Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah its all strange. Maddi was already at G-ma's, Im sure she could have spent the night. jenn didnt work that late as she was home by 1030?? Not to mention she had to get up anyway because she had a blood appt in the morning at 10:15 which she went to by the maps GHI showed tracking her vehicle)
Another thing I missed was in the first police interview, when she was asked "Was that Maddis birthday or just the day you celebrated) and Jenn replied "It was the day we celebrated" ( we again, coming from someone who wasn't there)
I gave her a little bit of a pass thinking, maybe Jenn did something for her on her actual birthday, and that's why she missed the " family party" but I don't think so. All maddis friends were invited to that Sunday birthday.
family drama?? but how then did she explain SS being there when Maddi came home? to be left alone with him ? and why was his father in town?
It sounds like another Victoria Martens case :( MOO.

Just a hunch, but this almost seems to me as if Stephan was "feeling this woman out" (can't think of the correct term for this) Basically, sharing information, in this case a sexually inappropriate scenario- with the intent being to gauge the other person's feelings or thoughts on it by their reaction or response. Do they find it inappropriate? Completely Understandable?

Did this woman also have a young daughter I wonder?
How oblivious can a person be? He tells a woman that story and thinks what? that he'd have a chance for another date? He actually thinks this is ok like this is normal behavior.? He creeps me right out.

Last edited:
Funny she didn’t need it at gran’s and the best friend said she didn’t think MS had had it since Feb 14.

Also, what made the best friend think MS may have bi polar? Who came up with that “diagnosis”??? Wouldn’t that be an unusual thing to diagnose a kid with? Especially when hormones would be just starting and mood swings may be expected???​

You have the same reaction I do. MS was kind of young to be formally diagnosed with Bipolar. Teens are all over the place in moods, so you'd need some solid evidence leaning towards bipolar. I didn't hear any symptoms related to that. After all, they kept insisting MS was a "happy-happy" girl.

JS didn't even mention MS had bipolar in the interviews, only ADHD and some Autistic tendencies. Yet, Maddie might've thought she was. Hmm, JS may have kept implying that to Maddie that she was also bipolar, and throwing her own diagnoses at Maddie. Self fulfilling prophecies can be very damaging.

All that need for meds before bed, and can't sleep alone, the mom wants to make it sound like she's making educated decisions under doctor's guidance, when really she's sending her very young daughter to bed with a pedophile, and acting dumb about that selfish choice.

MOO, and not sure I can express it so it's understood the way I see it-- I think both JS and SS were manipulating Madeline with all this limiting reasoning that didn't build upon her stability and strengths, but kept her in a weaker position so they could move her around like a chess piece for their own benefits. All MOO here.

Yeah, I'd like to know what the gatekeeper remembers about that interaction, especially since SS has a tendency to say way more than necessary. Did they not even notice anything unusual, or even look at MS sitting (slumped?) there, and SS said something totally unnecessary like... "We forgot something so had to come back. I wanted McDonalds but she wants me to grab the raspberry Entenmann's from the kitchen. It's her favorite flavor. I wanted McDonald's but you can never please kids." Blabber, blabber.
Not to mention, he could have just gone to McDonald's and got himself something. So lame.

JS didn't even mention MS had bipolar in the interviews, only ADHD and some Autistic tendencies. Yet, Maddie might've thought she was. Hmm, JS may have kept implying that to Maddie that she was also bipolar, and throwing her own diagnoses at Maddie. Self fulfilling prophecies can be very damaging.
I agree, in the new info in one of the police statements Maddies friend said "Jenn had bipolar and then described maddie as bipolar in her behavior." and she was 12. Where did they learn that from? They must have been discussing it.
Also, what made the best friend think Ms may have bi polar? Who came up with that “diagnosis”??? Wouldn’t that be an unusual thing to diagnose a kid with? Especially when hormones would be just starting and mood swings may be expected???
did it even come from the Dr? or was someone in Maddi's ear?

as to MS having bipolar, meh, I am reminded that often a parent is the historian doctors tend to rely on when dealing with minor children. IF MS was even actually diagnosed and JS wasn't feeding her her own pills because she was projecting her own issue onto MS.

