Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also weird to me, how JS says "Sometimes MS walks here", meaning grandmother's office.

I mean, this is a developmentally normal thing for a 13 year-old to DO, but in the context of the picture JS and SS and even grandmother have painted of MS, it stands out to me. MS is so afraid of everything, doesn't know her address, doesn't know where her friends live, can't sleep alone, but "some days" she just randomly sets off for grandmother's work? Without telling anyone?

That seems about as likely to me as her wanting to be dropped off extremely early to "hang out" and walk to school.

Which is it?

I would expect everyone really to be a lot more frantic about MS being missing in the bodycam video, given she has been described by the adults in her life as pretty dependent/young for her age. They should all KNOW she wasn't hanging out with friends or off at a mall or riding around in cars with older kids or any of the numerous possibilities a 13 year-old COULD possibly be up to.
And...

If you've been calling the police and the police aren't coming, do you stand around waiting for hours, or do you go to the police?

What was she thinking?????

JMO

I overlooked your post earlier, but excellent point!

A hopeful mother would say, "I don't think so, but maybe it is! Let's try it!"

Rather than putting the kibosh on the whole idea.
Yes, this^^. And unfortunately, IMO it seemed JS was putting the kibosh on many things in the early stages of the investigation: she forgot her phone; she is forgetful; she wouldn’t know her way back to a residence; she didn’t have any ‘crushes’ - we checked her phone; she has ADHD or the like; they aren’t going to find her where they were looking (in some early phases).

Sadly, as someone just recently posted above - did JS have anything positive to say about MS? So sad. MOO

I thought she said she wouldn't know how to get home.
I can't even imagine at 13 yrs old that she didn't know where she lived or how to get to/from school. Even if she didn't know the street names to/from the school, she would know how to get there. My kid (who is now 35) knew where she was going in kindergarten if we were in the car, headed to grandma's house, etc. She certainly knew her address by the time she was 6 or 7.

Wow....did she say that? If so, that's pretty interesting!
I remember Jenn saying something about her 13 year old not knowing her HOME address (which to me was shocking, I know 3 year olds who know their home address by heart.)

It was in either the channel 9 or channel 35 interview she gave early on.....

7:16 Jenn says they checked the walking paths Maddie could have taken to the Insurance office.

(Jenn never said anything about Maddie NOT knowing how to get to grandma's office. )

Last edited:
My opinion… JS had just got off the phone with the principal (if my timing is right) and had already spoken with a teacher who confirmed maddie never made it to school. i would think if the laptop was traceable, it would have come up in those conversations? Especially with the principal since JS was with LE and they had decided she didn’t just skip school. Did the principal tell her they can’t track it or can’t find it or it’s not coming up as online ? (ETA: was the wording ambiguous so it led JS to beleive the laptop couldn’t be tracked and then hearing everyone else so certain made it click)

IMO I would think that tracking the laptop would have been discussed and explored by the teacher or principal if it was possible.
That's a really good point about the laptop being traceable when JS talked with people at the school. I wonder if the protocol is to trace the laptop of a missing student as soon as they are made aware they are missing. If not, it should be for ALL schools IMO.

It's also weird to me, how JS says "Sometimes MS walks here", meaning grandmother's office.

I mean, this is a developmentally normal thing for a 13 year-old to DO, but in the context of the picture JS and SS and even grandmother have painted of MS, it stands out to me. MS is so afraid of everything, doesn't know her address, doesn't know where her friends live, can't sleep alone, but "some days" she just randomly sets off for grandmother's work? Without telling anyone?

RSBM. Maybe MS did spontaneously go to her grandmother's office sometimes, when she was afraid of who might be at her home.

Can you imagine if JS accidentally killed MS and SS is covering for her?
Interesting theory…… and add to it why JS had supposedly called SS IIUC stating that he would need to retrieve MS and take her to school that morning. And SS is then apparently using his father’s car that day rather than his own. And all that occuring IIRC the evening following a birthday celebration for MS.

So many oddities in this case IMO. I imagine that the times and originator of calls and texts between JS and SS will be quite important and perhaps revealing. Do we know whether it was JS calling SS requesting him to plan to retrieve MS? And when that first call / text was placed? Or was SS the initiator of a text string / call for that event? One sure hopes that authorities have all cell phone and computer devices for analysis.

