Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jennifer arrived home from her doctors appointment at around 11, and she said she and Sterns chatted, Madeline’s body would have still been in the trunk at this point.

She then gives a long and detailed account of Stephen’s movements, and what he told her. It just sounds incredibly rehearsed. She then offers up the name of the smoke shop, in an effort to prove the account.

The school pickup is weird, because she talks about what time she usually left to pick up Maddie, as opposed to directly answering the question and providing a specific time. It’s basically “nothing to see here, just a normal day.”

Just like the normality of Maddie leaving her phone at home.

Last edited:
For those thinking JS did know about the murder, why would she help cover it up? It seems like the main benefit JS received from this poisonous relationship was someone to help with child-care. JMO. If she knew her child was killed by him, what does she have left? Why help him?
Some women care more about their boyfriends than they do about their children.

JS had but one job here but we've seen it time and time again where pleasing the mate is more important than the child. JS failed her only child, and I don't know how she can live with herself. And fortunately, if JS found complicit here, FL is a DP state.

One of the pics of SA is
"20220722_041546" as a jpg.

This would be at 4:15AM. On a Friday morning. July 22, 2022... When she was 11 years old.

The horrors she lived through. No wonder she couldn't sleep.
My heart sinks for Maddie.
I believe one of the first photos in evidence has MS at age 8! :eek:

whe JS was interviewed by LE on February 27th this is what she said:

her sister dropped MS off after the Birthday party (approx 2030 hours). JS thinks SS arrived shortly after. JS arrived still shortly after that (at approx 2230 hours). SS informed JS that MS had teken her meds and was getting ready for bed (in the shower). JS "sent" MS and SS to bed at approx 2300 hours. When asked where MS and SS slept JS informed LE they slept upstairs in what is referred to as bedroom number 4.

[more discussion about the unusual sleeping arrangements was had basically describing that sometimes when JS wanted a really good night of sleep MS and SS would sleep together elsewhere from her and sometimes they all shared a bed in the same room on the king size bed, and still other times SS would sleep upstairs with MS and JS staying in the mmain bedroom together. It all just varied depending on everyone's schedule the next day.]

next morning JS thinks she woke up around 0800 and 0815. She heard SS go to put leash on dog. (redacted) got up to assist SS with dog because she didn't want dog to pee on the bed. JS heard "people" in the kitchen and as far as she knew MS had gone downstairs to get ready for school.

[discussion about how (redacted) had a makeshift room in living room with a TV bed, desk, dresser but (redacted) only ever use this area to hang out and never slept there]

When asked if she visually observed MS on the morning of Feb 26 she said "no" When asked if she HEARD MS she stated she heard "people" in the kitchen but couldn't say it was MS specifically. She stated the last time she physically SAW MS was the prior night at 2300 when she sent her to bed [my commentary - she sent "them" to bed per her comments from earlier in the interview]

JS got out of bed around 0900 hours and left for an appointmet around 0930. her appointment was set for 1015 hours. JS returned home around 1100 or 1115 and believed SS was at home at that time. When asked what she ad SS did when they reunited at the residence JS stated they had done. They chatted and then she asked SS "what happened?"

When asked what she meant by that she stated SS had called her at around 10:18 hours to let her he and MS hadn't gone to McDonalds as planned. According to (redacted), MS and SS had planned to leave early and have a special breakfast and then he would drop her at school early. He also wanted to let her know he had left his phone at home accidently and had gone to vape shop too early and they weren't open yet [my commentary - wait how did he call her to tell her he had forgotten his phone and they hadn't gone to McDs if he had forgotten his phone????]

Last edited:
For those thinking JS did know about the murder, why would she help cover it up? It seems like the main benefit JS received from this poisonous relationship was someone to help with child-care. JMO. If she knew her child was killed by him, what does she have left? Why help him?
The other benefit is to be able to say, "I have a man." That sentence alone is extremely important to a lot of women. It doesn't matter what kind of "man" it is, they just want to have one. MOO.

Because she probably figured they'd take her down with him and her life would end in a cold dark prison cell. If she got away with calling it an abduction then there was less chance of her parenting flaws and poor judgement being discovered.

No, but a good lawyer will protect the rights of the defendant, even the most heinous defendant, and a good lawyer will advise the defendant on the best course of action. It doesn't mean the lawyer thinks the crimes are okay.

If we didn't protect the rights of defendants, we wouldn't be a country of laws and instead be a country of mob rule.

jmo
I agree. This is the most important aspect for me. Give SS a good attorney who makes sure everything is entirely by the book so there’s less room for appeals and have the evidence speak for itself.

My mom was like this and as an adult I am still trying to heal. I think that is why this case has touched my heart so much. I could tell right away that JS was not a good mother and poor Maddie deserved better.
I am sorry, no one deserves that, I am sorry you didn’t have what you needed, someone who was worthy of you.

