Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Madeline put on her own jeans,backpack,laptop,phone and was trying to escape in the early morning hrs,and got caught "Went to 'sleep' without getting on her laptop" 'Left her phone'. I don't believe Stern's,or Jen. MOO
cant believe either of them. Im wondering WHEN she told her best friend, who was at her party, that she was disappointed in the turnout and lack of presents. her interview doesnt say when Madeline told her that. via text or via phone call after the party or in person while there.

clearly she was NOT HAPPY, and IMO, what could have happened, she VERBALLY assaulted her mother and SS, possibly stating she wanted out of the house, because he ------>fill in<----so many things she could have screamed out to push her mother's buttons and possibly revealing the 'relationship secret', which resulted in her death.

Last edited:
cant believe either of them. Im wondering WHEN she told her best friend, who was at her party, that she was disappointed in the turnout and lack of presents. her interview doesnt say when Madeline told her that. via text or via phone call after the party or in person while there.

clearly she was NOT HAPPY, and IMO, what could have happened, she VERBALLY assaulted her mother and SS, possibly stating she wanted him OUT OF THE HOUSE because he ------>fill in<----so many things she could have screamed out to push her mother's buttons and possibly revealing the 'relationship secret', which resulted in her death.
I'm still finding it very hard to believe that NO ONE ever heard anything suspicious with a houseful of roommates, all on the same floor, and her mother on the floor below! Rooms aren't very soundproof. You hear things. That's puzzling to me.

It could be that Room #4 had multiple beds/bunk beds, if Jenn was using her townhouse for an airbnb type business.
And even if she wasn't using it as an airbnb type business, which I don't believe she was as it's been said from Maddie's BFF in her 2/27 interview with LE:

there are roommates who also live with Maddie and JS, but she believes they are close to Maddie’s family and don’t have enough money to live on their own

Which makes the most sense to me, rather than strangers in the house who would DEFINITELY raise their eyebrows to a girl Maddie's age sleeping with not only a grown man, but the mother's BF. That abuse would have been nipped in the bud long ago IMO. I think since they were likely family that the could have been given some kind of story as to why they did that, and it was made to sound normal (when it wasn't).

I have a feeling there's some regret and remorse on roommates part after what's happened, understandably. I hope they don't blame themselves for not saying something as I'm sure they had suspicions before SS, and possibly JS, told them some sort of story trying to make it sound normal.

All MOO

I'm still finding it very hard to believe that NO ONE ever heard anything suspicious with a houseful of roommates, all on the same floor, and her mother on the floor below! Rooms aren't very soundproof. You hear things. That's puzzling to me.
depending on how long they were living there, seems like quite a bit, IMO, they certainly did hear the arguments between JS and Madeline and disregarded yet another one. IMO, JS sending Madeline off with SS to sleep indicates to me she had an FU attitude, go be together. Madeline had conflicting feelings for SS...I cant begin to figure out how she navigated it. up and down? I think he drugged her because she threatened her mother with the truth (which is a threat to him)...and he decided to murder her.

we havent seen the roomies interviews as to 'what they heard' but they certainly would know about sleeping arrangements..probably the living room setup was simply a ruse for them to think that was her 'bedroom space' and they didnt know she was in his room alone with him overnite.

Last edited:
Maybe the roommate situation is new. After SS left. (But he still had a bedroom?)

I'm still stuck at SS making sure Maddie did her nighttime routine. That seems so invasive. All those videos. Held captive in so many ways.

Jmo

How could anyone come forward with anything positive to say about JS after all of this. I understand kids don't tell, and mothers don't know. But Sending your child to sleep alone in a bed with your boyfriend is just inexcusable.

But the point is from the day Madeline was reported missing the support seemed lacking. Before anything was known.
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Maddy not having her own room shows, to me, that Jenn did not value her daughter. I could understand having to rent rooms out in trying to pay the household expenses, HOA fees, car insurance, phone expenses, medical expenses, etc. However, one of those rooms should have been for Maddy's private space. There is no excuse for this.
Jenn must have received child support to cover some of Maddie’s living expenses.

Maybe they couldn't afford or find more than this. I know in my city, people are desperate for any housing at all, especially if they don't have a great income. Families in every country in the world share 1 room apartments or bedrooms. These people are innocent bystanders in this anyway.
I agree, just because they shared a room doesn't mean they shared a bed.