And will also be instructive I believe to account for both of their times that evening prior and the morning of this event. Sure leads one to wonder what was occurring that entire evening and morning in their residence(s). Wonder if any neighbors observed anything and have since reported something? MOO

Did SS have access to either MS's phone or JS's phone at any time? Did he do some extra deleting?
Thats what Im trying to figure out, for starters, I dont know when they would have discussed " the phase" and how that would even matter if he wasnt in his usual car, he says his car is Hoopties? what does that mean? he talks like a child.
Maddis phone was left at home, how did it get to jenn? Did she bring it with her, or did Stephen bring it to her? Both are possible. Maybe you can tell by the phone bill, and missed call log, b/c if Jenn didn't know madi forgot her phone she would have called it before calling Stephan.If there are no calls or they erased things, it would still show up on your bill. mine do, texts and calls. Regardless, LE would have run that thing through some forensic software

Last edited:
That thought is frightening.

Do you think that LE has arrested/charged SS without factual evidence to prove the charge of murder?

There’s no hope for justice for Maddie if that’s the case.
There is factual evidence of sexual abuse and of him moving a dead body, of what we know. I don’t know what evidence the LE holds.

Just MOO and my own thoughts in this post. Thinking about how possessive SS revealed himself to be in regards to Madeline. When the officer is asking questions about Maddie, asking things a parent should be answering, SS talks over Jen to answer some personal ones about Maddie. Why would a sometimes-around-and not-around-lately know how much she weights? If she had body scars under her clothes?

He had been allowed to take on a role of pseudo stepfather, even though he was actually a pedophile in parent's clothing. He's answers the officer like Madeline is his child or his possession. In his mind that bond gave him rights. He was her person.
:mad:

In essence, and this is uncomfortable to bring up, so brace yourself against the overwhelming anger that may wash over you, SS infiltrated Madeline's world when she was an 8 yr. old child and from there he groomed her. He said she would come to him to talk when she had arguments with her mother. Not sure if I got the wording right, but he claimed-- "I was that person for her." "I was her person."

MOO now. She went to him to talk when on the outs with her mother. :rolleyes: It's not like she had much choice, she was forced into a intimate relationship with this creepy dude her mother brought into their bed and for some reason mom was all for the closeness she saddled Maddie with. I don't think I'm assuming this, but going by facts gathered.

He wants to tell others he's a stepfather, takes credit, and he's not even there as a real partner. MOO, it's just an on and off weird relationship, and I don't understand how it was okay with Jen. Unfortunately, it was pretty much forced on Maddie as a young child and this dude kept coming back.

More of my own thoughts and MOO-- (In his mind) their special bond, him being the pseudo stepfather came with kind of ownership of personhood. "I was her person", and she was mine to apparently rule over. I am "The Stepfather". I can take liberties, make her earn freedoms, I come bearing Tamagotchis, teach her video games and other things, I provide nightly soothing before bedtime, we have special secrets. To the point he, the sometimes-there-boyfriend, takes on the role of needing consoling in front of cameras when Maddie goes missing. :mad:

JS wanted a stepfather for her daughter and a partner to share the responsibilities with, and maybe she didn't realize what was going on under her nose. I can only conclude that right up until the end JS was okay with this arrangement, saw it as innocent parental caring, she wasn't against it or suspicious of it if she was the one to actually call SS back into their lives to "take care" of Maddie that night and oversee her nightly routine. I feel sorry for her poor decisions. What happened that night? What are the real details and what really happened? This is all MOO.

Thats what Im trying to figure out, for starters, I dont know when they would have discussed " the phase" and how that would even matter if he wasnt in his usual car, he says his car is Hoopties? what does that mean?
I answered that a while back in response to a post of yours. My post is here:

Sorry my post was so long so you likely missed what I said about Hoopties. My bad for being wordy. :) Also note that I linked to the definition of Hoopties in my post (the blue text seen below is a link. See below for a SS of the link to the definition).

1717707742131.png

And here's the definition of hoopties:

Just MOO and my own thoughts in this post. Thinking about how possessive SS revealed himself to be in regards to Madeline. When the officer is asking questions about Maddie, asking things a parent should be answering, SS talks over Jen to answer some personal ones about Maddie. Why would a sometimes-around-and not-around-lately know how much she weights? If she had body scars under her clothes?

He had been allowed to take on a role of pseudo stepfather, even though he was actually a pedophile in parent's clothing. He's answers the officer like Madeline is his child or his possession. In his mind that bond gave him rights. He was her person.

In essence, and this is uncomfortable to bring up, so brace yourself against the overwhelming anger that may wash over you, SS infiltrated Madeline's world when she was an 8 yr. old child and from there he groomed her. He said she would come to him to talk when she had arguments with her mother. Not sure if I got the wording right, but he claimed-- "I was that person for her." "I was her person."