I mean there is no definitive "test" that determines bipolar. That diagnosis is reached based on anectdotal reporting by the sufferer or parent of the sufferer when it's a child. So even if there is an official diagnosis, I would find it suspect knowning what we now know about JS, her own issues and lapses in judgement.

For instance, SS shows up in the picture when MS is 8. Not long after maybe MS starts to suffer some mood, behavioral and sleep issues. Was that bipolar? Or was it SS predating on her? JS, who herself claims to suffer bipolar, goes to doctor and tells doctor MS is suffering this that and the other symptom. bingo bango bongo MS is diagnosed with a mental health issue. poor Madeline :( JMO MOO

Last edited:
Bipolar.... gets diagnosed after a gathering of life experience.....

I wonder what the toxicology report shows. Was Maddie being drugged with other people's medication?

I trust nothing.

JMO

I too wondered about the blunt force trauma to the head, and now strangulation. Even before I heard strangulation as the most recent cause I had posted how he could have been strangling her, and bashed her head on the floor (shaking her as he's strangling since it takes several minutes). :(
I'm hoping she scratched his dirty hands... because the forensics part noted blood present I just wasn't sure if it was his or her's. Source: GH video part two from last night in the documents that he was reading on screen towards the end....

Yes, Shannon Butler earlier reported that MS was found wearing blue shorts-- which would have made the accounts by both SS/JS incorrect!
Maybe they both felt they NEEDED to be WRONG to divert attention away from them. EG: JS could have said she was sure she was wearing X and then SS who drove her could be like nah... she had on X... and then she is found in something entirely different so it couldn't possibly be them! UGH. These two. Gross. Me. Out.

You have the same reaction I do. MS was kind of young to be formally diagnosed with Bipolar. Teens are all over the place in moods, so you'd need some solid evidence leaning towards bipolar. I didn't hear any symptoms related to that. After all, they kept insisting MS was a "happy-happy" girl.

All that need for meds before bed, and can't sleep alone, the mom wants to make it sound like she's making educated decisions under doctor's guidance, when really she's sending her very young daughter to bed with a pedophile, and acting dumb about that selfish choice.

MOO, and not sure I can express it so it's understood the way I see it-- I think both JS and SS were manipulating Madeline with all this limiting reasoning that didn't build upon her stability and strengths, but kept her in a weaker position so they could move her around like a chess piece for their own benefits. All MOO here.
I'd bet JS never even mentioned the sleeping in same bed / sleeping alone with SS in her discussions with any actual medical professional. She knew damn well it was a terrible idea, and she didn't care or she did care and saw it as a benefit to herself.

Maybe they both felt they NEEDED to be WRONG to divert attention away from them. EG: JS could have said she was sure she was wearing X and then SS who drove her could be like nah... she had on X... and then she is found in something entirely different so it couldn't possibly be them! UGH. These two. Gross. Me. Out.

Personally, I'm holding out for the official report by the ME for both COD and what MS was wearing when her body recovered. I feel like I've repeated so much misinformation already that was believed to be from trusted MSM.

For example, from the document dump obtained by GHI, I heard GH interpret a document to report that SS's father attended MS's birthday party hosted by her grandmother. Given neither SS nor JS attended MS's birthday party, it doesn't follow that Mr. Sterns would be in attendance! Again, I just want to read the docs for myself. and truly appreciate all who posted screen shots of the docs from the YT. MOO

:mad: MOO, but please let me voice it-- what a selfish, self-absorbed mother. I find myself blaming her more than even SS. Want her held accountable for all those years. Of course he took advantage of the situation when offered up her little girl. Why did Maddie need medication before bed?​

View attachment 509701

My internet went down while I was posting last night. Wanted to add-- I figure at trial Jurors will flip out when they hear what JS said about allowing SS to go off in another bedroom with her young daughter. It seems their common sense, reasonable reaction will be similar to our reactions = WTH is wrong with that mother?!!

Not that it could excuse SS, I doubt it would help SS's defense attorney, but I think it'll be used at trial. MOO, I think Jurors might want to see charges for JS if there aren't any by then. No charges for placing that precious child in danger to be sexually abused for years with kinda her blessings? Now acting dumb and surprised. I honestly don't know how this went on under everybody's noses for that long.