But the point is from the day Madeline was reported missing the support seemed lacking. Before anything was known.

Maybe they couldn't afford or find more than this. I know in my city, people are desperate for any housing at all, especially if they don't have a great income. Families in every country in the world share 1 room apartments or bedrooms. These people are innocent bystanders in this anyway.
Innocent bystanders and witnesses. They will have firsthand accounts which may be illuminating. May have seemed like nothing at the time but something now...

6/13/24

Below is the timeline according to Sterns’ written and verbal accounts and video surveillance detailed, all of which were found in documents given to Spectrum News by investigators:

7:00 a.m.-7:15 a.m.: Sterns told detectives that he and Madeline woke up to get an early start so they could get McDonald's on the way to school.

<modsnip - snipped for copyright. See link>

Thank you Seattle1! Lot of great compiling work there.

This is probably a repeat so pass on if so….. as I read that timeline, it makes it IMO apparent that dear MS was likely already unalive by the first time 7:00 am in that timeline.

If so, only two questions remain in my mind….. 1) what is the exact corroborated timeline for JS that early evening prior and morning; 2) same question for SS? MOO

Here are my notes from the documents covered in the Grey Hughes videos posted upthread (of the things I found important).
:)

Jennifer’s Initial Statement to Police - 2/26/2024

At approximately 8:00 AM, she observed Madeline getting ready for school. Stephan took Madeline to school at approximately 8:30 AM and dropped her off near the intersection of Town Loop Blvd and Hunter’s Park Lane. At approximately 4:00 PM, she went to the school in an attempt to pick up Madeline, however, she never came out of the school. She searched the area for Madeline and after not finding her, she went to her mother’s office.

Stephan’s Initial Statement to Police - 2/26/2024

At approximately 8:25 - 8:40 PM, he dropped Madeline off about a block away from her school and watched her walk in the direction of the school. As he was driving away, he saw what appeared to be Madeline searching through her book bag. He then drove to a vape shop (but it was closed) and to his residence. He was home for approximately one hour before he went back to the vape shop to buy vape juice and then returned home and hung out with JS. He then ran errands and returned home at approximately 2:30 PM.

Stephan’s 2nd Statement to Police (1st Digitally Recorded) - 2/27/2024

He currently lives in North Port, FL but comes to Kissimmee occasionally to spend time with Jennifer and Maddie. He arrived at their house on 2/25/2024 at about 8:45 PM. When he arrived, Jennifer was still at work and he directed Madeline to get ready for bed (which consisted of taking a shower). When Jennifer came home, she told Stephan she wanted to sleep in and told him to sleep upstairs with Maddie. Stephan woke up the next morning between 7:00 - 7:15 AM to get an “early start” and grab food at McDonald’s before school. He and Madeline left the house between 7:30 - 7:45 AM and headed towards McDonald’s at 14001 Town Loop Blvd. On the drive there, Madeline slept the whole time and said she didn’t want anything from McDonald’s when they arrived. He then drove past McDonald’s towards the school and dropped Maddie off on the right side of the road, near the community south of the State Road 417 Overpass between 8:20 - 8:40 AM. According to Stephan, Maddie was going through a phase, was embarrassed by his vehicle, and didn’t like to be dropped off at the school in it. Maddie told Stephan she was going to hang out with her friends. Stephan watched in the rearview mirror as Madeline rummaged through her backpack as she walked in the direction of the school. He assumed she was looking for her headphones but later realized she’d left her phone at home. When presented with a map, he advised detectives that he dropped her off at the intersection of Lilac Cove Lane and Town Loop Blvd. He said it was maybe the 5th or 6th time he’d dropped her off and it was common for MS to ask to be dropped off near the school. He said Maddie enjoyed the cold weather and was wearing a hoodie when he dropped her off. When asked if he’d made a U-turn at any point, he said he made a U-turn at the church parking lot to “try to sell her on McDonald’s one more time” because he was still hungry. When asked to show him on the map, he said he was bad at reading maps and said he usually takes John Young Parkway. He explained that he uses landmarks because he doesn’t know street names. When asked if Jennifer was home when he returned home (prior to his trip back out to the vape shop), he said he thought so but then said he wasn’t sure because Jennifer had a blood appointment at some point during the day. He apologized and said “sorry, everything is a blur”. He then said he believed JS was home because she was trying to sleep in as much as she could because she was “messed up” with her work schedule.

