Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vape stores are notorious for opening later than the other stores.
I went to the vape store just after 9 a.m., thinking it would be open like the rest of the stores, but it wasn't.
Embarrassingly, I have done this several times over the last decade. Always a vape store.
I think SS probably DID go to the vape store, and he probably actually DID go to a comic store as well on the afternoon run to dump poor MS out "in the woods"when he got the flat tire.

It's all about SS <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
SS got himself a really good attorney.

Even a great attorney cannot dismiss the evidence and the recorded films of SS engaging in SA with Madeline.

#Justice4Madeline

JMO

Even a great attorney cannot dismiss the evidence and the recorded films of SS engaging in SA with Madeline.

#Justice4Madeline

JMO
No, but a good lawyer will protect the rights of the defendant, even the most heinous defendant, and a good lawyer will advise the defendant on the best course of action. It doesn't mean the lawyer thinks the crimes are okay.

If we didn't protect the rights of defendants, we wouldn't be a country of laws and instead be a country of mob rule.

jmo

Oh, OK. The way the post was worded made me think she was a paid one. She's apparently been in law for 20 years. I thought public defenders were typically younger?

And how do we know that she is a "really good attorney?" Or was that sarcastic? MOO.
I just meant that she is not a newbie, but an experienced lawyer for 20 years.

She might be able to get these pics and videos thrown out because the police did not follow proper procedure. I'm sure she will try. Let's see what she does.
She may try to argue that his giving his phone to LE was not voluntary if he perceived he was in custody or was being detained in that moment. She will try, I am sure. It is my hope that evidence will support that SS was so arogant as to believe his factory reset had hidden his sick crimes and therefore, he did indeed volunteer it to LEOs under no duress, but rather was under the delusion he was smarter than them. JMO

Last edited:
I just meant that she is not a newbie, but an experienced lawyer for 20 years.
I wondered about how good her reputation as a lawyer was actually, since she has stayed with the public defender office for this long, instead of moving on to a private practice of her own, where, if she was any good, she'd surely be making more money. But then I read that she actually did try being a private atty for awhile, but moved back to work as a public defender later. So then I again wondered how good she was, because that might mean she wasn't doing well enough on her own and had to go back to being a PD. Or there could have been some other reason that had nothing to do with whether she could or couldn't make it on her own, who knows.

She might be able to get these pics and videos thrown out because the police did not follow proper procedure. I'm sure she will try. Let's see what she does.
If he gets out, on a technicality then society needs to make the laws less trivial and more victim friendly. The reality is, this loser is a guilty slime ball. If cops didn’t follow procedure then procedures need fixing and less predator friendly.

If a child is “missing” it should be automatic that mum and dad / and any current partners or past partners from under two years ago must turn over their devices for immediate inspection by police. Don’t want to get caught breaking the law? Don’t break the law.

People will scream this infringes on their rights. Weh. Don’t care. SS clearly knew the police would ask for his cell at some point and took steps to hide his crimes. Lmao. It didn’t deter him committing them. It probably wouldn’t deter anyone really but it may help victims who are found alive to get away from offenders and allow justice to be served for those who are found dead or never found.

I wondered about how good her reputation as a lawyer was actually, since she has stayed with the public defender office for this long, instead of moving on to a private practice of her own, where, if she was any good, she'd surely be making more money. But then I read that she actually did try being a private atty for awhile, but moved back to work as a public defender later. So then I again wondered how good she was, because that might mean she wasn't doing well enough on her own and had to go back to being a PD. Or there could have been some other reason that had nothing to do with whether she could or couldn't make it on her own, who knows.
Sometimes it’s not about the $$$. Sometimes it is about upholding the rights of the accused. Maybe the cases are more interesting. Maybe it was too busy to do private practice - or maybe private practice doesn’t ensure good employee benefits if any at all? Could be many reasons.

I would think private practice as a criminal attorney will have a lot of slow times. The public defender's office would have a lot of steady work for her.

I would hazard to guess that the detective immediately secured his phone and a search warrant was sought before LE took any further action.

He gave permission for her to access his phone twice, including looking at his Google "mapses".

Missing child, he was last to see her, he was "having trouble" recalling his route, it made sense to look at his travel history.
The return on his Google/Cloud account should stand on its own.

JMO

@Mack the Knife posted the emergency warrant very early on .Would this include the phone?

Last edited:
Sometimes it’s not about the $$$. Sometimes it is about upholding the rights of the accused. Maybe the cases are more interesting. Maybe it was too busy to do private practice - or maybe private practice doesn’t ensure good employee benefits if any at all? Could be many reasons.
Exactly. I'm really baffled by the anti-defense lawyer discussion, to be honest. It doesn't seem to be based on anything concrete, just disparaging remarks for the sake of it.

Has she done wrong?? What did I miss?

jmo

Do you have a link that confirms this, or are you suggesting she may attempt to show that proper protocol wasn't followed?

The defense lawyer for SS will do what she can to get him out of these charges because that is her job to do so. Hopefully, the evidence allowed will get him convicted.
From what I've always understood, it's not a defense attorney's job to get their client out of the charges, it's their job to ensure their client gets a fair trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member