involvement in this at all, since she purportedly slept in, but that's what a mom would have done); "I" called 911 (your sister and mother did several times; you didn't, but a good mom would have).

She seems to be invoking the acts of others as an umbrella to show that she's being a good mom, but she's not done these things.

(Note: No shade to moms who let other people take their kids to school when they're not able; that's not my point. She's invoking pronouns as if she did that herself -- that's the problem.)

I wonder if a lot of her vocab is "good mom" visibility efforts: like, trying to show she is one by taking credit for things others did which she seems to know she should have been the one to do. "We" took her to school, "we" dropped her off at the church (no involvement in this at all, since she purportedly slept in, but that's what a mom would have done); "I" called 911 (your sister and mother did several times; you didn't, but a good mom would have).

She seems to be invoking the acts of others as an umbrella to show that she's being a good mom, but she's not done these things.

(Note: No shade to moms who let other people take their kids to school when they're not able; that's not my point. She's invoking pronouns as if she did that herself -- that's the problem.)
Totally. In a household where the boyfriend or stepfather can be TRUSTED, this would never have been such a big deal. JS lies because there’s something there that makes her feel uneasy — guilty. Why? If you trusted him with your daughter you’d just say he dropped her off and that was fine and normal. Moo.

I've got a mark under one eye, over on my cheekbone, not raised like a mole, but it was always referred to as a "beauty mark" as a child. One of my daughters also has it also. I think it's a generational thing honestly. I haven't heard the term in years either but kids wear make up "right outta the womb" these days, so.....
A beauty mark is an old-fashioned term still definitely used in the south.

A beauty mark is an old-fashioned term still definitely used in the south.
Going back to this discussion YES, to me it is a super antiquated term and it is not used in my circle (now in CA), but I have heard it when I was little on the East coast from older folks. (I kind of hate the term... why is "mole" so bad? LOL I dunno, I'm ESL.)

In ALL cases, SS chiming in to discuss height weight tattoos etc of little 13yo Maddie is beyond nauseating, knowing what we know now.

I wonder if a lot of her vocab is "good mom" visibility efforts: like, trying to show she is one by taking credit for things others did which she seems to know she should have been the one to do. "We" took her to school, "we" dropped her off at the church...​
That's so true that she wanted to make herself appear like the "good mom". She sure confused everybody with the we, we, we's, and the rubbing on the pedophile though. JMO
...Every way in which these parents describe MS is only to fit their narrative — and they know no one can prove otherwise, because they know she’s gone.
Your post really causes pause at everything the two said. They thought their details would convince LE and the public that that's how it was, but so many of their details were flawed. If Madeline was so tired on the way to school that she was falling asleep, then why would she want to get out of the car and walk, not to mention it was so early. MOO, it's all lies and blank spaces. What really happened?

I didn't know the term hooptie until now, but :eek: I drive a hooptie. I don't care, I love my old car.

IMO, SS had to come up with a reason she wasnt dropped off where she should be, on school property. both of them gave that reason to LE in the event they were asked WHY so early and why at that location. they got ahead of the questions.

rehearsed versions. media interview with HMcKenzie: JS: states she wasnt there, she drove around, maybe she took a a walk, maybe went to her mom's office, went back to school, it was closed. she emailed one of her teachers, finds out she was absent all day, "at that point is when "I CALLED 911 because I realized something was truly wrong<-----she did not call 911. someone else did. she finally uses the correct terminology, instead of WE she says "I", and its a lie.
That's exactly my point about the car being " hoopties", more BS.

Last edited:
IMHO I don’t think Maddie said anything about being dropped off at school or his car. My thought is he just made that up for the story he was telling LE. MOO.

I was thinking that could be why his calls might fall in that specific time frame each day, so it's certainly possible that he has an assigned timeslot.
Inmates can make calls at anytime during the day. Usually phones open at 5am and turn off at 10pm. Even later on weekends. However if he is in an isolated one man cell, he would have to wait until rec to be able to make a phone call. Inmates are permitted one hour of rec per day. At that point he would be able to use the phone. But in general population, you have access to a phone all the time during the day/night until the phones are shut off for the night. I doubt he is in general population, which would explain why he is only making phone calls during a certain timeframe. Most likely when he is out on rec. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member