Jennifer’s 2nd Statement to the Police (1st Digitally Recorded) - 2/27/2024

She confirmed she had a new job and had not attended Maddie’s party because she was at work. She said Maddie had a “makeshift room” in the living room that she only used to hang out in but never slept in.

[Detectives described this room as a portion of the living room turned into a bedroom with a folding divider between the bedroom space and the kitchen/dining room.]

She said sleeping arrangements depended on everyone’s schedule the next day. Sometimes they all slept in her king bed, other times SS slept upstairs alone and she and Maddie slept in her bed, and other times she would send Maddie and SS to sleep in the upstairs bedroom if she needed a good night’s sleep.

She said she left home at 2:30 to pick up Maddie from school and usually waited an hour in the pick up line. After the bell rang, she noticed Maddie wasn’t one of the first students to come out like she normally was. She left at approximately 4:10 when she realized she was holding up the pickup line. She went to check her mother’s office to see if Maddie had walked there but was told it was still too early for Maddie to have arrived. She then parked on Hunters Park Lane to see if she would see Maddie walking. She then contacted one of Maddie’s friends to see if MS was with her, and her friend said she hadn’t been in their first or second periods that day. She then drove back to the school to confirm with the attendance office, but the school was already closed when she got there. She drove back to her mother’s office and emailed a few of Maddie’s teachers. One of the teacher’s responded to say that Maddie had not made it to his class or to school at all that day. She said she then called 911.

After Stephan heard Maddie hadn’t shown up at school, JS says he met her at her mother’s office, where they waited for LE to arrive. She said she’d brought Maddie’s phone with her when she went to pick her up from school. Her sister and niece looked through Maddie’s phone for JS after she was determined to be missing but didn’t find anything weird. After they left her mother’s office that evening, they looked for Maddie in the Hunters Creek area and returned home at approximately 8:00 - 9:00 PM. When asked if they went back out that night, she said Stephan had gone back out in the middle of the night in her car.

TIMELINE

2/25/2024

2:00 PM - Maddie’s birthday party begins at her grandmother’s house

8:30 PM - Maddie’s aunt drops her off at home after the party

8:45 PM - SS arrives at Jenn and Maddie’s home

10:30 PM - JS arrives home from work

11:00 PM - JS sends Maddie and SS to bed in the upstairs bedroom marked “4”

2/26/2024

7:35 AM - SS is spotted on surveillance at the trash compactor in his father’s Lincoln; he throws a white trash bag filled with items (Maddie’s laptop, backpack, a white Croc) into the compactor

[Maddie is visible in the front passenger seat of the vehicle with her head tilted on her left shoulder, mouth open, and belted into the seat.]

7:50 AM - SS leaves the complex via the back gate [Maddie is visible in the passenger seat in the same position.]

8:00 - 8:15 AM - JS briefly wakes up when Stephan comes into the room to put the dog on a leash and then goes back to sleep

8:19 AM - SS enters the complex via the front gate near N. Hoagland Blvd [Maddie is visible in the passenger seat in the same position.]

8:31 AM - SS leaves the complex via the back gate [Maddie is visible in the passenger seat in the same position.]

9:00 AM - JS gets out of bed

9:30 AM - JS leaves home to go to a doctor’s appointment

9:40 AM - SS is spotted on a surveillance camera in the parking garage of Holiday Inn Club Vacations at 9271 S. John Young Parkway moving Maddie’s body from the passenger seat of the car to the trunk

10:15 AM - JS’s scheduled doctor’s appointment

10:18 AM - SS calls JS to let her know he & MS did not go to McDonald’s

11:00 AM - SS drives to eSmoker Online Vape Shop at 13651 Hunters Oak Drive to buy vape juice and returns home

11:00 - 11:15 AM - JS returns home from her doctor’s appointment

12:45 PM - SS leaves the house to run errands; he stops at Coliseum of Comics and a couple of Target stores