6/12/24

Court TV reviewed more than 800 pages of documents released by the Osceola and Orange County Sheriffs’ Offices, which offered more information not only about Sterns’ changing stories but also about the physical evidence police found near the teenager’s body.

Finding Madeline’s Body​

Madeline’s body was found near a line of bamboo trees less than 100 feet from the road where Sterns had been seen with a flat tire on the date she disappeared. Officers who first noticed her said she was wearing a green hooded sweatshirt and blue jeans, and that her body was covered by “pieces of hay or dry grass.” The medical examiner determined that her body was in a “state of decomposition with visible insect activity around her mouth, left eye, ears and right hand.”

The documents do not offer any clues as to Madeline’s cause of death, but WFTV Investigative Reporter Shannon Butler told Vinnie Politan that her sources have told her that Madeline was strangled.

[..]

A woman who identified herself as Sterns’ ex-girlfriend contacted deputies and said that she had stopped speaking to him after he talked about sharing a bed with the teenager. She told police, “Stephan Sterns justified this behavior by saying he needed to cuddle with her so she could fall asleep. [The ex] further recalled a conversation she had with Stephan Sterns where he told her that he woke up in the bed with [redacted] with an erection and had to turn around in the bed.”

[..]

I just tried to find some sort of professional 101 overview of this phenomenon, but googling mostly lead to personal stories being shared. So MOO (as someone who sadly grew up in a situation that echoes this case in many ways), in certain types of abusive situations (esp those where the abuser very much does not want the victim to experience attention, care, or celebration), birthdays can be a key time where the abuse escalates. (In my experience it was a yearly occurance, and my quick google right now makes it seem like I'm not alone in having that horrible history.)

Also note prior thread comments citing that one of the evidence photos was taken on a previous birthday. (I believe when MS was 11 maybe, but this whole story makes me dizzy so I could be off on the year.) MOO, it's almost as if abusers want to make sure their kids do not at all believe that they deserve better (love/safety/care/celebration/to feel special) and abuse can escalate on key days (esp bdays) to drive that "point" home. I personally think it was very purposeful that MS was made to return home to her torturers that night, after her party. (Torturers plural on purpose, MOO etc.)

The medical examiner determined that her body was in a “state of decomposition with visible insect activity around her mouth, left eye, ears and right hand.”
I understand why the mouth, eye(s) and ears, but her hand? What was with her hand that would attract insects? Were there wounds that had bled?
A woman who identified herself as Sterns’ ex-girlfriend contacted deputies and said that she had stopped speaking to him after he talked about sharing a bed with the teenager. She told police, “Stephan Sterns justified this behavior by saying he needed to cuddle with her so she could fall asleep. [The ex] further recalled a conversation she had with Stephan Sterns where he told her that he woke up in the bed with [redacted] with an erection and had to turn around in the bed.”
Which begs the question... was this SS's MO whenever he met a woman with a young child to gauge their reaction? IOW... did he do exactly this with JS, and JS gave back the signal(s) he was looking for knowing he hit the jackpot with her? It's so sickening to even think of.

There was also a "leak" of sorts to Grey Hughes from a supposedly* reliable source stating her C.O.D. was blunt force trauma and/or severe head trauma (is there a technical difference?). I don't remember hearing anything about strangulation before now. We will just have to wait from a report directly from law enforcement.

But "all of the above" could be true. He could have attempted to strangle her and then chose a different route if that wasn't working quick enough. There is always the possibility the scratches on his hand weren't from Maddie (especially if he has zero other injuries, maybe a cat did the scratches or it was from briars while disposing of MS) but they also could have come from a struggle.

* I am not familiar with the "lore" or history of Grey Hughes and his sources.

MOO.
Still catching up but agree with this. There was a recent case here in Texas (little Athena killed by the fedex driver) where he tried to break her neck and it didn’t work so he resorted to BFT. SS could have tried to strangle Maddie and it was either taking too long or it was too loud with noises she might be making so he switched tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member