I can almost hear his defense now - it's not his fault he's a sicko, JS drove he and MS together, even encouraging him to share a bed with the minor child, it's all JS fault he couldn't resist MS, I mean afterall he is a man and a man has urges blah blah blah.

I wish they would just charge JS with something. Sorry not sorry, neglect, something.
Whats really sad to me is this: If it's true that Maddi was told she'd be disowned at 18, it's no wonder that left her vulnerable for someone to be " on her side" she was an only child, who else did she have to talk to? Her family? G-ma,? but who knows most people will try to smooth things. " she didn't mean it" Mothers and daughters fight" " She loves you Maddi" and while people think they're helping, they minimize the impact of what's happening to the child. To be told I'll disown you when you're 18 and have people minimize it, may have turned Maddie into a sitting duck.( enter SS) Kids need someone to turn to for protection. doesn't sound like Maddi had that. Her "self-proclaimed "protector who "was that guy for her" was a wolf in sheep's clothing. IMO
and IMO if she got that reaction from that comment, you think this little girl is going to confide in anyone about anything else?

Last edited:
[my commentary - wait how did he call her to tell her he had forgotten his phone and they hadn't gone to McDs if he had forgotten his phone????]
snipped by me for relevance to my response.

In the GH new 900 doc exploration the phone map data has SS father's name at the top of the doc. I believe he had his dad's phone correct me if I'm wrong.

I am most disturbed by JS repeatedly referring to her daughter in past tense right after she was missing

ETA early on in their TV interview SS did the same
And you know LE is trained to listen for that exact thing when they interview people. People can do it without noticing that they are even doing it. It's pretty glaring IMO.

JS's past tense when referring to Maddie really got me to thinking.

So, if she was referring to Maddie in the past tense right after she went "missing", that makes me further scrutinize her soothing and hugging SS in that one interview I think we've all seen. It would be one thing if she didn't know Maddie was deceased so didn't know that SS had anything to do with it... but something completely different since it appears she KNEW that she wasn't missing, and instead knew she was deceased. And the closeness she was doing in that interview with him further makes me question who actually killed Maddie? While my scale is tipping more in SS's direction, it's definitely not zero percent that it's JS. I think there's a chance she was somehow involved sooner rather than later timing-wise.

whe JS was interviewed by LE on February 27th this is what she said:

her sister dropped MS off after the Birthday party (approx 2030 hours). JS thinks SS arrived shortly after. JS arrived still shortly after that (at approx 2230 hours). SS informed JS that MS had teken her meds and was getting ready for bed (in the shower). JS "sent" MS and SS to bed at approx 2300 hours. When asked where MS and SS slept JS informed LE they slept upstairs in what is referred to as bedroom number 4.

[more discussion about the unusual sleeping arrangements was had basically describing that sometimes when JS wanted a really good night of sleep MS and SS would sleep together elsewhere from her and sometimes they all shared a bed in the same room on the king size bed, and still other times SS would sleep upstairs with MS and JS staying in the mmain bedroom together. It all just varied depending on everyone's schedule the next day.]

next morning JS thinks she woke up around 0800 and 0815. She heard SS go to put leash on dog. (redacted) got up to assist SS with dog because she didn't want dog to pee on the bed. JS heard "people" in the kitchen and as far as she knew MS had gone downstairs to get ready for school.

[discussion about how (redacted) had a makeshift room in living room with a TV bed, desk, dresser but (redacted) only ever use this area to hang out and never slept there]

When asked if she visually observed MS on the morning of Feb 26 she said "no" When asked if she HEARD MS she stated she heard "people" in the kitchen but couldn't say it was MS specifically. She stated the last time she physically SAW MS was the prior night at 2300 when she sent her to bed [my commentary - she sent "them" to bed per her comments from earlier in the interview]

JS got out of bed around 0900 hours and left for an appointmet around 0930. her appointment was set for 1015 hours. JS returned home around 1100 or 1115 and believed SS was at home at that time. When asked what she ad SS did when they reunited at the residence JS stated they had done. They chatted and then she asked SS "what happened?"

When asked what she meant by that she stated SS had called her at around 10:18 hours to let her he and MS hadn't gone to McDonalds as planned. According to (redacted), MS and SS had planned to leave early and have a special breakfast and then he would drop her at school early. He also wanted to let her know he had left his phone at home accidently and had gone to vape shop too early and they weren't open yet [my commentary - wait how did he call her to tell her he had forgotten his phone and they hadn't gone to McDs if he had forgotten his phone????]
If she woke up around 8-8:15 AND helped with the dog AND heard people in the kitchen, then how is it that she wasn't out of bed until around 9am? WHO did she hear in the kitchen? HOW many voices? Did they exist or does she have audio hallucinations (am seriously asking).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46