1:12 PM - SS is observed traveling south on Old Hickory Tree Rd

1:20 PM - witness ‘TC’ sees SS at 5670 Hickory Tree Rd standing by a silver sedan with a tire iron

1:56 - 2:05 PM - SS is spotted on surveillance obtained from 4085 Malawi Trail traveling north on Hickory Tree Road

2:17 PM - SS is seen traveling north on Old Hickory Tree Road towards I-192

2:30 PM - JS leaves to pick up Maddie from school

4:10 PM - JS leaves the school when she doesn’t see Maddie right away because she’s holding up the pickup line and drives to her mother’s office

4:35 PM - SS is spotted on surveillance at the trash compactor throwing away the tread of a tire with no walls

6:53 PM - Orange County SO receives a call for service in reference to a missing juvenile

7:48 PM - Orange County responds to Madeline’s grandmother’s office

EVIDENCE

- Bottle of So-low Lotion from Room #4

- Items seen in videos were identified in an area previously described by detectives as Madeline’s room

- video SS secretly recorded of his roommate by placing his phone under her bedroom door

- black tire located in a vacant field at 2175 Old Hickory Tree Rd

- 2022 Nissan sedan towed from TownePlace Suites at Flamingo Crossings, 2/28/2024 at 8:30 PM

- right white Croc, size 5-7, discovered in the trash [matched the left white Croc, size 5-7, located inside Maddie’s home]

- 2010 Lincoln MKZ, 2/28/2024

- Stephan’s cell phone (black Samsung), 2/28/2024

SEARCH WARRANTS

- Maddie’s Residence, 2/27/2024 [executed 2/28/2024 & 2/29/2024]

- Meta, 2/28/2024 [Meta denied the warrant for Maddie’s Instagram account on 3/1/2024]

- 2022 Nissan Sentra [executed 3/1/2024]

- SS’s Google Search history, 3/1/2024 [transferred to hard drive 3/4/2024]

- Infotainment system from the 2010 Lincoln MKZ, 2/28/2024

- Infotainment system from the 2022 Nissan Sentra, 2/29/2024

- SiriusXM Account, 2/29/2024

WITNESS INTERVIEWS

Neighbor Couple, 2/28/2024

- they’ve spent their winters and springs at the complex for the last 18 years

- Maddie’s grandfather resided with Maddie and JS for many years and helped raise Maddie

- Maddie’s grandfather moved out a few years ago and JS “married” SS

- they last saw Maddie on Saturday or Sunday walking the dog

MA, 2/29/2024

- contacted Orange County Sheriff’s Office after seeing the news release

- met SS while working with him at Disney and they were intimate between December 2022 - May 2023

- SS told her that he was separated from JS but still slept at her house, specifically in the bed with Maddie; he explained this by saying he needed to cuddle with Maddie so she could fall asleep

- SS one day revealed to her that he’d woken up in the bed with Maddie with an erection; MA felt his comments were inappropriate and stopped talking to him soon after

Maddie’s Best Friend - 2/27/2024

- she’s known Maddie since the 4th grade

- MS told her she didn’t get along with her mom

- she heard from a mutual friend that JS told Maddie she was going to kick her out of the house and disown her when she turned 18 or 19

- she talks to Maddie every day on the phone and Maddie texts her each morning when she wakes up; she thought it was odd when Maddie didn’t text her the morning of 2/26/2024 or answer when she tried to call

- MS has only briefly mentioned her biological father but is always on the phone with SS, texting or talking, usually in the afternoon or at night

- SS recently moved out but still visits JS and Maddie often

- JS or Maddie’s grandparents usually bring Maddie to school; she doesn’t recall SS ever bringing her

- there are roommates who also live with Maddie and JS, but she believes they are close to Maddie’s family and don’t have enough money to live on their own

- neither JS nor SS were at Maddie’s birthday party

- MS commonly receives money from JS for her birthday, but Maddie was upset this year because her mom didn’t give her any

- MS doesn’t miss school often but is sick a lot

- MS talks to her dad and sister who live in Washington DC and she believes Maddie is close with her sister

- MS talks to different people through Roblox; she’s unaware if Maddie has ever met up with any strangers she’s spoken to

- MS has never said anything about sending or receiving inappropriate photos

- MS has a YouTube Shorts account where she posts videos of herself dancing with her face covered; Maddie plans to show her face once she reaches 200 subscribers