MOO now. She went to him to talk when on the outs with her mother. :rolleyes: It's not like she had much choice, she was forced into a intimate relationship with this creepy dude her mother brought into their bed and for some reason mom was all for the closeness she saddled Maddie with. I don't think I'm assuming this, but going by facts gathered.

He wants to tell others he's a stepfather, takes credit, and he's not even there as a real partner. MOO, it's just an on and off weird relationship, and I don't understand how it was okay with Jen. Unfortunately, it was pretty much forced on Maddie as a young child and this dude kept coming back.

More of my own thoughts and MOO-- (In his mind) their special bond, him being the pseudo stepfather came with kind of ownership of personhood. "I was her person", and she was mine to apparently rule over. I am "The Stepfather". I can take liberties, make her earn freedoms, I come bearing Tamagotchis, teach her video games and other things, I provide nightly soothing before bedtime, we have special secrets. To the point he, the sometimes-there-boyfriend, takes on the role of needing consoling in front of cameras when Maddie goes missing. :mad:

JS wanted a stepfather for her daughter and a partner to share the responsibilities with, and
maybe she didn't realize what was going on under her nose. I can only conclude that right up until the end JS was okay with this arrangement, saw it as innocent parental caring, she wasn't against it or suspicious of it if she was the one to actually call SS back into their lives to "take care" of Maddie that night and oversee her nightly routine. I feel sorry for her poor decisions. What happened that night? What are the real details and what really happened? This is all MOO.
bbm last paragraph
No mother, who is able to hold down a job and drive a car, can be so stupid as to not understand, what has been going on for years. She is not mentally impaired.
I agree with all, what you said before the last paragraph! :)

I can't believe it, that Maddie stayed in the care of this woman. Where were authorities, when they were needed??

JS wanted a stepfather for her daughter and a partner to share the responsibilities with, and maybe she didn't realize what was going on under her nose. I can only conclude that right up until the end JS was okay with this arrangement, saw it as innocent parental caring, she wasn't against it or suspicious of it if she was the one to actually call SS back into their lives to "take care" of Maddie that night and oversee her nightly routine. I feel sorry for her poor decisions. What happened that night? What are the real details and what really happened? This is all MOO.
It is so difficult for me to find ANY compassion for JS. There is no *advertiser censored******* way that that child never, ever once said something to her mother about what he does to her. She was 8! Innocent. Unknowing. Questions had to come up in her mind. The sheer grotesque acts that she was forced to perform on him and most likely, he on she, HAD to be difficult and confusing! No way, she never said a word to anyone. It literally sickens me to my stomach that this little girl, since age 8, as far as we know, was used and abused and this was her life. Then at 13 years old, she declares she wants to “live in the woods”. She was growing up by then and better
understood exactly how wrong and unnatural the abuse she had suffered, while Mother just looked away, really was. I believe she told them both that she was going to expose them or something to that affect that made them both decide that something had to be done with her. Just my opinion and I wish I was wrong.

What I heard...

SS – I left my phone at home in the morning too, I was so busy riding her to <unintelligible> to get us out the door on time that I left my phone. She left her phone. We both left our phones.

The above cued up here:

I thought this was worth another mention. :)

From The Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker:

TOO MANY DETAILS – When people are telling the truth they don’t feel they need to elaborate on their story with ‘too many details’.

And uh, she wanted to be dropped off a little down the ways from the school. She’s got this phase that she’s been into lately where she’s very particular about what car she’s seen getting out of in front of the school. Uhm, she prefers her mom’s car but my car is kinda hoopties. I get it. It’s an image thing, but uhm, that was, sometime probably between 8:20-8:40ish. Somewhere in there, it was along this stretch of the road that uhm, on the right side it has all the communities on it. Before you get to the overpass, you can see the overpass from where it was.

Cued up:
He hasn’t a freaking clue how to be a man, let alone a father!
JHC! I’m sorry, this is just really breaking my heart and making me crazy with anger and disgust.

Yes, this^^. And unfortunately, IMO it seemed JS was putting the kibosh on many things in the early stages of the investigation: she forgot her phone; she is forgetful; she wouldn’t know her way back to a residence; she didn’t have any ‘crushes’ - we checked her phone; she has ADHD or the like; they aren’t going to find her where they were looking (in some early phases).

Sadly, as someone just recently posted above - did JS have anything positive to say about MS? So sad. MOO
yes, she's a happy girl...

interview with Hannah McKenzie: "we ACTUALLY havent gotten into a fight in a few weeks, or arguments or anything like that <-------great!

then immediately says "IF ANYTHING, on sunday she celebrated her 13th birthday with my entire family, she had the best day, she was so happy...."

she wouldnt run away.

as JS would say, 'yeah, that was it'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members