- MS has a crush on a schoolmate but said he didn’t like her and ignored her text messages

- MS takes medicine for ADHD and possibly bipolar disorder; she describes Maddie as impulsive, having mood swings and symptoms of bipolar disorder

- MS last took her medication on 2/14/2024 and would tell everyone about not taking it; she didn’t like taking her medicine because she had more energy when she didn’t take it

- JS called her on the evening of 2/26/2024 to ask if Maddie was with her; JS told her she’d last seen Maddie at 8:45 that morning when she dropped her off at the church near the school; the friend said this was unusual because Maddie was typically dropped off in the car line

7th Grade School Counselor - 2/29/2024

- met Maddie at the beginning of the school year

- she was told MS has ADHD and has a hard time focusing; Maddie also has anxiety and panic attacks

- she conducts check-ins with MS at school and has met with Maddie about six times since the start of the school year

- MS typically comes to see her when she’s feeling panicked or overwhelmed; Maddie has also said she’s dealing with things at home including fighting with her mom; she said JS would get upset because Maddie is forgetful or doesn’t clean up like she’s expected to

- at their monthly check-in in December, January, and February, Maddie reported that things were improving at home and were better at school

- MS reported that her mom’s boyfriend lived with them and she didn’t like him because he was weird; when Maddie was pressed about why she thinks he’s weird, she said it was because he ate all their food, hangs out in the living room, and makes her feel uncomfortable; MS reported in December that he was moving out and that made her happy

- JS told her that Maddie was seeing a therapist weekly

- Maddie’s grades appeared to be stable and seemed to be improving since December

- her last check-in was on 2/6/2024 and Maddie said she was really happy and things were good at school and with mom

2nd Period PE Teacher - 2/29/2024

- MS always seemed very anxious and anytime she needed to ask her something or wanted something, she brought a buddy with her

- MS seemed shy around authority figures but not everybody

- occasionally, Maddie’s friends would tell her that MS needed to go to the counselor and she’d go with her friends [she didn’t know why Maddie needed to see the counselor]

- she didn’t think it was normal for Maddie to want to go away on her own because she needed someone with her

1st Period Intensive Reading Teacher - 2/29/2024

- JS didn’t come to open house and they had never met

- Maddie had a D in her class every quarter; MS would work in class but wasn’t able to follow things through to completion

7th Period English Teacher - 2/29/2024
- he described Maddie as “quieter”; she sometimes does her work but has a lot of “sleepy days” where she comes in and puts her head down and does nothing

- MS didn’t seem to have as many sleepy days as she did at the beginning of the school year

- he saw that MS was “fatigued” which he believes may have been a sign of depression, but he didn’t see anything more overt

- Maddie’s grades were rough but then she brought them up; she went through phases where she wouldn’t turn anything in

- MS seemed normal but quiet and tired

Friend of Maddie - 2/29/2024

- has known MS since the 4th grade

- Maddie and her mom would frequently fight and she describes JS as bipolar

- describes MS as bipolar in her behavior and said she was taking an unknown medication for ADHD

- she describes MS as nice, funny, and caring on her medication but “snappy” when she didn’t take it

- she didn’t notice MS going through a depressive phase but MS said she was going through one earlier in the year

- Maddie was upset at her birthday party because she advertised it well but not many people showed up or brought presents

- MS had two previous boyfriends; one who was expelled for breaking another child’s elbow; she described both relationships “over distance” and “a lot of texting”

- she’s not allowed to have social media but showed the investigator Maddie’s YouTube and Discord accounts

- she emphasized that MS’s mention of living in the woods was only if “World War 3” happened

- she never saw any bruises on Maddie but noted that MS occasionally came to school wearing red makeup that made it look like she’d been crying

- she went to Maddie’s house every week but has never stayed the night because of her parent’s rules

- she’s only met SS once even though he’s been with JS for a long time

- SS recently moved out but she doesn’t know why; when she asked MS, she just ignored her question

- Maddie has sent her two screenshots of SS while they were FaceTiming in the past, but she wasn’t able to locate the photos for investigators

- MS typically got her period two days before she did but last month MS got hers “a week or two” after she did; they didn’t have a conversation about it

- she said JS was never freaking out and thought it was weird that she initially said she dropped MS off at school when SS did

- she was shocked to hear the news about SS’s arrest

ETA: I took screenshots of all of this but can’t upload them all. If you want to see the screenshot for a specific bit of information, just let me know and I’ll upload that image.
Why didn’t his girlfriend report that SS was sharing a bed with Maddie?

I have a feeling there's some regret and remorse on roommates part after what's happened, understandably. I hope they don't blame themselves for not saying something as I'm sure they had suspicions before SS, and possibly JS, told them some sort of story trying to make it sound normal.

All MOO
I'm wondering when they moved in?

If it was after SS moved out, then the alleged adult roommate may have had no idea about SS sleeping with MS.

If they were family members, I could possibly understand MS taking a corner of. the livingroom somehow being explained as "Ok, you and 15 yo boy take the upstairs, MS and I will be down here in my room and the livingroom".

I'm NOT giving any adults,esp.adult with a 15 yo, a pass for considering SS sleeping with MS as normal. I don't care what they were told.

I'm wondering when they moved in?

If it was after SS moved out, then the alleged adult roommate may have had no idea about SS sleeping with MS.

If they were family members, I could possibly understand MS taking a corner of. the livingroom somehow being explained as "Ok, you and 15 yo boy take the upstairs, MS and I will be down here in my room and the livingroom".

I'm NOT giving any adults,esp.adult with a 15 yo, a pass for considering SS sleeping with MS as normal. I don't care what they were told.
True, but he was there the night of her murder, as were roommates, so I'm venturing a guess that roomies were there at other times as well.

I agree, just because they shared a room doesn't mean they shared a bed

That isn't where I was going,should clarify.

I was concerned there were potentially TWO young teens, without privacy, subjected to the grooming,creepiess and more from SS.

SS. was filming under the roommates door with a phone, right? Are we clear about who he was filming? Was SS also havig out with the other teenager??

Do we have TWO separate adult female roommates, AND a 15 yo boy? Have I understood this correctly? Or. just a mom and a 15 yo boy? And do we know when/how long/what combination was living there at/around the time MS was murdered, and last few months of her life.

Thank You all of you for transcribing and sharing the info you've gathered on this case. A lot of the info seems scattered and needs to be pieced together on this case, and weeding out the lies. Here's some visuals.

I'm extremely curious here about what SS was doing on Telegram at 11:49 p.m. that night. Trying to imagine what was going on then. Was Madeline asleep because she had school the next day. Was he taking pics or filming on the last night Madeline was alive? Would LE be able to find out who SS was online communicating with on Telegram? Could LE be holding back more of what was found either on SS's phone or specifically what he was doing on Telegram?

We know by morning Madeline was not alive. What really happened and why did she end up dead? She just had a 13th birthday party. She was a healthy, strong, young person and I don't think death would've come easy to her.

This shows when all three individually arrived at the condo the night of Feb. 25th.
SS took Jens car in the middle night Feb 26 to 27 am.png
Madeline had showered and taken bedtime meds.
Supposedly, Jenn saw her, and said she was so happy with her birthday gifts. Jenn sends them (her daughter and her older bf) off to bed at 11 p.m. and
49 minutes later SS logs onto Telegram.

See Video at 6:18 mark
1718482011996.png

It's said that SS took Jenn's vehicle out on the night of Feb. 26th as it turned into Feb. 27th. (see calendar) He had already left the body in the field the day of Feb. 26. So, where did he go that night in Jenn's car?

Madeline Soto Timeline until remains found.png

So Maddy was getting Ds and Fs and not turning in assignments in February. The semester would have started in January which is while Stephan was out of the house. Were her grades better before? Did Stephan previously help her with assignments and homework? Maybe one of the reasons Stephan was returning was supposedly to help her with her school work.

I want to know where SS went in the middle of the night of the 26th (27th. morning) at 0330 hrs am in jenns vehicle.

Were SS and JS already staying at the hotel by then. They had reported MS missing, (he'd placed her in the field that day) but were they still staying at the condo. I think yes. So, he took her car someplace unknown in what I call the middle of the night?
What was Stephan’s father doing at the hotel?
That's a good question.
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads